Database problems in Vista

I have been using a database on my XP machine with Access 2007 without 
problems but when I run it on my Vista machine I cannot make any of the 
buttons on the switchboard work - I get the message:

"The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced 
the following error:  Object or classs does not support the set of events!"

I can run all the queries, forms etc from the database window.  Is there 
something I need to do to make the switchboard buttons work? 

0
Pete
8/19/2007 1:01:11 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

12 Replies
718 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 52

See:
    http://allenbrowne.com/bug-17.html

Option 2 is probably the best general solution.

-- 
Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.

"Pete" <pitsofearth@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:ODGxNEm4HHA.1484@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>I have been using a database on my XP machine with Access 2007 without 
>problems but when I run it on my Vista machine I cannot make any of the 
>buttons on the switchboard work - I get the message:
>
> "The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting 
> produced the following error:  Object or classs does not support the set 
> of events!"
>
> I can run all the queries, forms etc from the database window.  Is there 
> something I need to do to make the switchboard buttons work? 

0
Allen
8/19/2007 2:08:23 PM
I tried altering the registry entry and creating a shortcut and selecting 
Run as Administrator but unfortunately neither works.  I guess I'll have to 
run the database in a Virtual Machine, something I wanted to avoid.


"Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message 
news:Ou8Irpm4HHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> See:
>    http://allenbrowne.com/bug-17.html
>
> Option 2 is probably the best general solution.
>
> -- 
> Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
> Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
> Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
>
> "Pete" <pitsofearth@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:ODGxNEm4HHA.1484@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>I have been using a database on my XP machine with Access 2007 without 
>>problems but when I run it on my Vista machine I cannot make any of the 
>>buttons on the switchboard work - I get the message:
>>
>> "The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting 
>> produced the following error:  Object or classs does not support the set 
>> of events!"
>>
>> I can run all the queries, forms etc from the database window.  Is there 
>> something I need to do to make the switchboard buttons work?
> 

0
Pete
8/19/2007 2:55:55 PM
Further to my last posting, on checking Library References I find that 
Microsoft Office 11.0 Object Library is not shown at all and on trying to 
re-register it i get the error message:
"C:\Program Files\........\MSACC.OLB was loaded but the entry-point 
DllRegisterServer was not found.  Make sure that MSACC.OLB is a valid dll or 
OCX file and then try again".

Not sure it this is relevant but I installed only Access 2003 from 
Office2003.



"Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message 
news:Ou8Irpm4HHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> See:
>    http://allenbrowne.com/bug-17.html
>
> Option 2 is probably the best general solution.
>
> -- 
> Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
> Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
> Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
>
> "Pete" <pitsofearth@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:ODGxNEm4HHA.1484@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>I have been using a database on my XP machine with Access 2007 without 
>>problems but when I run it on my Vista machine I cannot make any of the 
>>buttons on the switchboard work - I get the message:
>>
>> "The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting 
>> produced the following error:  Object or classs does not support the set 
>> of events!"
>>
>> I can run all the queries, forms etc from the database window.  Is there 
>> something I need to do to make the switchboard buttons work?
> 

0
Pete
8/19/2007 3:46:27 PM
Which references do you have selected?

Are any marked as "MISSING"?

-- 
Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.

"Pete" <pitsofearth@gamil.com> wrote in message
news:uqoIYEn4HHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>I tried altering the registry entry and creating a shortcut and selecting 
>Run as Administrator but unfortunately neither works.  I guess I'll have to 
>run the database in a Virtual Machine, something I wanted to avoid.
>
>
> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message 
> news:Ou8Irpm4HHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> See:
>>    http://allenbrowne.com/bug-17.html
>>
>> Option 2 is probably the best general solution.
>>
>> -- 
>> Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
>> Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
>> Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
>>
>> "Pete" <pitsofearth@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:ODGxNEm4HHA.1484@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>>I have been using a database on my XP machine with Access 2007 without 
>>>problems but when I run it on my Vista machine I cannot make any of the 
>>>buttons on the switchboard work - I get the message:
>>>
>>> "The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting 
>>> produced the following error:  Object or classs does not support the set 
>>> of events!"
>>>
>>> I can run all the queries, forms etc from the database window.  Is there 
>>> something I need to do to make the switchboard buttons work? 

