Control tip text not working

Hi!
I,m trying to use Controltip text in my forms but for some reason its nor
working. Is ther any control or setting that i have to adjust to get the
Controltip text functoin to work in access 2007? I,ve also tried to open a
new access database to test this but its not working. Could it be something
wrong with access or am i missing some reference or what could be wrong.
Best regards
Arne Olsson
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I just tested one of my old MDBs on Access 2007 and the ControlTip text
worked fine. I also tested in the Northwind database using the ACCDB
filetype, and it worked fine. Try selecting the button and bringing it to
the front of your form.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"Arne Olsson" <ArneOlsson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
> I,m trying to use Controltip text in my forms but for some reason its nor
> working. Is ther any control or setting that i have to adjust to get the
> Controltip text functoin to work in access 2007? I,ve also tried to open a
> new access database to test this but its not working. Could it be
> something
> wrong with access or am i missing some reference or what could be wrong.
> Best regards
> Arne Olsson

0
Arvin

bound control or inbound control
Hi Katherine, There are differences between using bound versus unbound controls. Where on the form do you want to use an unbound control? Jeanette Cunningham "Katherine" <Katherine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23BBC192-0A74-4B9F-9513-5E5923A76658@microsoft.com... > ...

why won't word 2007 release control of a .rtf file after exiting w
I AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH ACCESS TO RICH TEXT FILES BY PROGRAMS OTHER THAN WORD------ AFTER THE FILE OPEN IN WORD IS CLOSED AND EVEN AFTER WORD HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN (EXITED) ---------- I GET THE ERROR MESSAGE THAT THE FILE IS "IN USE" BY WORD WHEN (FOR EXAMPLE) AN ATTEMPT IS MADE TO DELETE IT ---- SOMETIMES WHEN RE-OPENING THE FILE AFTER RE-STARTING WORD THE FILE CANNOT BE SAVED BECAUSE IT IS IN "READ ONLY" MODE ------- AFTER MUCH FIDDLING AROUND I FINALLY MANAGED TO DELETE THE PROBLEM FILE ONLY TO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM RETURN WITH A DIFFERNT FILE ----- WORD 200...

RE: Control
Can some one point me right direction to achive this following. Need to dispaly a data in a table format. some of the column data may have to display a image/icon based on a value from the table (1 :- Red color icon, 2:-yellow color icon...) Once the data is loaded and displayed on the format , able to search particular row by column index and update the values including the images(change different image). I tried with Listview control, with the report view I am not able to search row and update the columns with the List vew I am not able to show the image/icon. do not want to use ...

Paste as Text option is missing...help
I am using Excel 2000 (9.0.6926 SP-3) and I can't find the "Paste as Text" option to save my life. It's been a while since I have tried to use the option, but it should be under "paste special" correct? Anyone? Look under PasteSpecial and click the Value option. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "ron" <ron_mase@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:49ff3227.0407210724.12756611@posting.google.com... > I am using Excel 2000 (9.0.6926 SP-3) and I ca...

Hyperlink to a text file
Hello I'm using Excel 2000. I have a cell with a number and I want to reference back to a source document (text) using a hyperlink. However, when I click on the link I receive an error, "unable to open specified file". Can this be done? Thank you. We would need to know how you did the hyperlink and if the path correctly point to the file What is the point of the number in the cell? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "JHL" <JHL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C11ABD9A...

PHP, HTML-Email, Outlook 2003 broken into plain text
Problem: When sending an email to a outlook client from a page I created in PHP the users gets the email in broken code "plain text". What Ive Tried: 1. Read all standard mail in plain text IS NOT CHECKED. Wanted to establish this right off the bat. 2. Outlook receives other html emails fine. 3. If I send the email to a yahoo or hotmail etc client they get the email fine. Basically when I send to a outlook client they get it in plain text. I have a network of 144 comps and all of them have the same results. If I send the same email to my yahoo account I can see the html fine. I a...

MSCRM login and the Users Control Panel
Is anyone aware of any way that the settings stored under Control Panel - Users - Password Management might interfere with the process of Single Sign On into MSCRM? It seemed to have somehow cached someones login and prevented logging in as the logged in user, until cached credentials had been "deleted". However I have never seen this mentioned as being relevant. I am not too sure what the architecture model is there, but it appears to be a single domain. If this area has any relevance, it would be useful to know....thanks ...

