Direct X installation

Please help.

I am attempting to install Corel Photo album 6 onto my Windows 2000 pro
system, however, as I try the installation, I receive a message that I need
to have Direct X v. 9 installed on my system.

However;  I have attempted many times now to install "Direct X" from
Microsoft's web site, but everytime I start the download I receive this
message:

"Set-up could not download the file. Please try later or check network
connection"

I have no problem with my network connection, and I have previously
downloaded Direct X v. 8 without problems.
Does anyone have any ideas, or have run into this problem before?

Thank you in advance,

Vince

0
Vp
9/9/2007 2:07:34 PM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Your question may be  better answered in a newsgroup appropriate to your
problem. This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database
product.  Try:

microsoft.public.directx.graphics
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
Free MS-Access downloads:

"Vp" <vinval@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Please help.
>
> I am attempting to install Corel Photo album 6 onto my Windows 2000 pro
> system, however, as I try the installation, I receive a message that I
> need
> to have Direct X v. 9 installed on my system.
>
> However;  I have attempted many times now to install "Direct X" from
> Microsoft's web site, but everytime I start the download I receive this
> message:
>
> "Set-up could not download the file. Please try later or check network
> connection"
>
> I have no problem with my network connection, and I have previously
> downloaded Direct X v. 8 without problems.
> Does anyone have any ideas, or have run into this problem before?
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Vince

0
Arvin

ING Direct #3
Thinking about opening an account here. Will it link to my Money file? Thanks for your reply. (I'm not at my home computer or I would check it out myself) Scott ING Direct no longer links allowing you to connect and update from within Money. To update you have to go into the ING Direct Web site and download your transactions to Money. On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 08:46:32 -0700, "Scott W" <ScottW2000xx@Yahoo.com> wrote: >Thinking about opening an account here. Will it link to my Money file? >Thanks for your reply. >(I'm not at my home computer or I would check it...

Plain Text Direction
I have purchased Notebook with Vista from Dubai. My language set is as English and Keyboard US ( Vista Home Regional Langague setting ). In office 2007, I have set langague as ENGLISH USA. In microsoft Outlook 2007, I am expereincing unique problem. All incoming mails in PLAIN TEXT which include emails, read receipt and delivery reports are appearing in Right to Left Direction. Repeat in PLAIN TEXT FORMAT. There is no problem in HTML and Rich Text Messages. I want to set text direction as LEFT TO RIGHT as defualt for PLAIN TEXT MSGES. In Option, I could not find tab for LEFT TO RI...

Void PR Direct Deposit Payment
We are trying to void a payroll direct deposit. We select the checkbook ID but are unable to bring up the DD number to void. We try to select by Employee ID, Check Number and Audit Trail code but we get "There are no checks in this range to void for this Checkbook ID and year". The check date is in the current year (2008). The check/DD number is not a duplicate number and it has not been reconciled in the checkbook. The number does exist in both the PR Check and Transaction tables. Why can't we see it in the Void Payroll Checks window? You can't have a duplicate c...

2 X 2 Splitter Windows #2
What is wrong with the following code? I am trying to create a 2 X 2 splitter window. It should look like this. CMyTreeView | CMyListView __________________|___________________ | CPictureView | CDetailView It compiles correctly but when I run it I get an error in the WinSplit routine of MFC. if(!m_wndSplitterWnd1.CreateStatic(this,1,2)) return FALSE; if(!m_wndSplitterWnd1.CreateView(0,0, RUNTIME_CLASS(CMyTreeView), CSize(0,0), pContext)) return FALSE; if(!m_wndSplitterWnd2.CreateStatic(&m_wn...

32bit vs. 64bit Installations
We have a 32bit system (Win 2k3) running Exchange 2007. We are rapidly approaching the end of the trial and have purchased a key. It wont enter, I suspect, because we're not using x64. Therefore, two questions, 1) can we continue using 32bit version past the expiration date (read somewhere that we could). It will take us this long to get the 64bit version mobilised. 2) Whats the easiest way of migraing the data? If we use ntbackup (built in MS), can we just restore onto the new 64 bit system? Thanks - 32-bit versions are neither "licensed", nor supported in production. This ...

Trying to change x-axis date range
I have a scatter chart with dates on the x-axis and data on the y. When trying to change the range of my x-axis, I right click on the x-axis, click "format axis" and for "Minimum" and "Maximum" I click "Fixed" but it will only let me enter dates in the number format (i.e. 39983 instead of 6/19/2009). This is really annoying because I am constantly changing ranges to zoom in on the data and need to think about what the number format would be. I didn't have this problem with the earler version of excel (2003), but it started as soon as my offi...

