expression as a value of a table - 23741

Hi all,I have a table that contains numbers and names of tables all in onefield,the type of the records for the table is text.is it posible to request to convert the value to a value of a table aspart of SQL sentence?
0
thread
3/5/2007 12:42:45 PM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

#value! Error
From a drop down list of 15 names in A2, B1 returns a value of 1-1 depending on which name selected. The idea is to show in column D the names of upto 24 players, the nam chosen in A2 has played. I use the following formula. ( a nested IF only allows 7 options??) =IF($B$1=1,I2,0)+IF($B$1=2,L2,0)+IF($B$1=3,O2,0)+IF($B$1=4,R2,0)+IF($B$1=5,U2,0)+IF($B$1=6,X2,0)+IF($B$1=7,AA2,0)+IF($B$1=8,AD2,0 & so on to +IF($B$1=15,AW2,0) This formula is repeated 24 times D4 through D27 to return text fro cell reference I2, L2, O2 & so on. It returns always returns #value! if I change text to numbers i...

Table violation
I have a user that is getting a table violation when trying to print a report writer report. Primarily financial reports ...

Converting email from outlook express to outlook 2003
I recently purchased microsoft office professional edition 2003 with outlook 2003. I previously had outlook express. My email is still going to outlook express. How do I get it to go to outlook 2003? Tony <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recently purchased microsoft office professional > edition 2003 with outlook 2003. I previously had outlook > express. My email is still going to outlook express. > How do I get it to go to outlook 2003? Set up Outlook. Create your account so that its properties match the account in OE. Then, open your Internet Op...

outlook express #70
I saved emails from my previous computer from Outlook Express on CD. I am running the identical program on my new computer and I cannot get my emails to load on this computers Outlook Express. Could you help me to get these emails off my CD. "Joni Clark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:070001c3aa4f$f15ce080$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I saved emails from my previous computer from Outlook > Express on CD. I am running the identical program on my > new computer and I cannot get my emails to load on this > computers Outlook Express. Could you...

How do search a range to generate a value?
Period 0-7 41852 15-21 22-28 Value Time to pay 1000 21 [1000] 500 4 [500] I am trying to set up a worksheet so that once an individual selects a value in the Time to pay column, a value will be generated in the relevant period. I've shown the desired output in square brackets above. I've tried an IF function but I ultimately end up exceeding the available number of IFs allowed. I've also tried lookups to no avail. Steve - You can put the formulas in the columns and drag them down. For example, in the column "0-7", enter this: =IF...

Pivot Table Calculated Item
Hello All, I have a pivot table for which I created a caluclated item to devide Rev by Qty (which are both possible entries in the field Category). Because Excel is now performing this calculation even on combinations that don't exist it is showing each line rather than just those for which data exists. So where I had Division Product Rev Qty North Product A 3000 10 Product C 5000 100 South Product A 5000 15 Product B 4000 25 I now have Division Product Rev North Product A 300 Product B #DI...

Pivot table #3
I am trying to "Refresh the Data" for my Pivot Table. My data is a lot longer then it used to be. How do I make sure that all numbers are included in the pivot table. Right now the last three rows are cut off. Thanks. E Ed, right click in the pivot table, choose pivot table wizard, then back, then select the required range with your mouse ED wrote: >I am trying to "Refresh the Data" for my Pivot Table. > >My data is a lot longer then it used to be. How do I make sure that all >numbers are included in the pivot table. > >Right now the last three ...

How to get rid of #VALUE! ?
Hi! I got the price in C2:C100 and Pieces in D2:D100. The Formula in E:E10 is C2*D2, C3*D3 etc. But in som of the cells in C2:C100 i have to ad some text instead of numbers. This, off course, gives the formula i column E "#VALUE!" How can i get rid of "#VALUE!" here, and instead have "0" or just "- in the formulas in column -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try =IF(ISNUMBER(C2)*(ISNUMBER(D2),C2*D2,"-") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi! > > I got the price in C2:C100 and Pieces in D2:D100. The Formula ...

