done in reports. I'd like it to look like this:

From: 2/7/2008 To: 2/7/14/2008

I don't think I can use the query that generates the data for the pie-chart
becuase it would have to be outside that sub-form on my main menu. My main
menu does not have a data source.

If you have any ideas, I'd appreciate it.

Thx,
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

JK,
    If your chart always prints in the same position on the report, you
could simply place a Text control on top of the chart (bring to front), with
a ControlSource of...
        = DateAdd("d", -7, Date()) & " TO: " & Date()
--
    hth
    Al Campagna

"JK" <jasonk at necoffeeco dot com> wrote in message
>I have a pie-chart on my main menu that totals the number of billable hours
> for each Service Technician for the last week (always 7 days from today.)
>
> How would I make a text box display the actual date range, much like what
> is
> done in reports. I'd like it to look like this:
>
> From: 2/7/2008 To: 2/7/14/2008
>
> I don't think I can use the query that generates the data for the
> pie-chart
> becuase it would have to be outside that sub-form on my main menu. My main
> menu does not have a data source.
>
> If you have any ideas, I'd appreciate it.
>
> Thx,

0
Al
2/14/2008 2:13:01 PM
hi,

JK wrote:
> How would I make a text box display the actual date range, much like what is
> done in reports. I'd like it to look like this:
>
> From: 2/7/2008 To: 2/7/14/2008
Assign the following as ControlSource to your TextBox:

   ="From: " & Me![fromDate] & " To: " & Me![toDate]

You may use

   Format(ADateTime, "\#m\/d\/yyyy#")

To explictly format the date:

   ="From: " & Format(Me![fromDate], "\#m\/d\/yyyy#") & " To: " &
Format(Me![toDate], "\#m\/d\/yyyy#")

Copy it as a single line.

mfG
--> stefan <--
0
Stefan

Dual Displays

How to handle blank date and time?
I use MFC Visual C++ 4.2 I am developing a database application using MS Access 2000. The problem I am dealing with is how to handle if the user does not enter the date. There is a condition where they can do that for Finish Process Date / Finish Process Time. I make the Date and Time as separate fields, both in the database and the application. On my application I use the COleDateTime data type. I have to save the blank Date and the blank Time, and I also have to acquire them back in order to display the data using the CListCtrl. What I am confusing is how to make the query? Is it...

how can I add 'date modfied' into a cell in excel 2002
as above Check out http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html In article <F4E52FD7-13EF-42BC-8754-D8B5F255A3E0@microsoft.com>, "Shmoo" <Shmoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > as above Thanks JE, appreciate that. "JE McGimpsey" wrote: > Check out > > http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html > > In article <F4E52FD7-13EF-42BC-8754-D8B5F255A3E0@microsoft.com>, > "Shmoo" <Shmoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > > > as above > ...

Vba code cannot select text pasted from .txt file
The data I'm working with is from a .txt file which was created by exporting a .pdf to a text file. I copy all of the text from the .txt file and paste it into a column in Excel. When trying to reference any column, row, or range on the sheet with the pasted text, I get the following error: Run-time error '1004': Application-defined or object-defined error. Sample code: Sheets("Sheet5").Select ' <this works fine Columns("A:A").Select ' <this gets the error I've tried pasting the text with other paste special options. I'v...

Folder could not be displayed

Dynamic Range Based on Cell Result not Empty Cell
I use dynamic ranges in excel. I use them to name ranges that vary i size due to varyin data. For example, I may dump data in F2 which ma span 3 rows or 100 rows. I use the following formula to name th range: =OFFSET($F$2,0,0,COUNTA($F2:$F65536),1) However, I now want to define the range based on the cell result. Tha is assume that I have a constant formula from F2 to F102. However th cells in the column either have a number in them or a "" in them. Th formula above will automatically size the range to F2:F102 becuas there is a formula in every row. How can i write a formua...

find and count days in blocks of consecutive dates
I need to find a way using Excel to find blocks of consecutive dates in a list and then count how many days are in each block. Any help is appreciated. Hi if i'm understanding you correctly, you can use the COUNTIF function =COUNTIF(range,">="&datevalue("lowest_date"))-COUNTIF(range,">"&datevalue("highest_date")) e.g. =COUNTIF(A1:A23,">="&DATEVALUE("2/10/04"))-COUNTIF(A1:A23,">"&DATEVALUE("4/10/04")) counts all the days between 2/10/04 and the 4/10/04 inclusive PS you might nee...

How to select & display distinct values

grey text box
Need help adding the grey box to a document to click and fill basically. Deanna wrote: > Need help adding the grey box to a document to click and fill > basically. See http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=22. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. ...

Display Time in Outlook

Statement Date
I enter my transactions manually for some of my accounts, ie utility bills. These transactions always have different payment dates, statement closing dates, service dates, etc.. Is there any way to enter the statement date on money 2007 deluze version 16.0.120.1303? I would like to do this so that I know what month I have just paid. In microsoft.public.money, OfficeNDN wrote: >I enter my transactions manually for some of my accounts, ie utility bills. > >These transactions always have different payment dates, statement closing >dates, service dates, etc.. > >Is there...

Money 2007 -- QIF import
Good Evening! After a little trial and error, I am able to import account transactions from another system (not a bank statement, my actual register transactions) with little trouble except for the date format. (Before someone gets mad at me, I really don't think this has anything to do with my regional settings!) As recommended by an MVP from this forum, I open my CSV file with excel, then use a converter (add-in) called XL2QIF to create a qif output file. The actual "data" in a date field in my original csv file is "060106" (mm/dd/yy) which is June 1, 2006,...

PK and FK Displayed

Date validation #3
hello everybody, i am new to excel , and i want to format a particular cell such that it accepts a date and the date should BE ONLY SATURDAY. If the date is not saturday a message box should appear and say "please enter the correct date". Please let me know step by step.As i am not comfortable using excel. Thanx, Ragini. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Ragini, Use Data Validation, setup a custom criteria, and use a formula of =WEEKDAY(A1)=...

Formulas are displayed, results are not

Stop displaying a line

Two address/one box
Due to a server crash we made changes to email addresses. Now some people are not receiving their email. Can we have two email addresses going into one email box? How? Please be specific as I am new at this. Thanks! You can set up an alias for the person within the exchange properties (sorry can't remember which tab) "Sam" wrote: > Due to a server crash we made changes to email addresses. Now some people > are not receiving their email. Can we have two email addresses going into > one email box? How? Please be specific as I am new at this. > Thanks! ...

Converting number to text

Insert formula to range of rows (Variable) from macro
I am getting a debug error 'Compile Error, Expected: end of statement' for the following formula insertion: Set Rng = Worksheets("Calculate").Range("E2:E30") Formula = "=IF(ISBLANK(D3)=TRUE,"Blank",IF(D3>=$D$2+($D$2*0.05),"Over",IF(D3<=$D$2-($C$2*0.05),"Under","Pass")))" Column B has a variable number of rows which I need to drag the formula down for so am putting rows 2-30 as there will never be more than this. Is there a better way of doing this? Any help appreciated Try Range("E2:...

Counting against a date
Hi I want to count the rows in a range 'Tests 1' AF3:AF1000=YES if the date in the range 'Tests 1' AD3:AD1000 is (<=) less than or equal to the date in B14 (current sheet) using the following formula: =IF($B14="","",(SUMPRODUCT(('Tests 1'!$AF$3:$AF$1000=YES)*('Tests 1'!AD$3:$AD1000<=$B14)))) unfortunately this returns an #N/A error I'm clearly missing something here so any tips or pointers would be appreciated. -- Steve Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, th...

Display or not display series