exclusive access to the database error. Office 2003 upgrade.

Hi.

This access dtaabase was on a shared folder used by upto 40 simultaeous
users. There were no issues. In January they upgraded from office 2000 to
office 2003 and started getting this error. "You do not have exclusive access
to the database at this time. If you proceed to make changes, you may not be
able to save them later"

I checked teh article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/839782
but we don't have the same situation. There is only one .ldb file and there
is no .mdw file with the same name as ldb file.  Is this related to office
2003 upgrade.  The first user is able to successfully login, all the other
users that attempt to login after wards (there is one .ldb) get this error.
Before the office 2003 upgrade this error never occured.

If you have know anything about this please let me know.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Have you split the database, and given each user their own independent copy
of the front end?

If that is a new idea, see:
    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-01.html

"bell2" <bell2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> This access dtaabase was on a shared folder used by upto 40 simultaeous
> users. There were no issues. In January they upgraded from office 2000 to
> office 2003 and started getting this error. "You do not have exclusive
> access
> to the database at this time. If you proceed to make changes, you may not
> be
> able to save them later"
>
> I checked teh article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/839782
> but we don't have the same situation. There is only one .ldb file and
> there
> is no .mdw file with the same name as ldb file.  Is this related to office
> 2003 upgrade.  The first user is able to successfully login, all the other
> users that attempt to login after wards (there is one .ldb) get this
> error.
> Before the office 2003 upgrade this error never occured.
>
> If you have know anything about this please let me know.

0
Allen

users have access to all mailboxes
After recently updating server current patches, no Exchange updates, users access to all mailboxes. The restriction is still in place for admins, (if you are a member if both the Exchange Domain serves and one of the Admin groups, you will not have access to the other mailboxes) Operating system, Win2K SP4, Exchange 2K Enterprise SP3. "Don" wrote: > After recently updating server current patches, no Exchange updates, users > access to all mailboxes. The restriction is still in place for admins, (if > you are a member if both the Exchange Domain serves and one of the ...

CRM 3.0 Service Calendar, Server Error in '/' Application
Hi I have been chasing this error for a while now with no success. When viewing the Service calendar or Creating a new Activity we get an error that would appear to be some issue with a date format somewhere. (error message at bottom of post) I have checked that the CRM application in IIS is running under dot.net 1.1, I have installed all service roll ups and hot fixes, I have stood on my head and prayed to all the MS gods that I know of - does anyone have any new ones I can try? It seems to have appeared after I installed some C360 add ons - removing them however has not fixed the is...

Help! Access shuts down -lost record
Hi...one of my clients is using a form i created to enter interview data...it's got multiple tabs and is fairly simple. She just reported "got an error, Access shut down, and I can't find my interview" - This has happened to her before. It has never happened when I tested it on my laptop. If for whatever reason Access is shutting down, why were all her notes deleted. Isn't it saving constantly? (It does on my machine!). She's using an mde version of the form. Is there any where I can tell her to look for her record if it's not appearing when she opens...

2003 Rule problem: Offline "Sent" mail is not processed when going back online
Hi, I have rules that sort sent messages to different folders based on different message attributes (addresses, subjects, ..) In order to not get duplicates of all mails, I have turned off the general switch "Save copies..." of outgoing mail (/Tools/Options/E-mail options) and instead built a hierarchy of rules for all outgoing mail (including a rule for "what's left"). All this works great when I'm on line. However, when I go offline, messages gets stored in the Outbox and is hence not processed by the rules. When I go on-line again, the message is immediatley ...

Import data from Access to SQL
Hello everyone. I have an instance of SQL Server 2008 Express on my PC, I have need to export tables from Access 2007 to SQL. I did successfully migrate (table access with unique ID field primary key) with SQL Server Migration Assistant for Access 2008, I rechecking the tables in SQL and it's all ok. Linking tables in Access. I have saved import (from text files) that work without problems with Access tables, when I go to do one of these imports, at some point the message "Unable to register changes. The entered value violates the settings for the table or the list...

access to outlook 2003
Is it possible to have an after update function (in access) open up the user's calendar in Outlook and create an appt for a specific day and time from info that is stored in the record in access? would like to be able to use the reminder feature of outlook to remind the user of something he has to do in the future etc. tks Steve No offense but hasn't got Outlook a great feature for that called 'Reminder'? -- Maurice Ausum "fishqqq@hotmail.com" wrote: > Is it possible to have an after update function (in access) open up > the user's ca...

