Datasheet Form

Dear all,

I created a new form, then I put two unbound textbox. I modified his
property to datasheet layout, but when I open it I can=B4t put more than
one line of data. What can I do?

Thanks

Andr=E9.

0
gatarossi
7/30/2007 10:50:38 AM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Can you use a continuous form instead?

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

<gatarossi@ig.com.br> wrote in message
Dear all,

I created a new form, then I put two unbound textbox. I modified his
property to datasheet layout, but when I open it I can�t put more than
one line of data. What can I do?

Thanks

Andr�.

0
Douglas
7/30/2007 10:59:27 AM
On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 03:50:38 -0700, gatarossi@ig.com.br wrote:

>Dear all,
>
>I created a new form, then I put two unbound textbox. I modified his
>property to datasheet layout, but when I open it I can�t put more than
>one line of data. What can I do?

Is the form Bound? I know your two textboxes are not, but you can have unbound textboxes on bound forms. If the form is
bound, the form will show only the records in the underlying recordsource. If it's not bound, then it'll only show one
record at a time ...

If it IS bound: Have you set the form to AllowAdditions? Check this in the Design view of the form ...

>Thanks
>
>Andr�.

Scott McDaniel
scott@takemeout_infotrakker.com
www.infotrakker.com
0
Scott
7/30/2007 11:17:19 AM
Dear Scott/Douglas,

The form is unbound too. I'm trying to put the datas as we put in a
excel's sheet, then I will try to uptade the table with a consult of
update/insert.

Is it possible?

Thanks

Andr=E9.

0
gatarossi
7/30/2007 1:59:25 PM
On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 06:59:25 -0700, gatarossi@ig.com.br wrote:

>Dear Scott/Douglas,
>
>The form is unbound too. I'm trying to put the datas as we put in a
>excel's sheet, then I will try to uptade the table with a consult of
>update/insert.

AFAIK, the Unbound form will show only one record whether you use Datasheet or Continuous view as Doug suggests. I'm not
sure how you'd go about doing this ... there's always Grid controls (the Janus GridEx works in the Access environment
and would do what you want), or the MSFlexGrid ...

>Is it possible?
>
>Thanks
>
>Andr�.

Scott McDaniel
scott@takemeout_infotrakker.com
www.infotrakker.com
0
Scott

Autonumber synchronization between subform & main form
I have a main form (EVENT) whose PK is an autonumber (EVENTID) and a second field (EVENTNUMBER) which may or may not be unique, hence my use of the autonumber. I then have 10 suforms (each with FK as an autonumber EMP1...EMP10 and EVENTNUMBER) that need to be linked based on the main form autonumber (EVENTID). This is where I'm running into problems. I need the subform autonumbers to stay in synch with the main form autonumber, however, not all 10 subforms will be populated for each single record entered (at minimum only 1 subform will be populated). My form is for data entry p...

Datasheet Font
In Access Options one can set the Datasheet font. This applies to new forms with a datasheet and not existing Datasheets. Any way to set the font on existing Datasheets? I'm using AC 2007 with split forms. Thanks, James I don't run 2007, but a datatsheet form is pretty simple and quick to create in other versions. You use the forms wizard, assign the fields you want, and the form is created. Can't you change the Datasheet font to your choice in Options, then use the wizard to recreate the datasheet forms? You're talking about less than a minute a form. -- There's ALWAYS...

Input form
Hi, How complicated is it to create a form so the user can input things like date range, dept, group, etc. and then have another form to pop up with the data based on the inputs? What do I need to know to make this happen? I’ll probably need to read more about forms and subforms but what is the general process? Thanks! On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 06:38:01 -0700, AccessKay <AccessKay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: You can certainly build a form to do this, but it is already built-in. Check "Query by Form" menu option. You would run it on your main form and it al...

Passing value from form to sub-form
How do I do this? Specifically, when the form(s) open I want to set the value of an option group on the sub-form. JimP wrote: >How do I do this? > >Specifically, when the form(s) open I want to set the value of an option >group on the sub-form. > Use the Load event instead of the Open event: Me.subformcontrol.Form.optionframe = somevalue -- Marsh MVP [MS Access] ...

filter combobox in sub form by field in main form
I have a main form called fExtraHours - Fields are PMID and DateID I want to filter a combo box (ProjID) in the subform(fExtraHoursSub) by the PMID. I want the combo box (ProjID) to only list the projects associated with the PMID in the main form. Please help -- deb add a combo box linked to your pmid field make the rowsource a sql statement: SELECT tblProj.PMID, tblProj.ProjID FROM tblProj WHERE (((tblProj.PMID)=[Forms]![Form1]![PMID])); "deb" wrote: > > I have a main form called fExtraHours - Fields are PMID and DateID > > I want to filter a combo box (...

