Counting occurances of same data in different fields

I am creating a conference registration program that allows registrants to select up to three events to participate in.  Is there an easy way to count the total number of registations for each event that occurs in the three selection fields?
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Mar 16, 2:54 pm, Fred Morris <FredMor...@discussions.microsoft.com>wrote:> I am creating a conference registration program that allows registrants to> select up to three events to participate in.  Is there an easy way to count> the total number of registations for each event that occurs in the three> selection fields?I gather you have a 3 fields plus a registrant id in a table?Would it not be easier to list the registrant 3 times and have onefield for an event? You may find queries and rule processing (limit to3 events) easier to manage.
0
storrboy
3/16/2007 7:21:19 PM
using Access Data Projects; it is possible to use a trigger to preventmore than 3 from being entered.if you implement this logic using Access VBA they can always shut offthe macros for 5 minutes; go and enter a record and then it will takeyou a month to diagnose the problem-TodosOn Mar 16, 12:21 pm, "storrboy" <storr...@sympatico.ca> wrote:> On Mar 16, 2:54 pm, Fred Morris <FredMor...@discussions.microsoft.com>> wrote:>> > I am creating a conference registration program that allows registrants to> > select up to three events to participate in.  Is there an easy way to count> > the total number of registations for each event that occurs in the three> > selection fields?>> I gather you have a 3 fields plus a registrant id in a table?> Would it not be easier to list the registrant 3 times and have one> field for an event? You may find queries and rule processing (limit to> 3 events) easier to manage.
0
Todos
3/17/2007 12:48:19 AM
"Todos Menos [MSFT]" <todos_menos_msft@hotmail.com> wrote:Todos Menos is not a Microsoft employee.  This posting is by A a r o nK e m p f.Tony-- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP   Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can read the entire thread of messages.   Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm
0
Tony
3/17/2007 1:24:06 AM
If the registrant is in the table only once, then a Count() of eachevent field should give you the numbers. Or am I not grasping what youare doing?
0
storrboy
3/17/2007 6:08:04 PM
I see what you mean.Hence why I think the other table setup would have been easier.I'll ponder it, but it may require doing something in code instead ofjust one or two queries.
0
storrboy
3/18/2007 1:32:46 AM
On Mar 19, 2:21 pm, Fred Morris <FredMor...@discussions.microsoft.com>wrote:> Thanks for your input, storrboy.  John Nurick nailed the solution with the> code in his post.>> "storrboy" wrote:>> > I see what you mean.> > Hence why I think the other table setup would have been easier.> > I'll ponder it, but it may require doing something in code instead of> > just one or two queries.He's pretty good that way. ' -)
0
storrboy

Outlook Data Collection for A2007
I am trying to set up data collection. Outlook and Access 2007 While in Access I get message: The Microsoft Office Access Outlook Add-in is disabled in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007....verify that it is installed....... I am looking for the file name so that I can locate the Add-in. Thanks. Found it........accolk.dll "Tom Ventouris" <tom@pmads.coza> wrote in message news:uiCEP$oYIHA.4180@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I am trying to set up data collection. Outlook and Access 2007 > While in Access I get message: > The Microsoft Office Access Outlook Add-in is disab...

Pivot table and counting.

How to I incorporate SD from a data series into chart error bars?
I have means of values that are in a line chart. I want to add error bars, however when I add the error bars with SD=1 they all look the same. I know the SD for each mean is not the same. I want to know how to get the error bars to represent the SD of the data set (the set from which the mean was derived) and not all look the same. Set the 'Error amount' option to 'Custom' and specify the range in your worksheet that has the SDs. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In ar...

Add data but disallow the deletion of the original data
Hi, Is there are a way to let users add on data to a spreadsheet but disallow them to modify/delete the original data? -- Regards, Adrian lock the cells to be protected>unlock the cells allowing changes>protect sheet -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Adrian" <xinke@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OUrzVeShEHA.1048@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Is there are a way to let users add on data to a spreadsheet but > disallow them to modify/delete the original data? > > -- > Regards, > Adrian > > Adrian You...

Change data series layout
Hi, I'm trying to change the looks of my pivot charts. More precisely, I'm trying to remove the borders from stacked bars' data series. I managed to remove them for each series manually, but once the selection of items chages, all borders are redrawn again. The best way for me would be to change the standard chart layout for this workbook. Is that possible? Is there any way to prevent Excel from reformatting pivot charts? Greets ...

DATA > TABLE -- 2 variable data tables?
I have an excel s/s and several cells contain the same formula, "{=TABLE(E15,E9)}". How can i find out what TABLE(E15,E9) is doing? I think it's performing some type of calculation. Is it a table array? any help is greatly appreciated. -- efarhat ------------------------------------------------------------------------ efarhat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26595 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=398705 TABLE is not a standard Excel worksheet function as far as I know. It may be a user-de...

Data Validation based on Optional Inputs
Hi I run W2K with Excel 2K. What I have is a data validation down box which has 2 options. Lets say in cell B8 and the are called "Selection 1" and "Selection 2" Then I have 2nd data validation box (lets say B11) which takes its information from a range name (which is in a different worksheet) Lets say the range name is called "Range 1" Now here is the problem, I have a second list in a separate worksheet which is defined by a range name called "Range 2" I would like the 2nd drop down box to be based on one of the "TWO" range names, d...

