Configure regional settings and language from access VBA

Hi all
i build automation in access that updates the data base
one of the problem i bumped is that if the regional setting are on
other language beside english it will raise an error indicating on
the
characters
is there an option to stablize the automation to the relevant the
language that the windows use
((for example i had problem when the language in the regional
language
settings was on german

0
thread
10/1/2007 12:27:24 PM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

cannot set page orientation for every page
How can I set each page's paper orientation to either Landscape or Portrait whenever I add a page using Visio automation or VBA in macros? something like this al set visPage = application.activepage Set visPageSheet = visPage.PageSheet Set visCell = visPageSheet.Cells("PageWidth") SetCellValueToString visCell, "11in" Set visCell = visPageSheet.Cells("PageHeight") SetCellValueToString visCell, "8.5in" "page orientation" <page orientation @discussions.microsoft...

Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Encountered an Error During Set
Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Encountered an Error During Setup - there is no error code with it. I have Office 2003 installed and I'm unable to completely uninstall it. I've even used the Office Removal Tool from the resource kit. How can I get Ofc 2007 to install? (note the disc is ok as it worked on another PC) Does the license for the 'disc that worked on another PC' allow the software to be installed on your PC as well? Daddy "Mark Bergman" <MarkBergman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F5C4811-1C2F-49AB-88E2-9F09F00...

priv1.edb modified and accessed date
At what point is the priv1.edb file written too? My file has a modified date of 2 months ago. I have run full backups weekly sine that midfied date and the transaction logs have been flushed each time. Should I be concerned that the edb file's modified date has not changed? Thanks! Nope. Don't worry about it. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Nick M" <NickM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EE2E871-84C7-48C9-8A82-EAEC76EB8EFD@microsoft.com... > At what point is the priv1.edb file written too? My file has a modified > date >...

micr configurable stubs
Hi All, Has anyone had to configure checks for GP using configurable stubs for MICR? Are there any tricks to making the process easier or an alternative program to use. Th eprocess so far is painfull as only one item can be selected at a time and each time I add an item it starts in upper left hand corner above other items. Thanks in advance for any insight Lorne Are you using Mekorma? I've used it to configure checks and found it relatively easy to use. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2t...

CRM3 System Settings not saved
Hi... I've seen a few posts in the early access group but no answers yet... I have a fresh CRM3 RTM install... seems to be working ok except that I cannot make changes to the system settings... If I change currency symbol from a $ to a � for instance then click ok... the setting change simply isnt saved... in fact none of them are... I've tried this as the admin who installed CRM and a user assigned every role, it does not work for either. I saw a post suggesting it might be AD permission related but with no detail. Does anyone have any ideas? Many thanks, Mark. can you ...

Opening a Word Merge and Selecting Its Data Source from Access
I have a form that runs data files for Word Merges that create cover letters and floor plans (Word merges the data, and the actual floor plans are cut and pasted from an interactive floor plan online) and then opens the Word Merge documents. Currently I have each Word document hard-linked to a specific file, and the code saves each query to its respective file. That works fine if only one person is running the letters and floor plans. However, when we are busy, we have multiple people doing the assigning of exhibitors, and each is responsible for running the invoices, letters,...

Windows media player music export into access database
Hi there,I have downloaded a plug-in for windows media player from Microsiftwhich allows me to export my music library to a text file which I canthen import into access. What I would like to do is generate a reportthat lists all the Albums I have grouped under the Artist heading. Theproblem that I have is that the album appears as many times in myreport under the Artist heading as there are tracks on the album. Thisis as there is a record for each track and therefore it shoes multipletimes in the report. Please can anybody tell me if there is a way thatI can get the Album name just to show onc...

Set Textbox value = large(ARRAY,k)
Hello, MS EXCEL 2003 on XP PRO. I recently discovered I could set a text box equal to a cell and I tried to extrapolated that ability to use the LARGE formula and it wouldn't let me. What I'd like to do is basically have a textbox display the result of "=large($A1:$A4,1)" without having to type the values in. (I am creating a template) Any ideas? Note, doing just what I typed above did not work. It didn't recognize large. NOTE:::: I cannot use MAX() because I want to have multiple text boxes each with it's own ranking. (one for largest, one for 2nd larg...

