Database will not work on another pc?

I have a database (with some VBA modules) that I gave to someone else to look
at. The databse works fine on my pc and I have installed in on three other
boxes and they all worked fine.
His pc, for some reason, first give a "Compile error" when he starts to run
the application. I think asked him to look at the module (to see if I could
help him debug) and he gets a message that says the module is locked? Plus
under tools the references is grayed out?
Anyone have any ideas whay this would happen on a certain pc? All of the
pc's are running XP. It is a 2003 database running on office 03.
Thanks for your help.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 13:27:01 -0800, AJ <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a database (with some VBA modules) that I gave to someone else to look
>at. The databse works fine on my pc and I have installed in on three other
>boxes and they all worked fine.
>His pc, for some reason, first give a "Compile error" when he starts to run
>the application. I think asked him to look at the module (to see if I could
>help him debug) and he gets a message that says the module is locked? Plus
>under tools the references is grayed out?
>Anyone have any ideas whay this would happen on a certain pc? All of the
>pc's are running XP. It is a 2003 database running on office 03.
>Thanks for your help.

Did you give him the original .mdb file - or a .mde? In the latter, the module
would be compiled and not editable, and the references would indeed be locked
down.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
2/5/2008 4:25:14 AM
Hi John - No I gave him the original mdb file? Can it have anything to do
with the digital signature. I added on when I created the database but when
he goes into the visual basic editor, tools, there is NO digital signature
field??
Also when he opens the database, it does not prompt him telling him that the
database is from an unknown source. Any ideas??

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 20:44:00 -0800, AJ <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi John - No I gave him the original mdb file? Can it have anything to do
>with the digital signature. I added on when I created the database but when
>he goes into the visual basic editor, tools, there is NO digital signature
>field??
>Also when he opens the database, it does not prompt him telling him that the
>database is from an unknown source. Any ideas??

What version? What operating systems (on both machines)?

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
2/5/2008 6:02:32 AM
John I am confused. We both have XP on our machines.
I have office 2003 but when I go to make an MDE file, it states that I need
to convert it to 2003 before I do that? If I have 2003 why would it have
created in 2000? I then convert to 2003 and I think that is why he is having
trouble on his pc because he has 2002?
I am a complete novice with all this stuff and am really confused as to what
to do. Any suggestions? Should I jsut tell him to upgrade to 2003? Would that
fix it? How come you cannot make an MDE in 2002 version?
Thanks a ton John!

On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 05:34:00 -0800, AJ <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>John I am confused. We both have XP on our machines.
>I have office 2003 but when I go to make an MDE file, it states that I need
>to convert it to 2003 before I do that? If I have 2003 why would it have
>created in 2000? I then convert to 2003 and I think that is why he is having
>trouble on his pc because he has 2002?
>I am a complete novice with all this stuff and am really confused as to what
>to do. Any suggestions? Should I jsut tell him to upgrade to 2003? Would that
>fix it? How come you cannot make an MDE in 2002 version?
>Thanks a ton John!

Access 2000, 2002 and 2003 all default to creating databases in 2000 format.
There is also a 2002/2003 format (they are identical).

There is a quirk with MDE's though: although 2002/3 can and will create mdb's
in 2000 format, they will NOT create mde's in that format. You must convert
(using tools... convert on the menu) to 2002/3 format before making the mde.

I really don't think this is why your friend can't use the database though! If
it's a mdb, and if they have full retail Access, they should be able to do so;
there is something else going on.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John

Access Database Conversion to Excel Database
I need to convert a downloaded database in Access format to an Excel format I can use on my desktop. Hi Greg One way Use Data>Import External Data in the menubar -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "greg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b0f301c3ec2b$2b12d830$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I need to convert a downloaded database in Access format > to an Excel format I can use on my desktop. ...

Nothing shows up in Database objects in Database Wizard
Hello, I am having touble with Visio 2003 once again. Though the db wizard, I created an excel spreadsheet (table) for data and am tryinig to link the chart back to this original database so that when I change something in the database it will change correspondingly. I am going back through the DB wizard, and can only get as far as selecting a database object to connect to. I have selected the original dada source, checked table, but nothing showes up under the database objects. Am I or my computer missing something? Please help! Thank You. Have you defined a name for the region ...

Rear Speakers Not Working But Work in Audio Manager???
My speakers quick working. I have speakers plugged into Rear Speaker Out Jack and Headphones plugged into the Main Line Out Jack (manual says good for headphones) and a Mic plugged into the Mic Jack. This has been working fine up until a few days ago but now I can only hear from my headphones and nothing from my speakers. I checked in the Realtek HD Audioi Manager and everything seems to be set right and when I run the Speaker Configuration Test, the rear speakers work fine and I can also hear from the heatpones. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you. Win Vista, onboard...

