Crosstab Query Wizard...Can percentages also be displayed?

When using the Crosstab Query Wizard to count values, is it possible for
either the Query or Report (made from the query) to also display the
percentages that sum to the total column? Here's an example of what I'm
looking for:

TOTAL            CATEGORY1           CATEGORY2
4 (100%)            3(75%)                  1(25%)
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Odd Parameter request in Crosstab
Good Morning, I read the threads about creating parameters in crosstab queries and this helped me to get it to work but the parameter box pops up when I try to save the query. Though my changes are saved, I don’t think this is normal? It happens in all views. Can anyone tell me what might be wrong? Here is my SQL: PARAMETERS [Enter Month and Year] DateTime; TRANSFORM Sum(Trans_Mstr_ODC.ODC_Cost) AS SumOfODC_Cost SELECT Trans_Mstr_ODC.TransDate, Trans_Mstr_ODC.Category, Trans_Mstr_ODC.Product, Sum(Trans_Mstr_ODC.ODC_Cost) AS [Total Of ODC_Cost] FROM Trans_Mstr_ODC WHERE...

Can't select anything
Publisher 2002: I have a business card that I want to work on, but I can't select anything. When I click on the select tool, then move the cursor to the document, it goes to a 4-way arrow with the word "move" on it. When I click, nothing will select. What is wrong? -Kevin Kevin Fitz-Gerald wrote: > Publisher 2002: I have a business card that I want to > work on, but I can't select anything. When I click on > the select tool, then move the cursor to the document, it > goes to a 4-way arrow with the word "move" on it. When I > click, nothing ...

Can Visio also UML?
Hi, Can anyone tell me, - if Visio can UML, can it create UML Diagram for Software design (and generate code)? - Can Visio create Database Design and intergration with Database? Thanks TNL The Enterprise Architect edition of Visio (comes when you order vs.net enterprise architect) is the product that works in that area. For a description you might check the v2002 EA documentation, since it hasn't changed much. Al "TNL" <le.nhan@web.de> wrote in message news:evXOxeaAEHA.3804@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Can anyone tell me, > - if Visio can UML, can it c...

Can mutliple users acess an Access database at one time?
See that big white space? That's where you're supposed to put the question... Out of the box. Access is multi-user enabled. The recommended approach, though, is to split the application into a front-end (containing the queries, forms, reports, macros and modules), linked to a back-end (containing the tables and relationships). Only the back-end should be on the server: each user should have his/her own copy of the front-end, ideally on his/her hard drive. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Bigskin Pete" <Bigskin ...

Creating Date Range in Pivot Microsoft Query
I have a pivot that I've connected to our SQL db using the MS Query. I'm having two problems with it: 1. In Access I create a date range to see dates between 3 and 15months ago with the SQL statement " WHERE (Trx.TrxDate) Between (Date()-485) AND (Date()-120)" - no problem in Access but not the MS Query program. When I do it through the Excel MS Query it says the Function 'date' is not valid. How do I describe the current date in the MS Query program? 2. In the same wizard I cannot combine two fields (in Access I would use Expr1: [Field1]&", "...

Error 'Invalid object ##Options' while running Multilevel query in
I created a company in GP9.0 with Analytical Accounting + Service Pack 1, created a transaction dimension and some codes, posted transactions in POP, GL and Inventory. When I ran the Multi level query wizard, i got the error '[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object name "##Options" when I gave all the values and the system started to run the report. What could be the problem? Thanks - Murali The options you are selected in MQW are stored in temp table and using that "##Options" table is created in run time.It might be because the temp ta...

Union queries and crosstab...
I created a union query that combined three tables. Three tables that store three types of deposits (ID, Coupon, Misc). The union query has a criteria of a date range. The fields include SalesAmt for all of the deposit types. If one of the tables do not have data for that date range (let's say Misc), the SalesAmt column for the Misc table does not show up in the query. Is there a way for me to have a filler column so it can be displayed in a report? Currently, if a table has no data, the report errors out saying the column does not exist. Thanks. Use a NZ function on that fie...

