creating forms 07-16-07

I have created a form but once I enter the info I can't get the line to
continue down to add more records, it will just stay on the one record. I set
my property default view to continuous forms but it will only stay on the one
form and once I close out the form it doesn't save the info i typed in.

Please advise..

thanks,
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Is the form bound to a record source?

"Brandiwine" <Brandiwine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have created a form but once I enter the info I can't get the line to
> continue down to add more records, it will just stay on the one record. I
> set
> my property default view to continuous forms but it will only stay on the
> one
> form and once I close out the form it doesn't save the info i typed in.
>
> Please advise..
>
> thanks,

0
BruceM

Exposing Creating User's team membership
Hi, Can anyone demonstrate (or point me in the right direction) the following:- We have a number of sites, and a number of teams which map directly to the sites and have the same name as the site (eg siteA has a corresponding team called siteA). When in an opportunity, I would like to obtain the value of the creating user's team, and use this to set a value in another picklist. I am having trouble retrieving the team membership of the user that created the opportunity. Does anyone know of a way to do this? I am not even sure where to start looking at this. Thanks Fentp Hi Fen...

Cannot Create _MSCRMDistribution database when i reinstall CRM
Hi, I built a front end CRM Server, using the 5 license keys MSDN_Subscriber. Had to uninstall this and reinstall CRM as we had another 25 licenses under the name of our company. Problem is, i've reinstalled CRM and the new organization key, everything looks and works absolutely fine, however there are only three databases, the companyname_MSCRMDistribution is missing. So... Gone into Deployment Manager>Servers Manager>Configure SQL Server which is supposed to create this database? I just get an error in the event log: Source: DMSNAPIN Event ID: 0 dmLog: Failed to execute t...

Custom LDAP/OPATH query to create custom address list?
I'm going to ask this again because it seems to be a big problem going to exchange 2007. How does one create a custom LDAP query to an external server to build a custom address list? It would be nice to be able to create custom address lists built on LDAP queries to Active Directory or OpenLDAP, etc. Can this be done? Only recipients in Active Directory can appear in Address Lists. You would have to import external recipients into AD as Contacts to be able to do this. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ------------------------...

sports 05-30-07
jkcsaj djladfh dvkldw w please go play in another newsgroup. .. "���� �������" <mhadi71179@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uOgczTuoHHA.5032@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > jkcsaj djladfh dvkldw w > ...

How to create a stacked bar, line combination chart
I am having trouble creating a stacked bar and line combination chart. The standard excel charts offer a bar and line chart option, but does not seem to offer a stacked bar and line option. Has anyone done this type of chart? I just asked a very similar question, but didn't get any answer. However, I did figure out a way to get it to do what I wanted. 1. Start with a plain stacked bar graph and chart everything you want in that format. If you choose 2 columns for your X-labels, Excel is smart and will give you 2 levels of X-labels and will space your chart columns according to the...

adding field to form
Hello, I have made continiuse form with 10 field that works (text box in detail and lables in form header) but when i want to add one more field that text box is in detail part of form and lable in form header part ,I can not save my form.and access goes to repair mode after saving and there is no change when I reopen my form. thanks. ...

How do I create a formula that lists only the last entry in a colu
-- Walter See this page Walter http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.LastValue.html -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Walter" <Walter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7435D17-C9FF-403C-B54D-34349AD2E193@microsoft.com... > > -- > Walter ...

Malicious Code error when opening a custom outlook form
After installing Visio 2003 on XP Professional with Microsoft Office 2002 installed, I get the following error when I launch a custom outlook form... "To help prevent malicious code from running, one or more objects in this form were not loaded. For more information, contact your administrator." Has anyone seen this or know how to address it? ...

change the default opening of a form to enter a new record
How can you stop a form defaulting to record 1 when you want to type in a new record. The only way we are getting round this at the moment is to click on the icon New record. However, every time we open the form to enter another record it is always showing record 1 -- Thank you for reading my post. Hopefully you can answer my querie Shazza - Set the form property Data Entry to Yes. That will default to opening the form for new records. -- Daryl S "Shazza" wrote: > How can you stop a form defaulting to record 1 when you want to type in a new > r...

