English keyboard

Hi All,

How can I switch the keyboard to English (or to any other) from Access  ?

Thanks in advance
Imre

access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

toggle between english and spanish dictionaries
i'm using office outlook 2003 (spanish version) on windows XP professional (spanish version). is there a simple way to toggle between english and spanish dictionaries on the spell checker? i can see that via tools>options>seplling i can alternate, but that's a bit clumsy and slow. (i'm wondering if i can creat a macro then add the macro to the outlook toolbar.) thanks all. ...

French Banks List in Money in English
Hello, I have installed Microsoft Money 2004 English and I have only American Banks. How Connect to a French Bank ??? Thanks in advance for your help. Best Regards, SqUaB I didn't know they had computers in France.... "SqUaB" <fdu_pub@noos.fr> wrote in message news:cf7101c43992$13fad2b0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I have installed Microsoft Money 2004 English and I have > only American Banks. How Connect to a French Bank ??? > > Thanks in advance for your help. > > Best Regards, > > SqUaB ...

Wireless Keyboards and mice
They have one common problem -- Batteries needed! Some use batteries up fairly quickly! Other than that, 2.4ghz versions may have conflicts with other devices, including cellphones. Chuck wrote: > They have one common problem -- Batteries needed! > Some use batteries up fairly quickly! > Other than that, 2.4ghz versions may have conflicts with other > devices, including cellphones. Welcome to Earth. We hope you find your stay here pleasant. Any reason you felt the need to spew your discoveries here? ;-) -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Question...

ENGLISH
WHAT IS COMMUNITY ...

Keyboard shortcut too slow
Hi, In Excel 2007, while using key board shrtcut to perform an action (especially Alt,A,T) for filter it is too slow while if you press directly the ribbon button it functions fast?!! Any one know why this behaviour? Thanks abdul ...

My spell checker is only available in French. How do I get English
I went into my options in email to check my settings because my spell checker was asking for every word. I found out that it is set to french. When I pulled down the menu there was nowhere to select English. Is ther a download available? Is there a reason why this happened. Did you install the English proofing tools when installing your version of Office? In the Office menu in the Start Menu, there is also an Office Tools section with a link to the Language settings for Office. You can use that to set your default languages and see which languages are installed. -- Robe...

Using english and non-English Excel commands simultaneously in a non-English installation
Hi community, I like this forum very much - I got many valuable insights from it. In the past I had an English Excel installation at the office available, recently my employer moved to the German version and deinstalled the english one. Now, when i use a english command like =VLOOKUP(A1,'Sheet 2'! A1:H200,8,FALSE) adopting the country settings for "," with ";" Excel comes up with #NAME? since I used the english term, not the german one - but sometimes the german equivalent is not at hand as fast as needed ;-) However if a open a english coined workbook o...

Keyboard shortcut for assign categories dialog
Just upgraded from a G5/Panther/Office 2004 to an Intel MacPro/Leopard/Office 2008. In '04, when I invoked the Assign Categories dialog [⌘-;], I could type the first few characters of the category name, then hit the right or left arrow to check and uncheck boxes. In '08, the arrows no longer work to check/uncheck. Is there a new key for this funtion? I tried experimenting, but couldn't discover one, and "Help" reveals nothing. -- Kristen P.S. I've read Diane Ross's post on using scripts to assign categories, but I have 82 categories (really -- I ...

Using english and non-English Excel commands simultaneously in a non-English installation
Hi community, I like this forum very much - I got many valuable insights from it. In the past I had an English Excel installation at the office available, recently my employer moved to the German version and deinstalled the english one. Now, when i use a english command like =VLOOKUP(A1,'Sheet 2'! A1:H200,8,FALSE) adopting the country settings for "," with ";" Excel comes up with #NAME? since I used the english term, not the german one - but sometimes the german equivalent is not at hand as fast as needed ;-) However if a open a english coined workbook of a US/UK c...

An offtopic question about business english.
What is the proper/formal words used for debt-credit? I am using these for column names in the "accountancy table" of the firm. (plus what do we call this "accountancy table" of a firm which keeps record of "money actions" (here is another improper translation maybe:) Sorry for irrelavency of the thread. Perhaps you should find a Business 100 text. Debit : money going out Credit : money coming in Asset : can be money owed to you (a customer's unpaid bill) Liability : money you owe to someone else (unpaid debt) The movement of cash in and out is often call...

Operating fill handle and moving entire cells with keyboard
Is there any way of operating the fill handle or moving entire cells/range of cells with the keyboard rather than using the mouse (drag and drop). Thanks, Tom. Tom Copy or Cut Select range Select top left corner of range. Hold Shift & press End, Arrow down or right. Copy:= Ctrl + C Cut:= Ctl + X Paste Ctl + V To Fill Down or Right Ctrl + D or ctrl + r Use Excel Help and search for keyboard shortcuts for a complete List. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >Is there any way of operating the fill handle or moving >entire cells/range of cells with the keyboard rathe...

I want English language!
I'm living in Italy and I purchased my new Office 2004 and of course it is in Italian. I have all the system in English and I would like to have all Office 2004 in English. Does anybody knows how to do it? Thanks in advance, Ken > I'm living in Italy and I purchased my new Office 2004 > and of course it is in Italian. I have all the system > in English and I would like to have all Office 2004 in > English. > Does anybody knows how to do it? Office apps aren't "packaged" multilanguage apps, with the usual "English.lproj", "Italian.lproj&q...

how to Converts a number to english text and adds a suffix of "do.
how to Converts a number to english text and adds a suffix of "dollar"? ...

