Divide Dates into Weeks and Months

Hi All,

I have a table that has 3 fields:

OT_DATE
WEEK
MONTH

The purpose of this table is to calculate overtime worked per employee
per week.  I join to the table to an attendance table on the date and
then use this tbale to group by week (so that I can caluclate the hrs
over 40 for each employee).  Is there any way to do this other than
manually adding dates to this table.  It is no big deal, but I didnt
know how other people did this.

1
Matt
5/24/2007 2:07:50 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Automatic divided by 100000
Hi all, On a new worksheet, when I type in a number in the cell, right after I hit "Enter", it automatic divide the number by 100,000, why this happened? Please help. Thanks. Gian Tools>options>edit and uncheck fixed decimal places Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Gian" wrote: > Hi all, > > On a new worksheet, when I type in a number in the cell, right after I hit > "Enter", it automatic divide the number by 100,000, why this happened? > Please help. > > Thanks. > > Gian Thanks. "Peo Sjoblom" wrote: > Tools>...

Stop Automatic Date Conversion
I have a CSV file that contains a field listing a school's grade span (e.g., 9 - 12). When I open this CSV file in Excel it converts these to dates. How do I stop this behavior? Changing the format of the cells is no help as the data is lost on conversion. Thanks. Change the filename to *.txt Then when you open it, you'll see excel's text import wizard. You'll be able to choose each field's format (text for those 9-12 columns). Jerry Baker wrote: > > I have a CSV file that contains a field listing a school's grade span > (e.g., 9 - 12). When I open t...

export the dates of emails in outbox
Hello, Do anyone know of any way to export the dates of several email in a sent-mail outbox? I need to generate some statistics for how many emails I have answered in and I need to know how many I did each week. Is there some way to export just a list of emails by subject and date? I don't need an entire email. Sincerely, Christopher Jon Jursa ...

sheet with expiration dates
I need to set up a sheet that will show how many day's i have left before a contract will expire. One way: A1: <expiration date> A2: =TODAY()-A1 Format A2 as General. In article <A091A457-3A0A-4072-BD7E-9801D3921302@microsoft.com>, "expiration dates" <expiration dates@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to set up a sheet that will show how many day's i have left before a > contract will expire. ...

expired date
In Acess 2003 or 2007, is there a reasonably easy way to automatically send an e-mail or other alarm/message to come up when a date has expired on records pertaining to a form, perhaps on opening the form in question ? Any ideas gratefully received. David Hi, you can use docmd.sendobject, look at online help on this method for more info -- Best regards, ___________ Alex Dybenko (MVP) http://accessblog.net http://www.PointLtd.com "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0D65CB9-2625-4B8D-98ED-CDBC421CA046@microsoft.com... &...

Service Appointment, Activity History, and "Due Date"
When I create a service appointment in CRM, and I check the "All Day Event" check box, the schedule start and end times disappear, and the dates sync. This seems logical. However, when I look in the activity tab or the history tab the "Due Date" displays the next day. For example, I create a service appointment where the scheduled start date is 2/10/2007, and I select the "All Day Event" checkbox. The scheduled end date is set to 2/10/2007, the duration is set to 1 day, and the time fields disappear. If I view this service appointment in the activities ...

getting notification for system date change
Hi All, can any body please tell me how i can get system date change notification. rgds, Ritu There may be a better way but it looks like you can do it using WMI: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wmisdk/wmi/ creating_a_timer_event_with_win32_localtime_or_win32_utctime.asp -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Ritu" <rituc@momentum-tech.com> wrote in message news:e6uHuZdAFHA.904@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > can any body please tell me how i can get system date change notification. > > rgds, > Ritu >...