Search Form
I have read some help articles on sub forms, however, have yet to find the solution that helps me. Some groups have stated that this is not known, however I know there has to be an easy solution: I have a form that also has a subform. The two are linked by a field, [Eno]. When I add records, etc, everything works beautifully. However, If I wanted to search the form from a SUB-FORM field [EMPLOYEE] from the MAIN form, It will now work. I started the search with a unbound text box, - after update which will be the search terms, however, I am trying to figure out VBA code that will ...

Reports 11-15-07
I have a table for entering tickets, there is a date, violation, and a fine feild. I have made are report that adds all the fines together. The report adds all of the new enteries ont it. What I want to do is each week print out a report with only that weeks information on it but the report shows all of the information on it even when I filter my table. I was able to make a new report with the filter information but had to built it all over again. Is there a way to set up a report and only us it when I filter the information. Base the report on a query. In the query Field: DateFieldNa...

Creating Links to Custom Views in the SItemap
Hi, I have been trying all morning to edit the site map to create links on the left nav to point to some custom views I have set up. I have different views of accounts like Current Customers, Past Customers etc and want to be able to create a link in the left nav to go straight to these views. I have tried inserting the following code in my site map but when I try to upload it MS CRM complains that it is an invalid file. It is the params that appear to be the problem as a link to www.google.com works fine. Am I trying to achieve something that is not possible or am I doing something wrong? &l...

objects created in 2002 (2000 format) not avail in 2000 boxes
I have created a new query and report in an Access 2000 database. This is the first modification since my PC was upgraded to 2002. The database is still in 2000 format (according to the banner). Other users, however, do not see the newly created query or report? (They are Access 2000) Any suggestions? TIA, tj Hi, My name is Amy Vargo. Thank you for using the Microsoft Access Newsgroups. Is this database in a shared folder that multiple people can access, or did you create your own copy of the database? Maybe you are using the wrong file. Verify that the file is in 2000 forma...

concatenate 04-16-10
I want to combine three cells with 'Concatenate' function and get the result like cell A1 = 10 (emp code) cell B1 = filename.xls cell C1 = sheet1'!A1 my coding is =concatenate(a1,b1,c1) --- it should show the content of cell A1 in 10filename.xls , since the A1 is changeable. rpmani Try the below. (Hope 10filename.xls is open) =INDIRECT("'["&A1&B1&"]" & C1) -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "rpmani" wrote: > I want to combine three cells with 'Concatenate' function and get the result &g...

auto create a file
i have a time card in excel that i'd like to automeate a bit more. right now I have a button on the form to save to a specific file, and it names the new time card by name, date and job #. something like "brianh10/14hilton". people have been asking for copies, and it's tough for me to modify the code for the button to save to their correct path. right now mine saves to something like /mydoc's/time/billing/. Is it possible to code the button so that , if the file doesn't exist, the code can create the correct path. code is as follows: Sub Save_As_FileName(...

How do I create a dynamic chart
I have a database on sheet "D" with 1000 rows of data 79 columns wide. How do I create a single line chart on sheet "A" that graphs a single row on sheet "D" where the row number is specified in cell H1 on sheet "A" This doesn't work: =D!&ADDRESS(OFFSET(A1,H1,1,1,1),1):ADDRESS(OFFSET(A1,H1,1,1,1),78) The chart would graph out whatever D! row number is pointed to by cell A1 on sheet "A" read other posts today -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Nick Krill" <NickKrill@discussions...

