Error importing dates from fixed width txt files

I'm trying to revise an existing Import Spec to include new fields added to a
fixed width text file.  If I import without making any revisions the dates
import correctly.  They are on the file as CCYYMMDD and the data field in the
Spec is Date/Time and I've deselected 4 digit year.  My new date fields were
added to the text file as YYMMDD and I select Date/Time data field for the
new fields.  However, with the revisions made adding the new fields none of
the date fields import now with the revised spec.

Another user created the spec and we're both using Access 2003 with the
database in Access 2000 format.  Any ideas on what could be causing this
error?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Excel Progrom Error

Sharebuilder account import error

I need to widen my screen so I can print a wide file?
How do I do this? I need to print a copy that shows all the script which is too wide. I'm not sure what you are trying to do, but changing to Landscape orientation might help. Assuming that you are using Word 2007, click the Page Layout tab, and then click Orientation in the Page Setup group. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "bingo" <bingo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA925BD1-D8EF-408B-9588-4F5BF7FCD554@microsoft.com... > How do I do this? > I need to print a copy that shows all the script which is too wide. ...

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

Exporting and Importing Address Book
Hello, ] My name is Straus Davis. I recently purchased a new computer. I am trying to import my old address book into my new computer in Outlook Express. My old computer used Outlook Express as well. I created a CD, from from the Address Book data from my old computer. I exported the Address Book data from my old computer on a CD. Then I tried to import that data into my new computer. Each time I get an error message, "Windows has encountered an error, and then the program is aborted. What is going on? Can you help me. Thanks Straus Not here. This newsgroup is for support of O...

Word inserts incorrect date
Here's my problem: When I begin to type the date in a word document, Word completes the date, but it is two days off of the correct date. For instance, today is, November 5, 2005. Yet Word completes the date as November 3, 2005. It only happens in Microsoft Word. I have checked my Mac preferences and the date is correct there. Any ideas? Have you relaunched Word recently? All the Office programs take the date from the OS at startup. So try quitting and restarting. On 11/5/05 11:28 AM, "keelime" wrote: > Here's my problem: When I begin to type the date in a wo...

ERROR

fixed plot areas?
Using line graphs, how can I create plots that have the same plot areas and do not change size when the legends change or differ in size. I need to make 12 identical plots that can be easily aligned and compared visually. They need to differ only in the data plotted within those plot areas. My problem is that the plots change in size with the different legend sizes. You really need VBA to do this. I wrote a little utility to do this, and it's still immature, but you can give it a try: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/chartvba.html#AlignChtDims - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Mic...

Evaluate Receipt Date in receipt
Is there a way to evaluate a receipt date inside of a CONDITION tag? I want to do <= and >= I've tried and it seems like I cant evaluate TransactionDate. (Yes, I am using >= and <=) Thanks.... ...

How to carry over date value from one record to the next.
I have searched this site and the internet in search of an answer to this problem but none of the solutions I've found have seemed to help. I have a form that is used for data entry. The first two text boxes are called Supervisor and W/E Date. These two values will remain the same for several dozen entries. I have tried just using CTRL + ' to repeat the data but that is getting quite time consuming as well. How do I automatically carry over the value to the next record once I input the first data in? Any help on this would be much appreciated. -- Message posted via AccessMo...

error, chkdsk

4.4.7 error

error 0x800CCC0F

delete server...routing master error

Excel error codes translations

Clicked a .prf. file and woosh
Help! I accidentally clicked on a file with a .prf extension (some utility that keeps it preferences stored in such a file). To my surprise this not only started Outlook but also triggered some Outlook installation dialog. When I clicked that away I ended up with a completely new and empty Outlook! At first I was flabberghasted, since ALL my mails, my calendar entries, contacts, etc. EVERYTHING seemed gone! When I just doublechecked I saw, that this thing apparently created a new Outlook1.pst file which seems to be used as the new default. It seems that my old file "Outlook.pst&q...

how to install .oft files (forms) on a Clustered Exchange?
Hi All I have Exchange 2000 cluster active/passive. How does I install Outlook forms (.oft) files on a Clustered Exchange? Thank you, Jack Black ...

How to change dafault option of Text Import Wizard?
When importing a data from file, Raw data : TestID 00001770 11:05:49 8275.75 0.726376 TestID 00001771 11:05:53 8293.84 0.72549 TestID 00001772 11:05:58 8291.29 0.724395 TestID 00001773 11:06:03 8283.01 0.735552 TestID 00001774 11:06:07 8264.74 0.717463 TestID 00001775 11:06:12 8241.47 0.697707 TestID 00001776 11:06:17 8270.08 0.696421 TestID 00001777 11:06:22 8300.33 0.709703 TestID 00001778 11:06:26 8335.09 0.76689 TestID 00001779 11:06:30 8335.74 0.762716 TestID 00001780 11:06:36 8313.61 0.760062 But, what I just need is fourth column of each row, such as 8275.75, 8293.84 Then I use the f...

Default File Renaming
When I save my files as webpages Publisher automatically renames alllllll of my files to Img001 Img002 etc etc and I have to go through the HTML and change ALL the file names so that it pulls the right pictures... my site is huge, this is tedious and annoying... can anyone help??? It is not renaming your image files, it is making copies of them. If you are renaming those copies than your page won't load the images because the file names will be wrong. I recommend you visit my site and review the articles I have for the version you are using. If you require anything further please use ...

About Fixed Asset Management
Might I ask some questions about Fixed Asset Management? 1. While I select the currency ID (not functional currency), an error message is prompted with the following information. The Rate Type ID isns associated with Currency ID "XYZ" Message Number: 30910071 But I can use that XYZ in payable transactions. What should I do if I want to correct this mistake and use the non-funcational currency? 2. I have selected "POST PM to FA". After I post payables transaction using FA accounts in PURCHASE type, I can't find the purchase button appear in Asset General Informat...

Re: Money 2004

Printing out multiple files from a form
I have a table, tDistrictSub, in Access 2003 that contains various pieces of information. The relevant fields in this table for this problem are: DistrictIncidentNum - the pk (always a 9-digit number, then a dash, followed by another 9 digit number) DistrictIncidentID - the 9-digit number in front of the dash from above I also have a table, tAttachments, that has the following fields: AttachmentID - the pk (autogenerated) DistrictIncidentNum - linked to tDistrictSub Attachment - contains the filename of an attachment. I've created a form, fDistrictSub, that lists information for any...

Retirement date on FA
Is there a retirement date field in the Fixed Assets module? Would like to use that field in a report as a criteria. I think there is a retirement date stamp that is like a maintenance date, but I want to know the date that the retirement was effective. Merle, The retirement date on an asset will come from a Retirement Maintenance transaction, under Transactions > Fixed Assets > Retire. That information is not stored in the Asset Master (FA00100), but rather in the Asset Retirement Master table (FA00700). Hope this helps, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Bus...