1. Selecting field with "enter"; 2. permanently accepting macros
I have recently upgraded to Access 2007 and two characteristics of my former database are not coming through & I want to get them back. First, in Access 2003, I had set it up so that if I hit "enter" the entire field would be selected. Now "enter" causes the cursor to jump to the next field. How can I change this? Secondly, In my database forms, I had incorporated buttons. Now, each time I open the database, I am given a warning about macros and I have to manually tell the program that the macros are trusted. Unfortunately, Access doesn't accept this an...

comparing data #2
I was wondering is there a way to compare data from 2 columns in a side by side comparison. I have a large list of numbers and what I want to do is copy another list of numbers into the spreadsheet. But I want the numbers in cell A1 and B1 to be equal if they are is not a match then leave cell b1 empty. I want that to continue all the way through the entire worksheet. Maurice, Do you want to end up with 2 separate columns, or are you wanting to merge the 2 lists into 1 list, without duplications? Dave I want 2 side by side columns. With the numbers that are equal right next to each othe...

Cycle Counting

Count

Looking for Macro to load data from Access table
I need to code a button to delete data in a spreadsheet then reload the data from an Access table. I'm a new excel user so I down know where to start. Thanks Maybe this will help http://www.rondebruin.nl/accessexcel.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Randy K" <wawork@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:43ff7bea.3595531@msnews.microsoft.com... >I need to code a button to delete data in a spreadsheet then reload > the data from an Access table. I'm a new excel user so I down know > where to start. > > Thanks ...

Problem importing data to Money 2006
I'm importing data from Money 2000 into 2006 and the dates and quantities of investment transactions are not transferred. I exported multiple accounts within a file with File/Export and changed the file names to reflect the account names (with .qif after them) to a removable flash drive. Followed import instructions (File/Import), set up multiple accounts and moved them as a group. The transfer appeared to be successful except date and quantities were not present. Any ideas? -- leahn In microsoft.public.money, leahn wrote: >I'm importing data from Money 2000 into 2...

Line count

Data Consolidate Limitation
Hi, Consolidate function is useful for budgetary consolidation purpose However, if there are > 12 worksheets to be consolidated, then consolidate function is unable to call back and consolidate say 45 worksheets as it has reached the max limit of consolidation ( ie 12 sheets ) In this case, is there any options/alternatives available either on excel function or excel vba to solve this problem ? Thanks & Regards Len Can you just run cosolidate on 12 sheets at a time. I have written very simple macros (about 30 lines) that can consolidate unlimited number of sheets...

Populate Blank Fields with "0" based on checkmark.
I have a form with 20 fields. The user enters data into some but not all of the fields depending on where they collected data. Is it possible to create a checkbox where, after the user enters their data, they click the checkbox, and any of the 20 fields that are blank get populated with a 0? Thanks for the help. Is there any reason you want them to be zero? If they are numeric fields, you can set the default to zero in table design view. There is no need to use a checkbox, you can arrange it so any empty fields are converted to zero when you move to another record or exit th...

Data in Publisher Document
I am contracting with the government. I sometimes need to send marketing material via email. I would like to include the product codes that correspond with what I offer. I know that I can simply send a 'list' by product codes number in the hundreds and change periodically. I write to inquire if there is an app or coding that would allow the recipient to 'scroll through' the product codes where only one code appears at a time or no more than a few. I am not familiar with the terminology but ideally I would want to somehow include the complete list of product codes wi...

"PasteSpecial method of Range class failed" occurs in one instance of Excel but not another
Hi All, I have this particular piece of code in an application created on Excel2000: .. . . . . ..range("B" & finger).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues ..range("B" & finger).PasteSpecial xlPasteFormats .. . . . . I open the application in Excel2000 on one PC and I get the "PasteSpecial method of Range class failed" If I open the same application in Excel2000 on a different PC I do not get the error and the application works as expected. Can anyone tell me why this happens? Thanks in advance, Andrew On 7 Jul 2004 19:00:59 -0700, nocalves@hotmail.com (Andre...

Counting sales

Data Refresh
I have a table with several fields, but in particular Student Number (test) Last Name (text) First Name(test) Grade(text) These fields show on my form called Parking form. These fields are locked. I wish to allow the users to add/edit fields. So I have a cmd button that opens a new form called add/edit new student form. There the user can edit or add a new student then return to the main form. The problem is when you add a new student. That student will not show in the parking form unless you do shift F9. I assume a requery command is needed but I cannot figure out whic...

Outlook data file (pst) is much larger than as reported by Outlook !
Hi all, My Outlook's pst file is 1.7GB, ie quite close to the danger zone (2GB). When I ask Outlook for the size of the folders and all other datas it only shows 1.1 GB total ! Is the file corrupted ? Maybe some remains of an older account ? Using scanpst.exe I see no error or problem in this file. Is there some kind of "purge" operation (other than brutal deletion) ? Claude-Albert NB : same problem seen in Outlook XP and Outlook 2003 for the same pst file. Aloha C-A Berseth, Have you tried compacting it yet? (right-click the root folder of the Personal Folders File, ...

COUNT ? need formula
Hi, I want to track the results of my teams sales performance. I record if it is a sale, no sale, cancelled etc in column M. I thought I'd be able to use the COUNT function/formula to be able to search for all the SALES in column M and place the result in a cell ( column O )but I can't work it out. Any ideas? Damian Hi! Try this: =COUNTIF(M1:M100,"sale") Biff "Diamond Jones" <kwanzaNOSPAM@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:43a0e897$0$17704$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... > Hi, > > I want to track the results of my teams sales perf...