Edit directly in Cells
I am having intermittent (daily) problems with 'Editing Directly in Cells'. After hitting the [F2] key to edit data in a cell, the edit bar cursor shows in the cell correctly. But, when I use the arrow keys in jumps to the next cell to the left as if I hit [Shift][Tab]. I do have the 'Edit Directly in Cells' checked in Options-Edit. Turning it off and on does not make any difference. I must use the mouse to select the text to edit. We tend to input some status language at the end of the task name, so this would be a productivity impact. I have researched the we...

I can't install office it says the setup file is already running
I can't install office it says the setup file is already running. I installed office on my system a few weeks ago. now I get the error message, that says I should upgrade to SP2. But I thought I was running that and I have never had that message before on any system I have installed it on. Can someone tell me wat I am to do. So what happens if you run MS Update & install Critical updates? "Bighammo" <Bighammo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6F30ADA-FA05-4A1F-83C7-4056D65971DB@microsoft.com... >I can't install office it says t...

X-axis scale #2
When making a line chart my Excel 97 automatically makes the x-axis a category axis. How can I make it a value axis? Instead of a line chart, create an XY (scatter) chart, and use one of the line subtypes. Fred wrote: > When making a line chart my Excel 97 automatically makes > the x-axis a category axis. How can I make it a value axis? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html I am constructing a bar chart and would like to be able to change my x-axis to a value axis. Unfortunately for what I am doing I have to use a bar chart...

Free "Direct Connect"
Are there any national / large / mid atlantic based banks out there that offer free Money direct connect access - even with a blanace or other requirement? I have read that BoA offers this - but when I call I am told that all levels of accounts must pay for Direct Connect, same with Suntrust and Chevy Chase (the 3 most prevelant banks in my area). Problems since the server update have left me with a near useless Money, direct connect will probably skirt many of the issues but I would rather not pay for it (especially at 10$ or so a month) Jason In microsoft.public.money, jb1677@gmail.com ...

Desktop Client Installation
I have sucessfully upgraded to CRM 3.0 but unfortunately I am having problems installing the Desktop Client. It keeps telling me that the CRM server cannot be located. I tried changing the CRM location (http://<servername>, http://<ipaddress>, etc.) and nothing works. I have no problems working in the web client. Any ideas? Danielle I just tried installing again using the port number for the CRM site - still no luck. Here's the exact error message" "Setup cannot connect to the Microsoft CRM server. This might indicate that the server is down." &qu...

delete cells with "x" in them
I want to delete all cells in a range that have "x" in them. I have used the following code: For Each Cell In Sheets("CDPTS").Range("B1:B363") If Cell.Value = "x" Then Cell.Delete Shift:=xlUp End If Next Cell However, this doesn't delete them all? I repeated the code several times and it finally does get them all. Is there a more reliable code to do my job? SDC scrabtree, The reason it's not working every time is that If cell B1 contains an x, cell B2 contains an x and B3 contains "qwerty&...

Outlook (and Excel) stops working after MSXML installation
I installed MSXML 4.0 as per the "critical updates" message on my W98 today. After re-boot, when I try to open Outlook I get message "Unable to open your defauilt mail folder - the information store could not be opened" and then "Would you like to open your default file system folder instead?" - this is no good and I can't find anything. I can't open Excel either, I get messages about Visual Basic and when I close it, I get message "This process will stop the debugger". I now have a shortcut on my desktop "Microsoft MXL 4.0 parser&...

Bar Chart With Custom Labels On X and Y?
I've got some data points that represent "Rating" quality securities batched by number of days to maturity. e.g. For 01-07 days, the rating quality might be .99 For 08-30 days, the rating quality might be .83.... and so forth. What I want is a bar chart with a bar for each group of days where the bar represents the relative rating quality of that group. Bigger bars = Higher quality. Rating weights, however, are on the order of .25 = good and 2 = really bad. So the first thing I do in invert those numbers by subtracting them from 3.... so good = 2.75 and really bad = 1. Go...

Authentication Error after installation CRM 3.0
Hello I installed CRM 3.0 but i am getting Authentication Error after installation. Setup looks like One AD, 3 domain contorlers, I installed CRM on the one Domain controler. SQL 2000 SP4 and CRM 3.0 are on the same box. Exchange server is on the other box and working properly. i am member of DomainSP4 and then CRM 3.0 and underinstallation i did not get any error and it looks good but after installation i got error message at first attempt to login CRM via web prowser. 1: Authentication Error Microsoft CRM could not log you on to the system. Make sure your user record is enabled and tha...

