Errors after Modifying Access 2000 db using Access 2003

I know this proplem has been posted and several solutions have been posted,
but I cannot get any of them to work, and I'm at wits end.  Someone in the
company developed a db in Access 2000 that is extremely useful, but after
years of using, I've thought of a few ways to improve upon it (via Access
2003).

I was finally able to update the Forms, Macros, and Modules, and get the db
working as I wanted. However, after I closed the db and re-opened it for its
final testing, I got the dreaded "Module Not Found" error when I clicked on
one of the command buttons.

I feel like I have tried all of the solutions posted (rebuild after first
deselecting Name Autocorrect, Decompling, etc), but I cannot get it to work.
What is REALLY strange is that it doesn't happen after a Save, only after a
Close and re-Open.  Also, I've had it work after closing it one or two times,
but then fail on the third or fourth attempt.

Can anyone make sense of this and point me in the right direction?  I would
really appreciate it, as I've invested quite a bit of time in this (and it's
not really my responsibility, but we don't have anyone else who would do it).

Thanks in advance
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 05:44:00 -0800, kosakahonmachi
<kosakahonmachi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

Perhaps you could install Office 2003 SP3 and try again.
-Tom.

>I know this proplem has been posted and several solutions have been posted,
>but I cannot get any of them to work, and I'm at wits end.  Someone in the
>company developed a db in Access 2000 that is extremely useful, but after
>years of using, I've thought of a few ways to improve upon it (via Access
>2003).
>
>I was finally able to update the Forms, Macros, and Modules, and get the db
>working as I wanted. However, after I closed the db and re-opened it for its
>final testing, I got the dreaded "Module Not Found" error when I clicked on
>one of the command buttons.
>
>I feel like I have tried all of the solutions posted (rebuild after first
>deselecting Name Autocorrect, Decompling, etc), but I cannot get it to work.
>What is REALLY strange is that it doesn't happen after a Save, only after a
>Close and re-Open.  Also, I've had it work after closing it one or two times,
>but then fail on the third or fourth attempt.
>
>Can anyone make sense of this and point me in the right direction?  I would
>really appreciate it, as I've invested quite a bit of time in this (and it's
>not really my responsibility, but we don't have anyone else who would do it).
>
>Thanks in advance
0
Tom
12/11/2007 2:01:44 PM
I'm sorry I forgot to mention in my original post that I installed Office SP3
as my first attempt to correct the problem (to no avail).  Thanks, though!

"Tom van Stiphout" wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 05:44:00 -0800, kosakahonmachi
> <kosakahonmachi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> Perhaps you could install Office 2003 SP3 and try again.
> -Tom.

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Excel not Access

XCH Error 3092, OAB replication

Using expression builder object
Hi, I'm developing a wizzard in Access which builds import templates for various data sources to a fixed set of tables. In step 3 the users must be able to build an expression ; for instance Left([Fieldx],20) . Now I would like to have a command button on my form which calls the Access expression builder to allow the users to use this to build the expression. This expression will then be stored in a text box linked to the templates table. Anybody know how to call and use this object from VBA code? -- Kind regards Noëlla DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdInvokeBuilder I th...

Crash on 'Send"

Using part of a cell in a chart title

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

How do I use traffic lights in excel