Combo List Code link on the Main Form
Hi, I am trying to get a link on the form that has a field to link the combo list. Each record has the different combo list. Query - DATA has the field call GroupCD Table for Combo List has two fields..... GroupCD and List On the form, I want the GroupCD link to GroupCD (ComboList) so that each record has the own combo based on the table (Combo List). Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks I have read this over and over. I see this posted several times with no responses. I believe that everyone is still not understanding what you are asking. Tell you what: Have someone s...

autofill a form
I would like to fill a form after entering the IDnbr of an employee. For example: Fields: IDnbr Lname Fname address department On the form I want to enter the IDnbr and have the other fields above filled in automatically. I'm using MS Access 97 with Windows XP. Thanks in advance for your help. John John, Actually, you don't want to save that information to a table. Since you're capturing the IDNbr, you can always "display" all the other associated information on your form. I suggest using a combo box (ex. cboIDNbr) IDnbr LName FName etc... An unbou...

excel with forms
I have a palm and i want visit customers to register the sells in my palm How I can register and control payment and sells in excel ? My itens are 30 in total. thanks for suggestions and examples .xls Vivian ...

Nested tabbed forms
My database is designed for entering data requests. There are fields to be answered for every request taken and then, depending on the type of data, certain other questions may be asked. In order to save space, I created tabbed forms and nested other tabbed forms in them via subforms. I did this so that some questions could be sort of "hidden" from the main form and could be viewed only if a particular record needed to ask those questions. My problem is that using tabbed forms via subforms does not link the answers to those questions to that particular record. How can I have...

acess form: how can I have more than 2 people modify it?
someone told me about the bcm v2 - what is that? I've only found it for outlook... it should make 5 people open and modify the form I've created in Access, is this right? I'd like to know how I can have a shared folder with an Access Form be used by several people at the same time, not just one. Is this possible? If someone could help me on this I'd greatly appreciate it. Never heard of bcm v2, but the rest of your question is fairly common. With an Access application you want to be available for multiple users, here is the correct way to deploy it. First, let me say D...

printing a user form
How can I print all of a user form that is bigger than the screen and uses a scroll bar? Can you change the pc's display properties? Windows start button|settings|control panel|display applet Settings Tab I changed from 1024x768 to 1280x1024 and could see a bit more. (Some pc's (win95???) require a reboot for this to take affect. (Win98 didn't require one.)) (can you print portions at a time if that fails???) matt wrote: > > How can I print all of a user form that is bigger than the > screen and uses a scroll bar? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

custom forms
I modified saved and am using a custom form for new business prospects/contacts. I would like to apply the new form to existing contacts. how do i do that? Either one of these tools will do what you need DocMessageClass http://www.publicshareware.com/public-share-outlook-utilities.php ContactGenie Toolkit - Message Class functions (no purchase required for the MsgClass functions) http://www.contactgenie.com/toolkit_4_outlook.htm Karl -- ____________________________________________________________ Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group ContactGenie - QuickPort/DataPort/Ex...

Datasheet Form
Dear all, I created a new form, then I put two unbound textbox. I modified his property to datasheet layout, but when I open it I can=B4t put more than one line of data. What can I do? Thanks Andr=E9. Can you use a continuous form instead? -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) <gatarossi@ig.com.br> wrote in message news:1185792638.118651.14560@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... Dear all, I created a new form, then I put two unbound textbox. I modified his property to datasheet layout, but when I open it I can�t put more than one line of ...

A realtion from one form to the same form?
Hi all, In a database of mine I've made a form where my users are going to register persons. There are many fields in the form, among them autonumber, name, address, phone numbers and so on. There is also a field into which they shall put the autonumber given to the person's wife or husband who have allready been registered in the form. I want the form to show name the wife or husband when her or his autonumber is put into the right field. But I wonder how do I do this? As I see it I need a one-to-many relation from the autonumber field in the table to the wife-or-husband fiel...

Form Header and Footer Not Being Displayed
Access 2007. I have a form that I just changed to show the form header and footer they show up in design view but don't appear in form view. JamesJ wrote: > Access 2007. > I have a form that I just changed to show the form header and footer > they show up in design view but don't appear in form view. You probably used "Page" header/footer instead of "Form" header/footer. The former is only used for printing. -- Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP Email (as appropriate) to... RBrandt at Hunter dot com You'r right. I should wait for the...

