Counting totals for weekly reports

I've got a report which prints off student absences, I'd like to print off a
total for the number of absences in the week, and a total for the number of
students who are absent, I've done this for the monthly report but when I set
the student code to count in the design view for the weekly report it still
counts each student individually instead of totalling the absences.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Add a footer for the weekly grouping on the report and set the controlsource
to:

= Sum([Absences])

or whatever the Absence field name is.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"rb" <rb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've got a report which prints off student absences, I'd like to print off
> total for the number of absences in the week, and a total for the number
> of
> students who are absent, I've done this for the monthly report but when I
> set
> the student code to count in the design view for the weekly report it
> still
> counts each student individually instead of totalling the absences.

0
Arvin

Reported corrupt backup file
I always backup at the end of each session to an internal 100MB Zip Atapi drive. I have been doing this successfully for several years, and on each reformat or reinstallation of Money (Version 2001), I have had no problems at all in rstoring the backup. I recently had to reformat my hard drive, and on trying to recover the backup rec'd the message " The file I:\............Is either corrupt or not a money file. I have tried sending other files to the disc (Excel File) and have no problem opening it from the said disc. Any suggestions, as the backup covers 8 - 9 Years of tra...

Pivot table and counting.

Report Writer Question #4
I had modifed the existing Transaction Inquiry Report by Vendor to include Totals. The out of the box report does not have grand total if you print it. The AP persons uses this report as opposed to the AP aging due to their preference of format and ease of running the report. The issue has come about where one of the transaction listed is a Void transaction and although the inquiry window is correctly listing it - but since I modified the report to give me a grand total of all transactions - by including the void in the grand total we are doubling this transaction. Therefore, I need ...

Cycle Counting

Count

CRM, MOSS 2007, Integrated SQL Reports
I am trying to determine if this configuration is possible and if so how to complete it. Currently I have one server running SQL 2005 and reporting services, I have seperate server with MOSS 2007 portal, and a third server running CRM 3.0. I would like to use the reports integration add in for MOSS 2007 to move my SQL reports into SharePoint. If I do this, will CRM 3.0 reports work? Anyone have this configuration? Any suggestions? SQL one license (processor license) CRM one server license SharePoint Portal Server one server license all appropriate cals. I thought about adding a ...

Line count

MS CRM 1.2 crashing at least once a week
I have a SBS 2003 server running MS CRM 1.2, I am also running SQL on the same server. At least once a week the CRM server will just stop working, no services appear to fail, nothing seems to be out of the ordinary. I will still get a login prompt if I try to access the CRM page over HTTP. Once I enter my credentials it will just sit there trying to load the page. It never times out and never gives me any kind of error. The only thing I was able to pull out of the event log that seems related is the following. Source: SQLSERVERAGENT Event ID: 208 SQL Server Scheduled Job 'Start_Increment...

Outlook data file (pst) is much larger than as reported by Outlook !
Hi all, My Outlook's pst file is 1.7GB, ie quite close to the danger zone (2GB). When I ask Outlook for the size of the folders and all other datas it only shows 1.1 GB total ! Is the file corrupted ? Maybe some remains of an older account ? Using scanpst.exe I see no error or problem in this file. Is there some kind of "purge" operation (other than brutal deletion) ? Claude-Albert NB : same problem seen in Outlook XP and Outlook 2003 for the same pst file. Aloha C-A Berseth, Have you tried compacting it yet? (right-click the root folder of the Personal Folders File, ...

Counting sales

Date range for a report
Hi I am trying to run a query and can't seem to nail down the right code. We use the access database to track files, incoming/outgoing correspondence dates etc. I am trying to run a query that show me files with dates in a follow up field of -60 days to +7 days, so essentially any follow ups missed in the last 2 months and up coming in the next week. This report is run on a weekly basis. Appreciate any help Thanks Assuming that the follow up field is actually a date/time data type, try this in the criteria: Between Date() - 60 and Date() + 7 -- Jerry Whittle, ...

Top 5 Most Important Reports
Hi, I was wondering ( based on ALL of your experiences) if you could share the top 5, lets say, reports that people want to see or know about from the Project Manager? And I understand that different stakeholders are going to want different things and that no one organization is the same. However, I have to guess that there have to be "Best Practice" methods for reporting project information right? Thanks for your help. -jp Earned Value Reports (includes PV, EV, AC, SPI, CPI and their variances) Critical Path & Total Slack Analysis Poor performing tasks ba...

