date query criteria prompt

hi
I would like to add a prompt to a query allowing user to enter month and
year desired and show all records where matches criteria
the date is in format dd/mm/yy
so if users enters 04/10 at prompt they would get all data for april 2010
or do I need to have start date and stop date
thanks
tina
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

"tina" <tina@discussions.microsoft.com>, iletisinde şunu yazdı,
> hi
> I would like to add a prompt to a query allowing user to enter month and
> year desired and show all records where matches criteria
> the date is in format dd/mm/yy
> so if users enters 04/10 at prompt they would get all data for april 2010
> or do I need to have start date and stop date
> thanks
> tina

0
utf
5/9/2010 4:41:12 PM
Realistically, you need a start date and stop date although in your case you
should be able to derive the stop date from the start date. If you're going
to have them input a single value representing mm/yy, you should be able to
use

BETWEEN DateSerial(CInt(Mid([NameOfPrompt], InStr([NameOfPrompt], "/") +
1)), CInt(Left([NameOfPrompt], InStr([NameOfPrompt], "/") - 1)), 1) AND
DateSerial(CInt(Mid([NameOfPrompt], InStr([NameOfPrompt], "/") + 1)),
CInt(Left([NameOfPrompt], InStr([NameOfPrompt], "/") - 1)) + 1, 0)

Just to clear up a misconception, though, the dates are NOT stored in
dd/mm/yy format. Dates in Access are stored as 8 byte floating point
numbers, where the integer portion represents the date as the number of days
relative to 30 Dec, 1899 and the decimal portion represents the time as a
fraction of a day. You might find it useful to read what Allen Browne has at
http://www.allenbrowne.com/ser-36.html or what I wrote in my September, 2003
"Access Answers" column in Pinnacle Publication's "Smart Access" (you can
read it for free at http://www.vb123.com/kb/200309_ds_aa.htm )

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele

"tina" <tina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi
> I would like to add a prompt to a query allowing user to enter month and
> year desired and show all records where matches criteria
> the date is in format dd/mm/yy
> so if users enters 04/10 at prompt they would get all data for april 2010
> or do I need to have start date and stop date
> thanks
> tina

0
Douglas
5/10/2010 3:03:10 PM
You can modify the WHERE clause of the SQL statement to include
something like this:

WHERE Format([datefield], "mm/yy") = [Please Enter Month/Year]

Or similarly in the Query Design view you add a field like:

myeah: Format([datefield], "mm/yy")

With criteria:  [Please Enter Month/Year])

0
ghetto_banjo

Passing a variable to a select query.
Hi all, I am trying to select cmr from Customer table and pass this variable [Cust] to a query. When I open the form to select the customer it gets copied into the variable. So far no problem. When the OpenQuery executes, it asks for the parameter again. Class module linked to my forms option button : Private Sub Option2_Click() Dim Cust Set Cust = Cmr DoCmd.OpenQuery "CustBal", acNormal, acEdit End Sub Custbal query : PARAMETERS Cust Text; SELECT TbTrans1.Tranid, TbTrans1.Cmr, TbTrans1.date, TbTrans1.Amount FROM TbTrans1 WHERE Tbtrans1.Cmr LIKE '*' & [Cust] & ...

filter by date and action

Transaction Date VS Business Date

IF Function Format -- Microsoft Query
I am attempting to pull data from SQL data table into Excel for pivot table. Field_1 is a value; always positive. Field_2 is a text flag; either "C" or"D". Depending on the flag in Field_2; Field_1 is either positive or negative. What is the format of the entry in Microsoft Query so that a Field_3 can accurately be calculated? In Excel I would entry =if(Field_2="D",Field_1,-Field_1). In Access, the function would be IIF(Field_2="D",Field_1,-Field_1) Unfortunately I have no idea whether it will work with your SQL data. If that fails, you can a...

Post Dated Checks

How to sort by name then date?

Query combobox unbound column
Does anyone know if it is possible to run an append query referencing a column in a combobox. In otherwords, my combobox is bound to column 0 - ID and column 1 is the name. I want to append it to another table as the name, not ID? Thanks in advance, Bonnie Typically you would create a hidden text box like: Name: txtTheName Control Source: =ComboBox.Column(n) Visible: No Then reference txtTheName in place of the unbound column. Duane Hookom MS Access MVP "Bon" <Bon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9904A3B7-4B55-4F4E-976B-55249B436D...

strange date format problem

Combo values from query based on form fields
I am setting the values for a combo box in a form(s) via a query that 'filters' the results with criteria based upon the values of other fields on the form. The combo is a field that is bound. However, this is giving all kinds of problems ranging from Access completely crashing to being asked for the parameter values of those criteria fields when closing the form. I have tried making the combo an unbound field and then setting the value of the bound field to that unbound field after update, but that still leads to the same issues. How can I do this? As example - I have a form w...