Sorting data in a query
Hello, I have a report based on a query that returns employees holiday dates in descending order. This works well but new boss only wants to see the last holiday that staff had. I have tried various methods of trying to return the LAST HOLIDAY DATE FOR EMPLOYEES but I can not achieve it. Could anyone help please? Current query example returns: Mr Smith 21 Oct 07 Mr A 1 OCT 07 mRS b 28 Sep 07 Mrs b 1 Sep 07 Mr z 29 Aug 07 Mr Smith 28 Aug 07 Mr A 20 Aug 07 Miss Y 1 Aug 07 The new query needs to return: Mr Smith 21 Oct 07 Mr A 1 OCT 07 mRS b 28 Sep 07 Mr z 29 Aug 07 Miss Y ...

How I can open and excel file when I forgot the password?
See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/fileandvbapwords.html ...

>1 hh displays in minutes. Display in hour+?
Sorry, I've looked everywhere, through google and all my saved spreadsheets but I don't remember enough to have brought up any kind of useful result. I have a spreadsheet that is tracking time. I have the format set to HH:mm:ss and enter 375000, for example, for a 37.5 hh workweek. In the column that deducts for overtime, I have a couple of entries like this: 00:74:00 00:81:00 where 00:74:00 would be better as 01:14:00 for 1 hour and 14 minutes, and 00:81:00 should display as 01:21:00. How can we this be done pls? I don't see how to apply anything in http://www.cpearson.com/...

can't format for leading zeros
i'm importing data from excel. i need to have the data with 10 digits, so leading zeros must be added to some of the numbers, but not all. i have my table set as text, and the format is set as 0000000000. yet, when i save, the table doesn't convert to add the leading zeros. am i supposed to be writing a query to do this? or should i be changing the formatting in a different way any help is much appreciated Hi format the cells as number and apply your format. This should do the trick -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "iris b" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft...

Trouble with Query Statement
I keep getting the following error with the code below: runtime error '13'; Type mismatch. Set rst = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("SELECT tblCaseInfo.CaseID, tblCaseInfo.DHSNo, tblCaseInfo.Region, tblCaseInfo.DHSAttny, tblCaseInfo.CaseName, " _ & "tblAction.CaseID, tblAction.Actn, tblStatus.CaseId, tblStatus.ClosedDate, tblStatus.StatusRptNotes " _ & "FROM (tblCaseInfo INNER JOIN tblAction ON tblCaseInfo.CaseId = tblAction.CaseID) " _ & "LEFT JOIN tblStatus ON tblCaseInfo.CaseId = tblStatus.CaseId " _ & "WHERE ((...

Query to Determine if Course is Taken
Hi, I have a table that lists courses an employee has taken. I also have a list of courses, when then expire and what their retraining course should be. Now I need to determine if the employee has taken not only the original course, but the retrained course when they're on separate lines. So.. if he's taken course 123 which expires in 12 months. Then he takes course 124. It shows in the list of courses that he's taken that 124 was also completed. However, my flag just determines that 123 is expired. I need that flag to not show if 124 has been taken. Hope that's a compl...

Date parameters on crosstab report?
I am reporting on orders analysed by advertising source. I have built my first crosstab query that works fine, and then a report based on that which also works OK. However, we need to select the date range (order date) for which it is reporting. In the past with ordinary select queries I have simply added Between [Enter start date] And [Enter end date] to the appropriate date field column in the design grid and it has worked fine. But on this one it makes no difference - it either continues to display the whole set of data, or nothing at all, depending on the syntax I use. Is there som...

Query Criteria 04-15-10
Hi, Some of the fields I have in a table which is imported from a csv file are: Salesperson (has up to 20 names in it) Status (has Won,Lost,Submitted,Prospect,Did Not Proceed,Estimation) Status Date (has date) Value ($ value) What I am getting stuck on is a query to get the total value per Salesman for each status and also the count of each status, I would like it to show in datasheet form something like below. Salesman $won No. Won $lost No.Lost A $100000 5 $150000 3 B ...

Excel query #5
Hi, I'm using Microsoft Query to get data from my Access tables. After the 64th query, I get the message "[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed", which means I can't add another query. I need several more queries. Each query has 53 fields. Can I increase the number of queries the driver can open some way? If not can, pivot tables or OLAP cubes open more queries. I have played with them some. Can they open that many fields? Are pivot tables or OLAP cubes the best way to handle the data? I'm not looking for a 'how to' ans...

