DB FE open as read-only

Hi there,

I have converted my Access 2007 db to an accde and then packaged this
front-end file. However, on installing the file and opening up I get a "this
database is read-only, save as to make changes, etc." message. I have added
all locations where the FE & BE are to my trusted locations and made sure
that i have full permissions on all directories and files within the
hierarchy (i am currently trying to do this on my local machine, so didn't
anticipate this problem not running over a network).

Are there any solutions to this problem?

Thank you!

The Psyber Fox
http://www.psyberconsulting.co.za
-1
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Opening email attachments which were forwarded
Sometimes an email is forwarded to me (from a known address) which was forwarded several times before reaching me. To open the attachment I, several times, have to "open" the file just to get to the actual message. Is there a way to bypass all this and just get to the actual message/picture/video etc.? Thanks. Unfortunately, no. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:5f2001c474c4$04987990$a501280a@phx.gbl, Steve wrote: > Sometimes an...

Deleting .edb and .stm files on FE Exch2K3 Svr
I have a FE Exchange server that still has four mailboxes on it that cannot be moved, and some of the database files for E2K3 are just taking up space on this server and I would like to get rid of them if possible. The mailboxes that remain on this server that cannot be moved (I've tried) are: - Connector for RightFax - SMTP - System Attendant - SystemMailbox - I don't know about this one..... The db files that I have in question, as well as the last date they were accessed are: priv1.edb 11/26/2006 priv1.stm 11/26/2006 priv1.edb_ 08/15/2006 priv1.stm_ 11/20/2006 I h...

Hiding a window when a report opens
I want users to select a filter criteria on a form (Main Menu), hide the form and open a report maximized. It worked well with slightly modified code and in other forms that I have used, but I am at a loss on how to get it to work. It opens the report fine, but then the form shows up on top with a non-maximized report in a second window. The report filters correctly. Dim stLinkCriteria As String If (Forms![Main Menu]!AcctBreakout = 1) Then DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdWindowHide stLinkCriteria = "[All Data].Projsub= " & [Field5] DoCmd.OpenReport ...

importing paradox db. into outlook
how do you import a borland datebase into outlook? Renman What file format is the database in? Outlook supports many formats but it must be one of the compatible ones for a native import. Otherwise, you need to export your database to one of the supported file formats for import into Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, RenMan asked: | how do you ...

Tooltip reading "First record"
In an MFC MDI application I am getting an undesired tooltip reading "First Record" when the mouse pointer goes over the scroll bars of my CView-derived window. Can anyone help me get rid of it? ==== Details: 1. I have added CToolTipCtrl mvToolTip; as a member of my CView-derived class and the CView-derived window is added to this as a "tool" in OnIntialUpdate. 2. In PreTranslateMessage(MSG* pMsg) I have if( ::IsWindow( mvToolTip.m_hWnd ) && pMsg->hwnd==m_hWnd ) { switch(pMsg->message) { case WM_LBUTTONDOWN: case WM_MOUSEMOVE: ca...

Error Message opening task
I create a task for a contact, save and close. when I try to reopen from Contact/Activities, i get the standard error message "an error has occurred, try again or contact system admin". I can open from Activities Main Navigation, but not from the contact record. Not sure where to look for a resoluion. Any ideas would be welcome. ...

sp3 install fails with error code 0x800710D9(unable to read from o
HP pavillion A1430N Xp version 5.1.2600 sp2 build 2600 X86 based AMD Athlon 64xdual Install goes well until right after a restore point is set. Get "unable to read from or write to database"Does anyone haave any ideas?- Thanks,- gship http://support.microsoft.com/kb/915169 is applicable to SP3 WinXP SP3 - Read all prerequisites for a successful installation http://msmvps.com/blogs/harrywaldron/archive/2008/05/08/windows-xp-sp3-read-all-prerequisites-for-a-successful-installation.aspx -=- 02/09/1004:59:13 pm "gship" wrote: > HP pavillion A1430N &...

Can not open the item error
Hi I have restored a previously deleted mailbox from backup using VERITAS. In outlook I can see all folders that user created under inbox but no mail items whatsoever. If I do a send/receive I get the following error; Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x80040107):' Could not open the item. Try again. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Many Thanks Regards On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 13:32:11 -0000, "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote: >Hi > >I have restored a previously deleted mailbox from backup using VERITAS. In >outloo...

VS 2008 cannot open project
Lately, when I open a project from the Recent Projects list I get a message "The file or folder 'V:\2008VSProjects\.......' cannot be opened. Do you want to remove the reference(s) to it from the Recent list(s)?" Then I open it by browsing to the same folder location and it opens it fine. I can close and open the same project all day. Then then next day I get this message again. Any ideas how to solve it? Thanks. -- David On Apr 20, 3:55=A0pm, DavidC <dlch...@lifetimeinc.com> wrote: > Lately, when I open a project from the Recent Projects list I ...

db
how to map DB variables with form variables manuaaly in DB programmng wiht mfc.. also i do we put two controls.. depending upon condition we have to get text box or combo box ...