2 or more text values related to the same text value
I have a database in which 2 or more text values (names) from one table may be related to the same singluar text value from another table (a title). When I query by title to find the names associated with that title, if there is more than one name associated with that title it returns two rows of results, with the same exact details except for the two names. Is there a way to design a report such that if 2 names will be returned given one title, to show only one set of results with both names together? I hope this question makes sense. Thank you, Debbie "Debbie S." <Deb...

Some trendlines cannot be calculated from data containing negative or zero values
Can this alert be turned off? In Excel 2000, XP, and 2003, This message occurs when you modify data that is charted with a Logarithmic, Power, or Exponential trendline, in such a way that refitting the trendline would essentially require taking logarithms of negative numbers. Since Excel's functions (other than a few in the Analysis ToolPak, which is a 3rd party Add-In that only ships with Excel) are all restricted to real values, what do you think Excel should do instead of warning you that it cannot do what you have asked it to do? Jerry Reo Grande wrote: > Can this aler...

"How do I get rid of old records in an Pivot Table?
The spreadsheet gets copied each month to a new file and the data cleared out, BUT the selecetion in the Pivot Table still holds the data from Previous spreadsheets Debra Dalgleish has some techniques at: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot04.html AyPee wrote: > > The spreadsheet gets copied each month to a new file and the data cleared > out, BUT the selecetion in the Pivot Table still holds the data from Previous > spreadsheets -- Dave Peterson The web-link was very helpful, thank you. I was about to reprogram and build my pivot tables to get rid of the obsolete item...

attachments on Outlook Express
The attachments on my incoming email are shadowed out and I can't open them. How can I get the attachments to open? "spencer" <spencer4444@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:1f0201c42754$31980900$a401280a@phx.gbl... > The attachments on my incoming email are shadowed out and > I can't open them. How can I get the attachments to open? Tools-Options-Security for the 160,000th time.......... This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name....

Inserting picture stored in an Access DB table
I would like to insert a picture in a given cell. This picture is stored in a table in an Access DB. How can I accomplish this? Thanks hi pictures and other objects cannot be inserted into cells. objects "float" on top of the sheet. the closest you might get is to insert the picture into a comment. see this site. http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Picture regards FSt1 "Jess" wrote: > I would like to insert a picture in a given cell. This picture is stored in a > table in an Access DB. How can I accomplish this? > > Thanks...

Re-install Outlook Express 5
I up dated via download the OE version 6. Now some of my programs do not work properly because of a lack of available memory. Where can I find the old version 5, and can I re-install it? Larry <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I up dated via download the OE version 6. Now some of my > programs do not work properly because of a lack of > available memory. Where can I find the old version 5, and > can I re-install it? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Can you create a table style yourself?
My boss has asked if there is a way to create a table style yourself or if we have to use the choices they provide? Does anyone know? Hello, Guess this is a PPT 2007 question, to the best of my knowledge you cannot create a new table style. -- Luc Sanders MVP - PowerPoint "Tables question..." <Tables question...@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:8FF6AC4A-02EE-46CE-BC33-D39C65CF94CD@microsoft.com... > My boss has asked if there is a way to create a table style yourself or if > we > have to use the choices they provide? Does a...

Axis values showing incomplete
I have a chat that represents the weekly fulfillment of a budget. In consists of a line replesenting budget level and weekly I add in a separate worksheet the orders level for the current week. The thing is that the time axis, (readsthe values from Budget line sheet) is only showing month and a dash, but not the year for the months where I dont have orders values. That is: It's shows "Oct-" for values beyond Sep where I don't have Orders information where It should be "Oct-05" Pls help, I have tried every properties for charts but no good results Thanks, fro...

