Easy Question, Please Help ASAP :/

Hi-
I juSt learned Access and I'm having trouble with operators.

I need to run a query using specific date ranges. EX: 7/1/2005 - 8/20/2007.

For my next column I need:

I also need to run a query using containing all the data that has the words
"Pass" and "In Progress".

Can someone please assist me with the correct formula? I need this within
the next 15 mins. Thanks soo much.

access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

15 mins?
try a chat room or phone support which this isnt

Try Query wizard

"tt_Gyrl" <ttGyrl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi-
> I juSt learned Access and I'm having trouble with operators.
>
> I need to run a query using specific date ranges. EX: 7/1/2005 -
> 8/20/2007.
>
> For my next column I need:
>
> I also need to run a query using containing all the data that has the
> words
> "Pass" and "In Progress".
>
> Can someone please assist me with the correct formula? I need this within
> the next 15 mins. Thanks soo much.

0
DL
8/20/2007 9:58:46 PM
On Aug 20, 4:18 pm, tt_Gyrl <ttG...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi-
> I juSt learned Access and I'm having trouble with operators.
>
> I need to run a query using specific date ranges. EX: 7/1/2005 - 8/20/2007.
>
> For my next column I need:
>
> I also need to run a query using containing all the data that has the words
> "Pass" and "In Progress".
>
> Can someone please assist me with the correct formula? I need this within
> the next 15 mins. Thanks soo much.

Sorry I couldn't help you in the time you wanted.
The next time you need to do this, here's what you do

Open the query in design view
In the Criteria row in the field that has your dates, enter this:
Between[Enter First Date] and [Enter Second Date]
Save the query.
Now, when you run the query, you'll get a dialog box that says Enter
First Date. Be sure to enter it in the same format as the field.
Click Ok and you'll get another dialog box that says Enter Second
Date.
When you enter the two dates, you'll see the records between the two
dates.

You can use the same method for your second part of the question.

What I would do is to enter those words in the criteria portion of the
fields. Save the query and every time you run it, it will look for
those specific words.

To use And in the criteria row, you can enter it in one row as Pass
and In Progress

Hope this helps

CEJJ

0
cjonesjr

Help with % by volume formula
If my recommended sealant % by volume is 17.5%? (C3) will not change If my actual sealant % by volume is 0% (B3) but will change My tank size is 1432 liters ('Tank Sizes'!$F$6) will not change Increase sealant % by volume (D3) Liters added (F3) Thanks in advance!!! Suppose your initial volume with 0% sealant is Vo You want to add a volume of sealant, Vs, such that Vs is 17.5% of the total volume after adding the sealant, i.e Vs is 17.5% of (Vo + Vs) i.e Vs/(Vo +Vs) = 0.175, or Vs = (0.175/0.825)Vo = 0.2121Vo. So if Vo = 1432 litres, Vs=302.7575 litres. Is that what you want? &qu...

Excel question #11
How do I lock a row of cells so that anything I type in them will be in upper case? ...

SendMessage Question/Problem
I have a dialog box with a toolbar subclassed in it that has a combo box. I have embedded the toolbar in a static control on the dialog box. When an item in the combo box is selected, I am getting the OnSelChange message being triggered in the subclassed tool bar class. I then get the item that was selected and call GetOwner()->SendMessage(WM_NOTIFY......) In the dialog box I have a ON_NOTIFY message command for the IDR_TOOLBAR. when I debug the OnSelChange method in the subclassed toolbar class, I can see it setting up the call, but when I place my cursor and do run to cursor in the O...

easy OnLButtonDblClk() question
Hi, I've created a MFC application. It has the standard window where information is displayed. I have recently copied some code from another applcation someone made for me, so that I have a dockable window that attaches to the main document. The code for this class it as follows: class CMarkerZoom : public CWnd { // Construction public: CMarkerZoom(); // Overrides // ClassWizard generated virtual function overrides file://{{AFX_VIRTUAL(CMarkerZoom) file://}}AFX_VIRTUAL // Implementation public: virtual ~CMarkerZoom(); // Generated message map functions protected: file://{{AFX_...

Outlook 2003 Attachments Question
Good Morning, I'm having a problem in Outlook 2003. When I have the reading pane open I am able to double click on an attachment and it opens normally. If I double click on the email and have it open, THEN try to open the attachment it tells me it cannot find the program associated with this attachment. Another problem is this: If I am in Word and go to File-Send to-EMail recipient as Attachment. It cannot find Outlook to send the message. However I am able to open Outlook and attach the file to a new email and send it. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thank you! ~Michael ...

