concatenate several of records in a field to 1 record - 17692

Hi all,
what is the best way to concatenate between records in 1 column
i have for example animal as a header
and it has the records:bird,cow,dog
how can i concatenateall of them to one record that will consist all
the 3 together?

0
thread
5/22/2007 6:09:05 PM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

When concatenating concatenates don't concatenate...
Hi List, Can anyone help? When concatenating already-concatenated cells, th result displays perfectly well in the Excel spreadsheet, but truncate when the cell is pasted into a .txt file. It doesn't seem to be due t Data Validation limits (having said that, selecting the entir worksheet and doing Alt > Data > Validation > Validation criteria Allow = Any value" did seem to solve the problem once, but only to com back next time round). The truncation occurs sometimes after 8 or 1 chars, and sometimes after 20 or so, always at the same spot. If I cop the cell into a fresh Excel...

print report according to value field
I am trying to print a report depending on a the field "OrderQty". i did created the code with the print command and the criteria and it looks like this: DoCmd.OpenReport "rptProduction", acViewPreview, WhereCondition:=strWhere, OpenArgs:=strDescrip DoCmd.PrintOut , , , , [OrderQty] however, it give me an error saying, that "|" field is not found. i looked through the code and tested the code, by putting 1 or 2 in place of OrderQty and it prints fine, that means to me that it's not the code and i looked to through the Query that the source of that R...

Value of previous record
In an Athletics program (built in Access) I have created a report (based on a query) that shows the number, name, sex and race time of each athlete. On that report I'm able to calculate the difference of time of each athlete to the first racer (creating a field on the report header with the value of the race time field always gives me the 1rst racer's time which is then subtracted from each athlete's race time field). What I want to do now (and I haven't been able to do so far) is to calculate the difference of time between each athlete. This means that I would have to know (re...

I need help with extracting every 12th record from a table
I have a table that has over 300,000 records, I am iterested only in getting every 12th record out of this table i.e. records 1, 13, 25,37,49........ Is there a way to extract these specific records out of that table and may be place them into a new table or have a query that can perform this? thanks What determines the order? A table does not have an order as such. If your records have a field (NumField) containing a sequential number you could use a query something like this: SELECT * FROM YourTable WHERE [NumField] Mod 12 = 1; This assumes the numberbing has no gaps, so if NumField...

purchase order with several items (5) with big quantities
Dear David, We have a purchase order with several items (5) with big quantities. We received only few quantities of them, affecting that purchase order; then we posted the reception. After few days, we tried to recept the rest of quantities pending but it is impossible because the purchase order appears like not approved; and the system displays a message: “keep the purchase order in a purchase batch”. How we can solve this problem, please help us. Best regards, Cesar Gallegos. ...

Roaming Profile cannot be found with several errors in Userenv.log
We have a bunch of Windows XP SP3 workstations that are logging into a Windows NT4 domain and have roaming profiles stored on an NT4 fileserver. In the past 2 days, several different users have started getting an error: Your roaming profile is not available. You are logged on with the locally stored profile. Changes to the profile will not be copied to the server. Possible causes of this error include network problems or insufficient security rights. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator. DETAIL - %1 This is detailed here: http://www.microsoft.com/te...

More than 1 record source needed.
I have a form that is driven by a query that writes to a table. I want some data on the form to go to one table and some to others. What is the best way to accomplish this? Thank you for your assistance. Aha! That's a whole 'nother problem. First open up the Relationship Window and link tables together. For this to work right, you must have a primary key assigned to each table and a foriegn key in the matching table. Try to enable Referential Integrity on these joins. If it won't work, you probably have some dirty data. For example an employee without a valid boss. Af...