Adding a control variable
Hello all, Under VC++ 7.1, I've added a checkbox to a dialog. Using the dialog editor, I am not trying to add a control variable for this check box. However, when I right-click on the check box and select "Add Variable", the resulting wizard dialog does not allow me to select "Control Variable" (it is grayed out). What do I need to do to get a control variable for this check box added to my class? Thanks, Dave I've never seen that before - are you able to duplicate this problem with other projects too? -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "Dave" <bett...

Spam control - MS Outlook
Hi! I am using MS Outlook 2000 and use 2 profiles. I recently installed a firewall package (Fsecure = Telia S�ker Surf), including Spam control. After install, MSO hangs and I cannot change to the other profile (if I not removed MSO by ctrl/alt/del) Somebody want to comment this? /Sven-Erik Intergrated AV/Spam is the cause of frequent issues in Outlook Is the FSecure you installed compatible with this old version of Outlook? "Storfille" <storfille@ebrev.net> wrote in message news:b1Ixm.11987$U5.164765@newsb.telia.net... > Hi! > > I am using MS Outlook 200...

How to Delete entire rows by selecting different text in column A
I have a database that exports data to excel where duplicate and specific data is deleted using macros. My question is the data in column A uses multiple years of information. Example 2009 2 Man Fall Senior Team Beall 2009 2 Man Fall Senior Team Beeghly 2008 2 Man Fall Senior Team Berish 2009 2 Man Fall Senior Team Blohm 2008 2 Man Fall Senior Team Brander 2008 2 Man Fall Senior Team Brown Using the If function how do I either just use part of the cell, e.g. "Fall Senior" or use the entire cell e.g. 2008 2 Man Fall Senior Team but use a wild card character for the...

Releasing memory after creating OCX control
Hi, I try to create an instance of an activex control in my MFC dialog based app. Though my application works with out any error, if i check the memory after calling "delete pMyControl" it keeps on occupying the same memory it occupied when the control was alive. Could anyone help me where I am missing to clear the memory? Thank you. My Code here ---------------m_pxWmp= new CWMPPlayer4();if( m_pxWmp->Create("replay", WS_CHILD | WS_BORDER | WS_VISIBLE , CRect(100, 100,320,240), this, 2)){ m_replay = true; m_pxWmp->SetUrl("C:\\video.avi"); m_pxWmp->Set...

stock control system
trying to see up a 'basic stock control sytem' for a warehouse that contains building materials. -- Thank you. You can use multiple ways of doing, there's 3 ways to come to m head... 1) Use a worksheet as database an save all the information on the cell of that worksheet using some macros to access it and handle. 2) You might want to use Access instead of Excel, I think would b easier to handle the database portion and you still have the Macro available. 3) You can use VB with an Access to create an application -- fanay ------------------------------------------------------...

what control can display characters from txt files in a dialog?
I want to read lines from txt files and display them on a dialog.I wonder which control can be put into the dialog to hold the characters from txt? Something like :- while(m_file.ReadString(tmpstr)) { str += tmpstr; } m_edit.SetWindowText(str); -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "liao_xf" <sclxf@sina.com> wrote in message news:001401c3652f$177b9830$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Thanks first! > I know that Edit control can receive and edit input. > and I know the filestdio can read lines from txt. > but can you tell me how to attatch the lines to the edit? > Thanks!...

Creating dialog controls at run-time
I've been researching how to do this, but whenever I try what other people do, I get very bad results. But my challenge doesn't end there. The number of controls I want to create is only known at run-time. The problems I face are manifold: 1. The code most people use fails badly. Not only is the font unconventionally big, but when I click the checkbox I create, the whole dialog disappears. If that's not enough, the pointer to the control is NULL when the dialog's destructor is called, so I can't delete the instance, and get a memory leak message when the program ends: CADi...

MDI support in ATL composite control
Hi, I have components created in ATL. The components are ATL composite controls. Entire work has been done till now using ATL, however I now need to give MDI type of work area (based o doc-view architecture) within the control. I have class derived from CMDIFrameWnd. However when I try to initialize instance of this class by calling "Create" method of CFrameWnd (base class in CMDIFrameWnd), I get error and creation fails. Tracing the code, I found that base class create method calls "AfxGetInstanceHandle" to get handle to the DLL. Now since this is ATL Composite control, ...

