enter key and it requerys

is there a way when i press the enter Key i can get ti to requery

for example i have a search field, hit enter key and it requerys
0
Simon
4/13/2010 7:12:08 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

you could place a Command Button on the form, and in the properties of
that Button, set the "Default" property to Yes.   The Default button
on a form is what runs when a user presses enter.

Then in the "On Click" event of that button, you put in your code to
requery your listbox or whatever you may have.
0
ghetto_banjo

Why is Actual Work updated when entering time into Work Field?
We're using MS Project 2007 and seeing that sometimes when time is entered into the Work field for a task, that task's Actual Work is updated to the same value entered in the Work field. This happens to multiple resources, but only on some of their tasks and not on others. For example, for the weeks of 1/24 and 1/31, whatever hours I schedule (enter in the "work" cell in the Resource Usage View) for a given task also appears in the "actual" cell. The tasks are setup up differently. Some are Fixed Work, some are Fixed Duration. I believe all have the e...

Help! Install Key Doesn't Work!
I have been happily using Microsoft Money Deluxe (version 17.00.1414) for over a year. I purchased a new computer several months ago and installed Money from the same install file (downloaded from Internet). I ignored the activation notice for weeks because I was too busy to fire up the old computer, but now am trying to activate it and it keeps failing. I used Belarc Advisor to retreive the install key from my old installation, but for some reason this install requires a key with a different format. The old format is xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx, but the new installation requir...

Excel 2003 spreadsheet. I enter the any number and it is entered.
If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 Thank you Mary Mary, Goto Tools>Options and on the Edit tab you should see The Fixed Decimal Places box checked. Uncheck it. -- HTH RP "maryu" <maryu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65C0E0FB-43F3-4F34-8A86-FBA3F02EC9B1@microsoft.com... > If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if > I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 > Thank you > Mary ...

Onkey vs Macro Short cut key
Is there a benefit to using the macro short cut key in macro options vs coding a key combo using Onkey? Thanks Richard -- rgarber50 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rgarber50's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=11350 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=385952 I don't think there is a huge difference but with the macro options approach the shortcut is almost always there. For instance it takes a macro to run to set the Onkeys but not for macro options. And to extend ...

Filter records by date in subform by date entered in mainform.
Hello, I've spent 3 days trying to understand what I'm doing wrong.....Here is the summary of my problem. I have a form named 'frm_EfficiencyStats' and a subform within the form named 'qry_Total hours subform' (the subform is based on a query). The form contains a text box (for date) which is bound to a table 'tbl_EfficiencyStats'. I would like to be able to enter a date in the text box on my form, and display the records in the subform based on the date I entered in the text box. The subform will only pull records from my table based on the date. Here are th...

produt key
i got the cd microsoft office 2003 but when i try it ask me for a 25 digit product key could you pls help me The product key should be with the CD. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" <hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E585FDC-301E-4759-9074-116902486905@microsoft.com... > i got the cd microsoft office 2003 but when i try it ask me for a 25 digit > product key could you pls help me > ...

how to enter simple list and sum
using excel 2002 with an xp sp2 system how would I enter a simple list of positive and negative numbers and then create a cell with the sum of these values? if the list would look like this 0.58 -1.22 1.79 -0.56 -0.92 the output would look something like 0.58 0.58 -1.22 -0.64 1.79 1.15 -0.56 0.59 -0.92 -0.33 John In B1 enter =A1 In B2 enter =B1+A2 Copy down to B5 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 16 May 2007 06:34:13 +0300, "John" <johnj@multipl.es> wrote: >using excel 2002 with an xp sp2 system >how would I enter a simple list of positive and negative...

License/Install key- how to change....
Does anyone know how to change or delete the software key (ID)? I've installed Office with a key that was accidentally installed on another machine, so I have a duplicate, and I can't run both at the same time. I've purchased another license, but can't see how to get rid of the old key.<br> <br> I've tried to uninstall/reinstall, but that does not delete the software ID- does anyone know how to do this? Office 2008, see here: http://www.entourage.mvps.org/version/license_version.html#reset Office 2004, see here: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/office/pid.ht...

