Conditional Formatting if the field contains a specific number

I am working in Access 2003 and have created a database of chefs who
volunteer for our annual event.  Over the years, several are repeat
volunteers.  I am attempting to create a report wherein the "year" field will
turn yellow if the information contains the year "2010".

Can this be done (and by someone of my limited grasp of Access)?

Thank you for any help you can give.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

nbslarson,

Have you looked at Conditional Formatting?  Look under Format on your menu
bar.

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

"nbslarson" <nbslarson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I am working in Access 2003 and have created a database of chefs who
volunteer for our annual event.  Over the years, several are repeat
volunteers.  I am attempting to create a report wherein the "year" field
will
turn yellow if the information contains the year "2010".

Can this be done (and by someone of my limited grasp of Access)?

Thank you for any help you can give.

0
Gina
3/8/2010 4:43:25 PM
You might also like to make the yellow conditional on the year field
equalling Year(Date()) rather than 2010.  This will mean that it will always
be determine by the current year whatever year it is rather than your having
to amend the report when you move into 2011 or later.  The Date function
returns the current date and the Year function the year of the date.

You'll notice that Year is the name of a function in the above, so this means
Year as a field name should be avoided (similarly Date etc).  Its always best
to use more specific names like EventYear for object names.

Ken Sheridan
Stafford, England

nbslarson wrote:
>I am working in Access 2003 and have created a database of chefs who
>volunteer for our annual event.  Over the years, several are repeat
>volunteers.  I am attempting to create a report wherein the "year" field will
>turn yellow if the information contains the year "2010".
>
>Can this be done (and by someone of my limited grasp of Access)?
>
>Thank you for any help you can give.

KenSheridan
3/8/2010 5:17:31 PM
"nbslarson" <nbslarson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am working in Access 2003 and have created a database of chefs who
> volunteer for our annual event.  Over the years, several are repeat
> volunteers.  I am attempting to create a report wherein the "year" field
> will
> turn yellow if the information contains the year "2010".
>
> Can this be done (and by someone of my limited grasp of Access)?
>
> Thank you for any help you can give.

0
De
3/13/2010 5:40:17 PM
^
àà^£

"nbslarson" <nbslarson@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
groupe de discussion : 08572D82-300F-4375-81BA-361BFB145CE7@microsoft.com...
> I am working in Access 2003 and have created a database of chefs who
> volunteer for our annual event.  Over the years, several are repeat
> volunteers.  I am attempting to create a report wherein the "year" field
> will
> turn yellow if the information contains the year "2010".
>
> Can this be done (and by someone of my limited grasp of Access)?
>
> Thank you for any help you can give.

0
joelgeraldine

Today Conditional Format

Can t read mac-word files containing excel graphs on a PC
I am using microsoft Office X 10.1.4 on a powerbook G4 with operating system OS X 10.3.5 panther. I have created a graph in Excel on its own sheet (ie the one that contains the relevant data). I activate the graph, copy it to the clipboard, switch to Word and do a Paste Special, paste as image. So do I with all the excel graphs I want to insert into my word document (scientific report). The word document is saved under format "microsoft word document". I ve sent my word document to several colleagues who work on PCs. They all told me they could not see the excel graphs. They (the ...

Two Condition Vlookup?

Can't format numbers for France in Excel 2003
I'm using the US version of Excel 2003, but need to format costs, etc., for a project in the French euro format (e.g., I need 2050.45 euros to display as 2 050,45). That currency format isn't offered in my dialog box, and if I make a custom number format that will display correctly, it doesn't operate as a number. Any suggestions? On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 08:51:03 -0700, Mary Fran <MaryFran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm using the US version of Excel 2003, but need to format costs, etc., for a >project in the French euro format (e.g., I need 2050.45 euros...

Query condition by date range

Format cells #7

CWebBrowser2: accessing field values
hi, I have a WebBrowser2 in my application, May I have access to the value of Form Fields in my application? I mean the value of Edit boxes, etc. thanks,e Behzad ...

Formatting worksheet
I have a workbook with three worksheets and one chartsheet in it. I have notes documenting various aspects of the four sheets. Some of those notes are on electronic post-it notes and others on scraps of paper. It seems to me that a convenient way to consolidate all of my documentation for the workbook would be to add another worksheet to it and put the information in it. What would be the best way to format the worksheet so that I could type information into it as if I were using a text editor? Leslie, Excel isn't really all that set up for text. I sometimes make narrow column...

Conditional Field in Queries

Pivot
Hi, I have a database of the following columns based on which a Pivot is created. There are various other parameters/Columns by which Sales, Margin are broken down. Each month may have hundreds of lines. The below is just a simple overview. Period Account Customer Type Country Amount Jan Sales x A TK 10 Jan Margin x A TK 3 Jan Sales y B DF 25 Jan Margin y B DF 15 Feb Mar The Pivot layout is in the following way Page : Period - This enables the user to choose the period for Sale...