Exclusive mode
Developed a series of databases and applications in Access 2003. Now I am converting them to 2007. Access 2007 will not allow the conversion due to the fact that the database was open in exclusive mode. I have changed all the mode settings to shared but still not able to convert. Is there something new in 2007 that I have not found that turns exclusive mode off to allow the conversion. Thanks -- Robert ...

Exchange web access does not poll messages until.
Exchange web access does not poll from our pop account until someone in our office does a send and receive on our particular workstations. Is there a way around this? We try a send receive from within our web access but it does not poll from our pop accounts. by the way we are using server 2003 , and exchange server 2003. Thanks guys Are you using a POP connector or Internet Mail in Outlook? If the former, the send/receive settings are determined by the POP connector itself. If the latter, you aren't going to be able to use Internet Mail in OWA very efficiently (without someone who is...

Exporting from Access Form to Excel
Does anyone have any ideas to get information that is entered on a Access 2000 form exported to Excel? When data is entered on my form sheet, it goes into a query. I would like it to go right to an Excel file. Any answer or any help would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

Error message when using Excel on Terminal Server
Hi, We have been using Excel 2003 on a Windows 2003 Terminal server for about a year with no problems until yesterday. Now when we open Excel we get a message that says "C:\documents and sattings\administrator.rco1\application data\microsoft\addins\c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\geography\mpoai9.dll is not a valid office addin". We click ok and excel opens fine. I think it is because we deleted some mapping software that must have tied into excel. It has not been a problem but we want it to go away because it is preventing us from exporting things from oth...

I am having trouble pulling information in my access file.
-- Stacy On Fri, 5 Oct 2007 13:42:02 -0700, Stacy <Stacy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Please describe the file, and the trouble. You can see your computer... we can't. John W. Vinson [MVP] Perhaps the "information" relates to "hens teeth?" They say they're hard to pull! John W. Vinson wrote: >Please describe the file, and the trouble. You can see your computer... we >can't. > > John W. Vinson [MVP] -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000 Message posted v...

OWA does not work after upgrade to Exchange 2003
Hello all, I'm currently upgrading our excisting Exchange 5.5 ORG to Exchange 2003. The method chosen is implace upgrade. We have 35 sites world-wide. I'm experiencing the same problem in both sites who have been migrated thusfar. When I try to access OWA through http://FQDN/exchange, I get to authenticate but then only a shell of the OWA is loaded and the graphical icons are missing. At the same time a "loading..." message is displayed. I've checked the knowledge base and I find 2 articles (207655 and 290177) for this when you are behind a proxy 2.0. We are us...

New Version Excel 2003 related question
I have MS office 2000 at home and Ms office 2003 at Office. Can I bring my XLS file and use on Excel 2003 and after editing save or creating new file, I can open them on Excel 2000. Please advise. Regards. Irshad I have Office 97 and Office 2003 on the same PC at work, and office 2000 at home and frequently travel files (up to 100 worksheets per workbook) between the 3, to date I have not had a problem, but am aware that some features of the later editions may not revert back correctly to the '97 version. To date I have not encountered any. Irshad Alam Wrote: > I have MS of...

Excell can not access
Hi Very important accounting(which is 26 KB only) excel file is not allowing me to open the file. I may encrypted this worksheet and immediately turned into green colour, 6 months later i reinstalled windows XP pro but this time iwhen i try to open First dialog box show that : Excel cannot access "file name". The document may be read-only or encrypted. Then second dialog box show up : Cannot access "file name"..... i tried openoffice.org but didnt solve the problem.I never used any password for this file. I think this excel file ,when i choose the option to encrypt ...

Access and Outlook Appointment Label
Hi, I have read previous posts about this but I am struggling to find an answer that works for me - so my apologies in advance for duplicating a previous post. I am a beginner to access but can mostly write and understand basic code myself. I have code from access that posts appointments to outlook (this works fine). I want to change the label colour of appointments I post and understand this is not as easy as changing other appointment properties. I have read posts with code to change the label colour that refer to CDO and other things I have not heard of! I also could not fully understand...

Exchange 2003 #37
I have an exchange 2003 server running on a 2003 server. Exchange has SP 1 installed, Server 2003 does not. I am having an issue where whenever I add a user and automatically create a mailbox for them it does not always update the global address list. It will work for a while and then stop and the only way I can get it to update the GAL is to either restart the server or restart the system attendant service. Has anybody seen this before or is there a fix for this? Thanks. ...

