copy and past chart 11-21-07

I have 22 employees.  I have created 22 different queries for different
performance data.   From these I want to creat a chart for each employee.
Now I have created one very good chart for one of the employees, but it took
a fair amount of doing and now I would like all 22 charts to look exactly the
same in appearance.   I would LIKE to copy and past the chart and then just
change the SOURCE of the data but I cannot figure out HOW to do this?   I
successfully copied and pasted each query and then just changed the criteria
accordingly, but I cannot figure out how to change the source for the chart.
Please help me.  I would hate to have to create all 22 charts individually.
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

It sounds like you need to generalize your code a bit:  The query on
which your chart is based should accept an input that identifies the
employee.  One common way to handle that is to have the criteria for
employee in the query refer back to the control on the form that opens
the report/chart that will have the employee's ID.

HTH
--
-Larry-
--

"Steve Y" <SteveY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have 22 employees.  I have created 22 different queries for
different
> performance data.   From these I want to creat a chart for each
employee.
> Now I have created one very good chart for one of the employees, but
it took
> a fair amount of doing and now I would like all 22 charts to look
exactly the
> same in appearance.   I would LIKE to copy and past the chart and
then just
> change the SOURCE of the data but I cannot figure out HOW to do
this?   I
> successfully copied and pasted each query and then just changed the
criteria
> accordingly, but I cannot figure out how to change the source for
the chart.
> Please help me.  I would hate to have to create all 22 charts
individually.

0
Larry
11/21/2007 5:21:13 PM
I completely agree and that is how I originally wanted to handle this.  The
only problem I had with this was that I was unable to get the employee name
that I input to appear at the top of the chart.   If you can let me know HOW
to do that, I would be all set.

"Larry Daugherty" wrote:

> It sounds like you need to generalize your code a bit:  The query on
> which your chart is based should accept an input that identifies the
> employee.  One common way to handle that is to have the criteria for
> employee in the query refer back to the control on the form that opens
> the report/chart that will have the employee's ID.
>
> HTH
> --
> -Larry-
> --
>
> "Steve Y" <SteveY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have 22 employees.  I have created 22 different queries for
> different
> > performance data.   From these I want to creat a chart for each
> employee.
> > Now I have created one very good chart for one of the employees, but
> it took
> > a fair amount of doing and now I would like all 22 charts to look
> exactly the
> > same in appearance.   I would LIKE to copy and past the chart and
> then just
> > change the SOURCE of the data but I cannot figure out HOW to do
> this?   I
> > successfully copied and pasted each query and then just changed the
> criteria
> > accordingly, but I cannot figure out how to change the source for
> the chart.
> > Please help me.  I would hate to have to create all 22 charts
> individually.

Hi Steve,

You can change the title of a chart object via code, by referring to it as
ChartObjectName.ChartTitle.Caption

So, for example, if your chart is in the detail section of a report, and you
want to change its title to the content of a textbox control named
txtPersonName on a form named frmName, you could use the following:

Private Sub Detail_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer)
  Me.ChartObjectName.ChartTitle.Caption =
Forms("frmName").txtPersonName.Value
End Sub

Note: usually, you can refer to the value of a textbox control (in this
case, txtPersonName) simply by .txtPersonName; however, in this case, you
need to use .txtPersonName.Value, otherwise you will get an error message
saying that the caption property cannot be set.

HTH,

Rob

>I completely agree and that is how I originally wanted to handle this.  The
> only problem I had with this was that I was unable to get the employee
> name
> that I input to appear at the top of the chart.   If you can let me know
> HOW
> to do that, I would be all set.
>
> "Larry Daugherty" wrote:
>
>> It sounds like you need to generalize your code a bit:  The query on
>> which your chart is based should accept an input that identifies the
>> employee.  One common way to handle that is to have the criteria for
>> employee in the query refer back to the control on the form that opens
>> the report/chart that will have the employee's ID.
>>
>> HTH
>> --
>> -Larry-
>> --
>>
>> "Steve Y" <SteveY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I have 22 employees.  I have created 22 different queries for
>> different
>> > performance data.   From these I want to creat a chart for each
>> employee.
>> > Now I have created one very good chart for one of the employees, but
>> it took
>> > a fair amount of doing and now I would like all 22 charts to look
>> exactly the
>> > same in appearance.   I would LIKE to copy and past the chart and
>> then just
>> > change the SOURCE of the data but I cannot figure out HOW to do
>> this?   I
>> > successfully copied and pasted each query and then just changed the
>> criteria
>> > accordingly, but I cannot figure out how to change the source for
>> the chart.
>> > Please help me.  I would hate to have to create all 22 charts
>> individually.

0
Rob
11/22/2007 12:09:38 AM
Steve Y wrote:
> I completely agree and that is how I originally wanted to handle this.  The
> only problem I had with this was that I was unable to get the employee name
> that I input to appear at the top of the chart.   If you can let me know HOW
> to do that, I would be all set.

Alternate method:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.ms-access/msg/264452d745be431d

James A. Fortune
MPAPoster@FortuneJames.com
0
James

GridView Question 07-25-10
If you have suggestions on how to display I'm all ears...just learning gridview, detailsview, etc. and not sure how to make them display data in "my" layout/format. Still accustomed to using asp classic. I have placed a gridview on my page and want it to display address information. However, sometimes the address information field in the database will be null and I don't want the page to show a blank space. Modified this from a page on the net, but it either shows all the information including the blank line or it shows nothing and all of this is depends on row....