View Filtering and Access Controls for Business Units
I am trying to implement MS-CRM for my company. We have multiple Business Units . I need to give views to each Business Units so that they see only their own Contacts/Accounts/Opp lists. How do I accomplish this ? Also, If I gave inter business unit acesses , how do I make sure that the one business unit users can not modify any fields on other's Business Unit's records ? Thanks in advance for any help, Kishore This is quite easy to do with CRM. Assuming you have already created your Business Units in CRM, you can view a security role within one of the Business Units and a...

using a check box to display text from a list
Excel 2003 I am trying to use a check box to display a category (Text) from a list in a cell and have tried code based on an "if structure" with no success. Has anyone got any suggestions. Roger W wrote: > Excel 2003 > I am trying to use a check box to display a category (Text) from a > list in a cell and have tried code based on an "if structure" with no > success. Has anyone got any suggestions. Hi Roger, Try to post the code you used, so we can suggest how to modify... -- Thanks in advance for your feedback. Ciao Franz Verga from Italy ...

How to set form caption / text?
I use MFC Visual C++ 4.2. I am developing an application with main window and a few childs window. How to set each child window text / caption everytime I call DoModal? If I set "Entry Form" then the window I call will displayed with "Entry Form" caption. Thank you. You can use SetWindowText to set it. For a dialog, you should do it any time after its created(IOW, not in constructor). OnInitDialog and after is fine. -- Ajay "Landon" <Landon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F18C3988-E5F2-413E-8CCF-78143066DB29@microsoft.com... >I ...

Money to Quicken Tips?
This morning I got a notice about Money pulling the plug on third party information October 1st, and everything early next year. I know that MS was working with Intuit to improve their conversion software, and was wondering if anyone has recent experience? I will probably be going with the Deluxe version to handle investments. -- Alan In microsoft.public.money, Alan Biddle wrote: >This morning I got a notice about Money pulling the plug on third >party information October 1st, and everything early next year. I know >that MS was working with Intuit to improve their conversion so...

Tab Control Problems
I previously worked in VC++ 6.0, and have several applications that have either custom shadebox controls, or tab controls or group boxes. In all cases, when I moved the applications over to VS.NET 2003, everything was fine, except in the resource editor, I cannot see any of the controls that have been overlayed on a tab control, or a custom shadebox control and in some cases group boxes. I can tab to them and see the outline, but I cannot see the actual controls. If I drag a new control onto the tab control, I can see the control, but once it is saved, I can no longer access the cont...

Gradient Problem
Hai I Have created a Gradient and on that i am placing a Static Control with Transparent Background and it works fine initially when i set teh text and as soon as i set the static control with another text both are overlapping - iam using m_Static1.SetWindowText("workingi") for that and please let me know if u have any idea Thankis and regards suresh suresh, If you change the text of a static, then the old text should be removed automatically. If, however, you are accomplishing transparency by returning TRUE for the WM_ERASEBKGND-handler, the control ...

How do I move text and pictures down the page simulatneously?
I have a very large project with text and pictures. This is split into 9 separate files to make it more manageable when saving. I need to insert the last page of each file into the first page of the next file. I know how to group pictures, but is it possible to move text and pictures down a page? Pressing enter, to move text down, obviously moves it away from its matching picture. Group the pictures and text together. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Libbylootoo" <Libbylootoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85897A9D-B2AE-49A5-9E56-7A343B...

FindRecord Control Button
i built a find record control button so a user can type in the form number and go there but it only searches the field that the cursor is in and the form # is not on the tab order(purposely). How can i specify where the find record function searches? thanks Ryan, usually people use an unbound combo box or an unbound text box for searching. There is a sample download with code of a search form at http://www.allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html If you need help to get it working, post back. You can also use the wizard to put a combo for searching on your form. On the form in design view, click the...

Copy contents of a cell and paste it into text field
Dear Experts: With some cells in a colum selected (say 10 selected cells in a column: contiguous range) I would like a macro to copy the contents of these cells and paste the contents of each cell in separate text fields. Is this feasible? Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas More info and before/after examples -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "andreashermle" <andreas.hermle@gmx.de> wrote in message news:21aa7180-a39e-405a-a3fd-ec98d8e6f7db@j19g2000yqk.googlegroups.com....

Import Creates Text Boxes
I have a Word 2003 document that I import into Publisher 2003. The document imports and creates text boxes for each page that is 9.92 by 7.579. I then change the page setup to booklet 8 x 5.5 but the text boxes stay the same size. I tried using Master pages to change - no luck. The only way I could find was to manually edit every text box to 7.25 x 4.5. With over 200 pages, that is not practical. I tried setting the default autoshape. I tried setting a master page layout with text boxes set to the right size before import and it did not help. Any help would be appreaciated. Michael ...