Workflow against System Created Object
Hello World! I have built similar workflow in the past, but this one is stumbling me! My scenario: We are using c360 Email Marketing - When a "Communication Audit" is created I need to email the "Contacts Owner". When a "User" creates a "Communication Audit" my workflow runs smoothly. But when the Audit is created by the "System" the workflow doesn't run. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks in Advance Anthony On May 30, 9:29=A0am, awakin <awa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello World! > > I have built simil...

How do I create a chart title dependant on an Auto Filter
Hi, I have created a chart where the info changes depending on the autofilter results. Is there a way of having the chart title change to reflect what is in Column A of the filtered data. I cannot use a cell reference as the cell reference changes depending on the result of the filter. Hope I am making sense :-) Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated This could probably be better but it works where your title row is a2 Sub colaval() mt = Range("a3:a100").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Range("a1") ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 3").Activate Activ...

Trying to create completely server side, document merge
I was given the task of designing a complete web based document prep system. In simplest terms (using a msword explanation) create a database of merge fields, and a library of templates. Allow the webuser to select the template, merge his DB record, and produce a formatted document that can be printed or downloaded. We need to do this without specialized software on the client, since it will be universally available to webusers. We considered using PDF, but the creation of the templates were painfully slow, and the datamerge had severe space limitations (the form could not adequately...

summing in a form..
In my form i have Beginning Mileage, Ending Mileage, Total Daily Mileage. As of now I have to enter Beginning Mileage, my Ending Mileage is =Nz([AR],0)+Nz ([LA],0)+Nz([TX],0)+Nz([MS],0)+Nz([OK],0)+Nz([Other])+[Beginning Mileage]. my Total Daily Mileage is =Nz([AR],0)+Nz([LA],0)+Nz([TX],0)+Nz([MS],0)+Nz([OK] ,0)+Nz([Other]). Is there a way that i can make my Beginning Mileage carry over from the previous record (so i wouldnt have to manually enter it)? Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200705/1 Thanks for the reply. T...

Customize Exchange 2003 OWA Custom Forms for Contacts
We have just created a custom form for contacts and would like OWA to show the custom fields in OWA. How do we do this? Thanks ...

PRINT INVISIBLE FORM
Hi All, I have a form A that I sometimes print using the printout command, after passing some parameters and making calculations. I want to print the same form A from another form while making form A invisible. How should I do this? -- Glint You should create a report from form a and print that instead of the form. That way you don't have to hide anything. Reports are meant to be for printing. Forms are meant for data-entry and showing data... -- Maurice Ausum "Glint" wrote: > Hi All, > I have a form A that I sometimes print using the printout command, after >...

Add Record from form into two tables
I have a form (frm_Invoice) that records phone serial # from customers. I want to create a new record in both the tbl_Inventory and tbl_Inventory_Detail when someone scans in a DEC_SN into the frm_Invoice. The issue I am running across is that the tbl_Inventory_Details has a child relationship to the tbl_Inventory. I chose this set up because most of the inventory is manually entered from shipments received from a warehouse. I created a form and sub form for the inventory tying the SN_ID from each table on a one to many relationship. I do not know how to update both tables at ...

How do I set up a Startup Form with Access 2007 ?
Hi When I open a database, I want a certain form to start. This form is going to be used for a menu. Please let me know. Thanks Mark Create a macro named Autoexec. Have action open your form. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "mthornblad@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi > > When I open a database, I want a certain form to start. This form is > going to be used for a menu. > > Please let me know. > > Thanks > Mark > > On Aug 13, 5:24 pm, kasab <ka...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Alternatively, click the Office button ...

How to auto create volume bands
I have several thousand data points and I want to group these in a volume band. I would enter a number, lets say a band value of 200, and the query would return how many records fell into a band of 200, then increment and bad those as well until it hits the max value of the records? If I thought I had too many bands, I could test incrementing by 300 and continue this until I felt I had a good representation of data. Is there a way to do this with an Access query without manually building a table? Thanks You can feed a "band" value into the Partition() function. ...