WEEKNUM() Question
The results of WEEKNUM() don't correspond with the calendaring system I want. My first question is simple: How does the WEEKNUM() algorithm work? If I can figure out what it's based on, I can probably match it to the calendar I'm using. It looks like it's anywhere from 1 day off to 2 days off from my calendar, depending on when my week decides to start. The calendar I have starts on Mondays and assigns WEEK-1 to the first week of January with at least 4 days in it. So if WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR,1,1),2) is 5 (Friday) or greater, then the week doesn't start until WEEKDAY() y...

How do I keep the help window on top and work on my worksheet
When working on a sheet in excel, I open the help window and wish to read it whilst making a suitable entry on the page. The help window closes as soon as it loses focus. In earlier versions this did not happen. Is there a fix for it? If you are using Excel 2003, the top left corner of the help-presented window has a Tile/Untile option. Not really pretty but does enable you to read the help whilst working on the sheet. Howard Walker 635 Wrote: > When working on a sheet in excel, I open the help window and wish to > read it > whilst making a suitable entry on the page. The hel...

Quick Question #3
I have a workbook that is basically made up of 2 worksheets, a importing data sheet and a chart. Everything works great, timely refreshes and its rather simple. The problem I have is this: The chart is basically a seating chart and does not change at all(static). The 2nd worksheet continuosly updates the chart and will sometimes add new values(dynamic). Well, my formulas that I have for each cell points to the dynamic sheet and the values will change on occasion, unpredictablely. How can I write the formulas pointing to certain values in the data sheet(dynamic) and lock the cells. Then any ne...

Filter Question 05-20-07
I have a List Box from a query on my form that has a field ClientID and 2 other fields and on my form I have one ClientID, How can I filter the list box to only show the two other fields with the same ClientID in the list Box, Thanks for any Help ...

help with charting please
Hello, I am trying to develop a complex chart & need help and advice please. I have 4 data series that I want to plot on the Y axis. The X axis is the same for all 4 series. The first 2 series have values between �0 and �6, and I want to plot them as vertical bars against the left-hand (primary) Y axis. The 3rd & 4th series have values between -10.0 and +25.0, and I want to plot them as a line chart against the right-hand (secondary) Y axis. Can I do all this on one chart, and if so how do I go about it ? Thanks KK PS I have Excel 2007 KRK:- Question ...

Error: 643- KB976098- need help please!
First of all, I have Vista Ultimate 32bit service pack 2. I have been stumped the last several days trying to fix this problem. I have searched various threads and have tried using .Net Cleanup Utility ( reinstall all NET frameworks) but to no avail. If keeps saying the cleanup failed. This is happening to all .net frameworks. Here are the folders in *%systemroot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework*: V1.0.3705[/B]: ONLY 4 OBJECTS IN THAT FOLDER *V1.1.4322*: ONLY 2 OBJECTS \" \" *V2.0.50727*: LOOKS TO BE COMPLETE *V3.0*: 3 FOLDERS- MIGHT BE COMPLETE *V3.5*: ...

Calendar easy to move from computer to computer?
Is there a way besides a Palm pilot to transfer all contacts, and calendar info from work to the home computer as a daily task? The problem is my palm pilot does not carry over certain fields in contacts that transfer from work to home. Is there a web based outlook? In Calendar, the color labeling does not transfer either. Looking for an easy way to have both computers updated in the same way. Thanks! .. ...

CFileDialog question
I am using CFileDialog and using this is it possible to capture right click? For my requirement I do not want to process right click. Please let me know if there is a way to do this... Thanks Suchrithaa ...

Send & Receive no longer works... HELP!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I see someone else asked the same question awhile but no replies. I also had to do a database rebuild and now my email won't check every x minutes (I looked through the preferences and can't see how to reactivate that) and Send &amp; Receive All is grayed out, so I have to manually select each one. <br><br>Diane Ross is my Entourage goddess and I see she is still at it. I imagine you looking like Diana Ross helping people with all their email probs in between songs. &...

rca easy rip
i have installed rca easy rip on my windows xp media center computor. i wanted to remove it, but when i go to remove all programs and try to remoe, it will not remove. any suggestions on how to get this program removed? You would probably find more help and knowledge at the support site for that application, but you might try reinstalling and then uninstalling. The RCA support site mentioned the need to have the RCA player connected to the computer when installing, perhaps it needs to be connected at uninstall. http://voxrightnow.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1773/kw/uni...