Queries to Views?
I posted this question in a SQL Svr newsgroup and was basically slapped down for doing so. I was told this is an "Access" issue and I should try an "Access" group (man, those guys can be sensitive!). So, here we go... I've tried a few different approaches but, each time I try to convert an access query to a view in SQL Svr 2000, the result is a table not a view. Does anyone know how to take the dozens of queries I've created and move them into SQL server as views without copying and pasting the SQL statements into query analyzer one at a time? I've ...

Can't Get Moneycentral to Load
I download the custom or higher level version and I can't see the chart. Just get a placeholder where the chart should be. Running Win98. Used to run it before, but not now. Anyone have any ideas? Is it some graphics setting I'm missing? Thanks. "Question Quigley" <Quigley-at-limerick-dot-ie> wrote in message news:YNnjg.4959$hN2.1745@trnddc05... > > I download the custom or higher level version and I can't see the chart. > Just get a placeholder where the chart should be. > > Running Win98. Used to run it before, but not now. > > Any...

How can i filter offline copy of public folder?
Hello, We have a public folders which receives all our newsletters and other news via e-mail. I want to make this available offline, but I don`t want the entire folder, only the last 14 days of e-mails. I am aware of the "FIlter" button on the Synchronization tab on the folder, but I have no option to set it to "last 14 days" here. Can anyone help? Best regards, Trond Hindenes ...

Network connection for query
G'day there One and All, I'm currently trying to adapt a few of the Dept's workbooks to suit our district. There is a single master book, to produce reports, that is available to all on a read only basis and read write to the relevent manager. There are also a number of data entry books that are identical to each other and that provide the data from each division. The master book uses a query to obtain data from the division's books and thereby build the reports. The data books are read write for everyone with only a single sheet from each providing data for the que...

Excel Won't Recognize Numbers
Hi, I can't get Excel to recognize numbers when copying text from a specific site for some reason. When I copy and paste numbers and search terms after doing a query from this site... http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion/ it seems that in excel, they display with a space before each number and each term. I'm not an advanced user and I just can't seem to get rid of the space so that I can sort by number or by term alphbetically (without manually deleting each unnecessary space). I have tried using the 'trim' function, paste special->value...

Templates and Queries
I have an Excel Template that contains a query pulling from and Access Database. I have tried to modify this query, however, it doesn't seem to accept my changes. I can create a new query within a new template and then it works fine. Rather than doing this for everyone, I would like to just modify the query and save that within the template. I've tried saving the query and then resaving the template also. What am I doing wrong. This is Excel XP. Thanks, ...

Can't send email in Outlook
Hi, We use MS Small Business SErver 2000. I set up everything for our new person, but she gets the following error every time she tries to send an email "to the outside" (intranet works fine): The email account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the meail address or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. <keenserver.keen.local #5.1.1> I've checked and her email is set up the same as everyone else's email. Also, I know the address is correct because it's mine! Any suggestions re: the problem? Thanks!...

How to get TEXT() to display minutes?
If I code =text(B2,"M") I get the month number. How can I get TEXT() to return the minutes? Does =MINUTE(B2) do what you want? -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "Square Peg" <SquarePeg@Round.Hole> wrote in message news:5h6ud4tq4pfff7mveg9avt9a0rc7p2qkb7@4ax.com... > If I code > > =text(B2,"M") > > I get the month number. How can I get TEXT() to return the minutes? On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 09:24:57 +0100, "Bob Phillips" <bob.ngs@somewhere.com> wrote: >Does ...

Query to find when a total is hit
We are trying to get some statistics on our Inventory people to see if they are issuing material to work orders on time. My work order table has a field that shows the last transaction date of the order, but if Inventory issue all the material then has to issue more because of scrap later they get dinged as being late. We have a Transaction History table that shows every issue however I don't know a good way to find out when the total number of needed parts was reached. For Example I am creating a shop order that needs 3 parts, 50 of each: ShopOrder PartNeeded D...