Creating a Report from a Form

I've spent the last 2 hours creating and tweaking a form in Access 2003 for
viewing data that was submitted through a web form.  I want to add a command
button that will allow a user to print the record that they are currently
viewing in the form...however, everything I've found refers to having the
coding for the print button simply send the primary key for the record to
the report that I want to print and then it will print out.  But my form IS
my report.  All the data I would want to show in the report is shown in my
form.  Does this mean that I have to go through the whole process again of
creating a report and tweaking the formatting even though I just did all of
that for my form?  Or is there some simpler way to import my form into a
report and use it that way?

-Brian Beck

0
Brian
4/24/2007 5:14:23 PM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

In addition to Jeff C's suggestion, bear in mind that the appearance/design
of how you present data on a screen (i.e., a form) is rarely also a good
design/appearance for how you should print out the data (i.e., a report).
While it is possible to use a "form as a report", that doesn't mean its a
good idea to.

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Office/Access MVP

"Brian Beck" <brian.beck@tea.state.tx.us> wrote in message
> I've spent the last 2 hours creating and tweaking a form in Access 2003
> for viewing data that was submitted through a web form.  I want to add a
> command button that will allow a user to print the record that they are
> currently viewing in the form...however, everything I've found refers to
> having the coding for the print button simply send the primary key for the
> record to the report that I want to print and then it will print out.  But
> my form IS my report.  All the data I would want to show in the report is
> shown in my form.  Does this mean that I have to go through the whole
> process again of creating a report and tweaking the formatting even though
> I just did all of that for my form?  Or is there some simpler way to
> import my form into a report and use it that way?
>
> -Brian Beck

0
Jeff

Display filename, path in report footers
I am trying to get the filename, path etc appear in report footers. Can anyone tell me how this could be done. Thanks in advance. SJ SJ wrote: >I am trying to get the filename, path etc appear in report footers. >Can anyone tell me how this could be done. Thanks in advance. SJ The path and file name of the front end mdb file can be displayed in a text box by using the expression: =CurrentDb.Name -- Marsh MVP [MS Access] ...

create a roster

Task Create - Status

chart on the report
I wanted to have a chart on my report base on my table or query. Are there any controls support this? Your help is great asppreciated, Click on the Query. choose Insert, Report. Choose Chart Wizard. If you want the report to be linked to a field in your report (eg a different sales chart for each employee) then you can make the chart a subreport, putting in the correct section of your report eg the Details section and in the Properties box of the subreport choose the Master and Child fields (the Unique field that the chart and the main report have in common - usually a primary key field) ...

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

Open Report
Using MS Access 2003. I have a filter form that opens a report based on the criteria selected. The user can select 4 different reports. 3 work fine. The other one requires the user to press the process report button twice. On the second press, the report opens fine. I debugged for errors upon opening the report and the degger returns a 0 for err.number after the report is opened. Ideas? Thanks. ...

Continuous form record number
I have a form whose default view is 'continuous form'. Then when I click a button I need to delete the record where the mouse is (was just) placed. How can I find out the record number? Alternatively any idea is welcome. Thanks Henry "H. Martins" <hjrmartins@gmail.com> wrote in message news:b4ab14e1-51c6-4c16-8a78-bc7df76670de@k31g2000vbu.googlegroups.com... >I have a form whose default view is 'continuous form'. > > Then when I click a button I need to delete the record where the mouse > is (was just) placed. > > Ho...

excel with another reporting tool?
hi, I have only worked on vba macros where my input and output is both excel. Using macros most of the time it crashes and the end-user is then not comfortable with it. I wanted to go for a better solution. Not sure how go to about it. I was thinking of generating crystal reports. If i use crystal reports how is the format generated. I wanted to its feasibility study. Anyone who has done some work on this please go suggest. Will the end user have the authority to still edit the report. WIll it contain the formulas as we fianlly see in the excel. Please provide any infomartion that...

when form created

Item Movement Report Amendement...
Dear all, Some time ago there was an amendment made to the Item Movement Report provided by Akber (thank you Akber it's great). What I'm interested in is seeing an item's qty sold / on hand (which I already have) and the total committed. If possible, if I could then see what was then available (as in what is on my shelves) that would be great. We find that if we have received 48 items, sell 31 - then look on the shelf and only find 10, we of course are short for that item. Of course, once one does a report on an item by item basis and clicks on the Inventory tab you get...

Creating a Brochure

inconsistent restriction/sort expression error in report writer
When I'm generating the Multicurrency Long Form report, the error "Inconsistent restriction/sort expression. Please add the following restriction 'calc20008 = calc20008' appears. I tried doing the knowledge base article 864430 but still the error appears. This report have modifier with vba in it. It did not specify which fields I need to add in the restriction. Hope someone can help me. Thanks, If you did follow KB article 864430 and you are still getting this error, it means you still have not identified the most nested table in your report (the one with the more d...

How to create Access macro shortcut

Chart item reports with OUTLOOK via Excel or ?
I want to create reports for OUTLOOK items (particularly tasks). I'd like to be able to see charts that display things like the amount of time spent on tasks for various clients, the type of work done, and the dates (including time of day). I'd like to be able to look at these reports daily if possible. Is there a way that I can do this? I thought that there must be a way by exporting the items into excel then manually setting up charts but this would be time consuming to do each time. Any help is appreciated (I've spent days trying to figure this out) ...

Creating an ad book

Access unable to create an MDE

Report based on a record
How can I make a report, when it's opened, ask for user input? I need to have the user select a name from a list & report on that name's record. Is this done in the query for the report or the report itself? Thank You Don I almost always open a form first that has a control for the user to select or enter the criteria value(s). Then I add a button to open the report. There is sample code for this at http://www.mvps.org/access/reports/rpt0002.htm. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "blanch2010" wrote: > How can I make a report, when it...