Huge database
Good afternoon, i have to make a huge database wich have to get data from excel file.That is not a big problem problem is that i have to get information for about 1000 families with 1000 elements for every family and this database have to storage this information at leaset one year. This make a huge pack of elements. Can Microsoft Access get so huge pack of data ? If yes i would be glad to read some ideas. Thanks If you are talking about 1000 columns in a table, Access can't do it. 255 is the upper limit. 1,000 * 1,000 is potentially a million records. However if the data is pr...

linking 2 databases in 1
Hi, I am running 2 hqs for 2 different purposes, now the company decided to use 1 hq for both purpose. How can i link the 2 databases into 1 database???? I tired to link them from SQL server enterprise manager-all task- export data from database A to B but some tables can not be exported and show me tables failure, is it possible to link them or im just trying something impossible? Advice me on that plZzzzZZzz -- Aliko ...

Importing Current Database into CRM Database
Hi, I would just like to know if it is possible to tranfer my current database into the Adventure Works Database(and if so how) or is it used just for a few records for testing purposes. You help will be highly appreciated... there is a redeployment tool on support.microsoft.com/downloads under microsoft crm. This may help you. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Rock619" <rodger@intervigil.com> wrote in message news:5728edd40161d2cca1c0e079cfd86665@localhost.talkaboutsoftware.com... > Hi, > > I would just like to know if it is pos...

HELP !! OCX control in a DLL doesnt' work
Sorry for my previous message: I posted it in italian... I've creared a DLL that exports a CWinThread class, this thread creates a CDialog modeless that contains an OCX object. Here is dialog constructor Create(CParent::IDD,NULL); mObject.AttachControlSite(this,IDC_OCX1); mObject is the class wrapper for ocx control When I call some methods of control I get COleException exceptions whith error code equal DISP_E_TYPEMISMATCH, DISP_E_BADPARAMCOUNT or other. With a little number of methods it works a no exception are generated. Control works perfectly in "normal" application ...

how to start a database
hi guys, i want to start a database on excel 2000, i never had to do this before, and i know this can be done. i just dont know where to start from ! what i want to do is, it is a racing club, i want a listing of all pilot and a sheet where we can enter the number of the car(all pilot info need will be transfer) for final result of the race.(right now they enter the car no, name , city at every race at every registration, if he is register to 3 race they do the process 3 time.) like in access went we create the database and after the query, that what i want to do in excel. any tip or link...

How can I activate German (Swiss) spelling (NOT WORKING!!!!!)
Hi I have bought a office:2004 for students in SWITZERLAND.=20 Now when I choose Language German (Swiss) it is not working the = spelling=20 correction. and I get always bugs that I should install German (Swiss).=20 How do I have to do that it works? German is not German in Switzerland. I don=B4t pay so much many that is = not=20 working in my language. You couldn=B4t recognize from the package that=20 German(Swiss) is not working. ...

Use query from another database
Hi In the code below is there a way that qryOrderHistory could be in a separate database. If so how would i refer to it in the code. Thanks Dim db As DAO.Database Dim qd As DAO.Querydef Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Set db = CurrentDb Set qd = db.QueryDefs("qryOrderHistory") qd.Parameters("prmCustNo") = lngCustNo Set rs = qd.OpenRecordset() If Not rs.Eof Then .... code to populate an excel spreadsheet Change your 'Set db = CurrentDb' line to something like the following .. Set db = DbEngine.OpenDatabase("full path and name of target MDB here") -- ...

Database Queries with database views, that base on many database t
I created 2 database views. Each of them uses 256 database tables. From every database table only one column is used in the select list of the view. Every database table has one column which is used for the join. Each database table has 5 rows. The database tables have not any foreign keys and indexes. Both views works fine. When I use the database views in a query like this: SELECT v1.*, v2.* FROM v1, v2 WHERE v1.id=v2.id I should get 5 rows with 512 columns in the resultset. But I get the following error from the SQL-Server (after about 5 minutes): Msg 8621, Level 17, State 2...

how do I make a number entered in one table subtract from another
I made a table to track quantity of personal protective equipment, and another table to track who the equipment was issued to and the quantity given. How do I make the quantity issued subtract from the quantity on hand? You don't have enough tables! You need: TblPerson PersonID FirstName LastName <other person fields as needed> TblPersonalProtectiveEquip PersonalProtectiveEquipID PersonalProtectiveEquipItem PersonalProtectiveEquipInventory TblPersonalProtectiveEquipDistribution PersonalProtectiveEquipDistributionID PersonID PersonalProtectiveEquipID Personal...

OWA 2k3 always redirects to another OWA 2k
Hi, I added e2k3 server near e2k in the same routing group and domain and create test user with mailbox on e2k3 server. When I try to open test mail box via OWA 2k3, it redirects me to e2k server. I set no any front-end server becase I want to move all mailboxes from e2k to e2k3 server and remove e2k server entirely. Why OWA 2k3 redirects? Best regards, Vit. Matthew, Thank you very much, it really helps, I don't know why. Best regards, Vit. "Matthew Tisdel" <MatthewTisdel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA09DDD9-22F2-4344-BCC7-3E12B1C687F7@microsof...

Impact of changing database column width?
Hi, We are a software product company and are planning to begin using the Contract Administration module. To do so, we will be switching our inventory items from Track: None to Track: Serial Numbers and we will be storing our software license keys in the Serial Number field which is column SERLTNUM in table SOP10201. Unfortunately, SERLTNUM is CHAR(21) and our license keys are a few characters wider than 21. We can get the keys down to 21 characters by removing three embedded hyphens, but there are several databases outside of GP where the license keys must still exist with...

