Display subform total

I have an Access 2007 single form with subform.  The subform has a hidden
textbox that sums a record in the subform and displays in a textbox on the
form.  The form textbox is blank, but becomes visable if I click on the
taskbar or open another app.  If I update the subform or move to another
record, I loose it again.  I've tried requery and recalc on practually every
event of the form, subform and both textboxes to no avail.  What will make
this textbox stay visible?
--
Lafayette, LA
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Never mind; I got it.  I changed the field from text to double number and
added me.recalc to the form field and it stays visible.
--
Lafayette, LA

"Scafidel" wrote:

> I have an Access 2007 single form with subform.  The subform has a hidden
> textbox that sums a record in the subform and displays in a textbox on the
> form.  The form textbox is blank, but becomes visable if I click on the
> taskbar or open another app.  If I update the subform or move to another
> record, I loose it again.  I've tried requery and recalc on practually every
> event of the form, subform and both textboxes to no avail.  What will make
> this textbox stay visible?
> --
> Lafayette, LA

Dual Displays

Folder could not be displayed

cumulative totals #2
I have a worksheet like this: / A / B / C / / 1 / water per day / cumulative water / beginning water / 2 / 21 / 71 / 50 / I want a running sum in column B. In other words, I want cumulativ water to start out at 0 (B2). when I enter 21 in cell A2, I want it t add water per day to the beginnig water (C2)(21+50=71) and display tha number in column B. Then the next day I enter a number in A2, say 15, want B2 to come out to 86 (71 from the previous day plus the 15 fo today). I will be entering a "water per day" everyday and want th running sum displayed in B2. Thanks for your help!! -...

How to select & display distinct values

Display Time in Outlook

PK and FK Displayed

Formulas are displayed, results are not

subform not loading before main form
Hi MS Access 2003 SP2 After I did some refactoring of the subform code, the subform just would not load. In fact, it skips the subform without any error, and fails to load the main form as the main form depends on the subform for some data. My problem was Private Const START_DATE as Date = "#00:00:00#" I had accidentally added quotation marks around the date literal. Since it was not throwing an error it took me 2 days to track down this simple mistake. Hope others won't have to waste so much time! Riyaz Compile --- Hi Riyaz, "Since it was not throwing an error i...

How do I automatically total and flag charges when they reach a s.
I have to pay writers per article. I cannot pay them until their total reaches a set amount. Then I send accounting a request to pay. Right now I just keep typing their info into excel, which means that I retype their name, new article name, words, price, when each issue comes out, then I put them in abc order, then I total them up on my own if they look like they might be up to the set amount. But I keep thinking there has to be a better way to do this. Any ideas? There are definitely better ways of doing this. I would need more detail on the info you use, to really help you though. ...

Stop displaying a line

Display or not display series

Displaying an equation
I have an equation setup that is referencing a few other cells that have equations in them. I want to have a cell that displays this equation with the answers that are calculated from these other cells displayed as values in the new equation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Check out http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/formula.htm#getformula In article <E4143E2B-360A-4B43-955F-73BF8EC60694@microsoft.com>, "hoising8" <hoising8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an equation setup that is referencing a few other cells that have > eq...

How do I add letters to the end of totals?
Probably very simple, but I'm new. I need the total in one cell appear the same in another, but with a 'a' after it. ie 19 becomes 19a. If the original total already ends i 'a', it becomes 'b', and so on. What is this called, and how can I do it? Rya -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Ryan, If you want to use a custom function, paste the following code into a standard module in your workbook (instructions - if needed - follow the code): '---------------------------------------------- '\\ Start of Code Function abcADD(Cell As Range) A...

Serialisation
A general query Im serialising a person object with the following member variables Class Person Private _forenames As String Private _surname As String Private _dob As Date Private _marital_status As MaritalStatus 'Public Get and Set Properties here for each of the above ' I'll not detail them all to save space but Ill show attributes <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="forename")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="surname")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="dob"...

New Email does not display
When new email arrives you don't know it. You don't know you have new mail until you click on an existing email in your inbox. Any ideas? It's a setting. But... 1. You don't tell us the program you're using. 2. We can't guess if it's Outlook or Outlook Express. 3. This is the Excel newsgroup; you're in the wrong place. :) ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Travis" <Travis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D864BC01-7D98-48DA-A132-614D02E45963@microsoft.com... > When new email arrives you don't know ...

Display 4 weeks of data
Hello all, I am trying to create a query in which data is displayed for the current month beginning with the first day of the week, first week of the month and ending with the last day of the week, last week of the month. In example: Today is Friday June 1, 2007 but the first day of the week would be Sunday, May 27, 2007. I would like the query to show data between 5/27/2007 through 6/30/2007 -OR- 4/29/2007 through 6/2/2007 for the previous month... Does anyone have any ideas? First day of the current month is DateSerial(Year(Date()), Month(Date()), 1) Last day of the current month...

Dynamic Chart Display
I have set up many dynamic charts using named ranges with the counta function. At times when reopened the data is not displayed properly - it will be skewed to the left with blank intervals although all data is there. It can be corrected by going to the data sheet and resaving the spreadsheet but this is very inconvenient and doesn't always work. This is particularly a problem when the spreadsheet is for distribution or to be used as part of a presentation. Does anyone know if there is a way to 'freeze' the display so this does not occur? Thank you! ...

Pivot Table Running Delta total
How can I run a runnin delta total on a pivot table instead of a sum? the operation instead of sum would be from column Type D-S and the totals shold be the result of the first week plus next etc. Sum of Qty WK WK of PastDue 1004 1005 1006 1007 Part # Type pastdue 1/23/2010 1/30/2010 2/6/2010 2/13/2010 part1 D 14010 S 1000 1000 part1 Total 14010 1000 1000 part2 D 360 S 180 part2Total 360 180 part3 D 600 S 600 part3 Total 600 600 part4 D 7980 2580 S 2040 part4 Total 7980 4620 ...

net display or pole display
We are a small beverage/specialty retailer. We have a requirement to install a customer viewable display. We are using a Pioneer POS that has an available USB and video port. 1. We are thinking of using a small, 7-9" monitor connected to the video port. Can we change the size of the fonts that are used to display pricing? 2. We tried hooking up a flat panel monitor to this port, but it didn't work (even with the net display check boxes activated). I think it is because we did not load drivers for the second monitor. We're a little apprehensive about messing up the touch s...

subform-on Main form not refreshing queried job list
I am reposting - haven't gotten answer yet??? any ideas-Thanks! I have a subform for jobs to be at list - when I am int the actual form it requeries and shows only the ones checked off - when I go to the mainform with the jobs to be at list as a subform - it does not refresh or requery unless I close and open back up again. I had added a refresh command button with the following code: DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdRefresh when i press the refresh button it refreshes the job list to be at I add this code to the Onload of the Main form - don't want user to have to press refr...