control recording saving

I designing a form the feilds are bound. the form will be used by other
workers i want the form to update records using a update button but if the
user enters data and then decides that they don't want to update the
information. hqw can i prevent the update of the information entered on the
form when the user closes the form using the close button
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

"904allen" <904allen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

 > I designing a form the feilds are bound. the form will
 > be used by other workers i want the form to update
 > records using a update button but if the user enters
 > data and then decides that they don't want to update the
 > information. hqw can i prevent the update of the infor-
 > mation entered on the form when the user closes the
 > form using the close button.

The Command Button Wizard will give you the option to save the current
record, so your "Update" button will not require VBA code nor Access macros.

You are correct, that saving updates is automatic, on closing the form, on
moving to a different record, on taking explicit action to save, or on
moving from the main form into a subform control.  However, there is a
BeforeUpdate event in which you can insert an Access macro or VBA code to
cancel the update... depending on your needs, you can either clear the
updates in the form, or you can just return to the form (this is often done
when you include code to validate the values entered, if one or more values
fail validation).

 Larry Linson
 Microsoft Access MVP

0
Larry

bound control or inbound control
Hi Katherine, There are differences between using bound versus unbound controls. Where on the form do you want to use an unbound control? Jeanette Cunningham "Katherine" <Katherine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23BBC192-0A74-4B9F-9513-5E5923A76658@microsoft.com... > ...

Question
I have a question about whether an annoying bug in Office v.X is fixed in 2004. Here's how to see the bug: - Open a word document A that is stored on your Desktop - Make a change to document A and save it - this sets the "current directory" to the Desktop - Now open another document B, several folders deep in a folder hierarchy - make some changes to document B and select Save As... - Instead of putting you at the location of Document B, you are at the Desktop and you have to navigate several folders down to get back to the document B directory This is really annoying...

why won't word 2007 release control of a .rtf file after exiting w
I AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH ACCESS TO RICH TEXT FILES BY PROGRAMS OTHER THAN WORD------ AFTER THE FILE OPEN IN WORD IS CLOSED AND EVEN AFTER WORD HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN (EXITED) ---------- I GET THE ERROR MESSAGE THAT THE FILE IS "IN USE" BY WORD WHEN (FOR EXAMPLE) AN ATTEMPT IS MADE TO DELETE IT ---- SOMETIMES WHEN RE-OPENING THE FILE AFTER RE-STARTING WORD THE FILE CANNOT BE SAVED BECAUSE IT IS IN "READ ONLY" MODE ------- AFTER MUCH FIDDLING AROUND I FINALLY MANAGED TO DELETE THE PROBLEM FILE ONLY TO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM RETURN WITH A DIFFERNT FILE ----- WORD 200...

RE: Control
Can some one point me right direction to achive this following. Need to dispaly a data in a table format. some of the column data may have to display a image/icon based on a value from the table (1 :- Red color icon, 2:-yellow color icon...) Once the data is loaded and displayed on the format , able to search particular row by column index and update the values including the images(change different image). I tried with Listview control, with the report view I am not able to search row and update the columns with the List vew I am not able to show the image/icon. do not want to use ...

MSCRM login and the Users Control Panel
Is anyone aware of any way that the settings stored under Control Panel - Users - Password Management might interfere with the process of Single Sign On into MSCRM? It seemed to have somehow cached someones login and prevented logging in as the logged in user, until cached credentials had been "deleted". However I have never seen this mentioned as being relevant. I am not too sure what the architecture model is there, but it appears to be a single domain. If this area has any relevance, it would be useful to know....thanks ...

Exclude Records based on a joined field?
Hi, I have a table containing transaction data which includes a 'SoldDate' field. This table contains records relating to all days of the week. However, I want to exclude records relating to Saturdays in some of my queries. So I have imported another table containing the dates of all Saturdays. I can add this table to my queries and join the two date fields to select all Saturdays, but how do I do likewise to *exclude* all Saturdays. In effect, not include records where the joined fields are equal. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards Jason You do not need a ...

Associate an activity to each record of a marketing list
Hi all, If Im not wrong, when distibuting a campaign activity, that activity is assigned to people (record owers or myself). However, I would like the activity to be displayed in the activities of each record of the marketing list. How to do that? Thank you! ...