Room reservation set to private
I'm running Exchange 2007. Someone in our organization set up a weekly appointment and reserved a conference room. They then set this meeting to "private". No one is owning up to this and now I cannot remove the appointment from the schedule for the conference room. I thought that maybe I could adjust the delegation for the conference room account, but when I click on Configuration node in the Console tree, then either right click in the Work pane I don't see "Add Delegate" in the Action pane. So, a few things: Can I find out who is responsible for the p...

access task manager?
How do I access task manager in Windows XP? Control + Alt + Delete, task manager. Or right click on the bottom toolbar (my mind is drawing a blank right now re official name) and choose Task Manager. Note - this question would best've been asked in a WinXP group - this one's for Outlook., Joel wrote: > How do I access task manager in Windows XP? or Ctrl>Shift>Esc "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote in message news:#hn0N04UDHA.964@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Control + Alt + Delete, task manager. Or ...

CRM 4.0 Outlook Client Install/Configuration
I cannot get the Outlook client to configure for any users. The intranet address and internet address are not found. Connectivity has been verified between workstations and crm server. Web clients work ok - thoush some functionality related to custom entities is not behaving properly (lookups not functioning, etc.) Addtionally, CRM is not sending or tracking emails at all. The CRM setup is as follows: Upgraded from 3.0 Win 2K3 Server (fully updated) with SQL 2005 SP2, Reporting Services SP2 Exchange 2003 Server (fully updated) - Email router will not configure. Any suggestions would b...

Configuration
Hello, I just installed Office 7 Home and Student and every time I open Word it says that it has to Configure the program. It doesn't do that with the other programs and it is getting tiresome because it takes a few minutes. Has anyone else had this problem or have some suggestions? Thanks! Jenn ...

Setting up test environment to test CRM 3 to CRM 4 upgrade...
So much of the planning information for and in-place up upgrade CRM 3.0 to 4.0 mentions testing the upgrade. But it really seems like an all-or-nothing deal. This scares me because we use a few 3rd party helper apps (c360, TAPI for CRM) and don't want to go through a 99 steps before realizing it hangs on the 100th. Has anyone set up a test environment to test things out, perhaps in a VM. Here's my current infrastructure (only the machines that are relevant). Server 1: CRM 3 Server running Win2003R2, SQL 2005SP2 Server 2: Exchange Server running Win2003R2, Exchange 2003, CR...

unable to set the numberformat of the range class
I was graciously given some code to format some cells for different currencies (yen, euro, dollar) based upon selecting the currency in one cell (k5) in my requisition. I got it to work, ready to launch the new form for use by my engineers, so I add protection. Now it seems I cannot protect those cells I want to format, in order for the code to work. Instead I get the error in the subject line of this post. Anyone know the fix? Below is the code, and btw, "worksheet" and "calculate" are the selections made at the top of the code window. Troy Private Sub Worksheet_Calcul...

How do I set up headers for columns without using a row?
I need to make a list of names, addresses...etc, title the column but not use row 1 so that there is an acurrate count when viewing the spreadsheet. Mr/Mrs Cloud Type your column header e.g. NAMES in row 1, e.g. cell A1. Then place all your names in column A. Then highlight the entire column and select <Insert><Name><Create...> and select <Top Row> from the selections. This will apply a header to the column e.g. NAMES. Then when you want to count all the entries in NAMES you can use... =COUNTA(NAMES) and this will give the correct answer. Just replicate the abo...

Setting up outlook #9
I am using the outlook 2007 wizard to set up. I enter my email account along w/ password. Then I get a network password verification. It has my email address and then I re enter my password but the window continues to stay open. What am I doing wrong... I was having this problem w/ outlook 2003 I got discourage and never set it up for my home. -- Thank Use the manual configuration. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Annette asked: |...

Access Help!!
Hi I have a small query with regards to my database, basically whatI've got is a form which shows item number and cost. The cost changeson a yearly basis e.g. for year 2006 Item 1 was priced at =A32.00however for 2007 Item 1 is now priced at =A33.00. What I am after iswhen the user clicks on the following year i.e. from 2006 to 2007 Iwant the cost column for 2006 to be shown on the form as well as thecost for the current year (2007) and then when the users clicks on thefollowing year the column for 2007 cost is shown and column for 2008etc so only two columns are shown one for previous yea...

