Error Importing Excel Spreadsheet into Access

I'm trying to import a general excel spreadsheet into access.  However,
everytime I try to import it, it says there is an error importing the data
and that it can not be imported.  Also, it doesn't give me any indication to
what type of error it is.  I've tried pasting the data into a fresh
spreadsheet and that still didn't reslove the issue.  Does any one have an
idea onto why I would be getting this error message?
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

hi Jason-

It could be some of the values in the title of a column such as # and @.
What kind of data are you importing? Time- Dates- just words?
Are there spaces in front of the data in a field? Is there text in a number
field?
Are there any symbols in text or number fields?

"Jason" wrote:

> I'm trying to import a general excel spreadsheet into access.  However,
> everytime I try to import it, it says there is an error importing the data
> and that it can not be imported.  Also, it doesn't give me any indication to
> what type of error it is.  I've tried pasting the data into a fresh
> spreadsheet and that still didn't reslove the issue.  Does any one have an
> idea onto why I would be getting this error message?

Excel Progrom Error

Sharebuilder account import error

Storing Data in Microsoft Excel
Hi I wonder if anyone out there would help I have excel, and I have some data which I update daily in the spreadsheet, I would like to create a macro, to copy all the data onto another page, and then, so that the next day I enter new set of data and when I press the same button it copies it all to the same page as the other data, but one row underneath (so that it doesn't override it) I know this can be done, but I cant remember how to do it. I did something in VB, active.offset but that's all I can remember if there is anyone that could help that would be brilliant All the be...

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

Exporting and Importing Address Book
Hello, ] My name is Straus Davis. I recently purchased a new computer. I am trying to import my old address book into my new computer in Outlook Express. My old computer used Outlook Express as well. I created a CD, from from the Address Book data from my old computer. I exported the Address Book data from my old computer on a CD. Then I tried to import that data into my new computer. Each time I get an error message, "Windows has encountered an error, and then the program is aborted. What is going on? Can you help me. Thanks Straus Not here. This newsgroup is for support of O...

Problems with Using Query with Analyze it with Microsoft Excel
We have a problem with Access 2003 and EXCEL 2003. I have a QUERY from ACCESS 2003 and hit the following sequence of commands - "TOOLS" "OFFICE LINKS" and "ANALYZE IT WITH MICROSOFT EXCEL". I notice the Excel pops up and I see fields being imported and when it is down the Excel spreadsheet is blank - not even a blank spreadsheet comes up. What am I doing wrong. We need Access 2003 to link to the data in Excel so we can edit and modify it using EXCEL as well as ACCESS. Thanks for your help. JW ...

ERROR

Excel webquery questions
I have about 500 URL's, which I want to use in webqueries. I have two problems. PROBLEM 1 ^^^^^^^^^ Every URL returns a page with tables, and I know which table I need (for every page the same table) As an example, this is one of the URLS's. http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsearch?a=s&cu=&s=wa&ag=&t=res&snf=ras&pm=&tb=&u=FURNISSDALE&px=&cat=&minlandsize=&minbed=4&maxbed=&parking=&p=10&o=p I need the cel, displaying the first offer. This webquery works, and returns: ---------- GREENFIELDSThe Real Mccoy $195,000...

error, chkdsk

Access 2.0 Converter 09-27-04
I have installed the converter for moving from Access 2.0 to Access 2003 running under Windows XP Professional. However Access 2003 still tells me I need to convert the database and does not recognise the converter has been installed, so points me again to the Microsoft Website to obtain the converter. Any suggestions please. Hi Colin, My name is Amy Vargo. Thank you for using the Microsoft Access Newsgroups. Are you sure that you ran the .exe file for the Access 2.0 Converter so that it was installed? To download the Access 2.0 Converter free of charge, visit the following Micro...

4.4.7 error

error 0x800CCC0F

Excel error codes translations

delete server...routing master error

Re: Money 2004

set up different default printer for MS Excel
I have a printer A set up as default for my PC. I want to have a printer B to be default one for ALL NEW Excel files. So task is not to change it manually or via some macro button; the task is to have the printer B ready directly after opening of Excel file. Any suggestions? Stefan, You can change the default printer for all applications with the Windows Control Panel. Start - Control Panel - Printers and Faxes. Right-click the printer you wish to be the default, and choose "Set as Default." To set a default printer for Excel only (different from the Windows default printer...

Excel reference
Does anyone know a good reference for the excel functions/methods in powershell. doing the more advance stuff in excel through powershell. Setting print areas, centering columns etc... Saw your old post. Not sure if this will help google Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.ApplicationClass or $a = New-Object -comobject Excel.Application $a|get-method "Chris" wrote: > Does anyone know a good reference for the excel functions/methods in > powershell. > > doing the more advance stuff in excel through powershell. Setting > print areas, cent...

How to change dafault option of Text Import Wizard?
When importing a data from file, Raw data : TestID 00001770 11:05:49 8275.75 0.726376 TestID 00001771 11:05:53 8293.84 0.72549 TestID 00001772 11:05:58 8291.29 0.724395 TestID 00001773 11:06:03 8283.01 0.735552 TestID 00001774 11:06:07 8264.74 0.717463 TestID 00001775 11:06:12 8241.47 0.697707 TestID 00001776 11:06:17 8270.08 0.696421 TestID 00001777 11:06:22 8300.33 0.709703 TestID 00001778 11:06:26 8335.09 0.76689 TestID 00001779 11:06:30 8335.74 0.762716 TestID 00001780 11:06:36 8313.61 0.760062 But, what I just need is fourth column of each row, such as 8275.75, 8293.84 Then I use the f...

Technical error

CObject Private method access error

How do I format text as a hyperlink in Excel
I want up to 1,00o cells in a single Excel worksheet to display as hyperlinks to general web addresses (mainly home pages). Each cell is a different web address. How do I format the Excel cells to display and act as a hyperlink? The formula to use is =HYPERLINK(actual_address, friendly_address) where actual_address is the full link to the website (or other excel sheets/files), and friendly_address is what is shown in the Excel cell - underlined and coloured blue. If friendly_address is missing, the actual_address is shown. Hope this helps. Pete Pete Thanks for this BUT I already hav...

how do i query Multiple Databases in access?
Help… I need to create an access database that would query Multiple Paradox Databases the Paradox Databases all have the same fields. the purpose of the access database to check all the Paradox Databases for any differences from the master and flag and variance with a indicial Paradox Database. Dan :) Danc383@hotmail.com wrote: > I need to create an access database that would query Multiple Paradox > Databases > > the Paradox Databases all have the same fields. > > the purpose of the access database to check all the Paradox Databases for > any differences f...

Import fixed assets setup windows
Has anyone been able to succesfully import Asset Classes or Asset Account Groups? Also, I still do not understand how the indexing works in fixed assets. Does anyone have any information they can give me about the FAINDEX table or any tables that work with the Fixed assets indexing? Thanks! Juliet, I have succesfully imported both Classes and Account Groups. Fixed Assets uses indexes much like GP uses GL account indexes. Wherever GP refers to an account number it actually stores the account index instead of the actual account number. FA uses an index instead of the ID because the in...