Error number: 3326 04-02-10

I have this odd problem.

When I run this function from within Access everything is fine.

Public Function sendEmail(strTo As String, _
                          strCC As String, _
                          strBCC As String, _
                          strSubject As String, _
                          strMessageBody As String, _
                          strAttachments As String) As Boolean

'Arvin Meyer 03/12/1999
'Updated 7/21/2001
On Error GoTo Error_Handler

Const errUserDeny As Long = 287                  ' Un numéro d'erreur à
trapper

Dim objOutlook As Outlook.Application
Dim objEmail As Outlook.MailItem

Dim TempArray() As String
Dim varArrayItem As Variant
Dim strAttachmentPath As String

Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.application")
Set objEmail = objOutlook.CreateItem(olMailItem)

With objEmail
    .To = strTo
    .Subject = strSubject
    .Body = strMessageBody

    ' Ajoute les Attachments
        If Len(strAttachments) > 0 Then
            TempArray = Split(strAttachments, ";")
            For Each varArrayItem In TempArray
                strAttachmentPath = Trim(varArrayItem)
                If Len(strAttachmentPath) > 0 Then
                    .Attachments.Add strAttachmentPath
                End If
            Next varArrayItem
        Else
            .Attachments.Add ""
        End If
    .Send
    '.ReadReceiptRequested
End With

Exit_Here:
    Set objOutlook = Nothing
    sendEmail = True
    Exit Function

Error_Handler:
    If (Err <> errUserDeny) Then
       MsgBox Err & ": " & Err.description
    End If
    Set objOutlook = Nothing
    sendEmail = False
    'Resume Exit_Here

End Function

At other points in the database I use the function docmd.sendobject ... and
everything is ok.

But when I put the database in a Package using Developper Package Solution
and run the code I get the Error Number: 3326 message.

This happens only when I use the function sendEmail. It is Ok when I run the
docmd.sendobject...

Can someone tell me where I am going wrong ?

Thank you

access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Error 3326 is "This Recordset is not updateable.". Given that Arvin's
function doesn't have a recordset in it, I can't see how it could be
generating that error.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"ericb" <eric@b.com> wrote in message
>I have this odd problem.
>
> When I run this function from within Access everything is fine.
>
> Public Function sendEmail(strTo As String, _
>                          strCC As String, _
>                          strBCC As String, _
>                          strSubject As String, _
>                          strMessageBody As String, _
>                          strAttachments As String) As Boolean
>

> 'Arvin Meyer 03/12/1999
> 'Updated 7/21/2001
> On Error GoTo Error_Handler
>
> Const errUserDeny As Long = 287                  ' Un numéro d'erreur à
> trapper
>
> Dim objOutlook As Outlook.Application
> Dim objEmail As Outlook.MailItem
>
> Dim TempArray() As String
> Dim varArrayItem As Variant
> Dim strAttachmentPath As String
>
> Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.application")
> Set objEmail = objOutlook.CreateItem(olMailItem)
>
> With objEmail
>    .To = strTo
>    .Subject = strSubject
>    .Body = strMessageBody
>
>    ' Ajoute les Attachments
>        If Len(strAttachments) > 0 Then
>            TempArray = Split(strAttachments, ";")
>            For Each varArrayItem In TempArray
>                strAttachmentPath = Trim(varArrayItem)
>                If Len(strAttachmentPath) > 0 Then
>                    .Attachments.Add strAttachmentPath
>                End If
>            Next varArrayItem
>        Else
>            .Attachments.Add ""
>        End If
>    .Send
>    '.ReadReceiptRequested
> End With
>
> Exit_Here:
>    Set objOutlook = Nothing
>    sendEmail = True
>    Exit Function
>
> Error_Handler:
>    If (Err <> errUserDeny) Then
>       MsgBox Err & ": " & Err.description
>    End If
>    Set objOutlook = Nothing
>    sendEmail = False
>    'Resume Exit_Here
>
> End Function
>

> At other points in the database I use the function docmd.sendobject ...
> and
> everything is ok.
>
> But when I put the database in a Package using Developper Package Solution
> and run the code I get the Error Number: 3326 message.
>
> This happens only when I use the function sendEmail. It is Ok when I run
> the
> docmd.sendobject...
>
> Can someone tell me where I am going wrong ?
>
> Thank you

0
Douglas

query 02-20-08
How do I create an an append query that activates the append after 5 days On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 07:51:01 -0800, Gunther Dawson <GuntherDawson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I create an an append query that activates the append after 5 days A Query by itself cannot do this. You can write VBA code to launch the query... but you'll have to explain, five days after what? Do you want to do something today which will cause a query to run on the 25th, to run every five days henceforward, or what? -- John W. Vinson [MVP] I would like the append query to automati...

