Data Access Pages - Data Question

I have designed several DAPs in Access 2003.  I have them posted directly on
my web server with the database.  I can see the form but the data fields are
filled with:  #name?.  I have configured the server per the article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/264080....  No luck.  Any help would be
appreciated.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Access 2003
Hi, I am trying to set up a database on Access that Monitors incoming and outgoing email traffic for specific group addresses in an Exchange Enviroment. This only needs to be a simple culmulative count with a date stamp. Not too sure how I would start this. Many thanks in advance for any help that can be given. My guess is to use MAPI to connect to and interact with the server. From there, there should be code available to read the traffic. "MaccaUK" wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to set up a database on Access that Monitors incoming and > ...

Estimated Data size for 3-5 years
Dears, I was looking for a document that give me an idea or talking about how to estimate Microsoft Dynamics GP database Growth and size. Any one could help me in this? I found an article on MSDN but it is about SQL server and it needs to go throw all GP tables and finde the size of each field and calulate that number. I have the following GP system: POP module FA module And Financial Module Any help? Best regards, Hi Hasan, It really depends on the number of transactions that go through your system. If I had to guess at an average, I would say a database in use for 3-5 years would ...

scale to page error in Excel 2007
somehow something has changed in my Excel 2007 setup where my "fit to scale" does not work appropriately. When I choose print preview, the preview screen changes to a very small preview and my document is a few thousand pages. This document used to print fine on one page. Even on my other computer it prints fine. The funny thing is, when I change it back to 100% scale the preview is large again but still cuts off a few columns. I must have changed some setting that I need to reset but cannot find it. Any help is appreciated. Have you checked your setting of print ...

Conditional Formatting Question.
I've set up a work evaluation workbook with multiple worksheets. For explanation sake I'll stick with my first worksheet titled "Jan". I have set it up where I have a name column, month column, shift column an various other columns for evaluatin purposes. below the names and under each column I've set up my evaluation formulas. What it does is calculate each column individually and determine the average. (example: absenteeism-it will figure out the average hrs of sick time used by employees that given month) It will also calculate 10% above & below average as well...

Excel chart-y axis title question
Everytime I have a y axis title and it will not show up the end of the title. I tried to use small font but it doesn't help. Does anyone ever have similar problem? Thanks. Many people have reported this problem, and the following post by Jon Peltier may help you: http://groups.google.ca/groups?&threadm=OviGl8Z3EHA.208%40TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl springwinterfall wrote: > Everytime I have a y axis title and it will not show up the end of the title. > I tried to use small font but it doesn't help. Does anyone ever have similar > problem? Thanks. -- Debra Dalgleish Ex...

additional exchage in a shared address space / install question
Hello Group! I am about to run out of space on my exchange server, so I came here for an advice. I have 3 physical locations Location 1 - Headquarters (50 Users in the workgroup environment) Location 2 - Remote Site (10 Users Domain Environment with Exchange) Location 3 - Remote Site (7 Users Domain Environment) I have a Gateway to Gateway VPN tunnel between Location 2 and 3. I am in a single Active Directory 2003 forest with a single domain (mycompany.local) DC at the location 2 holds all 5 FSMO roles. Exchange 2003 Enterprise is configured on the same server. Users from 2nd location run...

Data base
I need to know as the table is called where registo keeps from the TPV arelysas HI I think you are talking about the Configuration table which store the information of store also there is table name called "register" please describe your main purpose and what exactly you are asking. Hope this will help you. "arelysas" wrote: > I need to know as the table is called where registo keeps from the TPV > > arelysas ...

Past Questions and Answers
Hello How can I find out past questions and answers for a specific topic? I lost the answer to my question, which was posted here last week? thank you I'd use google. Give it enough information (keywords/author/subject): http://groups.google.com/advanced_search?&as_ugroup=microsoft.public.excel.*&num=100 da wrote: > > Hello > How can I find out past questions and answers for a specific topic? I lost > the answer to my question, which was posted here last week? > thank you -- Dave Peterson ...

Page numbers restart with continuous page break
This happens in 2007, 2003, and 2002. My doc has 2 "next page" section breaks within the first 3 pages. After each break, I've requiested that the numbering restarts at "1" and that works fine. After several pages I need 2 "Continuous" page breaks so I can use a 2-column format within a page. I use the Insert Page Number Format command to have it CONTINUE numbering. However, it restarts the numbering. If I do this as a test with a doc that does not have regular section breaks at the beginning it seems to work. Best case, I would like to ma...

Getting Rid of "Ghost Field" on Access Report
Hello All, I'm hoping you can help me with a puzzling behavior exhibited by an Access report. When I attempt to run it I receive an error message asking for a value to a field that is not on the report or the underlying query. I have a report, which I will refer to as MyReport#1. It runs off of a MyQuery#1 without any error messages. I used MyReport#1 as the basis for a second repot, which I will call My Report#2. Everything, in MyReport#2 is identical as MyReport#1 except for one field. MyReport#2 runs off of a different query which I will call MyQuery#2. If I run MyQuery#2 by itsel...

Access as a Front-End
I am wanting to use either MySQL or SQL Server as a back-end to a MS Access front-end. Furthermore, I need to be able to use this front-end over a Wireless router. I know that by default MS Access does not leand itself to wireless connections but have been told it can be done if changes are made...? Can someone give me a little guidance on the matter. Perhaps refer a good article or site that covers this subject to get me going in the right direction. Thank you, QB In the 18 years that I have been working with Access, I have helped clients fix 8 data corruptions. The f...