Pivot
Hi, I have a pivot with Sales information. The data has multiple columns by various product category. I have added a count column next to each product column representing the dollar amount. Is there a way in Pivot to get a calculated field of Total amount / Count for each product to arrive at Average value per deal. Excel does not allow me to use Calculated Item to get the average number. Any suggestion is welcome. Regards Sandip. If you are unable to create the formula in the pivot table, have yo considered placing it in a row next to the table? Just a thought... -- SHMUNC ---------...

date range conversion
Hello, I need to convert dates ranging from 1999 through 2004 to 2005 dates. Can this be done????? thanks..... Example, A1 B2 01/05/1999 01/05/2005 03/18/2003 03/18/2005 09/01/2002 09/01/2005 =date(2005,month(a1),day(a1)) will work for almost every date--except for Feb 29, 2004. tssjhs wrote: > > Hello, > > I need to convert dates ranging from 1999 through 2004 to 2005 dates. Can > this be done????? thanks..... > > Example, > > A1 B2 > 01/05/1999 01/05/2005 > ...

Dividing text
I know about the text-to-columns function, but if I have a sentence of text with each word separated by a space, it'll split across as many columns as there are words in the source cell. If I want to split on a specific 3 character sequence (namely " - "), is there any way I can do so by using the various text functions to determine where in the sentence that exact sequence occurs, and splitting only at that point? -- Paul Hyett, Cheltenham (change 'invalid83261' to 'blueyonder' to email me) Hi Paul As you may have discovered, the 'TextToC...

Date Formats
Hi I'm having trouble writing the right date format to a cell. Currently I have tried Worksheets("Forecast").Cells(ForecastMaxRowNo, 8).Value = Format(Date, "Short Date") Worksheets("Forecast").Cells(ForecastMaxRowNo, 8).Value = Format(Date, "General Date") Worksheets(sMonth).Cells(MonthTabMaxRowNo, 8).Value = FormatDateTime(Date, vbShortDate) Each time it comes out in American format and my regional setting on the computer are all set to UK When I put MSGBOX before it to test it seems to be OK. The Cell format seems to be...

Date query in Acceess
Hello there. I am a beginner with Access software. I have created a data base with this software that is used to have information about the missions in the office. This database has information about the name, cost, date etc. In addition the data base is not in English. I want to have a query that is calculating sum of the costs for each person in a month. I have tested 2 ways and couldn't get the result I am looking for. First, I made a query that has 3 fields: name, date and costs. Then I used Criteria for date like this: <#1386/08/01# which is our country date and all the dates in th...

Create date
Hello I have a excel template that the user opens fills out and saves it by giving it a filename. The problem I'm having is there is a a date field that they need to enter in the date for that days information but they are not filling it in. Is there a function I can put in that cell that will put a date in it when the file is created? The file is saved first thing in the morning and is filled out and saved throughout the day until the next morning TIA David How about this? Function CreationDate() as String CreationDate = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Cr...

Earn $500 to $700 per Week Downloading FREE Software #2
We know it sounds TOO good to BE true, but it's REAL! Our International Technology firm will pay you hard cash each time FREE software is downloaded. Best of all you will only have to download ONE piece of software ONE time for FREE and you can be on your way to earning BIG! FIND OUT MORE BY VISITING http://Brennus.PlugUsIn4Cash.com/ ...

sorting date
Hi- I have a list of dates in a column that I want to sort by- the problem is that it sorts it in a way that makes no sense to me- is there a way to sort by year/month in ascending manner? Thanks Brent Brent, It sounds as if they're not true dates, but text. If you do Format - Cells - Number tab, and set it to General, you should get a number if they're true dates. If they still look like dates, they're not true dates, but plain old text. As such, they'll only sort alphamerically, not in date order. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ---------------------------...

cell to return current date?
How do I get a cell to return the current date in Excel 2000? I want a particular spreadsheet to display the current date in a field each time I open that particular file. Can this be done in Excel 2000? Thanks, John --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "=today()" placed in the cell in question without the quotes --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ =TODAY() "jwcater" <jwcater.z9mta@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:jwcater.z9mta@excelforum-nospam.com... > How do I get a cell to return the current date in Excel 2...