0
Allen
8/19/2007 3:47:22 PM
Selected references are:
Visual Basic for Applications
Microsoft Access 12.0 Object Library
Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library
Microsfot Forms 2.0 Object Library
Microsoft Calendar Control 11.0
OLE Automation
Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications Extensibility 5.3
Microsoft Office XP Web Components

I don't see anything marked as MISSING.


"Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message 
news:%23irG$gn4HHA.3940@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Which references do you have selected?
>
> Are any marked as "MISSING"?
>
> -- 
> Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
> Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
> Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
>
> "Pete" <pitsofearth@gamil.com> wrote in message
> news:uqoIYEn4HHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>I tried altering the registry entry and creating a shortcut and selecting 
>>Run as Administrator but unfortunately neither works.  I guess I'll have 
>>to run the database in a Virtual Machine, something I wanted to avoid.
>>
>>
>> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message 
>> news:Ou8Irpm4HHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>> See:
>>>    http://allenbrowne.com/bug-17.html
>>>
>>> Option 2 is probably the best general solution.
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
>>> Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
>>> Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
>>>
>>> "Pete" <pitsofearth@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> news:ODGxNEm4HHA.1484@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>>>I have been using a database on my XP machine with Access 2007 without 
>>>>problems but when I run it on my Vista machine I cannot make any of the 
>>>>buttons on the switchboard work - I get the message:
>>>>
>>>> "The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting 
>>>> produced the following error:  Object or classs does not support the 
>>>> set of events!"
>>>>
>>>> I can run all the queries, forms etc from the database window.  Is 
>>>> there something I need to do to make the switchboard buttons work?
> 

0
Pete
8/19/2007 3:57:35 PM
"Pete" <pitsofearth@gamil.com> wrote:

>Microsfot Forms 2.0 Object Library

The above is a bit unusual.

>Microsoft Calendar Control 11.0

I'd avoid that one given distribution problems.
See the Calendar Tips page at my website
http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/calendars.htm

>Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications Extensibility 5.3

Likely not needed but some minor adjustments may be required after
removing.

>Microsoft Office XP Web Components

Almost certainly not required.

Tony
-- 
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
   Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can 
read the entire thread of messages.
   Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at 
http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm
   Tony's Microsoft Access Blog - http://msmvps.com/blogs/access/
0
Tony
8/19/2007 5:45:17 PM
Do I simply uncheck all these if not required?

"Tony Toews [MVP]" <ttoews@telusplanet.net> wrote in message 
news:ba0hc3t7nnud91053kdmeuieke2kq2irt8@4ax.com...
> "Pete" <pitsofearth@gamil.com> wrote:
>
>>Microsfot Forms 2.0 Object Library
>
> The above is a bit unusual.
>
>>Microsoft Calendar Control 11.0
>
> I'd avoid that one given distribution problems.
> See the Calendar Tips page at my website
> http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/calendars.htm
>
>>Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications Extensibility 5.3
>
> Likely not needed but some minor adjustments may be required after
> removing.
>
>>Microsoft Office XP Web Components
>
> Almost certainly not required.
>
> Tony
> -- 
> Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
>   Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can
> read the entire thread of messages.
>   Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at
> http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm
>   Tony's Microsoft Access Blog - http://msmvps.com/blogs/access/ 

0
Pete
8/19/2007 8:38:21 PM
Hi Pete,

First, save a backup copy of your database. Then uncheck one reference at a 
time. Click on the OK button to dismiss the References dialog. Then compile 
your VBA code (Debug > Compile ProjectName in the VBA editor for Access 2003 
and prior). If your code compiles without an error, then the reference was 
not needed. If the option to compile appears "greyed" out immediately after 
compiling, then your code compiled successfully.

