Custom "File" Menu Bar only showing "Other" - Bluetooth software messing it up?

I have a MS Access 2000 database application with a custom menu bar
i.e. File, with a list of commands. On just  this one computer, this
menu is being replaced with a single item in the list "other", and
when it is opened, it goes straight to a BlueTooth WidComm application
menu. I've tried replacing the database file (it's an .mde file) with
a fresh file, but my toolbar still isn't showing up correctly.

Any ideas on how to find something in the registry perhaps? I
uninstalled every blue-tooth application I could find, and now I still
just get the "other" option in my toolbar, but nothing else..

Thanks.

0
PJorgensenII
5/2/2007 5:23:39 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

PJorgensenII@gmail.com wrote:
> I have a MS Access 2000 database application with a custom menu bar
> i.e. File, with a list of commands. On just  this one computer, this
> menu is being replaced with a single item in the list "other", and
> when it is opened, it goes straight to a BlueTooth WidComm application
> menu. I've tried replacing the database file (it's an .mde file) with
> a fresh file, but my toolbar still isn't showing up correctly.
>
> Any ideas on how to find something in the registry perhaps? I
> uninstalled every blue-tooth application I could find, and now I still
> just get the "other" option in my toolbar, but nothing else..
>
> Thanks.

I have no solution, but I have seen it.  IBM Thinkpad by any chance?

In my case Only sub-menus on menu bars were affected.  Sub-menus on shortcut
menus were fine as were normal menu items and toolbar buttons.  I just
replaced my menu bar with one that had a single item labelled "menu".  That
item opened a shortcut menu that had all of my other menu items on it
(including sub-menus).

This resulted in the same menu as I had originally except that it was
vertically oriented rather than horizontal.  My users seem to prefer that
anyway and it eliminated any concerns about a wider menu bar going
off-screen on lo-res displays.

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...

0
Rick

File opens in another language
When I open a file, it comes up in Greek.The sender created the attachment and it was fine. The sender used Miccrosoft Outlook.Please help Is it in Greek (as in you recognize the Greek language) or is it that the file contains "jibberish"? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Louisq" <Louisq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:841ACB56-EF2E-4D06-B76B-656B959DB761@microsoft.com... > When I open a file, it comes up in Greek.The sender created the attachment >...

data validation using named range from another file
I am setting up a list for cells. I am using data validation and picking a named range. I have no issue if the range is in the active workbook. but i need to use a range from a different workbook. is that possible? if so how? Thanks On 12 avr, 21:33, pat67 <pbus...@comcast.net> wrote: > I am setting up a list for cells. I am using data validation and > picking a named range. I have no issue if the range is in the active > workbook. but i need to use a range from a different workbook. is that > possible? if so how? > > Thanks Hello, If you want to use...

move acct. from one file to another--HELP!!! Please?
I just tried posting, and I don't see it, so I am trying it again. I use MS Money 2001, and I want to move one of my accounts from one of my MS Money files to another one of my MS Money files. Can this be done easily, or am I going to have to recreate the account in the new file? I would certainly appreciate some help! Thanks. See the answer in your other post. "stuckinmissouri" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78e201c476b9$8e2938b0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I just tried posting, and I don't see it, so I am trying > it again. ...

i can edit share file even though the file is in use by other pers
when i open the office file (excel and word..) on shared drive through network, and other person open it then it should be supposed be displayed " file in use" and open as read only .....something like that. but it doesn't in our network. anything doesn't show. do you know the problem is ? our file server OS is w2k3. pls help me out ....thanks.. The workbook may be shared ? Check the Tools menu, and Help on shared workbooks. HTH. Best wishes Harald "DJ" <DJ@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:63085C12-8A55-453B-82CC-EF4CC161377C@microsoft.c...

Saving Pub file to other format.
I need to save my pub file to another format. I thought rtf or MS word 2007 would do, but I get the message that I can't save graphics in these formats. What format can I save it to where another person without Pub.2000 can open and edit. There aren't any. To edit a Publisher file, you need Publisher. Now if you meant the other person *had* Pub 2000, you can do a Save As and save it as a Pub 2000 format. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "PcCowboy" <PcCowboy@discussions.micro...

Tranferring email files form one PC to another
I realize that this question has been asked a thousand times before and I should have paid attention. . I have copied all the files with the *dbx extension to a memory stick. How do I get them from there into the Local Folders of the new PC. TIA, Hagen Sahm Assuming this is OE to OE? Did you include Folders.dbx? If yes: Backup & Restore: http://www.insideoe.com/backup/ Backing up and Cloning your OE Identities: http://www.insideoe.com/backup/clone.htm If you did not include Folders.dbx, you have some work cut out for yourself. How to restore individual dbx f...