Adding a control variable
Hello all, Under VC++ 7.1, I've added a checkbox to a dialog. Using the dialog editor, I am not trying to add a control variable for this check box. However, when I right-click on the check box and select "Add Variable", the resulting wizard dialog does not allow me to select "Control Variable" (it is grayed out). What do I need to do to get a control variable for this check box added to my class? Thanks, Dave I've never seen that before - are you able to duplicate this problem with other projects too? -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "Dave" <bett...

Spam control - MS Outlook
Hi! I am using MS Outlook 2000 and use 2 profiles. I recently installed a firewall package (Fsecure = Telia S�ker Surf), including Spam control. After install, MSO hangs and I cannot change to the other profile (if I not removed MSO by ctrl/alt/del) Somebody want to comment this? /Sven-Erik Intergrated AV/Spam is the cause of frequent issues in Outlook Is the FSecure you installed compatible with this old version of Outlook? "Storfille" <storfille@ebrev.net> wrote in message news:b1Ixm.11987$U5.164765@newsb.telia.net... > Hi! > > I am using MS Outlook 200...

Releasing memory after creating OCX control
Hi, I try to create an instance of an activex control in my MFC dialog based app. Though my application works with out any error, if i check the memory after calling "delete pMyControl" it keeps on occupying the same memory it occupied when the control was alive. Could anyone help me where I am missing to clear the memory? Thank you. My Code here ---------------m_pxWmp= new CWMPPlayer4();if( m_pxWmp->Create("replay", WS_CHILD | WS_BORDER | WS_VISIBLE , CRect(100, 100,320,240), this, 2)){ m_replay = true; m_pxWmp->SetUrl("C:\\video.avi"); m_pxWmp->Set...

stock control system
trying to see up a 'basic stock control sytem' for a warehouse that contains building materials. -- Thank you. You can use multiple ways of doing, there's 3 ways to come to m head... 1) Use a worksheet as database an save all the information on the cell of that worksheet using some macros to access it and handle. 2) You might want to use Access instead of Excel, I think would b easier to handle the database portion and you still have the Macro available. 3) You can use VB with an Access to create an application -- fanay ------------------------------------------------------...

what control can display characters from txt files in a dialog?
I want to read lines from txt files and display them on a dialog.I wonder which control can be put into the dialog to hold the characters from txt? Something like :- while(m_file.ReadString(tmpstr)) { str += tmpstr; } m_edit.SetWindowText(str); -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "liao_xf" <sclxf@sina.com> wrote in message news:001401c3652f$177b9830$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Thanks first! > I know that Edit control can receive and edit input. > and I know the filestdio can read lines from txt. > but can you tell me how to attatch the lines to the edit? > Thanks!...

Save sent Items to a share mailbox
Hi all, I have a few users running outlook via exchange. They have there default inbox which they get there email in, then they have another mailbox called approvals, which they have send as permissions. However, when they go to send an email as the approvals account which multiple people share, the copy of the sent item gets stored in there local inbox. Any way of setting it so that only when they send from the approvals account does it store the sent items in that exchange inboxes sent items folder? Thanks in advance, Diego Look into Unisent at www.ivasoft.biz Diego wrote: > Hi all, &...

Access 2007: Record update timestamps
Hi all, I've been fighting with this one and can't find any information on it. I have a feeling it was easier to do this with Access 2003, but maybe not. If anyone can help me out, I'd appreciate it. In Access 2007, I have a form where if I edit any (or specific) fields I want it to stamp the current date and time in a separate field. So, for example: I have a "Notes" field. If I edit this field, I want it to stamp the time in a "DateModified" field at the bottom of the form. I have tried to use onDirty, AfterUpdate, BeforeUpdate with expressions as well as V...

Creating dialog controls at run-time
I've been researching how to do this, but whenever I try what other people do, I get very bad results. But my challenge doesn't end there. The number of controls I want to create is only known at run-time. The problems I face are manifold: 1. The code most people use fails badly. Not only is the font unconventionally big, but when I click the checkbox I create, the whole dialog disappears. If that's not enough, the pointer to the control is NULL when the dialog's destructor is called, so I can't delete the instance, and get a memory leak message when the program ends: CADi...

Duplicate Records #2
I am not real proficient in Excel but received a large (18,000+) file from Data Processing in Excel to use for a mailing. My question is, I need to find duplicate addresses and delete those before I do the mailing. I work for the school district, so many families have more than one child in the district and they only need to receive one letter. Is there a way to do this? Thanks, Kristy -- Kristy ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Kristy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37546 View this thread: http://w...

