Data collection Form Edit

We have a form which will be used almost daily, for data collection, based on
a query. During the test we found a typo in one of the field labels where a
brief description is included. Is there some way to edit the form?
(recreating it with all the custom lables is just too long a task).

Another issue on this topic, every time the form is sent, the messge reverts
to the default "Please fill out the form and retunr it to me". Can this
default message be changed?

Nothing in the help functions. Any advice, or deirection to a learning
resource will be appreciated.

Thanks is advance.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Tom,
    You don't mention whether you have the ability to edit the application.
    If it's an .mde file you must have the original master .mdb file, and
all changes must be made there... and the app reconverted to an .mde file.
    If it's an .mdb file, you might try opening the app with the Shift key
depressed.  That will bypass any code on startup, and allow you to access
the Access database screen, and allow design changes to your application
objects. (Tables, Forms, Reports...)
--
    hth
    Al Campagna

"Tom Ventouris" <TomVentouris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have a form which will be used almost daily, for data collection, based
> on
> a query. During the test we found a typo in one of the field labels where
> brief description is included. Is there some way to edit the form?
> (recreating it with all the custom lables is just too long a task).
>
> Another issue on this topic, every time the form is sent, the messge
> reverts
> to the default "Please fill out the form and retunr it to me". Can this
> default message be changed?
>
> Nothing in the help functions. Any advice, or deirection to a learning
> resource will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks is advance.

0
Al
2/2/2008 1:51:54 PM
Hi Al

I have re read my original post and can see where I went wrong.

This is an ACCDB (2007) - Data Collection Form for Data Collection by E
Mail. I am not refering to a Form - as in DB Objects.

Apologies for misleading, and thanks for the response which is technically
correct for the quesion as posted.

"Al Campagna" wrote:

> Tom,
>     You don't mention whether you have the ability to edit the application.
>     If it's an .mde file you must have the original master .mdb file, and
> all changes must be made there... and the app reconverted to an .mde file.
>     If it's an .mdb file, you might try opening the app with the Shift key
> depressed.  That will bypass any code on startup, and allow you to access
> the Access database screen, and allow design changes to your application
> objects. (Tables, Forms, Reports...)
> --
>     hth
>     Al Campagna
>     Microsoft Access MVP
>     http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html
>
>     "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in your life."
>
> "Tom Ventouris" <TomVentouris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We have a form which will be used almost daily, for data collection, based
> > on
> > a query. During the test we found a typo in one of the field labels where
> > brief description is included. Is there some way to edit the form?
> > (recreating it with all the custom lables is just too long a task).
> >
> > Another issue on this topic, every time the form is sent, the messge
> > reverts
> > to the default "Please fill out the form and retunr it to me". Can this
> > default message be changed?
> >
> > Nothing in the help functions. Any advice, or deirection to a learning
> > resource will be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks is advance.

Input data check
Hi I want to check 10 fields to confirm they have data entered into them. Before I print a document. Field1 Not is null Field2 Not Isnull And so on. If any of the fields are blank I want a msgbox to appear listing the field names which have no data. I do not want to set the field to, data required, because there may be a reason why we have been unable to enter the required data. How do I set this up? Thanks Bob Bob, Something like... Use check boxes, combo boxes, text boxes, etc... If IsNull(Me!CheckBox1) Then Msg...

Publisher catelog merge- cannot open data source file
whether I try to open the source file or open a new one, I get the message: operation cannot be completed becasue of dialog or database engine failures. Please try again later. Troubleshooting advice suggestd to undate the engine from Windows update - can't find it. Does anyone have more specific troubleshooting advice? This article has a solution: You receive a "The operation cannot be completed because of dialog or data base engine failures" error message when you try to perform a mail merge by using an Outlook 2003 contact folder in Publisher 2003 http://support.mic...

Subformss, Tab Controls, and Forms
Hello I am creating a case management database. I have created a Main form called Participants. There are several themes which must be completed for each participant: Personal Information, Personal Assessment, Personal Plans, Notes, and Other. I thought of using a tab control for each theme. I want to create subforms for each theme. That is, for the Personal Information tab, I want to create subforms for each subject area, etc. I read on this board that you can't but a tab control within a tab control, but you can create subforms that would individually contain a ta...

Excluding data points in a chart
Is there some way to specify conditions under which data points should be excluded in a chart? In particular, I have two columns for which I want to create a scatter plot. However, some of the rows are missing data for one or the other column. Is there a simple way to tell Excel to ignore such rows? Jim Hi Jim, 1) With the chart selected, use Tools|Options and open the Chart tab; specify what is to happen with missing values OR 2) Where data is missing enter =NA() -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "JM" <anonymous@discussions....