Custom Link for UPS tracking number?
Does anyone know the correct link for UPS to pull up tracking number info from sales orders? I've tried several that open the UPS site when I click on the tracking number link from SOP, but none that actaully fill in and pull up the tracking number entered on the order. Thanks. -- Jim@TurboChef ------=_NextPart_0001_12A27388 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Jim, Thank you for the post to the Microsoft Dynamics Newsgroups! There is a way to have it automatically populated the tracking number on the web sites. When you set up your custom links web pag...

zip codes not being saved as text in CSV format
I need my file to be saved in CSV format (to import into another application). When I format the zip codes as Text or Special(zip code), they are correct in XLS format, but when I open the file in CSV format they switch back to general. Any solution? work around? Thanks so much for your help in advance!! Melissa Change the file extension to .txt and use the text import wizard to treat the column as text (last dialog) -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "MelissaM" <MelissaM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5A02627-810E-4234-8247-267D9B12FA29@microsoft.com... >...

insert number in column
I have a column with threedigits for telephone extensions. I want to insert a digit before the three throughout the column as the extension has been increased to 4 digits. Any easy way.../ Thanks. AFD Type 4000 in an unused cell, then Copy > it and highlight your list of 3 digit numbers and Right-click > PasteSpecial > Add.......this will place a "4" on the left end of each string. Instead of 4000, use 3000 or whatever the new digit is to be. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "afdmello" wrote: > I have a column with threedigits for telephone extensio...

What is the box character in a text field and how do I replace it?
I have a text\memo filed that has a box charter(s) in it. I do not remember if it is a carriage return or whatever. Whats is the character and how do I replace it? Thanks Dave On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 06:46:01 -0700, Dave <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a text\memo filed that has a box charter(s) in it. I do not remember >if it is a carriage return or whatever. Whats is the character and how do I >replace it? > >Thanks > >Dave You'll need to find out what it is. My guess is that it's a linefeed Chr(10) - it wouldn...

format a column
I have a simple question to ask, I have a column in Excel is number like 142000, I want to format the whole column numbers without the two ending 0s, change 142000 to 1420, how can I do that? Thanks -- xcao ------------------------------------------------------------------------ xcao's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14538 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=471821 Enter 100 in an empty cell and copy it. Then, select your range of numbers you want to change, Right Click and go to Paste Special, and select Div...

Number of contacts in crm
Is there an equivalent to the sql (select count(*) from table) in CRM -- Regards, Pedro Airó you can use the query class which uses fetch xml http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/CrmSdk1_2/htm/v1d2crmqueryexecutequerymethod.asp -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Pedro Airo" <pedro_airo@netcabo.pt> wrote in message news:27E5C555-BAAE-4C4C-8F84-1DD204845F28@microsoft.com... > Is there an equivalent to the sql (select count(*) from table) in CRM > > -- > Regards, > Pedro Air� Yes, but where ...

How to return a 12 hour time format without the AM in an Access query
The format function acts differently in a query and after hours of testing, messing, and cursing, I give up. How do you return 12 hour format without the AM or PM from an Access query. In my table, I've defined the Start Time and End Time to use "Medium Time" format and it works if and ONLY if you simple include the field in the query. However, if you use the field in a more complex statement, it returns leading zeros and trailing seconds. Here's what I've tried.... 'This didn't work because it returns trailing seconds and AM/PM. '2:00:00 PM...

How to remove page numbers from the display?
I opened a spreadsheet that is display large grey page numbers in the middle of each page of this spreadsheet. These do not print. How do I turn off this display of page number? This is a feature of View|Page Break Preview. Can you just go back to normal? View|Normal Dale Bedford wrote: > > I opened a spreadsheet that is display large grey page numbers in the middle > of each page of this spreadsheet. These do not print. How do I turn off this > display of page number? -- Dave Peterson Dale, You are most likely in the Page Brake Preview mode. To switch to the normal m...

footers and page numbers
Can you change the place at which a footer occurs on the page. I want mine to occur lower down. (pub 2007) Thanks. lindalou wrote: > Can you change the place at which a footer occurs on the page. I want mine to > occur lower down. (pub 2007) The "Footer" (just like the "Header") is merely a construct that Publisher creates to make Word users feel more comfortable. It is in fact a text box on your master page, movable and resizable just like any other object. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Change "Text Numbers" to "Numbers"
Hello, Can you tell me how to (with a macro) change a range of cells that have text numbers to real numbers so I can use them in formulas and also have them show up as real numbers if I save the file as a .prn file. The range of cells begin in row 2 from column C through column AZ. I would really appreciate your help. I have spent days on this and I'm still lost. Thank You, Nichole Hi try the following: - set the format for these cells to a 'number' format' - select an empty cell and copy this cell - select your range of text numbers - goto 'Edit - Paste Special&#...

Conditional null value