Resource Units for Tasks entered in PWA differs than tasks entered in Project 2007
Hello, I have an ePM user asking why if he enters a project task in PWA does it not check the resource max units allocation the same way as when he enters a task in Project Professional. For example: You have a project where resource A is 50% allocated. When you create a task in Project Professional for this resource, the resource allocation is set to 50%. Create a task under the same project in PWA, submit and approve the task. Open project professional and view the task information for the task entered in PWA, why is the resource allocation set to 100% instead of 50% set for th...

Enter formula by code.
Hi All can anyone help. I cant seem to get this to work. I keep getting run time error 1004 application or object defined error. Public Sub TLIdentify() finalrow = Worksheets("INV Bookings").Range("B65536").End(xlUp).Row Worksheets("INV Bookings").Range("AV26:AV" & finalrow).FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(OR(RC[-38]>0,RC[-32]>0,RC[-26]>0,RC[-20]>0,RC[-14]>0,RC[-8]>0,RC[-2]>0),VLOOKUP(RC4,'Team Summary'!R4C3:R16C4,2,0),"")" End Sub -- Regards and Thanks for any assistance. Francis Brown...

How do you return to record you were working on after requery?
I saw Linq Adams reply to Efandango's question regarding moving to a null field after a requery. I tried the code provided in the answer but it didn't work. My unique id field is numeric. I am not sure if that is why it didn't work. What I am trying to do is go to the form I was working on after a requery. I have seen a variety of code that does it, but I can't get it to work. I think my problem might be with my unique field. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I have been struggling with this for a while, but working on nothing but this for the last two days. ...

Entering a dollar amount w/out having to enter the decimal
What is the formula to have Excel automatically enter the decimal so all I have to enter is the numbers? It's one of the options you can specify. In Excel 2007, it's: Excel Options...>Advanced>Automatically insert a decimal point Regards, Fred "Julieanne" <Julieanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AABE398-3B77-4ACD-8938-05ED7F5CC58E@microsoft.com... > What is the formula to have Excel automatically enter the decimal so all I > have to enter is the numbers? ...

How do I stop dates from being entered everytime I enter a number
Everytime I enter data in a box (ex: ages 5-9) I then press enter to go to the next cell and it automatically puts in may 9 . I have tried putting in general in formatting cells and it still does it. can someone help before I shoot this pc out the window? I am making a population pyramid with males and females and their ages. Thanks, Kicking and Screaming You can precede your entry with a single quote... '5-9 ....or format your cells as 'Text'. Hope this helps! In article <64AE5219-035D-46E3-9488-5D01F6B012FA@microsoft.com>, Kicking and Screaming <Kicking and...

entering time #2
hello all.. wondering if there is any way to do this... I have a column formatted for time as in this format 12:00 when entering a time it is cumbersome to have to enter the hour, then a colon, then the minutes. Is it possilbe to simply enter a 4 digit number such as 1245 and have it show up as 12:45 ?? thanks so much... I've found this group to be irreplaceable... glen in orlando Enter your times without colons in column A and put this formula in column B =(A1-RIGHT(A1,2))/2400+RIGHT(A1,2)/(24*60) and format column B for "Time" in the form you want it. Tod "Glen i...

Entering data
Please help me enter data into cells that seem to be locked. In article <15a201c43e09$dbea4e10$3501280a@phx.gbl>, "Alicia Contreras" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Please help me enter data into cells that seem to be > locked. Hi Alicia, try: Tools > Protect > Unprotect Hope this helps! ...

"Enter Network Password"
Hi All Please help. I upgraded my OS to XP pro and outlook 2000. When ever log in to outlook it continually asks for a password. I enter it, clic "remember this password" and click ok. the box dissapears and come straight back asking for the password I just entered! I've tried everything to stop it including recommendations from th microsoft site: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;259416 Nothing seems to work. I've gone back to oulook express, tried outloo xp and none of this works. Anyone got any ideas? Cheer ----------------------------------...

