Datasheet view font options are missing

Hi All,

    The font options for my Access (2002) datasheet view are missing.  All
the fonts show up for form design, just not the datasheet view.  Worse yet,
the font I'm stuck with in datasheet view doesn't display all western
characters properly.  I tried repairing the installation, but it didn't help.
Can anyone tell me how I might begin to fix this?

- max
0
Max
12/30/2007 5:34:15 AM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Max, this happened with the original relese of Access 2002 of you had many
fonts installed.

From memory, MS fixed it with one of the service packs. Install SP3 for
Office XP from:
    http://support.microsoft.com/sp

While you're there, grab the latest JET service pack as well.

If you cannot update, your only option might be to cull lots of fonts.

"Max Moor" <maxmoor@remove_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
>    The font options for my Access (2002) datasheet view are missing.  All
> the fonts show up for form design, just not the datasheet view.  Worse
> yet,
> the font I'm stuck with in datasheet view doesn't display all western
> characters properly.  I tried repairing the installation, but it didn't
> help.
> Can anyone tell me how I might begin to fix this?
>
> - max

0
Allen
12/30/2007 6:48:57 AM
"Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in news:#4dbPArSIHA.3864
@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl:

> Max, this happened with the original relese of Access 2002 of you had many
> fonts installed.
>
> From memory, MS fixed it with one of the service packs. Install SP3 for
> Office XP from:
>     http://support.microsoft.com/sp
>
> While you're there, grab the latest JET service pack as well.
>
> If you cannot update, your only option might be to cull lots of fonts.

Hi Allen,

    I do have a PILE of fonts installed.  I'll give these things a try.
Thanks for the pointers!

- Max
0
Max
12/31/2007 8:41:37 AM
"Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in news:#4dbPArSIHA.3864
@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl:

> Max, this happened with the original relese of Access 2002 of you had many
> fonts installed.
>
> From memory, MS fixed it with one of the service packs. Install SP3 for
> Office XP from:
>     http://support.microsoft.com/sp
>
> While you're there, grab the latest JET service pack as well.
>
> If you cannot update, your only option might be to cull lots of fonts.

Hi Again Allen,

    	Little by little, I whittled away fonts.  Once I got down to around
330, everything started working again.  THANK YOU!

- Max
0
Max
1/8/2008 7:13:05 AM
Wow. Might have been easier to apply the service pack.

:-)

> Hi Again Allen,
>
>    Little by little, I whittled away fonts.  Once I got down to around
> 330, everything started working again.  THANK YOU!
>
> - Max
0
Allen
1/8/2008 11:32:29 AM
"Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in news:#0oNpoeUIHA.1208
@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl:

> Wow. Might have been easier to apply the service pack.
>
>:-)

Sorry, Allen, I didn't mention...  I did the service pack first, but was
still broken.  The fact that deleting some after that made it work made me
wonder if I maybe had a bad font or something.  Now that it's working, I've
thought about putting some back, to see if it breaks again, but it hasn't
been high on my list.

Regards,
Max
0
Max

Urgent:objects missing in directory service
It appears that certain users entries have been deleted from the GAL but their d/base objects remain. How can we get the direciry objects back? Do we have to create a new malbox for the user, and assign in raw mode the same object value as the d/base entry? or is it simply a dds/is consistency adjuster? <stuart.salt@sportengland.org> wrote: >It appears that certain users entries have been deleted >from the GAL but their d/base objects remain. How can we >get the direciry objects back? Create the mailbox again. Use the full directory name from the "Mailbox resources...

Cloning a View in Dialog-based MFC Program, part 2
I've created a toolbar button fort he cloning operation and the function it calls invokes a constructor for a new view. Using the debugger I can see that this new view has all of the right data ... but it has no window! What's my next step? TIA Norm I dont know the context of your action but make sure that you make the view and its parent frame are both visible. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Norm Dresner" <ndrez@att.net> wrote in message news:Ex45b.125557$3o3.8831281@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > I've created a toolbar butt...

Unable to View Source
Recently, the "View Source" command has stopped working on HTML messages I receive. I'd like to reestablish this functionality but do not know how to do this. Any help would be appreciated. Scott Siderman <ssiderman@ahpnet.com> wrote: > Recently, the "View Source" command has stopped working > on HTML messages I receive. I'd like to reestablish this > functionality but do not know how to do this. Any help > would be appreciated. You are probably encountering the bug in Internet Explorer related to having a full cache. The workaround is to cle...

