Delete "Open Recent Database" List

How can I delete the list of Open Recent Database that appears when I statt
ACCESS?

Some of them are files which no longer exist.

Thanks.

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 22:28:00 -0700, cuig <cuig@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>How can I delete the list of Open Recent Database that appears when I statt
>ACCESS?
>
>Some of them are files which no longer exist.
>
>Thanks.

They don't do any harm but if they annoy you, use Tools...Options... General
to set the Recently Used Files  to zero. Close and open Access and set it back
to the desired number (or leave it at zero if you prefer).

--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

I'd forgotten to look in the Registry.

"cuig" wrote:

> How can I delete the list of Open Recent Database that appears when I statt
> ACCESS?
>
> Some of them are files which no longer exist.
>
> Thanks.

Hi John,
Your answer applies to Access 2003 or older versions. How can one set the
Recently Used Files to 0 in Access 2007? I checked all available options but
could not find it.
Thanks
--
Jac Tremblay

On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 07:02:01 -0700, Jac Tremblay <jac.tremblay@donotspam.com>
wrote:

>Hi John,
>Your answer applies to Access 2003 or older versions. How can one set the
>Recently Used Files to 0 in Access 2007? I checked all available options but
>could not find it.
>Thanks

Don't know because I haven't yet installed it - my clients are still using
2003 and I'm reluctant to have both versions on, since they don't "play nice"
(unlike previous versions).
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

Delete "Open Recent Database" List
How can I delete the list of Open Recent Database that appears when I statt ACCESS? Some of them are files which no longer exist. Thanks. On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 22:28:00 -0700, cuig <cuig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I delete the list of Open Recent Database that appears when I statt >ACCESS? > >Some of them are files which no longer exist. > >Thanks. > They don't do any harm but if they annoy you, use Tools...Options... General to set the Recently Used Files to zero. Close and open Access and set it back to the desired number (or leave it at...

Open Recent Database Listing
Hi Can someone tell me how I remove items from the Open recent database Listing. I have some databases that I have deleted from my hard drive, but they are still displaying in this list. I tried setting the number of items to 0 and then back to 9 , but this had no effect Thanks I would just live with it. If you can't then you are going to have to modify the registry. Unless you are experienced (and careful) you can easily mess up your system to the point where things do not work. John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2009 The Hilltop Institute University o...

How to clear the Open Recent Database pane on Getting Started scre
In Access 2007, on the "Getting Started with Microsoft Office" page, I want to clear all of the file names under "Open Recent Database" on the right. Deleting the actual files from my computer doesn't remove the names from that pane. Why does it matter? I never tried this in 2007 but changing how many to display on older versions cleared list. Click on the Office button, Access Options, Advanced, Display, and set to 0 (zero). Close application. Restart and check. -- Build a little, test a little. "Judith9" wrote: > In Access 20...