Install tips
Hi, I'm flying blind and going to do a crm install this weekend. Any tips or advice? Thanks, G RTFM "gavin" <nospam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BCEE8197.7FC%nospam@discussions.microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'm flying blind and going to do a crm install this weekend. > > Any tips or advice? > > Thanks, > > G > Simple tip read the implementation guide and follow what it says. If this is your first install you may want to set up a test domain using virtualpc and do a test install on that setup before deploying on ...

Can I run ON from an external drive without it being installed on
Can I run ON from an external drive without it being installed on a local machine? "Ang130" <Ang130@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5982603B-D3AC-48F3-84A4-D96DB4696889@microsoft.com... > Can I run ON from an external drive without it being installed on a local > machine? With Ceedo software Ang130 wrote: > Can I run ON from an external drive without it being installed on a > local machine? YES, if run under Ceedo with the Argo installer.[1] In theory it should also work with a USB stick. It would have a superfast stick, m...

DIRECT X
C'mon, someone must be using DirectX under Visual C++ ? PLEASE What header files do I need to include when using direct show ? How do I get the examples in the DX9 sdk to run in MFC environment ? Specific example : Project "AmCap", what do I need to do to transfer the files SampleCSG.c / .h into my own MFC app ? 1) Exactly which header files do I need ? (presumabley they are different in MFC as compared to straight WIN32???) 2) What libraries do I need to include in the project? In desperation I even went as far as cutting and pasting the .LIB list from the AmCap example - so ...

Windows XP Home Install
I want to know if "Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition UPGRADE with SP2" CD is just upgrade to an existing XP home install or XP full install with SP2? The CD box has even the product key. The reason I'm trying to figure out is I just purchased a new motherboard and my old XP CD gives a blue screen with Stop error when I try to install it. I called the motherboard support and was told that its compatible only with XP w/SP2 at least. My old XP CD doesn't have SP2. The Upgrade CD cannot do what you want it to do. Your old CD is tied to your old PC/motherboard...

Exchange 2003 mail re-direction
I have a SBS2003 server with Exchange 2003, the pop3 side has been setup as a global mailbox so the the mail is delivered to the correct accounts. How do I set exchange up to send any e-mails addressed to someone without a mailbox to be re-directed to a real mailbox. Thanks Craig M Hello Craig, Thank you for your post. Setup the object (user), as a mail enabled contact, provide two SMTP addresses. The primary SMTP address will be the mailbox that you want the mail delivered to, the other address will be a valid SMTP address for your mail system. Kenny Wood CISSP, MCSE PSS Security Mic...

prevent display of data series dropping to graph x axis for null d
In a graph, I want to prevent the data series from going to the x axis if there is null data in the cell. I am using a formula =if(cell value = "","",average(cell range)) and this is what I am trying to suppress Use NA() instead of "". Jerry norco wrote: > In a graph, I want to prevent the data series from going to the x axis if > there is null data in the cell. I am using a formula =if(cell value = > "","",average(cell range)) and this is what I am trying to suppress .... for the second instance in the formula: =if(cell v...

Y-axis title cutting off in vertical direction
I have Microsoft Office 200. In Excell, the Y-axis title is cutting off in the vertical direction. Any Ideas. Common problem; known bug Add some dots at end of title; select the dots and give them font colour same as background (to hide them in case others do not have the bug!) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Martin" <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33FF8FF9-F861-4B15-992A-003B408B9EC5@microsoft.com... >I have Microsoft Office 200. In Excell, the Y-axis title is cutting off in > the vert...

attachment previewers not installed?

SP1 Update Stalls in Installer
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel When I use the autoupdater to install SP1 the installer hangs in the stage Preparing Office 2008 SP1 Update (12.1.0) Progress bar Running AutoUpdate installer script. Anyone know what the problem is here? Joseph Ayers "lobster@officeformac.com" wrote: > When I use the autoupdater to install SP1 the installer hangs in the stage > > Preparing Office 2008 SP1 Update (12.1.0) > Progress bar > Running AutoUpdate installer script. Launch the updater Drag the installer to your desktop. Eject th...

any ING Direct deal with money 2004?
I was considering opening an ING Direct savings account. However, I seem to remember that when I bought Money 2003 deluxe last year, one of the leaflets in the box was a "deal" for ING which credited some cash (about $50 I think) to new account holders. If there is a similar deal in Money 2004 I may wait until I upgrade to open an account. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks, Mark From what I can remember from Money 2003 they gave away software. In 2004 Money inside the Deluxe booklet they have a $50.00 opening bonus. "Mark Richards" <welshmark10@worldnet.att.net> ...