Running an Excel Macro from an Access Command Button
Hi , Can anyone help me with this, I am trying to run an excel macro from an access command button. I want the macro to Bold the Headings on a excel spreadsheet. The code runs without any errors but the macro doesnt seem to work, I think I have got the line ExcelApp.ExecuteExcel4Macro "RUN(""PERSONAL.XLS!BoldHead"")" wrong The code: Private Sub cmdRunMac_Click() Dim ExcelApp As Excel.Application Dim ExcelBook As Excel.Workbook Set ExcelApp = Excel.Application ExcelApp.Visible = True Set ExcelBook = ExcelApp.Workbooks.Open("C:\Documents and Settings\...

profile setting
Hello, If outlook is used through terminal servers with load balancing, how do people set outlook per user and make it valid for all terminal servers? We set user profile for a user in one terminal but it is not valid in the other one, we have to do the same things in each terminal server and sometimes we lose profile settings in the terminals servers and then we have to stat over for 400 users. Thanks, Jim. ...

How do I set up Outlook to only download msgs after a set date?
Hello, I'm setting outlok as the message client for an account that I've had for several years. Is there a way to set it up to only download messages after a set date, i.e. perhaps Dec-01-2008? It's *STILL* synching because it's getting messages from years ago, and I'd rather it just get recent ones. I have Outlook 2007. Thanks!! No What type of account, pop, imap or? "T. Otten" <TOtten@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5EF12753-2C30-417F-882F-8EB5448F4C8D@microsoft.com... > Hello, > I'm setting outlok as th...

Help
I just started a 3 week trip and need to run Money to track spending while I'm away. However, when I start Money, it is trying to install something, and wants the Money CD, which is back at home. Yes, I know I should have tried this before I left, but the laptop with Money hasn't changed - its just out of its docking station. I thought I'd ask on the small chance that someone might have a clue on what might cause this and/or how to get around it. I can't think of any reason for something to be installed, but there must be something. Thanks TM What file(s) is it asking for...

Re: Calendar access only
It seems Read-only from Microsoft, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821900 Any other ideas for me? Thank You. -- Ray "Ray" <ray@utah.edu> wrote in message news:... > Hi there, > > I have a weird problem here, one of our secretaries has to access our > boss' calendar, but she is working out of site. If she put our boss' > calendar in outlook 2003, everything is OK, she can look at it and > add/modify anything. However, she is working out of here, she only can > access our Exchange server by Outlook Web Access, so I made a URL for her, > ...

Where does Outlook keep security settings on registry?
Hi I am writing an application that sends secure emails (signed and encrypted) via Outlook 97 and Outlook 2000. Does anyone know where on the registry Outlook keeps its security settings? I need to determine programmatically whether my user has setup his Secure E-mail yet. (Tools|Options|Security|Setup Secure E-mail). Is there a key on the registry where I can pick this up? Thx in advance Zahrah Dante (zahrah@mailbox.co.za) ...

Access 97 to Access 2000 04-11-04
Is there a converter to convert an Access 97 database to Access 2000? Also, is there a particular sequence for the upgrade ie. do I install Access 2000 first then transfer database file? I am installing Access 2000 to do simple invoices that were previously done in Access 97...... The capability to convert an Access 97 database to Access 2000 is built in to Access 2000. Install Access 2000, make a backup copy of your Access 97 database, open Access 2000 and then open your Access 97 database. You will first see a Convert/Open window which will allow you to choose whether you want to co...

What about many regional offices?
Hello, dear sirs! I have a very simple question about MS Dynamics CRM that I could not still answer exactly: yes or no? Topic description. A retail company has 10 to 15 regional offices in different cities, and it has the central one, of cource. About 10 people work in each regional office. The company already has centralized domain network with each reg-office domain being the child one to the central office domain. Offices connect to the center through VPN connection. BUT the internet network channels are bad, unstable. Question/ Can we build GOOD decentralized CRM solution of the ...