CFileDialog : no prompt for wrong file extension.
hi Priyanka here. i am creating a CFileDialog box.my application has its exention as ..TPL. Now when i am saving a file with any other extension, like abc.exe or abc.doc or something like this, i want the dialog should prompt me for the wrong extension. i did it manually. but here, the dialog is getting disappeared and i have to open it again. People are suggesting to append the extension after the file name(ie. make it abc.exe.tpl). But i dont want the user should specify any dot, in the file name, which is considered as a part of filename. Please help. Thanks and regards, Priyanka Here is...

if statement with dates #2

LDAP query E2K3 for Address list
I want to create a address list and select from a certain OU all the Groups mentioned in that OU. in command promt I give the following command: dsquery group ou=name,ou=name,DC=domain,dc=nl the result is only the groups are displayed. Within ESM I want to enter the LDAP query for it. What should that be? Peter ...

Query Question
Please see the sql code below. What I am after is Sum of [RiskCount]. But due to the join, I get double counting and consequently wrong SUM. Is this an inherent limitaion of Sql? Can be it solved without breaking up the sql into two parts? Thanks for reading this post. CREATE TABLE #Location ( LocationID INT, RiskCount INT) CREATE TABLE #Coverage ( LocationID INT, Peril VARCHAR(10), Coverage VARCHAR(10), TSI Numeric(25,6)) INSERT INTO #Location VALUES (1,1) INSERT INTO #Location VALUES (2,1) INSERT INTO #Location VALUES (3,1) INSERT...

Counting Dates?

An expression for dates from and to

Returning only MAX(date) not all dates
I want to be able to list the most current date an item is checked out. As I was working through the query I used max as an aggregate function but I still can't get the simple result I want. I'd rather list the fields I have chosen and somehow select just the most current checkout date. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is my query: SELECT tblTerritory.TerritoryID, [TerritoryName] & " " & [TerritoryDescription] AS Description, tblTerritory.TerritoryTypeID, tblTerritoryType.TerritoryType, Max(tblTerritoryCheckout.DateCheckedOut) AS Checked...

System Date
Can anyone help me on how to force the system date to a member field of "Date" type? I could not find any help on msdn that comes with visual c++. Any hint or help will be appreciated. Thanks, Behrouzk Are you just trying to get the current date. You can use CTime::GetCurrentTime() or COleDateTime::GetCurrentTime() Tom "Behrouzk" <Behrouzk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8FA4B6B-73CE-4058-B50C-C9BEBAB67E68@microsoft.com... > Can anyone help me on how to force the system date to a member field of > "Date" type? I could not fi...

Conditional Formatting
Hi, I have a spreadsheet that is for tracking work. I would like to have conditional formatting so that if the date in column E is between todays date and 4 weeks away then make it blue, if it is a date that is after 4 weeks away then make it yellow but if it is in the past make it red. Can this be done with conditional formatting or does it need vba? Also it would be nice if the whole row changes colour even if just the condition is on the date which is in column E - but if that can't be done then just the cell is fine. Thanks Assume the dates start in E2, select all dates w...

Time and date problem
Hello I have spreadsheet cell (B1) that contains a date and time: 05/11/2003 13:45:50 I have another series of cells (A1 to A100) that contain an increment of 30 seconds: 30.00 I would like to add the seconds to the date and time putting the result in column C, I have tried to do: =B1+(A1/100000) but the answer is wrong by 4 seconds and then gets worse the further down the column I go. Can somebody show me how to add the seconds to the date please. Thanks Tom Tom, Right method, wrong divider! 86,400 secs in a day.. change your 100000 to 86400 and you're there. Nikos Y. (nyannaco ...

Exchange Address List Query not updating Active Directory
We run Exchange 2000 SP3 & have set up universal distribution groups in AD for our various companies, containing contacts for people at those companies. We have set up address lists in Exchange to pull the contacts from the distribution groups using queries. This has the affect of organising our GAL by company. This has worked well for several years, with changes made to the distribution groups appearing on our Outlook 200/2003 clients under the appropriate company heading in their address books. Recently we carried out some re-organisation of the distribution groups, using the fol...

Date subtraction -How to not show negative when 2nd date not entered
Hi, I have a section of a worksheet that just needs to show working days between two dates. For example, an order was entered on 9/2/07 and complete on 9/15/07 The formula =NETWORKDAYS(A1, A9) works perfectly except that until the "completed date" ise filled in, a negative number appears. Is there a way to have that remain blank until both dates have been entered? Thanks! Hi Edward, change your formula as =IF(A9="","",NETWORKDAYS(A1, A9)) -- Pranav Vaidya VBA Developer PN, MH-India If you think my answer is useful, please rate this post as an ANSWER...