Z Report to not print departments with zero sales
Hello All! How do I amend a z report to not print departments if the sales are zero. We have 192 departments but only a the sales seem to fall in a small portion... Thanks. And thanks for all the help I've received...your suggestions have made this much more bearable for me! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0621_01C7AECC.0F55A160 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable ZCSF, Download one from here, all the way at the bottom = http://tinyurl.com/4gdbu Must have access to CustomerSource --=20 J...

COUNT ? need formula
Hi, I want to track the results of my teams sales performance. I record if it is a sale, no sale, cancelled etc in column M. I thought I'd be able to use the COUNT function/formula to be able to search for all the SALES in column M and place the result in a cell ( column O )but I can't work it out. Any ideas? Damian Hi! Try this: =COUNTIF(M1:M100,"sale") Biff "Diamond Jones" <kwanzaNOSPAM@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:43a0e897$0$17704$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... > Hi, > > I want to track the results of my teams sales perf...

Count Function
I am creating a report for the number of pupils being collected at a certain collection time e.g. 14:00hr and 15:00hrs using the formula =Count([Child Last Name]) in the collection time footer However when i try to count the overall number of pupils in the footer using the same formula, 'Error' appears on screen? Thanks There are potentially a dozen footer sections in a report. Which one is giving you a problem? What is the name of the control? What is the exact formula? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "ELo" wrote: > I am creating a r...

Counting a count
How do I count a count?? This is what im trying to do: I have a database with a table named tblMain and has incorporated everything within that table but contains info from about 8 other tables. I have not doesigned this database and it appears to have a very poor structure...anyway There are three fields involved in this process...'Request' (either 'dispensation', 'waiver' or 'dispensation and waiver'), 'Department' (which consists of 7 other drop down menu options) and 'RequestStatus' which contains the status of each request by another...

Count Problem
Hi I have 20 cells in a single column in a sheet called "Audits" All the cells have a formula in them. The formula is a simple one that reads whatever I put into a cell on a different worksheet called "Names" ie: =Names!A1 = Names!A2 etc etc I would like to have a formula that counts up all the results I get in the sheet called "Audits" At the moment if I enter (let say) 15 names in the "Names" sheet the result is that I see the same 15 names in the "Audits" sheet, however the COUNTA formula returns a total of 20. SO obviously...

Ask a MSFT Expert About CRM Security--This Week
Hello all, Welcome to the first Business Solutions Community discussion held directly in the Microsoft CRM newsgroup. During the week of October 4th, Tanim Ahmed, a Technical Lead on the Microsoft CRM Support Team, will answer questions about troubleshooting CRM security -- right in this newsgroup thread. How is this different than any other week in the newsgroup? While product support experts like Tanim may visit the newsgroup during their workweek to answer customer and partner questions, they don't necessarily solicit questions on a particular topic as we’re doing here. Duri...

unique or distinct count from xml
How to get a unique count from a xml <Orders> <Order ID="1111" Amount="200"></Order> <Order ID= "2222" Amount="10"></Order> <Order ID="3333" Amount="5"></Order> <Order ID="1111" Amount="20"></Order> </Orders> The result should be 3 unique count and the 4 Order Id counts. How can i get using XPathNodeIterator using Compile,Execute with a XPathNavigator thanks you bhu The XPath expression for that is count(Orders/Order[not(@ID=preceding-sibling::Or...

Opening a Report
Hello, I'm new to Access and have a very basic question. I want to open a report when a user clicks a button on a form. Now since I can open a form through a button click by pasting: =OpenForms("FormName") in the "On Click" setting in the properties menu, I would assuming using: =OpenReport("ReportName") would be the trick. But it's not. Many of the examples on the net I have found use lines such as: docmd.OpenReport "rpt_name", acViewPreview, "", But when I try this I just get an error saying that the marco docmd can't be found. ...

Replace Count
I am using this routine to replace characters in a large text string. I would like to know how many replacements have been made. This is a generalized routine for experimenting. If I set lReplCount = 1, I can get a count but it takes over one minute to run. If I set lReplCount = -1, it takes about 20 mSec but I get no count (except 1). Is there any way to get speed and the replace count? I would be happy with a few seconds and an accurate count. Do If InStr(1, sText, vbCr & vbCr) > 0 Then lChangeCount = lChangeCount + 1 ...

Smart List record count in 10.0 SP2
Hello, I'm wondering if anyone else has seen a situation in the standard smart list for Purchase Line Items returns a different line count in the window than on the bottom of the window in the status bar. For instance, a client requested a search using the view "Today's Expected Receipts", so the window shows 4 rows, but the status bar at the bottom shows 8. The search criteria look to be the same as in my local view. Trying it in my local view, I get the same results for other views under this object, for instance the window shows 13 rows, but the status bar shows ...