Database synchronism problem

I have a database on the LAN. The problem is when any user open it other users can not open it. What should I do to make all users use it without any interruption?Thx.
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

ghost wrote:> I have a database on the LAN. The problem is when any user open it> other users can not open it. What should I do to make all users use> it without any interruption?> Thx.    There are a number of possible issues.  What kind of error message is generated?  A common problem is one user opening the database in "Exclusive" mode which of course means them exclusively.-- Joseph Meehan Dia 's Muire duit
0
Joseph

synchronizing my treo' 650 with the new 07 Outlook.
Is this possible? and if so where do I find the info? Any suggestions? Where do you find any info? Palm. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, New but knowledgeable asked: | Is this possible? and if so where do I find the info? Any suggestions? ...

Access Database Conversion to Excel Database
I need to convert a downloaded database in Access format to an Excel format I can use on my desktop. Hi Greg One way Use Data>Import External Data in the menubar -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "greg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b0f301c3ec2b$2b12d830$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I need to convert a downloaded database in Access format > to an Excel format I can use on my desktop. ...

Nothing shows up in Database objects in Database Wizard
Hello, I am having touble with Visio 2003 once again. Though the db wizard, I created an excel spreadsheet (table) for data and am tryinig to link the chart back to this original database so that when I change something in the database it will change correspondingly. I am going back through the DB wizard, and can only get as far as selecting a database object to connect to. I have selected the original dada source, checked table, but nothing showes up under the database objects. Am I or my computer missing something? Please help! Thank You. Have you defined a name for the region ...

Huge database
Good afternoon, i have to make a huge database wich have to get data from excel file.That is not a big problem problem is that i have to get information for about 1000 families with 1000 elements for every family and this database have to storage this information at leaset one year. This make a huge pack of elements. Can Microsoft Access get so huge pack of data ? If yes i would be glad to read some ideas. Thanks If you are talking about 1000 columns in a table, Access can't do it. 255 is the upper limit. 1,000 * 1,000 is potentially a million records. However if the data is pr...

linking 2 databases in 1
Hi, I am running 2 hqs for 2 different purposes, now the company decided to use 1 hq for both purpose. How can i link the 2 databases into 1 database???? I tired to link them from SQL server enterprise manager-all task- export data from database A to B but some tables can not be exported and show me tables failure, is it possible to link them or im just trying something impossible? Advice me on that plZzzzZZzz -- Aliko ...

Outlook printout Problem
My computer installing windows XP ,IE6 and MS Outlook 2003. My problem outlook printout only header is printed out and not print out of content Are these messages in HTML? HTML messages are rendered and printed by Internet Explorer components, so one of these articles might help: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q272518 Only the Text at the Top of the Web Page Is Printed http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q271583 Blank Page Is Printed in Internet Explorer 5.5 Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imagin...

Importing Current Database into CRM Database
Hi, I would just like to know if it is possible to tranfer my current database into the Adventure Works Database(and if so how) or is it used just for a few records for testing purposes. You help will be highly appreciated... there is a redeployment tool on support.microsoft.com/downloads under microsoft crm. This may help you. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Rock619" <rodger@intervigil.com> wrote in message news:5728edd40161d2cca1c0e079cfd86665@localhost.talkaboutsoftware.com... > Hi, > > I would just like to know if it is pos...

Outlook 2003
Either I've found a bug, or I've got something really broken. With Outlook 2003 (latest patch installed) if I select to reply or forward by attaching the message, my signature isn't placed in the message. If however I select the option to include the text then the signature is attached. This is completely reproducable and I can't find anything about it online. So, anybody else see this? Anybody know how to fix it so that the signature is attached, even when I attach the message to a reply or forward? Thanks. Rob Yes, I'm having the same problem and haven'...