No page available for eConnect 10.0 SDK downloads in PartnerSource
Hi, I am trying to download the eConnect 10.0 SDK First Version (not the eConnect 10.0 SDK SP2) from the PartnerSource. But seems like I am taken to SP2 page and not to the basic version page. Can anyone send me the path to the eConnect 10.0 SDK Basic Version download page? Thanks in advance. -- Regards, Vaidy ...

Excel Progrom Error

Sharebuilder account import error

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

ERROR

error, chkdsk

4.4.7 error

error 0x800CCC0F

Columns are Numbered rather than lettered?
All of my columns in my worksheets suddenly have come up with numbers rather than the traditional letters. What went wrong and how do I correct this? Hi, Pre xl 2007 versions: Select menu item Tools->Options->General tab and uncheck R1C1 reference style. If using xl2007 then click the microsoft button top left of screen, select Excel Options towards bottom right of dialog box then formulas and it is under Working with formulas. -- Regards, OssieMac "Firman" wrote: > All of my columns in my worksheets suddenly have come up with numbers rather > than the tradit...

Access 2.0 Converter 09-27-04
I have installed the converter for moving from Access 2.0 to Access 2003 running under Windows XP Professional. However Access 2003 still tells me I need to convert the database and does not recognise the converter has been installed, so points me again to the Microsoft Website to obtain the converter. Any suggestions please. Hi Colin, My name is Amy Vargo. Thank you for using the Microsoft Access Newsgroups. Are you sure that you ran the .exe file for the Access 2.0 Converter so that it was installed? To download the Access 2.0 Converter free of charge, visit the following Micro...

delete server...routing master error

Excel error codes translations

Re: Money 2004

Time calculation 01-21-10
Hello, I am working on the employee attendance data entry the time in and out are based on short time format i have created a report sorted by employee ID and by making the sum of total hours per day in order to get how many wrking hours each employee have im getting a wrong calculation Example ID Employee date totalk wrking hours 1 Tia 1/1/2010 16:00 1 Tia 1/1/2010 16:00 1 Tia 1/1/2010 16:00 1 Tia 1/1/2010 16:00 1 ...

Technical error

Problems with small numbers in Query and in XL pivot table
Hi, I have some CSV data that I want to use in a Pivot Table: I'm accessing the data from XL through MS Query using the MS text driver. I have a field named 'Ratio' with significant digits up to the ninth decimal place. Ratio 0.000118019 0.0000012 0.0000014 0.0000028 0.000001488 But, ... in Query and in Excel, everything is showing up as zero. How can I get the correct number to display and calculate in the Pivot Table ? TIA Leon Works by me. No data loss. HTH -- AP "Leon Noel" <LeonNoel@LeonNoel.kz> a �crit dans le message de news:443a2551$0$21291$8fcfb9...

CObject Private method access error

Error in closing Outlook

Typing message error

Receive an error message when you try to perform any editing tasks
Hi We have exch2003 cluster and recently we have some note book with Vista, now when we are accessing mailbox through OWA we are getting error when we want to edit (reply, forward) there is article from MS, we want to know does this article also apply to exch clsuter or it is for member server. The artical is http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=911829 Nagori Not sure what you mean by either exch cluster or member server, but basically you will need to install this patch on your FE and BE exchange servers, including your exch cluster servers. To install exch hotfixes or patches, move...

How to: calculate number of pieces when seperated by a '/' symbol
Hi all, I would like to calculate the number of pieces if it was seperated by a '/' symbol. i.e. 999999/88 equals two pieces i.e. 999999 equals one piece i.e. 999999/88/77 equals three pieces Thank you in advanced. Hi Here's one way: =LEN(A2)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A2,"/",""))+1 -- Andy. "Mas" <mas13@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u1TWo1tVFHA.2424@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I would like to calculate the number of pieces if it was seperated by a > '/' symbol. > > i.e. 999999/88 equals two pieces > ...