It is always best to "starve" the references list (ie. only include a 
checked reference if it is absolutely necessary). Not only will you avoid 
loading unnecessary libraries into RAM memory each time your application is 
started, but you will also minimize the chances of encountering a missing 
reference problem. Here are two excellent articles that provide more 
information on this topic:

    Solving Problems with Library References (Allen Browne)
    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-38.html

    Access Reference Problems (Doug Steele)
    http://www.accessmvp.com/djsteele/AccessReferenceErrors.html


As for the reference to the Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library, I have seen 
this one on occasion. However, every time I have seen it, and attempted to 
uncheck it, Access squaks and refuses to let me deselect it. The solution is 
to create a new database, and import all objects from the source DB to your 
new DB.


Tom Wickerath
Microsoft Access MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Tom
http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/expert_contributors.html
__________________________________________

"Pete" wrote:

> Do I simply uncheck all these if not required?

0
Utf
8/19/2007 9:10:01 PM
Pete. you do have the problem I referred you to in my original reply.

Office 2003 is internally called version 11.

The fact that your application is trying to reference:
    Microsoft Access 12.0 Object Library
is exactly the problem displayed in the screenshot at:
    http://allenbrowne.com/bug-17.html

-- 
Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.

"Pete" <pitsofearth@gamil.com> wrote in message
news:e8mllgn4HHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Further to my last posting, on checking Library References I find that 
> Microsoft Office 11.0 Object Library is not shown at all and on trying to 
> re-register it i get the error message:
> "C:\Program Files\........\MSACC.OLB was loaded but the entry-point 
> DllRegisterServer was not found.  Make sure that MSACC.OLB is a valid dll 
> or OCX file and then try again".
>
> Not sure it this is relevant but I installed only Access 2003 from 
> Office2003.
>
>
>
> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message 
> news:Ou8Irpm4HHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> See:
>>    http://allenbrowne.com/bug-17.html
>>
>> Option 2 is probably the best general solution.
>>
>> "Pete" <pitsofearth@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:ODGxNEm4HHA.1484@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>>I have been using a database on my XP machine with Access 2007 without 
>>>problems but when I run it on my Vista machine I cannot make any of the 
>>>buttons on the switchboard work - I get the message:
>>>
>>> "The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting 
>>> produced the following error:  Object or classs does not support the set 
>>> of events!"
>>>
>>> I can run all the queries, forms etc from the database window.  Is there 
>>> something I need to do to make the switchboard buttons work? 

0
Allen
8/20/2007 2:11:09 AM
Hello Allen

Thank you for taking the trouble to help me out.

I appreciate that the problem is similar to the one in the screenshot.  I 
tried Option 1 and 2 in your article but unfortunately the problem did not 
go away.  As I mentioned below, Office 11 Object Library does not appear at 
all in the list of references and on trying to install it I get an error 
message.

I wonder if uninstalling both Office 2003 & 2007 and then reinstalling 
Office 2003 would solve the problem.


"Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message 
news:OMswi9s4HHA.5424@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Pete. you do have the problem I referred you to in my original reply.
>
> Office 2003 is internally called version 11.
>
> The fact that your application is trying to reference:
>    Microsoft Access 12.0 Object Library
> is exactly the problem displayed in the screenshot at:
>    http://allenbrowne.com/bug-17.html
>
> -- 
> Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
> Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
> Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
>
> "Pete" <pitsofearth@gamil.com> wrote in message
> news:e8mllgn4HHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> Further to my last posting, on checking Library References I find that 
>> Microsoft Office 11.0 Object Library is not shown at all and on trying to 
>> re-register it i get the error message:
>> "C:\Program Files\........\MSACC.OLB was loaded but the entry-point 
>> DllRegisterServer was not found.  Make sure that MSACC.OLB is a valid dll 
>> or OCX file and then try again".
>>
>> Not sure it this is relevant but I installed only Access 2003 from 
>> Office2003.
>>
>>
>>
>> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message 
>> news:Ou8Irpm4HHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>> See:
>>>    http://allenbrowne.com/bug-17.html
>>>
>>> Option 2 is probably the best general solution.
>>>
>>> "Pete" <pitsofearth@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> news:ODGxNEm4HHA.1484@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>>>I have been using a database on my XP machine with Access 2007 without 
>>>>problems but when I run it on my Vista machine I cannot make any of the 
>>>>buttons on the switchboard work - I get the message:
>>>>
>>>> "The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting 
>>>> produced the following error:  Object or classs does not support the 
>>>> set of events!"
>>>>
>>>> I can run all the queries, forms etc from the database window.  Is 
>>>> there something I need to do to make the switchboard buttons work?
> 