Remote Web Workplace displays problems
-- Frustrated You might want to post this in a more appropriate group, this group is for Microsoft Exchange questions. I would also recommend you provide more information about the problem. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Pollywog" <Pollywog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFF1D333-D482-49EF-859C-2D9A81F9DB68@microsoft.com... > > -- > Frustrated ...

how to start a database
hi guys, i want to start a database on excel 2000, i never had to do this before, and i know this can be done. i just dont know where to start from ! what i want to do is, it is a racing club, i want a listing of all pilot and a sheet where we can enter the number of the car(all pilot info need will be transfer) for final result of the race.(right now they enter the car no, name , city at every race at every registration, if he is register to 3 race they do the process 3 time.) like in access went we create the database and after the query, that what i want to do in excel. any tip or link...

Use query from another database
Hi In the code below is there a way that qryOrderHistory could be in a separate database. If so how would i refer to it in the code. Thanks Dim db As DAO.Database Dim qd As DAO.Querydef Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Set db = CurrentDb Set qd = db.QueryDefs("qryOrderHistory") qd.Parameters("prmCustNo") = lngCustNo Set rs = qd.OpenRecordset() If Not rs.Eof Then .... code to populate an excel spreadsheet Change your 'Set db = CurrentDb' line to something like the following .. Set db = DbEngine.OpenDatabase("full path and name of target MDB here") -- ...

Database Queries with database views, that base on many database t
I created 2 database views. Each of them uses 256 database tables. From every database table only one column is used in the select list of the view. Every database table has one column which is used for the join. Each database table has 5 rows. The database tables have not any foreign keys and indexes. Both views works fine. When I use the database views in a query like this: SELECT v1.*, v2.* FROM v1, v2 WHERE v1.id=v2.id I should get 5 rows with 512 columns in the resultset. But I get the following error from the SQL-Server (after about 5 minutes): Msg 8621, Level 17, State 2...

CRM 3.0 KB927751 Update Roll Up Install Problem
Hi, I'm running CRM 3.0 Small Business edition on Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2 with SQL 2005. When I try to install the update roll up (KB927751) It unpack the files, but before the instalation starts, it comes up with an Installation Error saying: "Setup failed to update the database. The installation of this update has stopped." Does anybody have any clues as to what might be causing this? The rest of the CRM appears to work fine. Thanks in advance Tim Solved the problem in the end - It turns out that the DataMigration pack caused the issue. Uninstalling th...

Problems using excel as an oledb datasource
I have an application using Jet4.Oledb to select data from an excel spread sheet. My problem is that some of the field values contain the single quote char such as the brand name "L'Oreal" but when I get the data back it is returned as "Loreal". My sql statement is pretty basic: SELECT * FROM[Sheet1$] ORDER BY brand_name Everything else works fine, it just seems to not want to return a single quote as a literal part of the string. Any ideas how I can get around this? Thanks Lee ...

CMontCalCtrl multiselect mode problem
I have multiselect CMontCalCtrl and sometimes I need to select days across month boundary and a calendar page. I do this by calling SetSelRange() and everything works fine until I try to scroll months. When I switch the calendar page to the other month the selection is incorrect. It looks like the calendar doesn't refresh it - the month is different but the selected days stays the same on each page ( the same as on the first page ). Maybe I missed something. I call SetMaxSelCount(180),SetRange( a_few_months ), SetSelRange( a_few_months ) and it doesn't work. Whats wrong with it ? Alan...

Impact of changing database column width?
Hi, We are a software product company and are planning to begin using the Contract Administration module. To do so, we will be switching our inventory items from Track: None to Track: Serial Numbers and we will be storing our software license keys in the Serial Number field which is column SERLTNUM in table SOP10201. Unfortunately, SERLTNUM is CHAR(21) and our license keys are a few characters wider than 21. We can get the keys down to 21 characters by removing three embedded hyphens, but there are several databases outside of GP where the license keys must still exist with...

Windows XP boot problem
Hi, I have a Del netbook which is loaded with Windows XP. I've not had need to use the netbook for about a fortnight and on trying to boot it up today I find that I cannot get past the boot screen ( the screen that has the MS Flag and the words "Microsoft Windows XP" and below these a scroll bar). The scroll bar is constantly scrolling from left to right, as it always does, but for reasons best known to the netbook, this is as far as it gets. The mouse is not yet visible Any suggestions as to what the problem(s) mey be would be much appreciated -- Cheers P...