Comma delimited data conversion to XML
Is there an easy way to convert a string of data to XML format without having to create the xml one field at a time? Sorry I'm a newbie and my xml knowledge is limited. I have tried to search through the documentation in .net but nothing jumps out at me. Sample code would be great! "Larry Williams" <Larry Williams@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC7696F6-EFA4-4C29-8290-F1A4211CC88C@microsoft.com... > Is there an easy way to convert a string of data to XML format without having > to create the xml one field at a time? Certainly, but the easier ...

data space
i found that strange. i checked properties in admin. and found this under general- size- 202 mb space available 0.00 mb usage 100% my data base size should be 2 gig. my space available is saying 0mb yet the program is not shuting down. it continues to save journals and sales data. Can anyone help because that is starnge to me or am i reading something wrong. i am running ver. 1.3. what is also strange to me is that the size of the data base is decreasing. Can someone help. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_Nex...

How to do a form letter?
I've worked with Access in years past and just getting up to speed on 2007. I've been reading reams of help files and trying various ways for hours to make a simple form. I need to pull up a person in the db, click a button and print one of a list of form letters (reports) to that person. I've tried creating a letter in Word and embedding it. Even when I set it "to fit" it is reduced in size. If I stretch it it looks funny. Regardless I then need to overlay field boxes everywhere they're needed and try to get them to align with the letter. This also means fields can&#...

Calculation Form Field
Hi everyone. I have hit a problem with a protected form I'm working with. I have a macro that allows users to add a new row to a table within the protected form, the macro adds formfields in to the new row, one of which is a calculation field. This calcuation field simply multiplies the previous two fields contents using cell references (i.e. b1 * c1, however this unfortunately does not seem to work when the form is reprotected and contents entered into b1/c1 etc. I have checked the expression that I am generating to the new field, and that calculate on exit is set to...

Data file did not close properly #2
I have read all kinds of solutions to this error. Has any thing difinitive been offered that solves the problem. Appreciated Jerry There isnt a difinative solution as the problem can be caused by a number of differing things "Jerry" <jerry@home.home> wrote in message news:eRfw6Cs1IHA.5300@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I have read all kinds of solutions to this error. Has any thing difinitive >been offered that solves the problem. Appreciated > > Jerry > "Jerry" <jerry@home.home> wrote in message news:eRfw6Cs1IHA.5300@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...

Add multiple new records based on quantity duplicating data
I am creating a simple form to allow a new user to list a part number and requested quantity. Upon executing a submit button, I would need the part number value added/duplicated into an existing table as many times as the requested quantity. However, the requested quantity can not exceed 999. Simplest solution if you are familiar with code would be to OpenRecordset, and AddNew in a loop. An alternative would be to create a table containing 999 records, and use it as the source table for an Append query statement, with criteria limiting it to the desired number. This link explains how t...

Data tables ? Circular references ?
Hi, If I setup a data table as follows: A1=0 A2=0 A3=A1+A2 Then in B3 place the formulae A3+1 and copy it along to K3 And in A4 place the formulae A3+1 and copy it down to A13 Finishing off by selecting the range A3:K13 and choosing Data->Table, Row input cell = A1, Column Input cell = A2 The results in the intersection start from 2 and end at 1.7E+11 Now if I Edit->Copy, PasteValues the formulae in cells B3:K3, and likewise value the formulae in A4:A13 the results change twice over, once for each Copy-PasteValues sequence. What's going on ? Regards Steve Think the ...

Data showing up in Cells as ####
I'm trying to enter an amount in a Column labeled "Limit"...I've tried changing the cell's format but no matter what I do, the data shows up as ####. How can I change this to reflect the actual numbers? -- MCD Increase the column width >-----Original Message----- >I'm trying to enter an amount in a Column labeled "Limit"...I've tried changing the cell's format but no matter what I do, the data shows up as ####. How can I change this to reflect the actual numbers? >-- >MCD >. > Or reduce the Font size?? anonymous@discussi...

Forms 02-19-08
Hello All, I'm building a database to track steps of a root cause analysis tool. There are 7 steps to the process; I'd like to have a specific form for each step that all feeds one primary table. I'm able to make each separate form, but I'm not sure how to ensure that each form is updating the same issue. For example. If I open step 1 and start an issues # 0001 each form that I open for each step following needs to update # 0001. The problem is that I may not complete all steps together and don't what to have to search for the # each time I open a new form. I though...

data source for chart
I have spreadsheets with a lot of data in them. I have multiple columns. The two columns I need to compare right now have initials in one column and dates in another column. The initials are nurses and the date column is a denial date. I need to create a chart that will show a possible trend of certain nursing staff having a higher number of denials. I know I highlight those two columns, but I think I have to change the date data to something that can be counted??? Please advise. I am desperate. and there are more of these kind of charts to come that I will have to do. Thank yo...

