Cursor keys in multiline forms

I may be missing something but I need help with a simple question.
In multiline forms cursor keys Up/Down move cursor to next/previous control
so that I always put short code in Form_KeyDown to change this behavior to
move cursor to next/previous record. I also need to set Form's KeyPreview to
True. This is different from datasheets behavior.

1) Does it behave same way in US (EN) versions of Access?
2) Any workaround to change this behavior so that I don't need a code to
move between records?

TIA

Vlado

0
Vladim
1/9/2008 12:13:08 PM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Form Question 12-31-07
I have a command button on my form I use to look at the "Datasheet view" after closing the datasheet it doesn't return back to the form it returns me to the switchboard. Private Sub Command23_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command23_Click DoCmd.OpenForm "frmScanlog", acFormDS Exit_Command23_Click: Exit Sub Err_Command23_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_Command23_Click End Sub Thanks for your help. I believe since the datasheet veiw of the form is just another way to see the form, when you click the cmd button it doesn't open a new insta...

Copying data form to form
I have a small access database that I have created. I have one table with three forms. There is a few duplicate data fields on the forms but not all. I have the main form set to open the other forms based on choosing a checkbox. What I need to do is automatically copy certain information from the main form to the other forms when they open. All of the data entered is stored on the same table. Any help is greatly appreciated. You CANNOT copy data from one form to another!!! **Forms do not store data. Forms are how you look at (display) the data. **Tables store data. **A query is a &...

Product Keys and IDs
Ok, I'm an idiot. It's been several months since I installed several copies of Office for Mac. Since then the original software CDs have become separated from the machines they were installed on and now I don't know which CD goes with which machine. I'm trying to organize binders for each machine with the appropirate software in them. I know I can get the product ID from the Application menu, but how do I know which ID corresponds to the product key that came with the application CD? Is there anyway to get the product key from the application? Thanks, Beth In article <1...

Bar Chart Legend Key
I have several stacked bar charts. In some the legend keys are square, in others rectangular. Same font size in all. How can I make them all the same - i don't really mind whether they are square or rectangulat, I just want them to be consistent! I've seen them as rectangular when in a combo chart with a line chart series. The squares are stretched out to match the line and marker in the legend for the line series. The only control you have is indirect, based on whether you add this extra series or not. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Soluti...

Populate form txtBox with current User & Date
I'm in need of the code or syntax to autopopulate txtBox1 with th current time & date and txtBox2 with the current User in an excel form This is necessary to record who made changes to the data and when i was done. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Canuc ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Canuck, Try something like the following: Private Declare Function GetUserName Lib "advapi32.dll" Alias "GetUserNameA" _ (ByVa...

Can't find form msg
Hello! I created a table with all my users and whether they were employees or managers so I could enable/disable buttons on my main menu. I created a form from this table that opens with hidden with an AutoExec macro that filters on the CurrentUser. It works fine in the sense that with form opens hidden with the right filter and the buttons are disabled appropriately for the user but first I get a message when the database opens that says: My Database can't find the form 'frmUser' referred to in a macro expression or Visual Basic code. I believe it's only used in the Au...

SAMPLE FORMS
I downloaded SampleForms but cannot view the forms. I get teh "How to use" screen with no further directions. ...

Enter key problem with dialog
I have a dialog that has two Edit boxes and a standard OK button. I need for the cursor to advance from one to the other using the tab key and the enter key. I used this code from the microsoft website, but I could not get it to work and I followed the instructions exactly. It does not do a thing. See more of message below. void CMyDialog::OnOK() { CWnd* pwndCtrl = GetFocus(); CWnd* pwndCtrlNext = pwndCtrl; int ctrl_ID = pwndCtrl->GetDlgCtrlID(); switch (ctrl_ID) { case IDC_EDIT1: pwndCtrlNext = GetDlgItem(IDC_EDIT2);...

Search Form Results Error
I am currently developing a database and as part of that am working on a continuous form. I'm working with an adapted version of Allan Browne's continuous form: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html I have worked with it, altered it to my needs but it is still not working properly. There are no SQL errors, I have combed through and made sure that syntax and format is the same as Allan's version. However, when in form view the Results section is only showing "#Name?" in each text box. I am pretty sure that the filter is working properly, and that the problem is in pullin...

Returning cursor to first cell, next line down
I am using a handheld scanner to record asset/serial numbers of hard ware. I scan 4 cells worth of data (across) and I would like to find a shortcut or macro to return the cursor to first cell, next line down. Any ideas ?? I have scoured the Excel help on the web etc. with no luck. I am using Excel 2000. Jeff Make sure you save a copy of the file to try this as I am not sure what else you are doing... right click on the sheet tab and select 'View Code' and paste the code in the window that pops up. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Application.Intersec...

form design issues
Hello Access 2007 here, 2 quick questions: 1) how can I manage comboboxes do NOT change background on exit? It seems that by default, once you exit the control it kind of make its background transparent, even if either backcolor or backstyle values didn't change, I ckecked. 2) I'm noticing that after starting typing in an unbound form, the labels text seems kind of bolder, not looking "regular" as when the form opened. I read some years ago something about issues regarding memory licking that can cause weird *things*. Does anyone know something more accurate? ...