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

Error message 02-23-07
i am checking to see if an entry has been made before unloading my form it all seems to work ok but after my prompt msg access throws up an error msg "The Microsoft Jet database engine could not find the object ". Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly." My database is in 2003 but after doing a bit of digging it seems this error msg refers to Access 97 i can't seem to find any reference to Access 2003 so my code is this is in the unload section If Len(Me.ComboName) = 0 then MsgBox "Must enter value in ..." ...

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

Office 2003 03-11-10
I purchased Office small business 2003 upgrade to replace the temporary trial version when I bought my laptop but I have had to reformat the hard drive on that laptop and I don't have the trial version anymore so the upgrade is useless to me. Do you have any suggestion on how I could resolve this issue. I don't want to buy office all over again JIm S I don't believe you could have "upgraded" a trial version that wasn't licensed. An upgrade version is used to move from an older version to a newer version, not from a trial to a licensed version. ...

Copy info from one workbook to another?

add comment to marker in chart
hello dear i hope you are fine. i have problem.i read a lot post but this does not help me. i added comments to a lot cell then creat a chart,ok? now it will show a line with marker or point,when i move mouse pointer , it must show comment but it is number and series or anything? got it? i hope you understand my problem. thanks a lot You can manually add custom labels to data markers in a chart. This is a tedious process, but there are a couple of good, free utilities that can do it for you: Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http:...

User Manager 07-03-05
"The sever localhost is not responding. This might happen if it is currently unavailable, it is not a Microsoft CRM server, or you do not have sufficient privledges to run User Manager. For more information, contact your system admin." I have read other threads on this but nothing I saw really pertained to me. I am on Win2003, SP1, MS CRM 1.2. I am logged in as the administrator and the Deployment Manager can see the SQL server (same box) yet I cannot add a user. I have tried everything I know. Uninstall, re-install, adding the IP to the hosts. table, adding administrato...

Secondary Copy

local copy of mail

Text to column and paste special transpose
Hi All, I have 1 table like this item_number qty ref 00010-001 3 U34,U36,U43 00013-001 2 U16,U21 12505-001 3 U32,U33,U42 12512-001 3 U5,U6,U27 and 1 want it to become like this item_number qty ref 00010-001 3 U34 00010-001 3 U36 00010-001 3 U43 00013-001 2 U16 00013-001 2 U21 12505-001 3 U32 12505-001 3 U33 12505-001 3 U42 12512-001 3 U5 12512-001 3 U6 12512-001 3 U27 Anybody can help me to program it in macro.. usually i do it manually and have to redo again do to careless. After using Text to Columns on Column C.......comma delimited.........Run the Reorganize macro. Sub ReOrganize...

Need to change the display of a chart
Hello! I have several pie charts that I have created to show percentages. In several of them, there are multiple legend values for the same percentage (0%). Excel prints all of them stacked on top of each other, with their leader lines and in some cases it runs into the title of the chart. Is there any way to change this? Also, in some other cases, with the same situation, there are no leader lines displayed (even though I told it to under Chart Options) and the values all print on top of each other. Suffice it to say, these charts are not very readable. Can anyone help me on thi...

Outlook 2000 SP3

Creating a chart from a table of values
I would like to create a chart from a table of values using indexing so i can vary the range of the table. Can anyone help? Take a look at the dynamic charts here http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html#DynoCht "hydro1guy" wrote: > I would like to create a chart from a table of values using indexing so i can > vary the range of the table. Can anyone help? ...

Copy picture ossice wizard

How do I set up a supply demand chart in Excel 2007?
I am taking a microeconomics course, how do I set up a supply/demand chart in excel 2007? http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/supply_and_demand/ "Smiles" <Smiles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26370E3F-915E-4757-A71E-CA1E9B393BBE@microsoft.com... >I am taking a microeconomics course, how do I set up a supply/demand chart >in > excel 2007? ...

Paste Values not working in Excel 2003 (?)
Hi, Using Excel 2003 with Win xp Pro I copy a range of cels, then I choose EDIT > PASTE SPECIAL > VALUES and it does NOT paste ALL the cel contentent... It does paste all the cels, but only the first 3 lines of each cel's content. Is there any limitation in the number of characters ? Thanks ALex This is not the exact problem you describe, put perhaps it's related: XL2000: "255 Characters in Cell" Error When Copying Worksheet, at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213548 -- HTH - -Frank Isaacs Dolphin Technology Corp. http://vbapro.com ...

subtotal copy and paste

3D Column Chart #2
How do I create a 3D column chart and have three axis? ...

line column Pivot Charts

Multivari Chart
I am looking to learn how to create a "Multivari" chart in Excel. Can anyone help me with the steps to create one? I am having troube making the vertical stack of individual data points across groupings. Thanks, Tony Not sure what a multivari chart is, but as a guess try http://www.bmsltd.ie/Excel/SBXLPage.asp#Charting and see FunChrt4.zip -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Microsoft MVP -- Excel In article <106uvtjim536nb4@corp.supernews.com>, orzechow@execpc.com says... > I am looking to learn how to create a "Multivari" chart in Excel. C...

Copying graphs