Conditional format of values
I have a list of lap times and need to be able to colour the cells with the fastest and slowest lap times respectively. Is there a way in excel I can format the cells beforehand so that they update when the times are entered? Thanks for any info Say the lap times are recorded in a range called MyRange and a cell MyCell is within MyRange Then the conditional formatting of MyCell might be set to for maximum (condition 1) FormulaIs: =MyCell=MAX(MyRange) for minimum (condition 2) FormulaIs: =MyCell=MIN(MyRange) If the maximum coincides with the minimum it would be treated as maximum in the ab...

Express
Can I import Outlook Express 6 into Outlook 2000? Express seems to use dbx extensions and 2000 doesnt recognize them. Thom Either in OE go to File-Export or in Outlook go to File-Import and export. "Thom" <tlaybourne@hyspan.com> wrote in message news:34f901c3aa12$20df8a80$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Can I import Outlook Express 6 into Outlook 2000? > Express seems to use dbx extensions and 2000 doesnt > recognize them. > > Thom Ok. What do you select for IMPORT? OR What do you select for EXPORT TO.. I can export to Excel but it errors during import. I ca...

Outlook Express opening slowly ??
I have WinXP Pro, running Outlook Express. Whenever i open OE6 it opens to the inbox, sticks (freezes) for about 10 to 15 seconds, then opens up the Inbox mail. It works fine from there on in. What could be causing it to open this slowly, is it checking on something and how can i stop it doing whatever it's doing in this time. It never used to happen. I did put some basic filters on e-mails (junk mail etc), and i thought it was that but i have removed them (i think) and it's just the same ??? Cheers Andy ...

Re: array formula to provide all values associated with a given value
I should mention that I'd like the output from the table below to look something like this: 1000020 Td;Tz;Ug;Zm;Zw 1000035 Ao;Mz etc. Thanks - Toby "tschaeffer" <tschaeffer@fews.net> wrote in message news:... > From an Access Query. I've got a list with the unique ID's for reports, > and the next field indicates what Language they were written in. > > This was from a Many - Many relationship in Excel, and many of the reports > were written in many different languages. > > ReportID CountryID >...

I don't know how to make a data table
I don't know how to make a data table. Please help make one for me by tomorrow. AsianPride210, This is easier than you think. Column A in cell A1 TIME,cells A2 through A62. 1:00 2:00 3:00 etc. 60:00 In column B data point that changes, cell B2 through B62 what the data point was. In column C second data point that changes, cell C2 through C62 what the data point was. Looks something like: TIME 1st Data 2nd Data 1:00 15 121 2:00 16 122 3:00 16 107 4:00 18 201 and so on and...

extracting values out of a list using formulars
hi there, i've got the following problem: i've got a list of values (text). this list might contain a value several times. i want to extract the values of this list using a formular. multiple occourances of one value must only be extracted once. the extracted list should be created automatically only using formulars and no macros. here is an example of what a want to do: the user enters values in the cells A1 to A5 and the speedsheet should print out A8 to A10. ------| A | B | 1 | val1 | | 2 | val2 | | 3 | val2 | | 4 | val3 | ...

outlook express...
it only works about 40% of the time. I get this error.... The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com', Server: 'pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E I have contacted my isp and everything is good on their end and this is a chronic issue. Can you please help me resolve this? thanks... This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgrou...

Linked Tables and forms
Hi everyone, I had a department ask me the question on whether they can use a switchboard to link 3 or 4 different databases? I am pretty sure it would be possible as long as the databases are split correct? Would i just have these linked tables on the database and have the necessary forms and reports loaded onto the front end? If someone can offer me their thoughts or a link to were i can find more information it is appreciated. Thanks You can link to multiple back end databases; howver linking only applies to tables. If you have forms, reports, queries, or macros in the databases...

Programatically format Axis Values
I have created a Chart control programatically. I set the minimum value of the horizontal axis by using the following code Axis ax = chart.Axes(XlAxisType.xlValue, XlAxisGroup.xlPrimary) as Axis; ax.MinimumScale = 10000.0; I need to change the format of the values displayed in the axis from number to currency instead of number. How do I do this programatically? How can I programatically give format code for the axis. Thanks in advance. ...