Assign a range to where the User Form places data
I have a user form with several text boxes and list boxes. I am having difficulties getting the data to be put in the right range. It goes to the next unused line and uses that line, however, there are couple lines at top of spreadsheet, so it uses those, instead of starting on line 4 as I would like. I have tried to select a range in which the lines are to be written, but not getting good results. Undoubtedly there is an easy answer. Thanks in advance for your attention. Hi As always post your macro for comments. Try and see if this can help you: TargetRow=3DRange(...

key combinations
I have the following code on a text box: If KeyCode = vbKeyReturn And Shift = 2 Then Call newcustomer KeyCode = 0 End If and keypreview is set to yes. When I debug the code and check what is passed keycode = 17 and not 13 and shif = 2 as it should. What am I doing wrong. Thanks. Hi, This may be a case there the debugger messes up the actual contents of KeyCode because it gains the focus. In which case what you might do is use a Debug.Print statement to display the actual contents instead of setting a break point. Debug.Print "KeyCode = " &...

Input Form vba help
I was recently trained in visual basic, so writting code and setting macros is very difficult right now. I need some assistance with something that I believe might be very basic. I have a supplier reject log that tracks rejected parts from our suppliers. The worksheet is set up in a table format with several columns for input. I would like to use the a custom user form found in the visual basic editor. I have created the user inport form and named it "Supplier Reject Input Form" The name of the worksheet is "log" with the name of the workbook being " Supplier R...

Registration Keys on a Test Server #2
I have done the upgrade to v10. It is now asking for the Registration Keys to activate the additional modules. If I enter these Keys, will it mess up anything for our production enviroment?? Thanks, Crud The reg keys are stored in the DYNAMICS database. So nothing will happen to your production server if you are doing this on a test server. There is no windows product activation type thingy going on. :) Thank you, Have a Great Weekend, crudduncan "cpa-mcse.net" wrote: > The reg keys are stored in the DYNAMICS database. So nothing will happen to > your producti...

Pulsating Cursor #2
Can someone tell my how to eliminate the on - off pulsating which occurs when my cursor is in either of the Address Windows and the Subject Window of a new message? I am not speaking about the Insertion Point, which should be pulsating, but does not interfere with my typing. Thank you, Bernie Beal. Bernie I think this would be best posted in an Outlook Express news group since that is the news reader you are using for this posting. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 14:29:54 -0500, "Bernie Beal" <bquest@optonline.net> wrote: >Can someone tell my how to elimi...

Customize Exchange 2003 OWA Custom Forms for Contacts
We have just created a custom form for contacts and would like OWA to show the custom fields in OWA. How do we do this? Thanks ...

How do you automatically display a vba form in excel 2007
I have created a form in excel 2007 developer that manipulated data on two of the sheets. Somehow I want the customer to be able to activate the form from one of the sheets so they do not have to run it from developer. I tried to create a macro but once the form activates you cannot stop the macro. I am just learning the developer portion of this software so I you have any ideas please share. Thanks Much Can we see the code you wrote? Actually all that you need to open a UserForm is a one liner as: Sub Button_Click() userFormName.Show End Sub By default, UserForms ...

Cursor flickers
Hi, I change the Cursor of my mouse in WM_SETCURSOR handler. That doesn't cause any flicker in XP, but causes a flicker in 98. Moreover the flicker is strange, I don't see the arrow cursor in between, It is just that my new cursor disappears for a few (fraction of) seconds, before reappearing. Any idea ? Thanks, sath I tend to work in the model of HCURSOR cur = GetCursor(); if(cur != desired) { SetCursor(desired); cur = desired; } which minimized flicker. The problem with SetCursor is that it &qu...

I need to disable to X on a user form
I can't figure out how to prevent someone from clicking the close (X) icon on a user form. I have a cancel button which is what I want them to have to use. thanks How about: Private Sub UserForm_QueryClose(Cancel As Integer, CloseMode As Integer) If CloseMode = vbFormControlMenu Then Beep 'msgbox "doesn't work" Cancel = True End If End Sub cwwolfdog wrote: > > I can't figure out how to prevent someone from clicking the close (X) icon on > a user form. I have a cancel button which is what I want them to have to use. >...

Form on toolbar
How can I add a custom form (made by me) to the toolbar? I'm using Outlook 2007 Thanks, wiersma7 ...

background picture on form
I'm making a video library db and have a picture as the background for my form. My problem is when I go through the list of videos on this form, it doesn't do it smoothly. The background picture disappears for a split second and other controls & borders seems to flash during the transition. Is there a way to stop this from happening? Or is this what happens when pictures are used for the background? Also, another small question: How do I change it so the setfocus is not on the first text box when the form loads? It highlights the entire text and it's driving me crazy...

Selecting a particular field in a form
Sorry about being long winded on this one. I have a form that is based on a table that is linked to another database, which I don't want and can't modify. Within the form the user will input a policy number into a text box and press the search command button. The policy number will appear if it exist. Within the form I have a command button that will append the current policy to another table. Now here is my problem I may get two or three records of the same policy number but with different audit types. What I was thinking is to have a check box (unbound?) to select the p...

cannot type the product key !!!
Hi All, I am trying to install Office 2003 and everything goes fine till the Product key screen. I am not able to type anyhting there and so i am not able to install Office 2003. Please help !!! Are the fields greyed out? Can't you click in it? Can you use the TAB key to get there? -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "masroor" <v_2masra@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uH%23VK6RREHA.2112@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > I am trying to insta...

Cursor
Why is my cursor jumping all over the page and putting in the letters at places not designated? Annoying. Laptop? Disable the touchpad or reduce its sensitivity. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "susansjk@hotmail.com" <susansjk@hotmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF344F8E-7805-476F-A13B-FCC32D0A75C4@microsoft.com... > Why is my cursor jumping all over the page and putting in the letters at > places not designated? Annoying. ...