Update textbox on form
The following are events on two combo boxes on a subform "NewJobsSubform", the first sets the rowsource of the second and also sets a default value in the second. The second event sets the value in the text box "Sell" to the price associated with the RepProduct in cboRepProduct - collected from the table "RepairProducts". "Private Sub cboCatName_AfterUpdate() On Error Resume Next Me.cboRepProduct.RowSource = "SELECT RepairProduct.RepProduct FROM" & _ " RepairProduct WHERE CatName = '" & Me.cboCatName.Value...

Form C++ Forum
Which forum should I post requests to for c++ form info. Investigation forms server in c++ and have the sample working but which to ask some design questions - should I post here?? Answers on a post card please :o) There is a newsgroup specifically for general Outlook programming issues = "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba or, via web = interface, at = http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=3Dmicroso= ft.public.outlook.program_vba Or if you're building an Outlook add-in use = microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins --=20 Sue ...

Datasheets
Hi, A couple of questions on datasheets, if I may. 1. Is there any way to have column header names over two or more lines? 2. Is it possible when a cell is selected (Clicked, or double clicked for example) to determine the cell position? The second question is to superimpose a control over the selected cell to allow edits. I am displaying a crosstab query on a datasheet form, but need to edit cell contents. My plan is to overlay a control on the selected cell, then programatically make the necessary updates to the underlying table directly from code. I'm happy enough with the ge...

OPenign an Excel sheet form Access
Hello everyone, I would like to open a shared excel spreadsheet on our server by using a button from Access. Can I use the runApp macro for this? If so what do I need to do...I have little experience with macros. Thanks. Add a button to your form add an onclick event and then enter the following code application.followhyperlink "c:\...\...\...\excel.xls" obviously replace the "c:\...\...\...\excel.xls" with the path and filename of the excel file you wish to open. -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault "Amanda" wrote: > Hello everyone, > &g...

changing field size in forms
How can I change the field size appearence on forms? I have a form with the fields "client name", "client phone" and "client adress". I want them to appear with different sizes, but I can only change the margins all at one time... I can't figure out where to do this! Can someone help, please? Is this Access 2007? If so: 1. Open the form in design view (or layout view.) 2. Select all the controls (Ctrl+A.) 3. On the Arrange tab of the ribbon, in the Control Layout group, click Remove. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for...

Changing Names of Multiple Cell Link Ranges
I have a series of drop down boxes created with the Forms menu. The cell link range for each dropdown is different, as follows: Cell Link Box1 = DemandBase_A_UndistExp1 Cell Link Box2 = DemandBase_A_UndistExp2 Cell Link Box3 = DemandBase_A_UndistExp3 Cell Link Box...n = DemandBase_A_UndistExp...n I want to change them all at once to: DemandBase_A_OtherCost1 DemandBase_A_OtherCost2 DemandBase_A_OtherCost... I know I can change the entire name using the following code: Sub Change_Drop_Link() For Each bx In ActiveSheet.DropDowns If bx.LinkedCell = "DemandBase_A_UndistExp1" Then ...

idle forms
How do code an idle form (idle for mare than two minutes) to close and open main form? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200707/1 Thanks, I tried that and that event closes the form even if it is not idle. This the something to add to that event other than time incrimates? Dennis wrote: >Use the form's "ON TIMER" event. > >> How do code an idle form (idle for mare than two minutes) to close and open >> main form? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com I think you are on th...

floating datasheet
I dont see the floating datasheet with charts in Excel 2000. I have user who has created a chart and wants to hide/remove data and add more data to the chart without recreating the chart each time. Can someone help please? Mary - The floating data sheet is part of MS Graph, the watered down charting utility that makes the default chart types in other Office apps, like PowerPoint and Word. Excel's charts deal directly with data in the worksheets. You can manipulate the worksheet data range to change what the charts are plotting. If there are some specific problems the user is hav...

Form Layout
At the moment the maximum number of fields that can be laid out horizontally on a form is three. This is quite limiting when, for example, there are numerous custom fields that need to be incorporated on the form. Only allowing three (and also no control over the size of the field box) makes for very inefficient use of screen space. Products such as Goldmine are a very good example of how much information can be packed into a single screen, in an efficient manner. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To...

query criteria from form
Hi, I have a table that contains many yes/no fields. "Attribute 1", "Attribute 2", "Attribute 3", etc. I would like to set up a query whose criteria for these fields comes from a form with a check box for each field. I tried using a reference to a check box control on a form as the criteria in the query. For example, the criteria for "Attribute 1" in the query would be [forms]![formname].[Attribute 1] I named the control after the field. The problem with this is, since every field has this criteria, if Attribute 1 is checked on the ...