Set Database in Excel
In Microsoft article 183446 under method 2, it refers to using "Set Database" on the Data menu. I am using Excel 2002 (the article says it applies to Excel 2002), but Set Database does not appear in my Data menu. Is this an error? It's an error due, I think, to very old menu structures. The article says that the information applies to everything from version 5.0 (1995) through 2003, inclusive. But I believe that the Set Database menu item disappeared from the Data menu as of Excel 97. And one has long defined a name using the Insert menu, not the Formula menu. But my rapidl...

Problem w/Multi-item selection
Whenever I select multiple items in either my Sent Items or Deleted Items folders (to move them to another folder), it appears as though Outlook attempts to open each one. If I select 100 items, I get 100 dialog boxes telling me that DLL "whatever" couldn't be opened due to lack of resources. This has been happening ever since I got this laptop back in January. I've searched through all the "Tools | Options" menus, and haven't seen anything obvious that might help. Any help anyone can provide wil be appreciated. Thanks, Mike ...

upgraded from MSSQL 2000 to MSSQL 2005 now database's users have
Hello. I updated the MSSQL 2000 server to MSSQL 2005 server now the database's users have no login names. I found a way to list orphaned users sp_change_users_login 'Report' but it only listed dbo and there are actually five listed with MSSQL Server Management Studio Express. I tried this sp_change_users_login 'update_one', 'RPS', 'RPS' but I get the following error the user name 'RPS' is absent or invalid. Any ideas? Try with Auto_Fix instead; see the example at the end of the following article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/...

Client access problem after databases restoration
Hello! Recently we had a problem with an Exchange 2003 Back-End server with 6 mailbox store distributed thru 4 SG, and we lost the databases because the SAN's disks partitions were deleted by mistake. So, we had to do a restore from a backup, but when we could not mount the stores, so we used eseutil /p command, and after, eseutil /d, and then isinteg -s servername -fix -test alltests. We could mount the stores, users can use email. The problem now is that we have some users that could not access their mailbox thru Outlook, and when we try to move to another store, we receive an ...

Importing spreadsheet problems
I am trying to make my database user friendly as possible by making it so the user doesn't have to import the data from a spreadsheet through "file"- "Get External Data" etc... So I am creating a button that creates a table from a query, then goes into the macro and open the sheet and imports the information and then saves the information into the table. I am getting either one or the other error that depends on what I tell the macro "TransferSpreadsheet" to do. First is telling me that there is not "F1" field in the destination table. Although t...

Error: Please tell Microsoft about this problem.
On some computers, when a program crashes, an error window opens that says "Please tell Microsoft about this problem.". How can I stop this window from appearing? I want the program to just finish crashing and terminate. Thanks TonyG wrote: > On some computers, when a program crashes, an error window opens that says > "Please tell Microsoft about this problem.". > > How can I stop this window from appearing? I want the program to just finish > crashing and terminate. > > > > Thanks You can disable this window by going into Control Pan...

Deleting problem with a record
Hi, I was encountering a problem when deleting a record, such as an opportunity. The error message is "The record cannot be deleted because it is read-only." How do we go around with this problem? Benjsoft, Is there an active Quote associated with this opportunity? If so then that would prevent you from deleting either the quote or the opportunity that it derived from. Alex "Benjsoft" <Benjsoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C90B1D4-AA62-4A43-A56E-7297BB30A0FA@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I was encountering a problem when deleting a ...

Requirements for Outlook Offline synchronization?
All of the official documentation I can dig up describes a normal office user that brings his laptop into the office, logs on to the local domain, works for the day, and then clicks "Go Offline" to do a sync before he goes home. Next time he comes into the office, he clicks the button to resync his changes, and goes on working. But what about a TRUE remote user? (Never or seldom in the office) Assuming we find some way to manage the large size of the first sync, what are client/server requirements to make this work? Obviously, that user needs an account on the company's d...