Allforms Collection in another db (A2007)
I want to walk through the Allforms collection (and the querydefs, etc collections) from one db("object") to another("source") (both A2007). I want to use the last modified date from the source db to populate a listbox on the object db. I'll then ask the user to select the forms (queries, etc.) he wants to transfer to the object db. Similar to the Access Wizard, except the Access Import wizard doesn't tell me anything about the forms, queries, etc. I'm transferring. Anyway, how do I refer to the forms collection on another database using vba? ...

Set Database in Excel
In Microsoft article 183446 under method 2, it refers to using "Set Database" on the Data menu. I am using Excel 2002 (the article says it applies to Excel 2002), but Set Database does not appear in my Data menu. Is this an error? It's an error due, I think, to very old menu structures. The article says that the information applies to everything from version 5.0 (1995) through 2003, inclusive. But I believe that the Set Database menu item disappeared from the Data menu as of Excel 97. And one has long defined a name using the Insert menu, not the Formula menu. But my rapidl...

Using Outlook 2002 @ work and home
I have Outlook 2002 running on an XP Pro laptop. At work the laptop is in a AD domain(wired), and at home the laptop is using a Linsys wireless router for connectivity. Using Outlook at work is fine. I can send and receive messages without a hitch. The problem is when I leave my domain at work. I cannot send emails if I try to send mail to a recipiant that dosen't have my suffix of @pellatn.com. The weird thing is that I can receive mail from anyone. I don't understand why I can receive mail from any address, but I'm limited to sending messages to my fellow pellatn...

upgraded from MSSQL 2000 to MSSQL 2005 now database's users have
Hello. I updated the MSSQL 2000 server to MSSQL 2005 server now the database's users have no login names. I found a way to list orphaned users sp_change_users_login 'Report' but it only listed dbo and there are actually five listed with MSSQL Server Management Studio Express. I tried this sp_change_users_login 'update_one', 'RPS', 'RPS' but I get the following error the user name 'RPS' is absent or invalid. Any ideas? Try with Auto_Fix instead; see the example at the end of the following article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/...

Client access problem after databases restoration
Hello! Recently we had a problem with an Exchange 2003 Back-End server with 6 mailbox store distributed thru 4 SG, and we lost the databases because the SAN's disks partitions were deleted by mistake. So, we had to do a restore from a backup, but when we could not mount the stores, so we used eseutil /p command, and after, eseutil /d, and then isinteg -s servername -fix -test alltests. We could mount the stores, users can use email. The problem now is that we have some users that could not access their mailbox thru Outlook, and when we try to move to another store, we receive an ...

database or other software?
I need help with the following situation: I want to create files or a database that will contain information about my clients, with their business information (i.e address, phone, fax, type of business, in which states they do business) to send an invitation to bid on a construction project. I want , where a database would fill out the information automatically on the bid invitation, then fax, or email the invitation to each selected clients according to their specialty. Then I will need to keep track of who answers my invitations in order to "weed out" clients who do...

Moving sum from one cell to another cell
Hello, Brand new to this forum and fairly new to Excel. I have created a for for keeping up with loan activity our farm makes to it's employees. Attached find a copy of the form. What I am wondering is whether it i possible to take the "loan balance" (which is the red cell on th right) and transfer that value to the "previous balance" cell (th other red cell to the left and staggered down one row) and have thi operation repeatable each time a loan entry is made. I only want th loan balance number duplicated only once for each seperate entry in th previous balance c...

Form in another database
How can I check if an Access form is open or loaded when the form is in another Access application (mdb or nde file). Alex ...

Attendance Database Setup
I am creating an attendance database for my company. There are 19 different departments in the company and each manager tallies his/her own employee attendances. I had a spreadsheet set up, but it wasn't on a rolling calendar basis. Then, I was going to have the managers delete old months, but that would most likely mess with the formulas. So the new spreadsheet needs to be on a rolling calendar basis, so that when a new month comes up, the previous month from last year will drop off in calculations. My file has three worksheets, one titled "Summary", one titled "Detail...

Sorting one worksheet from another worksheet
I am wanting to sort data in a worksheet from a command button on a different worksheet. I want the focus to stay (or at least return) to the worksheet containing the command button. Is this even possible? If so, could someone supply a sample of code? Both worksheets are in the same workbook. Using excel 2003 . Yes. The trick is to not select the other sheet. Option Explicit Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim wks As Worksheet Dim myRng As Range Set wks = Me.Parent.Worksheets("Sheet2") 'some other sheet With wks Set my...

Recover a Prod content database to Dev farm
Hello, I was wondering is it possible to recover (copy) a content database from a seperate farm to a Dev farm? I came across a few hints about using the "Copy the database files to a network folder" option, but nothing concrete. I'd appreciate if someone could clarify this for me? regards, Edgar You can recovery a database to a network location. We have the following options: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb808956.aspx You will see the details in the "Tasks" section -- Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K...