Converting Publisher Files to Adobe InDesign or Other?
Does anyone know of any ways to covert Publisher files to an Adobe format or another workable format (unlike PDF)? Thanks. Nope. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "ingenious" <chaysster@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1146353310.179083.53630@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Does anyone know of any ways to covert Publisher files to an Adobe > format or another workable format (unlike PDF)? > > > Thanks. > Text can be copied and pasted to Notepad and the copied and pasted to the other format... "ingenious" <chaysster@gmai...

Converting files from one version of Publisher to another.
My files won't open when I upgraded fron Office 2000 to Office 2003. how do I use all my old files with the new version? Do you have Norton? Disable "script blocking". If that doesn't do it, in Norton, options, disable Office Plug-ins". -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "J Robinson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2773c01c4637e$1e0d3e30$a401280a@phx.gbl... > My files won't open when I upgraded fron Office 2000 to > Office 2003. how do I use al...

Linking to Files in other Folders using Excel VBA
Hi, I want to create a macro in a workbook that automatically links to other worksheets. For instance, if i run the following code below, cell E12 will automatically link to cell E12 in sheet "Accounting Data" of file "6460.xls" in folder "C:\My Documents\Accounts\ Range("E12").FormulaR1C1 = "='C:\My Documents\Accounts\[6460.xls]Accounting Data'!RC" I could repeat this code over and over again in reference to other cell ranges, but I'd like to clean it up. I've attempted to do so, with the following code: '-----------------...

Problems moving my money file to another computer
I have recently bought a new computer and am trying to move my existing Money file to the new machine. I've copied the file across without any problem, but when I try and open it I get the message 'money cannot open the file or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to change it, or your disk drive is write-protected.' I've checked and the file is not read-only. Does anyone have any ideas how to solve this? Thanks Assuming you are using M2005 there was a big download patch that won't be on the original M2005 CD. Ch...

Copy a page from one .vsd file to another
Seems I used to know how to do this, but how do I copy a page from one .vsd to a different .vsd file, so that I can consolidate the pages in one .vsd file? Well, you might be confusing Visio with PwrPnt or Excel. There is no page copy functionality. The best you can do is copy the drawing from the old file, and then paste it in the new file. Mark Nelson refers to this link for further info: http://blogs.msdn.com/visio/archive/2006/11/14/smarter-paste-between-pages.aspx Wapperdude "cupboy" wrote: > Seems I used to know how to do this, but how do I copy a page from o...

Save a chart as a TIFF (or other graphic file)?
Hi All, I'm an introductory Excel user. I've created some charts that I'd like to use in poster production, but I don't see how to save a chart as a TIFF or JPG. Can this be done without buying a 3rd-party solution? My workaround has been to display the chart as large as possible, the copy & paste into a graphics program. Is there a better way? Thanks in advance! hi, At the bottom of the save as box in the file type box are your save options. tiff and jpg are not one of them. >-----Original Message----- >Hi All, > >I'm an introductory Excel user....

I am unable to Import contacts as a PST FILE from another computer
My secretary is working on another computer MS 2000 correcting addresses for me as I continue to work on my MS XP computer. Now that all of the work is done I am trying to import the contacts back into my computer but I get a notice that " I don't have permission." Can you imagine that? I have tried this with a past word and without a password. Make sure the file isn't marked read-only. If it's on a CD, move it to your hard drive and remove the read-only attribute. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered...

References to other Excel Files
Hi everybody! Our small business company (200 users) is about to migrate its current IT infrastructure into a new server and file system. This migration will affect a great many of our excel spreadsheets as they refer to other excel files and source and destination files will be moved into other network- paths. --> is there any way to replace existing static references (like "='F:\Controlling\fy2002\Average Sales Prices\[Average Prices Q1.xls]Average Price'!$E$15/$X$70") with both - UNC links (rather than the reference to a network- drive 'F:\) - and the n...

Backup All Outlook files on (C) to Another Installed Hard Drive (D)
I'd like to back up all my Outlook 2000 SP-3 files: e-mail files/folders; calendar, contacts, and so forth to my 60 GB backup disk. I'd also like to copy all files to CD-RW drive on occassion to protect against total system failure. How do I go about this? I don't know which folder and file names Outlook uses. Thanks in advance. The most important things are in a *.pst -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange...

File Open Other Users mailbox
When you are asked to open a mailbox for someone, and you use File, Open, Other users Mailbox. How do you then get rid of that from your Outlook settings. I am sure I used to be able to do this. I have Outlook 2000 and Exchange 5.5. I dont mean the adding additional mailboxes, I can do that. Thanks John You mean from the last opened list? These entries are contained in the registry; [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles] -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, ...