Opening files in Excel 2003
Hello Everyone, I have this problem when trying to open a file in Excel. It takes along time to drill down down in the folder list. Any ideas? Thanks -Mark ...

Timesheet on Published DB, but not in Reporting DB
Any ideas about cause and how to fix? For a given user & period, I can see the timesheet on Published DB, but not on Reporting DB. So far, see this with one user. Learner: Reporting DB updates can fail from time to time. Things can get out of sync when you cancel queue jobs. You can refresh the reporting database by forcing it to rebuild by using the administrative backup feature to backup you Enterprise custom fields, and then restore them. The restore action forces the rebuild. See if that helps. -- Gary L Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCITP msProjectExperts http://www.mspro...

How can I display a message for users on file open?
I am interested in creating a default instructional reminder for all users of a spreadsheet I have created. How can I do this and have the reminder displayed each time the file is opened? 1. With the workbook open, press Alt-F11. 2. From the menu, choose View, then Project Explorer. 3. Open the section called "ThisWorkbook" 4. Type the follwing: Sub MyMessage end Sub >-----Original Message----- >I am interested in creating a default instructional reminder for all users of >a spreadsheet I have created. How can I do this and have the reminder >displayed each time...

OWA and RPC-HTTP FE on same box?
We are in the process of evaluating the risks and benefits of deploying OWA and RPC over HTTP, and making it available outside the firewall. OWA seems pretty straight forward. Since we have a geographically diverse network, we would need to deploy FE's in at least 3 different locations. I am interested in hearing feedback on best way to expose (firewalled in DMZ, authentication schemes, etc...) Has anyone done the psuedo-FE approach, where you use a BE server as the FE, with no mailboxes on it, to take advantage of the pss-through authentication? Obvioulsy we sould go the SSL r...

opening outlook attachments
Why is htm documents being saved in temporary internet folder/okl* folder. When you search for the okl* folder you can't find it. ...

Rectify opening balance
Hi, You do I rectify the opening balance of an account in Money 2005? Thanks To change it, you need to edit the account details of the account. This is, assuming you're using the advanced register. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny or http://money.mvps.org/faq for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money "Droopycom" <Droopycom@discussions.microsoft.com...

connect Visio to DB
I'm trying to build troubleshooting guide with Visio 2007. The next step would be to connect the Visio diagram to SQL DB. The thing is I want to create such table in the DB, which will create a sort of State Machine. Each item in the diagram that connected to other item has to express it in the table: For example: problem1->question1->question2->solution1 |->solution2 How would I create such situation? ...

System Error when opening Excel 2007
A client is receiving this error "system Error &H80004005(-2147467259)" in excel 2007 when opening a new file or an exisiting file. This error came up after visio 2003 was uninstalled and visio 2007 got installed on his system. This error can be a lot, and I looked a bit around where they say it might be something with memory. But then I wonder why he never gave this error before untill visio 2007 got installed. Any help is welcome and I would be very thankfull to those who can help me in this issue. Greetz ...

must read

cant open file
I have windows vista and microsoft publisher 2007 did my website and now out of nowhere it says cant open file tried everything and is not happening What kind of file are you trying to open? What steps are you taking? What kind of error messages are you getting? Details are important. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "arleen" <arleen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B264DC25-1072-4931-B44C-7F481A13DBEE@microsoft.com... >I have windows vista and microsoft publisher 2007 did my w...

cannot open outlook 2007 in Vista
when I try to open outlook 2007, a prompt saying that register VB ScriptDLL failed. Asked me to re-install or execute Regsvr32.exe Vbscript.dll to try register. I tried execute "Regsvr32.exe Vbscript.dll", then launch the outlook again. Same message prompt out again. I tried re-installed the outlook, still the same. I think it maybe the access right problem with Vista. Anyone can help suggest a solution to launch outlook from Vista ? Go to the Run item on the Start menu, and type: regsvr32 filename.ext Not regsvr32.exe. -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: ht...

Opening a 2003 document in 2007
I have a form document that was created in 2003. When people try to open the document in 2007, they see all the formating markups and have to go through a somewhat lengthy process every time they open the document to be able to see/print the document without markups, but then the form functions are lost. I've been told that there is no way to fix this, that 2003 and 2007 "don't talk." Surely there is something that can be done so the 2007 users can open the document and use the protected form without going through these steps: Review tab: Tracking: Show Mar...

Outlook 2000 Freezes while Opening
Outlook freezes while in the process of opening - sometimes it will open, but it usually takes 10-15 minutes... Any ideas???? Close Outlook. Find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. (If using Windows 2000 or XP, you will need to enable searching hidden and system folders.) Once you have done so, reopen Outlook and it should open fine. You will need to rebuild any custom toolbars or customizations as the file outcmd.dat controls how the toolbars display. When it becomes corrupted, it will cause Outlook to hang because it cannot create the toolbars that you expect. --� Milly Staples [MVP...

I can't open outlook
When I'm logg on on my account I can't open the MSOutlook but if I logg on like a guest then I can. Where is the problem? milostef <milostef@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I'm logg on on my account I can't open the MSOutlook What happens when you try? What version of Outlook? -- Brian Tillman ...