Problem installing Office 2007 Enterprise Edition
I have downloaded this three times. (Four actually, but it didn't work the first time) I have tried to install several times. It goes through the process, has me put in my Product Key, but when it gets to a certain point I get the message that there was an error during setup. There are no details about what the error is. I have a trial edition of Office 2007 that I cannot delete through Add/Remove Programs. I have deleted Office 2003 (also a trial version, I believe) I read another user's post that said my IT department at work should support this, but I haven'...

Outlook 2003
I used to use Outlook Express and was able to modify an email message's HTML source code. I can't seem to find a way to do that using Outlook. Does anyone know how that can be done? Am I missing a setting somewhere? Thank you, Tracy Outlook doesn't have a source editor. You can edit it in another html editor and paste into OL. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstic...

Finding Unique Data
I have 3 coumns in a table. all 3 columns have duplicate data. But I want to find unique data in column A only. How do i do this in ACESS 2007 ? Please help. hi Rumy, On 02.02.2010 15:40, Rumy wrote: > I have 3 coumns in a table. all 3 columns have duplicate data. But I want to > find unique data in column A only. How do i do this in ACESS 2007 ? Please > help. Maybe so: SELECT * FROM yourTable WHERE (A <> B) AND (A <> C) mfG --> stefan <-- Under query types, you have one for Find Umatched Data. That will tell you which data is unique. --...

Getting the High and Low Tides from a Series of Data
Hello, I have a long list of data for tide levels which is like as follows: Date/Time Tide Level Now, I want to extract from this long series of data all the high tides and low tides, which in mathematical terms is to extract all the local maximums and local minimums, together with the associated Date/Time from the data. I have another programme that generates this series of data basing on a set of parameters, but I don't know what the function is, so I can't really find the 1st order derivative and set it to zero to get all the roots, etc. How should I go about doing this? Us...

Insert Data Generate Date into an SSRS Report Header
I generate SSIS package multiple table data loads, and write a record to a data generation table. I wish to insert the last data generation date from a SQL Server into the header (or footer) of an SSRS report. Does anyone have thoughts on best practice for this ? Thank you, Issue SELECT TOP 1 datecolumn FROM tbl ORDER BY datecolumn DESC "jm27102" <jm27102@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29B2B300-655E-42D7-B397-DEEB5FE2525D@microsoft.com... >I generate SSIS package multiple table data loads, and write a record to a > data generation ta...

Sharing data between 2 Forms in an MFC MDI application
Ok, the subject says it all I guess. I need to share data between my mainframe, and multiple forms in my application. Whats the best way to accomplish this? Brian I think you are following exact MDI way.. so here is what can be done... CWinApp::GetFirstDocTemplatePosition CWinApp::GetNextDocTemplate you will get CDocTemplate* typecast to CMultiDocTemplate* CMultiDocTemplate::GetFirstDocPosition CMultiDocTemplate::GetNextDoc Get document associated with another form and get the data... Neel "Brian Minier" <brian_minier@no-spam.iisvr.com> wrote in message news:OpIO1E...

XML data has childattributes ?
Hello. I have attached the XML data in question at the end of this post. I don't understand what is between <TripData> and </TripData>. When i talked to the publisher of the XML document, he says: "you will have to use childattributes to access the attributes of the <TripData> element". When i try to iterate thru the XML document to determine the nodetype of each element, it says that <TripData> is an Element of type #text. I tried using XMLNODE, XMLTextReader and XPathNavigator. All methods say that <TripData> is an element of #text. It d...

Recovery of data from LOG files
Following earlier posts on this problem, is anyone aware of a way in which I can extract data from Exchange 2000 .LOG files? For instance, are there any tools (third-party or otherwise) that would enable me to extract at least some senders' addresses from the data? My user who has lost the contents of his Inbox needs only a list of people who have sent mail to him. With this information he would know who to contact to have his mail transmitted. I have tried contacting our ISP for logs etc. but no help available there. I feel that the information in the logs is my only hope. Thanks ...

Live Data Replication on Exchange
How do you perform (high-level) a Live data replication on Exchange 2003? And is there the concept of performing replication between Exchange 5.5 with Exchage 2003? Thanks. Public Folders are the only "replication" native to Exchange. What is the goal? -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "JD" <jd...

Problem formatting data in text fields in Access Report
Hi, I'm working on making a custom report in Access and am having trouble formatting some numbers that are in text fields. The report was started with the report creating wizard and modified to meet customer requirements. Access used text fields to sum a few of the fields (i.e. Jan 07), but it won't let me decrease the decimals (the data looks like 155.5, but it should say 156). If you go into properties for the text field and go to the format tab, then select 0 decimal places, decimals still show up. What could be wrong? Thanks, Dave DaveA wrote: >I'm working on ...

data disappearing