0
Pete
8/20/2007 8:31:18 AM
Try just uninstalling and reinstalling Office 2003.

I don't think installing Office 2007 will help (unless you need it, of 
course.)

-- 
Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.

"Pete" <pitsofearth@msn.com> wrote in message
news:OVgk8Rw4HHA.4880@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Hello Allen
>
> Thank you for taking the trouble to help me out.
>
> I appreciate that the problem is similar to the one in the screenshot.  I 
> tried Option 1 and 2 in your article but unfortunately the problem did not 
> go away.  As I mentioned below, Office 11 Object Library does not appear 
> at all in the list of references and on trying to install it I get an 
> error message.
>
> I wonder if uninstalling both Office 2003 & 2007 and then reinstalling 
> Office 2003 would solve the problem.
>
>
> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message 
> news:OMswi9s4HHA.5424@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Pete. you do have the problem I referred you to in my original reply.
>>
>> Office 2003 is internally called version 11.
>>
>> The fact that your application is trying to reference:
>>    Microsoft Access 12.0 Object Library
>> is exactly the problem displayed in the screenshot at:
>>    http://allenbrowne.com/bug-17.html
>>
>> "Pete" <pitsofearth@gamil.com> wrote in message
>> news:e8mllgn4HHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>> Further to my last posting, on checking Library References I find that 
>>> Microsoft Office 11.0 Object Library is not shown at all and on trying 
>>> to re-register it i get the error message:
>>> "C:\Program Files\........\MSACC.OLB was loaded but the entry-point 
>>> DllRegisterServer was not found.  Make sure that MSACC.OLB is a valid 
>>> dll or OCX file and then try again".
>>>
>>> Not sure it this is relevant but I installed only Access 2003 from 
>>> Office2003.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message 
>>> news:Ou8Irpm4HHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>> See:
>>>>    http://allenbrowne.com/bug-17.html
>>>>
>>>> Option 2 is probably the best general solution.
>>>>
>>>> "Pete" <pitsofearth@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>>> news:ODGxNEm4HHA.1484@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>>>>I have been using a database on my XP machine with Access 2007 without 
>>>>>problems but when I run it on my Vista machine I cannot make any of the 
>>>>>buttons on the switchboard work - I get the message:
>>>>>
>>>>> "The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting 
>>>>> produced the following error:  Object or classs does not support the 
>>>>> set of events!"
>>>>>
>>>>> I can run all the queries, forms etc from the database window.  Is 
>>>>> there something I need to do to make the switchboard buttons work? 