Date format #21
I can't see how to format the date in the UK manner, i.e. 6/12/09, rather than in the US manner 12/6/09. Can anyone help? Excel 2000. Rob Graham Select the range to format Format|Cells|Number tab Choose date and look to see if the day, month year is in the order you like. If it is, you can use that. If it's not, choose Custom and type: dd/mm/yyyy (or what you like) If the values don't change, then your dates aren't really dates. They're plain old text that look like dates. Select your range (one column at a time) data|text to columns Fixed width remove any lines t...

Receivable Document Date
I noticed for a past transaction that a receivable was post dated while the posting date was the correct date. What is the best way to correct this? Can I do this through the database? Lynn, The best way to do this is to void the original transaction and re- enter it. This will provide a complete audit trail. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com What is your Posting Setup? Is it "Post To GL" or "Post Thru' GL"? In case of "Post To GL", it is possible as the posting of Receivable could be in a past date and t...

How to divide
Hi, I have a 40 page Word document in Turkish Language and another 40 page word document in English(translation Turkish document). I want to put them in Publisher as book fold style. But I donot know how to adjust the width of each column. Does anyone has any template or does anyone can tell me how to adjust the book fold page width? I thank you in advance. Best Regards, Niyazi In page setup, select booklet. Publisher will ask about 4 pages, click yes. Create a text box on page one, right-click the text box, click format text box, text box tab, click the columns button, input 2. Cop...

Date Format
I'd like to create my own Date / Time format. The Excel Equivalent is MMM-YYYY (Mar-2010). How can I change/create a new date format that will be displayed MMM-YYYY? I want to be able to query this table and run criteria based on the date. Thanks. (B^>)-]=[ You can create a custom display format for date that looks like "MMM-YYYY" .... but if your underlying data is a date/time field, you will still be storing a date/time value. Mar-2010 is not a date. If you are trying to create a query that requires selection criteria in that format, why? Is...

black out dates on a yearly calendar
I am creating a yearly calendar for group members and we do not meet on certain dates. How can I cross out or eliminate these dates on this calendar. Thanks, Connie conniejo wrote: > I am creating a yearly calendar for group members and we do not meet > on certain dates. How can I cross out or eliminate these dates on > this calendar. Thanks, Connie ================================== Have a look at your collection of AutoShapes... I suspect you can find something appropriate. You'll find the AutoShapes option on your Objects Toolbar. -- John Inzer MS Picture It! MVP ...

change default date format
Is there a way to change the default date format in Excel from the "short date" to a "long date" format permanently. Rightclick on the cell you want to change Format Cells - under the Number tab - Catagory - Date Then just choose the date style you want -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

looking for a date
i need a formula to display a date from a row of cells on a seperate page. it needs to ignor all other dates except the last one in the row id appreciate help Hi Rich With your dates in Sheet1 row 1 =TEXT(LOOKUP(9^99,Sheet1!$1:$1),"dd mmm yyyy") Change the Sheet location and row to suit, and choose whatever date format you want between the quotes -- Regards Roger Govier "Richdg" <Richdg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5A0C868-29A7-4013-A7C3-72B28C270F9A@microsoft.com... > i need a formula to display a date from a row of cells on a seperat...

Excel 2000
How do I sort dates in a column, as no matter what I try nothing chnages in either ascending or descending order. TIA Are you selecting the area where the data is before you try sorting it? "h" <henryn@gri.co.uk> wrote in message news:0d7601c3722f$64ef4e60$a601280a@phx.gbl... : How do I sort dates in a column, as no matter what I try : nothing chnages in either ascending or descending order. : TIA ...

Query for most recent date
I'm trying to pull the most recent versions of data from a history table. Each row contains the item being modified, the date the change was made, what the change was, and which user made it. For each item being modified I want the most recent change, if I only have the itemID and DateChanged columns in the query I can do it by enabling the Total row in the query builder, and set the itemID to groupby and dateChanged to Max. I also want to show the changeTypeID and UserID fields for the change identified by the previous two fields, but none of the options in the Total dropdown appear ...