Wiener Access Stammtisch (Nr. 79): Einladung f�r den 11.05.2010 ("Pizzeria Fantastica" Kagraner Platz)
Wiener Access Stammtisch http://access.primary.at/ access.st.wien@gmx.at Liebe Accessler, ich m�chte Euch hiermit zum 79. Wiener Access Stammtisch einladen. Termin: Dienstag, 11.05.2010, ab 19:00 Ort: Lokal "Fantastica, Pizzeria", Wagramer Stra�e 154, A 1220 Wien ------------------------------------------ Fantastica, Pizzeria http://www.fantastica.at/ pizza22@fantastica.at pizzeria@fantastica.at 1220 - Wagramer Stra�e 154 Restaurant, Italienische K�che Telefon: 203 75 39, Fax: 209 15 21 �ffnungszeiten t�glich 09.00 - 23.00 Gastgarte...

BUG: Exchange 2003
Microsoft MVP's or super heavy admins please send a URL to a site that you know works for this, pretty please. :) No one so far has come up with a solution that works on this and I just don't think it works. I did this all day on 2000 and even though the security tabs are there they just don't work right for 2003. If anyone knows differently please inform us b/c several people around the world are having the exact same problem. Please fix or post a link that actually has been proven to work. Have a great day! Paul Stephenson what do you mean by "they just don't w...

archive access
I have just upgraded my Vista program to Windows 7. Now when I attempt to enter the archive file in Outlook I get a window saying I do not have permission to access the archives. This is my personal computer system. What do I do to get access to my Outlook archives? Are you sure they aren't marked Read-Only? They aren't on a CD are they? What version of Outlook are you using? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: htt...

Publisher 2003 Books?
Can anyone tell me if there are any worthwhile books for MS Publisher 2003? If not, would books on earlier versions of publisher work, or have there been significant changes made to 2003? Can someone recomend such a book? Thank you Not a book, but a lot of info here: http://www.publishermvps.com/ On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 06:02:01 -0700, "whitezb" <whitezb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can anyone tell me if there are any worthwhile books for MS Publisher 2003? > >If not, would books on earlier versions of publisher work, or have there been significant changes ...

Error: Code 80070424
I have this error coming up everytime I try to update windows. I have followed the instructions through troubleshooting and its not rectifying itself. Any help?? Hello Nae, 0x80070424 ERROR_SERVICE_DOES_NOT_EXIST BITS service is deleted. 80070424 usually means that the BITS service (required by Windows Update) is not running. Error message when you use Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web sites to install updates: 0x80070424 <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968002/> If no joy, click the Start orb, in the Start Search field type in cmd Right clic...

Great Plains Standard on other database than MDSE?
Hello All, I was informed by Microsoft that Great Plains Standard runs on any database version. I wanted to test it but always received an error message saying that this is not an MSDE Server and that I must choose a different server. What am I doing wrong? Regards I believe it has something to do with your license key. Contact your partner to get a SQL Server key for GP. "Pur2103" wrote: > Hello All, > > I was informed by Microsoft that Great Plains Standard runs on any database > version. I wanted to test it but always received an error message saying &...

Runtime Error '7' Out of Memory
I get Runtime Error '7' Out of Memory when clicking on the Supplier tab while editing some items. There is no supplier assigned to the item. When adding a new item I can click on the supplier tab with no problems. I have moved the DB to a new machine and it occurs there also. Compared the record using SLQ Studio Express and can find no difference in that record or a newly created one. Other databases are fine. I'm scratching on this one. Any Ideas/suggestions would be apprecated This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0460_01C9C4E2.819CF510 C...

Installing Money without access to updates (as Money is retiring)
Hi all I have a copy of Money 2006 (I think, the version isn't the point here). When I do a new install, I cannot open my existing .mny file. I first create a dummy file, wait for Money to mention it has updates to install, and then install them. Once this is done, I can open my existing file. My problem is this: Five years from now when Money is a distant memory, I may want to install it on a new computer. I fully intend to stick to my retirement plan in Money using Money, and so I see a long, long life for this product on my current and future computers. How, then, can...

Typing accents in Access
I have a database that I need to enter many different names in different languages. How would I type the accents for these names. In other office products you can insert the symbol or type the code and press Alt X. Is there a way to put the accents in the names in access. I am using Access 2003. Thanks in advance for your help. Best regards, Dee "Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEB1C165-92C3-4750-9F85-02914978F32B@microsoft.com... >I have a database that I need to enter many different names in different > languages. How would I type the ...