Drag a file(path) from an Access Form into another app?
I’ve read all about dragging files INTO Access forms, and dragging and dropping data between controls on Access forms. I need to do something different: MyApp has a subform with a list of files in a folder on the local HD. Currently I have buttons that opens the file using a Shell() command. The Users want to be able to drag files out of the list (on the subform in Access) and into other programs (like Notepad or Word), and have them open just like you dragged a file there out of windows explorer. I downloaded modules that “expose that Windows API” before, I’m assuming ...

Copying the Editing in one file to Another opened XLS file
hi! I have been given a task to develop some plugin for excel that will copy any type of editing in the current excel file to the other opened excel file. Is it possible. If so then please guide me how to achieve it. Thanks in advance. Ahmad Jalil Qarshi Depends on what you mean by editing - Workbooks("sourcebooks.xls).Worksheets(1).cells.copy ' then pick your poision: Workbooks("Otherbook.xls").Worksheets(1).Cells.PasteSpecial xlFormats Workbooks("Otherbook.xls").Worksheets(1).Cells.PasteSpecial xlValues Workbooks("Otherbook.xls").Worksheets(1).Ce...

Data Validation Lookup List from Another File
Hi, Without duplicating the cell contents in the current spreadsheet (call it Template), is there anyway to have a dropdown list of items (starting in cell T38 and going down to T45) from another file ([Price_List.xls]License_Only!C2 to C whatever row which will change). Then, when the item is selected from the list in T38, lookup the cell to the left in row D of Price_List.xls and put it in S38. The reason I don't want to duplicate the cell contents in the current spreadsheet is because the file will be way too large to deal with. I hope that explains it well enough Thanks for any he...

import, export a page from one file to another
Is there an easy way to take a page from one publisher file and put it in another file? thanks Select all, copy, paste. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "SS" <nonense50@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:e594m.22707$Xb3.3780@newsfe17.ams2... > Is there an easy way to take a page from one publisher file and put it in > another file? > > thanks > Not working. I open both files and can click on `copy all` for the page I want to transfer. when I go to the other file `pas...

open excel file and copy data to another file
I would like to create a macro that would do the following: 1- Open a closed Excel file located on my drive named "A" and select the sheet named "Sheet1" 2- Copy all data from this sheet starting on cell A1 to the already opened master Excel file named "B" on sheet named "Sheet2" cell A1. Thanks in advance for your help. Try the macro recorder. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 09:14:02 -0800 (PST), Norvascom <norvascom@gmail.com> wrote: >I would like to create a macro that would do the following: > >1...

Some links to file use drive letter, others network path, it thinks it is a different file!
I have a sheet with a bunch of lookups to another workbook on our server. I noticed one column that would not update with a Calculate. It sees the link as //Server/path etc... Other links will update and are linked to P:/path... When the file is opened P:/ links resolve to just the file name. The //Server ones don't. The only way to update the //Server lookups is to go into each one and edit and Enter to refresh. I am confused. Please help. I went into data links and sure enough, the same file was listed twice, once with drive letter, once with network path. So from there I opened...

linking to other worksheets and updating a file
This is what I want to do, Sheet 1 contains a list of surnames in column 1, forenames in column 2 along with other data in columns 3, 4, ....... Sheet 2 contains a list of suranmes, forenames some of which are the same as in sheet 1. I want to add a column in sheet 1 which takes the name of the person from sheet 1, looks up that name in sheet 2 and chooses data from one of the columns in sheet 2 and places that data back into the correct row and new column in sheet 1. A further complication might be that there are duplicate surnames in the first sheet so need to look up the forename...

Copying file to another location
Can anyone tell me how to copy an Excel file to another location when open it? I'm trying to allow people to view a copy of a file each tim I update it. Many thanks Stev -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Wouldn't you want to copy your workbook to that location when you save it--not when you open it? I put this code behind the ThisWorkbook module: Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean) Application.OnTime Now + TimeSerial(0, 0, 3), "SaveACopy" End Sub Tnen in a general module, I put this code: O...

Macro in a worksheet template that draws data from other files?
Hi, Just wondering if the above is possible in VBA and if so can anyone guide me to resources / examples of such a program? Tks Dave It's certainly possible, but your query needs to be much more specific than that. Try doing what you can yourself then ask for help on specific issues. People on these groups will willingly give answers, but you have to ask the right questions! Regards, Alan. "sgdav" <sgdav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D761BF24-3BBC-4561-B986-FAA443AD8643@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Just wondering if the above is possible i...