0
Allen
8/20/2007 2:09:22 PM
Thanks for your help
"Tony Toews [MVP]" <ttoews@telusplanet.net> wrote in message 
news:ba0hc3t7nnud91053kdmeuieke2kq2irt8@4ax.com...
> "Pete" <pitsofearth@gamil.com> wrote:
>
>>Microsfot Forms 2.0 Object Library
>
> The above is a bit unusual.
>
>>Microsoft Calendar Control 11.0
>
> I'd avoid that one given distribution problems.
> See the Calendar Tips page at my website
> http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/calendars.htm
>
>>Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications Extensibility 5.3
>
> Likely not needed but some minor adjustments may be required after
> removing.
>
>>Microsoft Office XP Web Components
>
> Almost certainly not required.
>
> Tony
> -- 
> Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
>   Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can
> read the entire thread of messages.
>   Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at
> http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm
>   Tony's Microsoft Access Blog - http://msmvps.com/blogs/access/ 

0
Pete
9/5/2007 5:25:20 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Access Database Conversion to Excel Database
I need to convert a downloaded database in Access format to an Excel format I can use on my desktop. Hi Greg One way Use Data>Import External Data in the menubar -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "greg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b0f301c3ec2b$2b12d830$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I need to convert a downloaded database in Access format > to an Excel format I can use on my desktop. ...

Nothing shows up in Database objects in Database Wizard
Hello, I am having touble with Visio 2003 once again. Though the db wizard, I created an excel spreadsheet (table) for data and am tryinig to link the chart back to this original database so that when I change something in the database it will change correspondingly. I am going back through the DB wizard, and can only get as far as selecting a database object to connect to. I have selected the original dada source, checked table, but nothing showes up under the database objects. Am I or my computer missing something? Please help! Thank You. Have you defined a name for the region ...

Huge database
Good afternoon, i have to make a huge database wich have to get data from excel file.That is not a big problem problem is that i have to get information for about 1000 families with 1000 elements for every family and this database have to storage this information at leaset one year. This make a huge pack of elements. Can Microsoft Access get so huge pack of data ? If yes i would be glad to read some ideas. Thanks If you are talking about 1000 columns in a table, Access can't do it. 255 is the upper limit. 1,000 * 1,000 is potentially a million records. However if the data is pr...

linking 2 databases in 1
Hi, I am running 2 hqs for 2 different purposes, now the company decided to use 1 hq for both purpose. How can i link the 2 databases into 1 database???? I tired to link them from SQL server enterprise manager-all task- export data from database A to B but some tables can not be exported and show me tables failure, is it possible to link them or im just trying something impossible? Advice me on that plZzzzZZzz -- Aliko ...

Outlook printout Problem
My computer installing windows XP ,IE6 and MS Outlook 2003. My problem outlook printout only header is printed out and not print out of content Are these messages in HTML? HTML messages are rendered and printed by Internet Explorer components, so one of these articles might help: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q272518 Only the Text at the Top of the Web Page Is Printed http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q271583 Blank Page Is Printed in Internet Explorer 5.5 Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imagin...

Importing Current Database into CRM Database
Hi, I would just like to know if it is possible to tranfer my current database into the Adventure Works Database(and if so how) or is it used just for a few records for testing purposes. You help will be highly appreciated... there is a redeployment tool on support.microsoft.com/downloads under microsoft crm. This may help you. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Rock619" <rodger@intervigil.com> wrote in message news:5728edd40161d2cca1c0e079cfd86665@localhost.talkaboutsoftware.com... > Hi, > > I would just like to know if it is pos...

Outlook 2003
Either I've found a bug, or I've got something really broken. With Outlook 2003 (latest patch installed) if I select to reply or forward by attaching the message, my signature isn't placed in the message. If however I select the option to include the text then the signature is attached. This is completely reproducable and I can't find anything about it online. So, anybody else see this? Anybody know how to fix it so that the signature is attached, even when I attach the message to a reply or forward? Thanks. Rob Yes, I'm having the same problem and haven'...

Remote Web Workplace displays problems
-- Frustrated You might want to post this in a more appropriate group, this group is for Microsoft Exchange questions. I would also recommend you provide more information about the problem. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Pollywog" <Pollywog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFF1D333-D482-49EF-859C-2D9A81F9DB68@microsoft.com... > > -- > Frustrated ...

how to start a database
hi guys, i want to start a database on excel 2000, i never had to do this before, and i know this can be done. i just dont know where to start from ! what i want to do is, it is a racing club, i want a listing of all pilot and a sheet where we can enter the number of the car(all pilot info need will be transfer) for final result of the race.(right now they enter the car no, name , city at every race at every registration, if he is register to 3 race they do the process 3 time.) like in access went we create the database and after the query, that what i want to do in excel. any tip or link...