Concatenate function
Hi, How can I concatenate these 2 cells: one is time and the other is text: 9:00 and AM and I want the result to be 9:00 AM =CONCATENATE(AD2, " ", AE2) I have tried different formating cells but it doesn't work, this is what I get: 0.375 AM Thanks for your help. NSNR - You must format the time (which is a number) to text: =TEXT(AD2,"H:MM") & " " & AE2 -- Daryl S "NSNR" wrote: > Hi, > How can I concatenate these 2 cells: one is time and the other is text: 9:00 > and AM and I want the result to be ...

Concatenating Cells
I have spent hours this afternoon in Excel 2003 trying to concatenate two adjacent text columns into a third column defined as Text format. It doesn't work, the result cell just displays the formula you enter {e.g. =A1&B1 or =CONCATENATE(A1,B1)}. I discovered after a great deal of frustration that this will only work if the cell containing the formula is formatted as '*General'*. All the MS command help refers to the data being concatenated as 'text' data as does the command help that displays as you type. I found no help on this on the MS site and trawling the w...

How do I show an event in a calendar that last several days?
Often we wish to include an item in a calendar made in Publisher that crosses several days (even an entire week). Is there a way to do this other than simply typing it into each of the days? I'd like to have a line that crosses the days with the event appearing on that line. Is that possible? The method I used with a fifteen month calendar on an 5�"x8�" booklet page is color code the background fill the days of an event and then create a legend at the base of the calendar. Using eight colors and in some individual dates replaced the number with letters or an icon. --...

Go to a specific record when opening a form
I have created a database where employees update records in a form on a daily basis. The table is appended each day and new records are added to the end of the table. There are numerous text boxes that are automatically filled, and specific text boxes that are to be filled by the employees. Is there a way to have the form open an automatically jump to the first record where these empty text boxes appear? In other words, I don't want the employees to have to page through records to get to the first record where they need to enter information. Thanks so much for your help! On We...

how do I create an assesment test that records answers in ppt.
How do I create an assessment test in PPT that records the answers and has a certificate of completion to be filled in at the end? You could only do this with vba code. Can you code? You might want to look at examples on "Powerful PowerPoint for Educators" http://www.loyola.edu/edudept/powerfulpowerpoint/ -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "seasmith" wrote: > How do I create an assessment test in PPT that records the answers and has a >...

match record field
I have a simple excel table where 5 users enter records on the same spreadsheet throughout the week. In one of the fields (columns) the user will enter his name to identify who the record belongs to, and in another field is the date that record was entered. I end up with a table like the following: name entry_date Joe 04/16/04 Bill 04/17/04 Joe 04/18/04 Bill 04/19/04 Joe 04/20/04 Ed 04/21/04 My problem: In another cell on another worksheet I would like to return the latest entry date for a particular user as such: Joe 04/20/04 I can't see...

SOP Customer PO field
Does someone know of a way to customize the Customer PO field to not allow duplicate customer PO numbers? In POP you can't enter duplicate vendor invoices... you would think that this field could be done in a similar way? On Nov 18, 10:19 am, John <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does someone know of a way to customize the Customer PO field to not allow > duplicate customer PO numbers? In POP you can't enter duplicate vendor > invoices... you would think that this field could be done in a similar way? Write a stored proc that accepts CUSTNMBR and CSTPONBR ...

Can I Use AutoNumber Field In Multi-Table Link?
Is there any problem using the AutoNumber field as the primary key, and then using this field to define a 1-M relationship between two tables? I recall being warned against this. At the time, I was using another db app (Paradox). Would this warning also apply to Access? David Portwood wrote: > Is there any problem using the AutoNumber field as the primary key, > and then using this field to define a 1-M relationship between two > tables? > I recall being warned against this. At the time, I was using another > db app (Paradox). Would this warning also apply to Access? No....