SQL question
hello gurus I have a Cross Tab query that works fine. The SQL for this query ends with... PIVOT tblData.Region I've noticed that the column headings in my query result always show the Regions in alpha order (eg: East, MidWest, North1, North2, SouthEast). I've also noticed that I can 'force' the column order by using something like... PIVOT tblData.Region IN(North1, North2, MidWest, SouthEast, East) But, this later method presupposes that I know all of the Regions in advance. If a new Region is added, it won't be in the 'IN' function. ...

Formula help...
I need help in devising a formula that will subtract 100 hours from a specific date and time. For example, if I entered a date and time (1/20/04 @ 1140) I would like the formula to subtract the 100 hours and give me that date and time (1/16/04 @ 0740). Is that possible? If you enter your date and time as a real date and real time: 01/20/2004 11:40:00 You can just subtract the 100 hours (100/24 represents 100 hour) =a1-(100/24) and format as mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss (or your favorite date/time format) 1 = 1 day = 24 hours. So 100/24 is really 4.167 days (or 100 hours). BB wrote: > &...

Question on CreateProcess / WinExec...
I'm using a call to WinExec, but in trying to get my code to compile under unicode, this call is not supported. I'm looking at CreateProcess and it looks like it requires you to close some handles or you'll leak. But WinExec works in an async way, how can I make CreateProcess work in an async way and not leak those handles? No problem. Just do a CloseHandle(proc.hProcess); after your call to CreateProcess( ... ). Your launched program keeps running. -- --------------------------------------------------------------------- DataGet� & PocketLog� www.dataget.com Data Co...

Access Ghost
Hi all, I have an access 97 database that I'm still using by running it with the runtime version created using ODE Tools. I have had to upgrade my machines to Windows XP and since then when I quit the database in the runtime version it does not quit the appilcation but leaves a"ghost" session of access open that are unuasble and that you cannot end except by force quitting it in the task manager. How do I fix this. Please help!!! Thanks. ...

a question about uml
Hello All,I have a question about UML Design. I have a System,it include module-A module-B and module-C. The A,B,C use socket to contact. I want to design module-B(the A had finished),also want to design modele-C's socket to B. How to design modele-B,is Modele-A is the "Actor" or "object" in User case and sequence. who can give me some advice or some docs.thanks. "lxg" <lixngang@163.com> wrote in message news:uHgHBWgvDHA.3224@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello All,I have a question about UML Design. > I have a System,it include module-A module-B a...

Need help with AJAX History Woes
AJAX History Points and General Browser Functionality I am attempting to retrofit a web application that had a rudimentary, yet mostly effective navigation infrastructure that, when properly utilized, allowed navigating forward and backward through AJAX states and other pages through the use of additional <asp:Button> objects labeled "Back" to perform special code for restoring previous states. There was an elaborate stack push and pop algorithm for this. The effect was very similar to what is described in Diagram 1 (AStatex refers to an AJAX related state of the pag...

Calendar View
All, My sales team currently uses exchange - and would like to become more in tune with each other's availability and what not. Currently, the only way to view another's calendar is to go throught the steps of creating an appointment, selecting members, then viewing which times are available. Is there an add in that will allow you to view calendars without going through the steps above? A quick view sort of thing? Thanks in advance! Chris I have seen something u can do with sharepoint. where you create a sharepoint site. put you vacation time in that. then, in outlook you c...

array question
I have a simple formula = {if(dummy=False,0,dummy_range)}. This formula is copied in cell A2:C4. Dummy_range = f2:H4. F2:H4 has numeric data from external workbook. I can't get the formula to work. When I copy the formula in Cells A2:c4 all I get is "1". ?? Example data F G H 1 3 5 3 2 2 4 1 1 >= {if(dummy=False,0,dummy_range)} Is there a difference between "dummy" and "dummy_range"? This (array) formula works just fine: =IF(dummy_range=FALSE,0,dummy_range) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Mo...

Setup Question
I'm new to CRM so any help is welcomed. I installed CRM 3.0 on my Small Business Server. The installation appeared to go OK. I can run CRM through my web browser on the server and on my local PC. On my remote PC (XP Pro) I installed the full client. When I open Outlook on this PC CRM complains that it can't find the CRM server. I checked the registry and the Http:// address is correct (http//:sbs.thclegg.com). I added the :5555 to this and still nothing. The next two problems I have are: 1) When I try to open any thing that uses the calendar function in the browser, I get...

Help setting up OE mail
I'm trying to help a friend setup their small home office in which they have a PC with Windows XP home and a laptop with Windows 2000. The laptop is connected to the PC through a router and network cables. The PC connects to the internet via Dial-Up. They only want one location for the e-mail message that both the PC and laptop can access so that there is no problem with synchronizing e-mail's between the PC and laptop. Is there a way to do this? tx LBJGH --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.737 / Viru...