OT: USB keyboards and startup menus
I just got my first USB keyboard, a Verbatim Speaker Keyboard (very pleased with its performance) and I can't boot into safe mode with it. I'm wondering if this is normal for USB keyboards or peculier to this one. When I boot the machine (XP), the Numlock comes on (good) and if pressing F8 brings up the menu (also good). But I can't scroll the menu. The arrow buttons have no effect at all. Once it times out, Windows starts normally. No software with it and the directions are in total, "Plug keyboard into USB Port". "George Emond"...

MS Keyboard 1.0A
I have just obtained a Microsoft MultiMedia keyboard 1.0A KB 0186. The Function keys do not work the same as my previous keyboard, this is regardless of whether the F Lock button is on or off. I use Dos a fair bit . On my old keyboard if at the dos prompt if a typing error was made, the erroneous text could be retrieved by pressing F3. IE. Original error entry, C:\Qbasic> Qbasic /run cory.bis Press F3 and this entry, C:\Qbasic> Qbasic /run cory.bis is returned so that bis can be changed to bas. I want to know where I could get information on my new keyboard, especially the F keys. ...

english
Okay................. "penny" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CB2736E7-B19C-4D15-87B9-0BA8705D21FE@microsoft.com... > It should Englise as in Blitisher -- A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from ���MS�Publisher��� <donotknock@nobodyhome.com>!"... > It should Englise as in Blitisher English, as in pertaining to England, has always been spelled with an h, not an e at the end, at least in modern times. Would you like to provide some documentation that suggests that British English should be spe...

Spanish appearing in setting for English
Running Office Small Business 2007 on Windows 7. The Calendar has Spanish day names with my system default language set for English. (EN shows in the taskbar system wide, including Outlook.) How do I get English day names in the Calendar and eliminate Spanish elsewhere when EN is showing on the taskbar? ...

Keyboard Shortcut
There seems to be a keyboard shortcut for almost everything in Excel. Is there some key combination that can be used for Autofill instead of using AutoFill with the mouse? Many thanks -- Kind regards Ann Shaw hi, Annie ! > There seems to be a keyboard shortcut for almost everything in Excel. > Is there some key combination that can be used for Autofill instead of using AutoFill with the mouse? I guess there is no such built-in short-cut but... you can create a macro and assign a convenient keyboard combination ? macro execution shall be after select your fill-r...

Onscreen keyboard, how to invoke?
I'm using VC++ 6 pro. XP offers a nice onscreen keyboard, osk.exe. I would like to launch and exit this from within my program. Is this possible, and how? Thanks, Harald ShellExecute osk.exe to launch it. PostMessage a WM_CLOSE to its main window to close it. -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "Harald" <Haraldnospamcollonia@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:fKpcf.6792$m81.5084@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net... > I'm using VC++ 6 pro. XP offers a nice onscreen keyboard, osk.exe. I would > like to launch and exit this from within my program. Is this possibl...

changed setting to Aus English. it always goes to English Us why?
How do i get Word xp to keep Aus English on it? I have changed the default and dictionary settings to Aus English. But the spell always checks in English Us. This group is about Microsoft Access (the desktop database.) People in the Word group could probably help you better. Suggestions: 1. Go to Regional Settings in the Windows Control Panel. Make sure your default location is Australia. 2. In Word, select all (Ctrl + A), and choose Set Language on the Review tab of the ribbon (Word 2007), or the Tools menu in previous versions. 3. In the Language dialog, choose "English (Austra...

Translate any english number into English word
I am a beginner. it may be a silly question. In excel, suppose in one cell a number is appearing as 9. I want to write in another cell as "Nine". How it will be possible? SANTANU Hi, See here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213360 'How to convert a numeric value into English words in Excel' "SANTANU" wrote: > I am a beginner. it may be a silly question. > > In excel, suppose in one cell a number is appearing as 9. I want to write in > another cell as "Nine". > > How i...

How do I unlock my keyboard on Word?
Anytime I try to type on Word, a little text appears at the bottom that says: "This modification is not allowed because the selection is locked." I have no idea what's wrong. Help! Either: it is a trial version that has expired Or the application has not been activated Regards, -- Brian McCaffery "j1234" wrote: > Anytime I try to type on Word, a little text appears at the bottom that says: > "This modification is not allowed because the selection is locked." I have no > idea what's wrong. Help! ...

does US English MS CRM work with International English Office?
Is there any one who has this combination up and running? does it work ok? Microsoft says you must have the same language for Office and MS CRM they also say US English is a different language as International English thanks in advance for your reply Leo (Leor@dbs.nl) Dear Leo, Using the same language for Office is not compulsory. If you are using International English crm, you still can use Dutch Office xp. Importing customizations by using the deployment manager, which comes from another language crm system, will demolish your system. After the import, all your label fields will be g...

Capturing Keyboard Input #3
I need to capture keyboard input when the input focus has been set to a CComboBox control. What is the best approach to doing this? Thanks! ...

Spell check in English and Spanish
Dear readers: I did not receive any response from a previous post, so I'm repeating it. Is there a way to spell check in Outlook in English and Spanish simultaneously with a feature like detect language automatically available in word. I find it annoying to have to change the default language every time I write mail in Spanish. Arturo ...