Converting a Number

Does anyone know of a rotuine to convert a number into its equivalent in
English, e.g. 400,000 = Four Hundred Thousand. Thanks.
--
Anthony
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Anthony,

Have a look at...

http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0001.htm

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

"Anthony Ching" <AnthonyChing@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Does anyone know of a rotuine to convert a number into its equivalent in
English, e.g. 400,000 = Four Hundred Thousand. Thanks.
--
Anthony

0
Gina
3/15/2010 3:27:55 AM
Anthony,
    Try...
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/95640
    or
http://www.fabalou.com/access/Modules/numbertowords.asp
--
    hth
    Al Campagna

"Anthony Ching" <AnthonyChing@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know of a rotuine to convert a number into its equivalent in
> English, e.g. 400,000 = Four Hundred Thousand. Thanks.
> --
> Anthony

0
Al

how to convert date

Convert text to time value

Week Number
Can I use the weeknum function to start on April 1st (ie 1st april = week 1) and not the default Jan 1 ? MTIA Elwyn I've never used this function but I think this would work, perhaps someone else would comment, =WEEKNUM(E1-90) Regards, Alan. "elwyn" <elwyn.meredith@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:IY2dnTDiIIjC30zUnZ2dnUVZ8h-dnZ2d@bt.com... > Can I use the weeknum function to start on April 1st (ie 1st april = week > 1) and not the default Jan 1 ? > > MTIA > > Elwyn ...

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

Convert Access97 to 2000

Page Numbers in Publisher 2000
I am completing our Employee Handbook and do not want page umbers on my first 9 pages. Page 10 is the first one I want numbered beginning with page #1. Instead my page #10 is labeled page #1. Can anyone help and let me know if this is possible with this software? Thanks. -- Kay -- Kay Correction "Kay" wrote: > I am completing our Employee Handbook and do not want page numbers on my first 9 pages. Page 10 is the first one I want numbered beginning with page #1. > Instead my page #10 is labeled page #10. Can anyone help and let me know if > this is possibl...

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

XML Note convert to DataSet

Convert

Problem converting from Quicken to M2005

Number of hrs worked in a week, based on dates in a different column
Hi. I'm hoping someone will give this a try. I'd like to enter a function into each cell in column D so that the total hours worked for the previous week appears each Sunday. For instance, cell D6 would display 11, the sum of C2:C6 (note this is a short week). Cell D20 would display 22.5, the sum of C7:C20. On some days, no work at all is performed, but on other days multiple tasks are performed. The only cells in column D that should display a value are the Sunday's... all other cells should display nothing. Thanks very much for your help!! Gregg. ...

max number of fields on a form (new question)
I am creating a database based on a paper form. The paper form has over 360 individual pieces of information, all of which are recorded for research purposes. My boss would like me to create a replica electronic form based on the paper form, but access only allows 255 fields on one form. Other than subforms, is there any other way to get around this? I have my data organized into related tables, but every field from each table needs to be on the form. Any suggestions? The limit of 255 is not the form. Forms have a lifetime limit of 754 controls. That means that if you delete a control the...

Numbers converting to decimal

format of number keeps changing
I have an excel spreadsheet and in 2 of the columns i have a list of numbers, the format of the cells for each column are the same but on the second column when i type in a number and hit enter to go to the cell below it changes the digit at the end of the number to a zero, for example if i put in 12345 when i hit enter it changes to 12340, this doesnt happen on the column beside it even thought the formatting of the numbers for each cell in both columns is the same. Any ideas????? Is the number more like 1234567890123456 and it becomes 1234567890123450 ?? If so, you're ...

Converting Quicken 2004 to Money

Customizing "Convert Campaign Response"
We have created custom Fields in the Campaign Response entity that we would like to populate on the Lead Entity when we do a conversion. However it doesn't seem like this is possible from the Data Map. Is there a way to modify what fields are carried forward during a conversion, or do I need to find a different method? Thank you in advance. Hi, As I had some time left, I tried to figure this one out. To my surprise I can't find ANY direct link between a converted campaign response and a new lead. There is only an indirect link, through the campaign entity. But that does not ...

Converting from AOL to Outlook

Convert English language document to Hindi
Is there any software available to convert an English language text document to Hindi language document by using dictionary based translation (not transliteration). For example: The sentence : My name is Joseph Should be converted to : ???? ??? ????? ?? ...

Problem with AFX_THREAD_STATE class converting from VS6.0 to VS.NET 2003
I have inherited some code that works in VS6.0. It has code snippets like the following: _AFX_THREAD_STATE* pThreadState = AfxGetThreadState(); pThreadState->m_nLastHit = 0; and _AFX_THREAD_STATE* pThreadState = AfxGetThreadState(); CToolTipCtrl* pToolTip = pThreadState->m_pToolTip; It then does things with these values. In VS.NET, there is no member variable in _AFX_THREAD_STATE that corresponds to m_nLastHit or m_pToolTip. Have these been replaced by something similar in VS.NET 2003 that I can use? #if (_MFC_VER < 0x0700) _AFX_THREAD_STATE* pThreadState = AfxGetThrea...

Converting Hours an minutes just into minutes #2
Is thier a formula to use to change hous and minutes, just into minutes ex: 01:30 (1 hour and 30 minutes) into 90 minutes. And how do you format the cells. Thank you Select the cell and change the format to: [m] -- Gary's Student "Six Sigma Blackbelt" wrote: > Is thier a formula to use to change hous and minutes, just into minutes ex: > 01:30 (1 hour and 30 minutes) into 90 minutes. And how do you format the > cells. > > Thank you ...

Ato generated control number
Hi , Thank you for any and all assistance. I have a customer entry form(CustEntryForm) the fields that I want to auto populate are CreationDate, ControlNumber. The CreationDate date/time stamps when the customer request is created. The ControlNumber is my request tracking field. The CreationDate field works. What I am having a problem with is getting the ControlNumber field to auto generate. The ControlNumber is being created based on the CreationDate field by grabbing the year portion of the date. The date is structured like yy-001(10-001) I have the following SQL state...

converting chart to spreadsheet?
how can i revert back to my spreadsheet from a chart? thanks You mean you have a chart but don't have the data it was created from? This article in the Microsoft knowledge base describes a macro that will extract data from a chart. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;137016 - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "excel chart" <excel chart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E415558-89B6-457B-A340-2A8CE2BA5521@microsoft.com... > how can i revert back to my s...