Use query from another database
Hi In the code below is there a way that qryOrderHistory could be in a separate database. If so how would i refer to it in the code. Thanks Dim db As DAO.Database Dim qd As DAO.Querydef Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Set db = CurrentDb Set qd = db.QueryDefs("qryOrderHistory") qd.Parameters("prmCustNo") = lngCustNo Set rs = qd.OpenRecordset() If Not rs.Eof Then .... code to populate an excel spreadsheet Change your 'Set db = CurrentDb' line to something like the following .. Set db = DbEngine.OpenDatabase("full path and name of target MDB here") -- ...

Database Queries with database views, that base on many database t
I created 2 database views. Each of them uses 256 database tables. From every database table only one column is used in the select list of the view. Every database table has one column which is used for the join. Each database table has 5 rows. The database tables have not any foreign keys and indexes. Both views works fine. When I use the database views in a query like this: SELECT v1.*, v2.* FROM v1, v2 WHERE v1.id=v2.id I should get 5 rows with 512 columns in the resultset. But I get the following error from the SQL-Server (after about 5 minutes): Msg 8621, Level 17, State 2...

CRM 3.0 KB927751 Update Roll Up Install Problem
Hi, I'm running CRM 3.0 Small Business edition on Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2 with SQL 2005. When I try to install the update roll up (KB927751) It unpack the files, but before the instalation starts, it comes up with an Installation Error saying: "Setup failed to update the database. The installation of this update has stopped." Does anybody have any clues as to what might be causing this? The rest of the CRM appears to work fine. Thanks in advance Tim Solved the problem in the end - It turns out that the DataMigration pack caused the issue. Uninstalling th...

Problems using excel as an oledb datasource
I have an application using Jet4.Oledb to select data from an excel spread sheet. My problem is that some of the field values contain the single quote char such as the brand name "L'Oreal" but when I get the data back it is returned as "Loreal". My sql statement is pretty basic: SELECT * FROM[Sheet1$] ORDER BY brand_name Everything else works fine, it just seems to not want to return a single quote as a literal part of the string. Any ideas how I can get around this? Thanks Lee ...

CMontCalCtrl multiselect mode problem
I have multiselect CMontCalCtrl and sometimes I need to select days across month boundary and a calendar page. I do this by calling SetSelRange() and everything works fine until I try to scroll months. When I switch the calendar page to the other month the selection is incorrect. It looks like the calendar doesn't refresh it - the month is different but the selected days stays the same on each page ( the same as on the first page ). Maybe I missed something. I call SetMaxSelCount(180),SetRange( a_few_months ), SetSelRange( a_few_months ) and it doesn't work. Whats wrong with it ? Alan...

Impact of changing database column width?
Hi, We are a software product company and are planning to begin using the Contract Administration module. To do so, we will be switching our inventory items from Track: None to Track: Serial Numbers and we will be storing our software license keys in the Serial Number field which is column SERLTNUM in table SOP10201. Unfortunately, SERLTNUM is CHAR(21) and our license keys are a few characters wider than 21. We can get the keys down to 21 characters by removing three embedded hyphens, but there are several databases outside of GP where the license keys must still exist with...

Windows XP boot problem
Hi, I have a Del netbook which is loaded with Windows XP. I've not had need to use the netbook for about a fortnight and on trying to boot it up today I find that I cannot get past the boot screen ( the screen that has the MS Flag and the words "Microsoft Windows XP" and below these a scroll bar). The scroll bar is constantly scrolling from left to right, as it always does, but for reasons best known to the netbook, this is as far as it gets. The mouse is not yet visible Any suggestions as to what the problem(s) mey be would be much appreciated -- Cheers P...