Enter Billing notes for Project Timesheets in Business Portal
In Business Portal, it seems that you can only enter notes at the timesheet header level. In Great Plains, you can enter notes on each timesheet line. How can I enter billing notes for each timesheet line in Business Portal. Here are the instructions: To add a billing note for hours that you worked on a specific day highlight or click in the appropriate cell and then click Add billing note. -- Charles Allen, MVP "KT" wrote: > In Business Portal, it seems that you can only enter notes at the timesheet > header level. In Great Plains, you can enter notes on each timesh...

enter key and it requerys
is there a way when i press the enter Key i can get ti to requery for example i have a search field, hit enter key and it requerys you could place a Command Button on the form, and in the properties of that Button, set the "Default" property to Yes. The Default button on a form is what runs when a user presses enter. Then in the "On Click" event of that button, you put in your code to requery your listbox or whatever you may have. ...

enter
Would like the enter key to go down one line & home. Is there something I am missing in options. T"IA -- _______________________________ In Christ's matchless name ted & colleen n6trf kc6rue "ted" <n6trf@arrl.net> wrote in message news:%23Vo86xq6HHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Would like the enter key to go down one line & home. Is there something I > am missing in options. T"IA > If you use the TAB key to go across the columns, when you get to the end and hit Enter, the cursor will do that. ted wrote: > Would...

customizing keys
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel How do I customize a key, i.e. can I assign to a certain key (eg. one of the function keys) the task to type a specific letter (font, size, bold or not) so that I can insert that specific letter in a document while I am working, without changing the font, type the letter, changing the font back etc. You need to look three topics up in the Word Help: "Have Word complete your typing" "Customize your applications by using accessibility features" "Customize toolbars and menus"...

Form just opened doesn't see data entered in previous form
I have one form displaying data from an organizations table (name and address of organizations) with a subform displaying data from a contacts table (name, address, organization phone, etc.). The second form displays data from the contacts table with a subform displaying data from the organizations table. When I enter an organization in the first form and a contact in the subform of this first form then open the second form (with a button on this form), the data entered in the first form is not available. The data is present in the underlying tables but a search in the organizations ...

Excel keeps wrapping cells with text incl. alt/enter
I have a cell with multiple lines (alt/enter line breaks) in a standard row where word wrapping is disabled. So I see only the first line and that's how I want it. Now, when I edit this cell the word wrapping gets automatically enabled (checked box) and row height gets adjusted to fit the text. It seems alt/enter breaks auto enable the wrapping, but what I need visible is a clean one line row no matter what text I put in. Any solution/workaround? I'm on excel2000. thanks -- Peter -- higgs ------------------------------------------------------------------------ higgs's Profil...

entering null values
I am trying to do a conditional statement, and I can't quite get it right. This is my formula: =IF(G8>8, G8-8, null) I don't know how to leave the cell blank if the condition is false. With the present formula I just get the "#NAME error. Mike Try: =IF(G8>8, G8-8,"") -- Rgds Max xl 97 ---------------------------------------------------- Use xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com for email ----------------------------------------------------- "news.microsoft.com" <*> wrote in message news:#k6txvn5DHA.1504@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I am t...

what's that one-stroke key for saving emails for later reviewing?
Hi all, In outlook 2003, often times when I receive an email, I don't know what to reply yet; need to save the emails into a separate folder and revisit them and reply them later... is there a one-stroke key to do that? I just want to do it fast... and now the situation is that many times I have to search previous folder to find an email to reply ... Hi cfman, you could create a new folder (sub folder in the "Inbox") "Answer later". "File/New Folder", name this "Answer later". After you received an email that you want to answer later, yo...

Macro to select cells in column enter data then press enter
I need to create a macro and assign it a macro button at the top of the worksheet (with the text Enter Hours) . This macro needs to select the cells in Colum E (called Hours) enabling me to enter hours in, pressing Enter after each figure. Can someone help me with a formula and how to record this macro? Thanks in advance. Excel has no way of knowing when to press ENTER while you are typing in a cell. It does not know what is in the cell until you leave the cell. Use your finger to hit the ENTER or downarrow key when you want to leave the cell. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 19 F...