MDI support in ATL composite control
Hi, I have components created in ATL. The components are ATL composite controls. Entire work has been done till now using ATL, however I now need to give MDI type of work area (based o doc-view architecture) within the control. I have class derived from CMDIFrameWnd. However when I try to initialize instance of this class by calling "Create" method of CFrameWnd (base class in CMDIFrameWnd), I get error and creation fails. Tracing the code, I found that base class create method calls "AfxGetInstanceHandle" to get handle to the DLL. Now since this is ATL Composite control, ...

Saving Excel file as HTML USING C#
Hi All, I have a requirement of saving Excel files as HTML using C#. I have managed to write code for saving as HTLM file. however this seems to be not working in the once perticular case . For e.g I hav the following values are in column say A1 & A2. A1A2 D B B O A N G D V V A A L L 0 1 1 2 1 1 When I save this as HTML, I am getting saved file as below ( Note the change vertical display to horizontal) . Any suggestions / comments on this is highly appreciated. Thanks a lot for your time. DBAGVAL BONDVAL 0 1 1 2 1 1 Regards, Kewal ...

Microsoft Access Table Record Limitation
Hi, is there a limit to how may rows an access table can have before it performs poorly? "mark" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message news:OGxT6vdgKHA.2596@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, is there a limit to how may rows an access table can have before it > performs poorly? > > --- > frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.access/ That's depends upon the type and quality of indexes, as well as other factors. I have a database front-end that connects to a 1.1 GB backend with 6 million records. By using the primary key, I can pull 1 record ...

View Filtering and Access Controls for Business Units
I am trying to implement MS-CRM for my company. We have multiple Business Units . I need to give views to each Business Units so that they see only their own Contacts/Accounts/Opp lists. How do I accomplish this ? Also, If I gave inter business unit acesses , how do I make sure that the one business unit users can not modify any fields on other's Business Unit's records ? Thanks in advance for any help, Kishore This is quite easy to do with CRM. Assuming you have already created your Business Units in CRM, you can view a security role within one of the Business Units and a...

Save As CSV saves empty rows
I have an XLS worksheet that copies cells from a different worksheet in the same workbook using the following function "=T(UPPER(<other worksheet name>!<other worksheet cell>)). The formula is copied throughout the worksheet using relative cell reference. When I save the worksheet as a csv file all of the records that have no data are also saved. What I end up with in the csv file looks something like this: data,data,data,data, ,,,, How do I tell Excel to not save the empty rows? But those aren't empty cells to excel. They contain formulas that evaluate to ""...

Append Query
Hi All I have a table linked to an Excel spreadsheet, which has formulas in it like If(a2="","",now() ). When i go to the linked table in Access, it shows <>"#Num!" whenever I have the formula and there is no data in A2, of course... But I want to create an append query from this table, and only append records that do not have #Num! recorded. Is there a criteria I can input that says <>"#Num!" that will work for this situation? Hope someone can help, Kind regards Adam The problem is that Now is a numeric field, wherea...

If I accidently replace a saved file can I retrieve the old file?
No. PLEASE write your question in the body of the post and NOT just the subject. Have a look here: http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk "kamabiv" <kamabiv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A547F5D-AA2C-44D7-AEC7-8961A81AC4E5@microsoft.com... > ...

Tab Control Problems
I previously worked in VC++ 6.0, and have several applications that have either custom shadebox controls, or tab controls or group boxes. In all cases, when I moved the applications over to VS.NET 2003, everything was fine, except in the resource editor, I cannot see any of the controls that have been overlayed on a tab control, or a custom shadebox control and in some cases group boxes. I can tab to them and see the outline, but I cannot see the actual controls. If I drag a new control onto the tab control, I can see the control, but once it is saved, I can no longer access the cont...

FindRecord Control Button
i built a find record control button so a user can type in the form number and go there but it only searches the field that the cursor is in and the form # is not on the tab order(purposely). How can i specify where the find record function searches? thanks Ryan, usually people use an unbound combo box or an unbound text box for searching. There is a sample download with code of a search form at http://www.allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html If you need help to get it working, post back. You can also use the wizard to put a combo for searching on your form. On the form in design view, click the...