IF and Concatenate
Hi I have a following chart which list out delivery dates arcross the top with items and units on the body of the chart (dashes are spaces) On the right column is the results that I need. What kind of formula can I use to return such results? I thought that I can use IF and Concatenate formula (IF, ordered units, then seek out date....). Not even sure I can use IF, since in my real chart, I have more than 20+ dates going across. Any help would be much appreciated! Style---7/30---8/13----8/14----8/15---8/17--------Wanted-Result 66106-------------------------------9--------5--------9 DUE ...

print several booklets at once without stopping to reinsert paper
I am using MS Publisher for Office 2000. I am printing a 2-sided booklet. I can only print one copy at a time. I have to print one side, then reinsert paper. Is there a way that I can print several pages of the front, then reinsert all of them and print the back? When you go to print, check current page, type the number of copies, click no to the query. Turn the stack over and repeat. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "mdkquinn" <mdkqui...

How to delete several resources at once
I added a group of resources from Active Directory which also created PWA accounts (good). Then I added another group from the Address Book, but no PWA accounts were created (now understand why), so I used Project Professional to edit the Enterprise Resource Pool to deactivate the accounts, using filters, sorting, etc. Then I went to PWA, Server Config, delete enterprise objects, resources and users, but there's no way to sort, nor filter the list of inactive users. Am I missing something?. How can I discrminate inactive resources?. I'm thinking on using RBS field to put ...

Reference previous record
I have a query that lists our parts and their cost. Some parts have 1 record and some parts have 2 records because their cost have changed. How can I have the query compare the previous cost for that part if one exists? Thanks, Jasper On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 15:37:06 -0400, "Jasper Recto" <jrecto99@yahoo.com> wrote: >I have a query that lists our parts and their cost. Some parts have 1 >record and some parts have 2 records because their cost have changed. > >How can I have the query compare the previous cost for that part if one >exists? ...

adding several number
I am trying to add several number in one cell. Example: jan I put in to cell 1: 100, then feb I add 200 to it, then march I ad 300 to it, so the total so far is 600, this goes on for 12 months. I have tried =Sum( , , , ). What I end up having is this =SUM(100,200,300,). I am using execll 2003 I get an error saying my equation is wrong. Any ideas, What cells are you actually putting the numbers in? i.e.: Say Jan is in A2, Feb is in A3, and Mar is in A4, and 100 is in B2, 200 is in B3, and 300 is in B4, your formula would be: =SUM(B2:B4) -- ** John C ** Please remember if your question...

Ability to publish FRx reports for more than 1 company in BP
I would like the ability to publish FRx reports for more than 1 company when using Business Portal. Currently BP is limited to 1 company. Most of our clients have multiple companies and need to publish the reports for all their companies, not just one. -- Bill ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then clic...

Text Field
I have created a database using linked tables. There are no notes fields in those tables and I need one. I created a text field and entered a comment but that comment appears against every record but I want it to stay within the record it was recorded against. Anyone help ? Hi KC Where did you create the text field? Since the table is linked, you need to create the text field in your data source, where ever the tables actually reside. If you created the text field (box) on a form, it will not be bound to a particular record and thus it will show up for all of the records, similar to ...

How to calculate the cumulative weekly average over several wksht
I need to figure out how to calculate the cumulative weekly average cost of something, accross several worksheets. ...

When concatenating concatenates don't concatenate... #3
Sometimes the simplest thing... I didn't realise that all the files ha to be open for the concatenation to work :rolleyes: . Doing s eliminates the problem and explains the erratic behaviour. And yes, th idea is to blend the variable and unvariable parts of an html pag together by pasting the final concatenation into a notepad.txt file Primitive, but interim. Thank you very much for your help. Best regards d'A -- d'A ----------------------------------------------------------------------- d'Az's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1504 ...

Dragging a Page field
DEar all, I'm using office xp. In a pivot table with OLAP datasource, i have >10 dimensions placed in the Page area. When i drag and drop a page field(a dimension) to the row area, someother dimension is getting dropped. For eg if i drag a Employee dimension , Employee gender is getting dropped and dont see a pattern in this. meaning every time someother field is dropped. Has anyone faced the same problem. Please can anyone suggest a solution. Thanks in advance. Charu ...