Set Database in Excel
In Microsoft article 183446 under method 2, it refers to using "Set Database" on the Data menu. I am using Excel 2002 (the article says it applies to Excel 2002), but Set Database does not appear in my Data menu. Is this an error? It's an error due, I think, to very old menu structures. The article says that the information applies to everything from version 5.0 (1995) through 2003, inclusive. But I believe that the Set Database menu item disappeared from the Data menu as of Excel 97. And one has long defined a name using the Insert menu, not the Formula menu. But my rapidl...

Problem w/Multi-item selection
Whenever I select multiple items in either my Sent Items or Deleted Items folders (to move them to another folder), it appears as though Outlook attempts to open each one. If I select 100 items, I get 100 dialog boxes telling me that DLL "whatever" couldn't be opened due to lack of resources. This has been happening ever since I got this laptop back in January. I've searched through all the "Tools | Options" menus, and haven't seen anything obvious that might help. Any help anyone can provide wil be appreciated. Thanks, Mike ...

upgraded from MSSQL 2000 to MSSQL 2005 now database's users have
Hello. I updated the MSSQL 2000 server to MSSQL 2005 server now the database's users have no login names. I found a way to list orphaned users sp_change_users_login 'Report' but it only listed dbo and there are actually five listed with MSSQL Server Management Studio Express. I tried this sp_change_users_login 'update_one', 'RPS', 'RPS' but I get the following error the user name 'RPS' is absent or invalid. Any ideas? Try with Auto_Fix instead; see the example at the end of the following article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/...

Client access problem after databases restoration
Hello! Recently we had a problem with an Exchange 2003 Back-End server with 6 mailbox store distributed thru 4 SG, and we lost the databases because the SAN's disks partitions were deleted by mistake. So, we had to do a restore from a backup, but when we could not mount the stores, so we used eseutil /p command, and after, eseutil /d, and then isinteg -s servername -fix -test alltests. We could mount the stores, users can use email. The problem now is that we have some users that could not access their mailbox thru Outlook, and when we try to move to another store, we receive an ...

Importing spreadsheet problems
I am trying to make my database user friendly as possible by making it so the user doesn't have to import the data from a spreadsheet through "file"- "Get External Data" etc... So I am creating a button that creates a table from a query, then goes into the macro and open the sheet and imports the information and then saves the information into the table. I am getting either one or the other error that depends on what I tell the macro "TransferSpreadsheet" to do. First is telling me that there is not "F1" field in the destination table. Although t...

database or other software?
I need help with the following situation: I want to create files or a database that will contain information about my clients, with their business information (i.e address, phone, fax, type of business, in which states they do business) to send an invitation to bid on a construction project. I want , where a database would fill out the information automatically on the bid invitation, then fax, or email the invitation to each selected clients according to their specialty. Then I will need to keep track of who answers my invitations in order to "weed out" clients who do...

Form in another database
How can I check if an Access form is open or loaded when the form is in another Access application (mdb or nde file). Alex ...

Out of office message problem
Exchange 2007, Outlook 2003. Just recently several users reported that when they enable OOO with a new date the sender received very old OOO message, not even the previous one. Looks like the new OOO was not saved on the server. How to check what is wrong? Thanks. BTW. Using OWA I don't see the old OOF, not the updated one so it was not updated for sure. "Chris" wrote: > Exchange 2007, Outlook 2003. Just recently several users reported that when > they enable OOO with a new date the sender received very old OOO message, not > even the previo...

pivot table: problem with multiple groupings in different worksheets
Hello. I'm having a bit of trouble the group function in a pivot table. Let's say we've got a table with columns "district" and sales (just an example), and I create two different pivot tables with the same origin. In one of the pivot tables I want to group regions in some way, and define different sets in the second pivot table. Here comes the issue: when I right click the selection...-> group, excel defines a new property on the origin data, a new field called "district2". That field also appears on the second pivot table. If I try to group differently the ...