Transferring email addresses from Access to Outlook address book
Is there a way of transferring a list of email addresses with their contact names from an Access Database Table to my Outlook? ...

How to Trap Rogue Data ?
I have an application that generates hourly system performance logfiles which I graph to look for long term trending. The metric I use gradually varies from 1% to about 15% depending on various external factors - such as time of day and day of week. My problem is that the logfiles sometime hiccup and generate bad data resulting is huge spikes in my curve. I have trapped for the big ones > 20% in my source data but I need something smarter so I can catch large deviations from the curve. Unfortunately I do not have the option to fix the application that generated the bad data. Are ther...

Converting Access 2002 to Access 2003 Database
Hi My company has just updated to Window Xp professional ( Operating System ) and Microsoft Office Xp professional. Previous version were Window 2000 and Microsoft Office Xp professional. I have quite few Access database design in Access 2002 ( ie Office Xp ) When I try to convert this database to Access 2003, it gave me error, saying I need to download and update " Microsoft Jet 4.0 service pack 8". I downloaded and updated my systems. When I try to open this database, I get following error " Security Warning : Unsafe expressions are not blocked. Microsoft jet 4.0 service ...

Copying portion of page
This was discussed a while back, but for some reason, I can only access back to June. There was some sort of little "camera" icon in Publisher, and I have used it (to copy only part of a page), but now I cannot find the icon. How can I restore/find it? (I have MS Office 2003). TIA Joy wrote: > This was discussed a while back, but for some reason, I > can only access back to June. There was some sort of > little "camera" icon in Publisher, and I have used it (to > copy only part of a page), but now I cannot find the > icon. How can I restore/find it...

Toolbar dropdown question
Hi, Office XP and Outlook Express will automatically display the double arrow indicating that there are more buttons on the toolbar when the window is resized to the point it hides a few buttons of the toolbar. When we click on this double arrow, a dropdown containing the hidden buttons will pop up. Does CToolBar have this capability? I have taken a look at CToolBar but it did not imply anything to the trick. Anyone has a good suggestion? Thanks much. TDN wrote: > Hi, > > Office XP and Outlook Express will automatically display the double arrow > indicating that there are mor...

XLS2000 IE6 No Data Sort
I've got users with IE6 and Office 2000 who are opening XLS sheets from the web. From the IE browser the Data menu appears but is not functional. I attemped to unlock the toolbar and move it so that none of the menus were covered up thinking this might help. Office XP (2002) with IE 6 works just fine, problem is I have 1500+ users on Office 2000. Can anyone offer any suggestions? I've check permissions on file, users rights on PC and Office/OS updates. Craig ...

Opening file question
When opening a file direct from my documents excel opens but the sheet does not get displayed. Although if you then click print preview the content of the sheet is there. Tried opening excel and then opening file and this works fine. Not a major problem but annoying. Any one shed any light? Cheers, Ash. I think xl is trying to help you. Excel wants to keep the window settings the same way as they were previously. If you saved your workbook in less than a full window, then the next time you open it (via double clicking with no existing xl instance running), it will open it the same win...

Can't see any data in Workflow Monitor
Hey there, Have been finalising my server install and re-adding Opportunities to the newer Workflow. But as doing this I now cannot see any data records whatsoever in the Workflow Monitor. It tells me how many items are Active/Paused ..etc in the Summary creen, but when I got to have them listed no data appears and claims that there are no Active/Paused ..etc records? No idea as to why???????? ...

Access word document from external app while it is open
Hi I open a text file with ms word 2003 (i.e. a common txt file) and I need to edited from ms word which is ok, but I need also in parallel access it by an external application and I cannot (I get a message permission denied). I imagine that ms word lock the file. So what I can do to override this setting? in order to edit the file from another application while the file is opened in word? Thank you There is nothing you can do. Word will lock the file. Word is not a multi-user application. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< &...

Journal Entry Data Dump
Our auditors want a data dump (into Excel preferably) of all Journal Entries made during our fiscal year. Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this? Thanks! Kurt, You can do this in SmartList, under Account Transactions. Limit the transaction date range to get just your fiscal year. Remember to change the number of transactions SmartList brings back, since by default it's only 1000. Also, if you get more than about 65,000 transactions back, you will run into Excel limitations, so you may want to break this up further - maybe one export per month. Hope that helps. -- Vict...

Read Only Access Second time opening
I am having errors while modifying a spreadsheet. I am running Win Xp and Office 97, and can open and modify the file once but if I close it and open it again it wont allow me write access, but only read access to this file. Any ideas? Try cleaning up your windows temp folder and then reopen your workbook. You may have to reboot. Rebecca wrote: > > I am having errors while modifying a spreadsheet. > > I am running Win Xp and Office 97, and can open and > modify the file once but if I close it and open it again > it wont allow me write access, but only read access ...

Tad confused about remote Admin access.
Do I use RWW, RDP or another method. I'm using 2008 standard. What about remote users? -- happyhacker ------------------------------------------------------------------------ happyhacker's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/188993.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/small-business-server/1358122.htm http://forums.techarena.in On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 01:55:49 -0500, happyhacker <happyhacker.4fs1hb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote: > >Do I use RWW, RDP or another method. I'm using 2008 standard. What about >remote users? Depends wha...

sharing an item across pages in word
i have a document in which i have the same table on 5 different places. so now if i have to update this table then i have to update it on 5 places. is there any solution so that if i update that table on one page, then all other tables will also get updated. See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> &...