Adding by Font Color
OK I went into cpearson.com and copied the syntax for adding font by color in excel using vb I tried to enter it into a macro but i think i'm screwing up i went to the website with the instructions but i'm a moron and i'm not getting this am i suppose to be changing the syntax somehow or am i saving or entering the macro wrong all i know is when i enter the formula =sumbycolor(a1:e12,3,false) i'm either getting value? or a zero :( please help me -- onyx4813 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ onyx4813's Profile: http://www.excelfo...

Custom view error
I cannot determine why I get this error when I try to switch to a view I just created. There's nothing special going on in the worksheet. It's just a list which I have applied an Advanced Filter to, but which hides all non- matching data. Is the Advanced Filter not compatible with Custom Views? Thanks for any help you can offer. Kimberly ...

Execution plan for view
We are using SQL 2005/2008 std. I have a view that joins and self joins between two tables with various join criteria and the criteria is static. Once the view is created, we have a query that will join the view with another big table and the where clause has two parameters which are based on the big table. When this query runs with various values in the two parameters, I believe the execution plan will be cached based on the new feature, parameter sniffing in SQL 2005/2008. Is this correct? Furthermore, say a third parameter is introduced in this query, obviously the optimizer...

Datasheet Font
In Access Options one can set the Datasheet font. This applies to new forms with a datasheet and not existing Datasheets. Any way to set the font on existing Datasheets? I'm using AC 2007 with split forms. Thanks, James I don't run 2007, but a datatsheet form is pretty simple and quick to create in other versions. You use the forms wizard, assign the fields you want, and the form is created. Can't you change the Datasheet font to your choice in Options, then use the wizard to recreate the datasheet forms? You're talking about less than a minute a form. -- There's ALWAYS...

toolbar view
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I often view worksheets side by side in order to compare or tranfer data between them. But when I reduce the width to fit them beside each other the toolbar narrows too, making half of the custom toolbar functions inaccessable without clumsy re-widening first. This is a total pain. Can I separate the toolbars from the open page as per my old version of excel?? Click the double arrows ( >>) at the right end of the bar to display the hidden controls the bar is too narrow to display. The Standard Toolbar cannot ...

Document/View
I have a program for viewing point cloud data and I want to add a browse feature that would allow the user to select multiple data files at once. When in this mode the program would display the list of files that the user could either select, or chose a scan mode that would automatically scan through the list and display the data. This would be implemented as either a CFormView, or a CView with a floating dialog for the file list and scan buttons. My question is I am debating how to best implement the doc/view (or if I even should). I can see three options: 1. If I keep...

Datasheet Form
Dear all, I created a new form, then I put two unbound textbox. I modified his property to datasheet layout, but when I open it I can=B4t put more than one line of data. What can I do? Thanks Andr=E9. Can you use a continuous form instead? -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) <gatarossi@ig.com.br> wrote in message news:1185792638.118651.14560@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... Dear all, I created a new form, then I put two unbound textbox. I modified his property to datasheet layout, but when I open it I can�t put more than one line of ...

change font size of first character
I have a template that allows users to print business cards. It displays a form where they enter their name and three other lines of text. I would like to increase the font size of the first character in each word if the user enters the text in upper case. The code I'm using to capture the text from the form is: With ActiveDocument For intLoop1 = 1 To 10 .Bookmarks("Name" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2)).Range.InsertBefore txtName .Bookmarks("Title" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2) & "a").Range.InsertBef...

Missing import filter for Word! Like "WordPerfect 5.1 (UNIX)" ...
I'm missing much import filter on Office-Mac (specially WordPerfect 5.1 UNIX for Word.mac). Office 95/97/2000/XP for windows have much more useful import filter. Why all this filter are missing in Office.mac????? Or are all them included in an additional package????? Hi Dieter, This question has been answered over and over again in the Macintosh Word newsgroup. Take a gander in that newsgroup for your answer. Office does not ship with a converter because a converter has not been built that does a good job with converting. Details are here: http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/General/WordP...

CJK font files preview tool?
Is there a tool to preview CJK unicode font files without having to install the font first? In article <ew0Xe3lgKHA.5380@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, James wrote: > Is there a tool to preview CJK unicode font files without having to install > the font first? One trick I know of: If you doubleclick any font, installed or not, you'll see a preview, but it only includes the roman character set, so won't give you an idea what the CJK characters look like. But when you preview the font like this, Windows stealthily installs it (temporarily) behind the scenes. ...

Internal Drive Missing
I have an internal drive that has been installed for a couple of years but now isn't listed at all. It did not come with a recovery disc. How do I get the computer to recognize it? I have restarted the computer and still nothing. It's a good question but you're asking it in the wrong place. This forum is for Dynamics GP. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Elly" wrote: > I have an internal drive that has been installed for a couple of years but > now isn't listed at all. > It did not come with a recovery disc. > How do I get the computer to recognize it? >...

CPropertySheet View
How can I have a CPropertySheet in my view, as Excel does ? >How can I have a CPropertySheet in my view, as Excel does ? Have a look on MSDN for the SNAPVW sample for a basic property page view. For something that looks more like Excel's tabbed pages, have a look for Paul DiLascia's CFolderTabCtrl articles from April/May 1999 issues of MSJ. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq ...

Communication between Views
Hello. I have a few questions regarding User-Defined messages in MFC I have an SDI application with a CEditView and a second view using MFC Grid Control v2.25 (From The Code Project). What I want to code is a means for the grid view and CEditView to communicate. When the grid view is clicked on a particular column (which contains data from the document), I want to send a message that is received by the CEditView, which then displays information from the document. Is subclassing the best way to solve this problem? I currently have the compiler responding to clicks in the grid view (as evidenc...

Remove Access for the Delete option in PO Entry under Actions
Hi, In Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0, how do you remove the user’s ability to delete Purchase Orders? With the default setting of Purchasing Clerk Roll they are not allowed to “VOID” a document. I created the following task to have my users the ability to void. 1. MD GP | Tools | Setup | Security Tasks 2. Type: Series Posting Permissions 3. Security Option: Purchasing Voided Trx and Receivings Voided Trx 4. Series: Purchasing 5. Dictionary: MD GP What I’m looking for is the best way to take away the Delete access for some users. Thus far I’ve been printing the Security Task Setu...

Filter History associated view
When I view the history of an account, is there a way of filtering the activities depending on the user viewing it(or a team he belongs to) so that you only see the activities done by one department/user for that specific account ? ...

View classes
I've always found it strange that you never explicitly instantiate the View classes (those that derive from CView). I guess MFC does that for you behind the scenes? Are there other classes in MFC like this, or are the Views the only ones? bob@coolgroups.com wrote: > I've always found it strange that you never explicitly instantiate the > View classes (those that derive from CView). I guess MFC does that > for you behind the scenes? Are there other classes in MFC like this, > or are the Views the only ones? MFC instantiates the CDocument, CView and CFrameWnd behind th...

Can view all messages except those in Inbox
I am ghosting new computers and signing on with that users networ username and password. Outlook shows all messages in folders excep those in the Inbox, even though the status bar shows the number of rea and unread mail. There are no filters applied. When I log off as tha user and sign on as Administrator I can see all messages in the Inbox This workstation is Windows 2000 on Exchange 5.5 server. Any ideas a to how to fix this problem ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.Ou...

abnormal font
i use excel2000 sp3. i have situation that the font size value seems to look like 40 although it appears as 12 in the function window. when i change from 12 to 11, it shows the correct size. although, when i preserved and closed and then re-opened, again the character looks like 40 which as a result the excel file looks like a mess. is this a bug? or what patches are available? A few years ago, a coworker had the same trouble. Our ITS department installed a new driver for his video card and all was well. Maybe.... hal9000 wrote: > > i use excel2000 sp3. > i have situation t...

[Money2007] Cleared or Reconcilied and other font problem
Hello, what does they mean? What's the difference? Another question: in my Working budget I see strange characters (like squaes in the values of column % of income. Does anybody has this problem? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Pippo wrote: >Hello, >what does they mean? > >What's the difference? Cleared means that the bank has that transaction recognize, such as a check having cleared. Reconciled means that you have checked that the cleared transactions add up to what the bank thinks they have added up to. Those were not "official" but just my rough des...

Tracking option in outlook 2003
Hi, Is there any limitation for Tracking option in outlook 2003 .I enabled tracking option and sent a mail to 60 people.Thought they accepted it still showas as none .DO you know why? Regards, Divyakumar Which Tracking option did you use and did you receive any receipts? Also so see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/342 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "D...

How to untick options in toolbars.
Hi All, i want to untick the standard,formating,Borders etc. options i toolbars list option. see the attachment. Thanks&Regards, Amar.. +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: Untick Toolbar list option....doc |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3941 +------------------------------------------------------------------- -- aredd ----------------------------------------------------------------------- areddy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2820 View t...

Layout View
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC This is a new issue beginning yesterday when using Word and I'm creating a NEW document text cannot be seen in the PAGE LAYOUT view. TEXT IS being entered when I type but it is INVISIBLE nor can I see the cursor. (FYI, my text color is black and my background color is white.) When I switch to Outline or Normal views I can then see what text I've typed. Also, if I open documents I created prior to this issue I can see the text just fine in Page Layout view. I suspect a setting has changed but I've n...