computers for dummies

fixing to call @ see if you got this smart ass from c tel helped me.
0
anthony
3/4/2007 4:10:35 AM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

kindly, before I crash this computer against the wall..
....does someone know why when I write this declaration: dim idx as Index (or even DAO.Index) it changes into: dim idx as index (or DAO.index) ....and obviously it screams errors if I run the code. References seem fine. As a guess, you have defined index somewhere in your database. I am surprised however that Dim idx as DAO.INDEX does not overcome the problem. Does this happen in just one database or in any database you have? If just one, you might try to decompile and then compile your VBA code and see if that helps. John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010 Th...

Mac Word freezes Computer my computer
I have recntly purchased an apple Macbook intel core Duo notebook running Tiger and MS office for mac version 2004 for students. both have been fully updated off of the web. When I load a word doc file off of my USB stick all's well until I try to then save a file; when quite often, the coloured circle appears forever, when word on the tool bay is touched it indicates that " word is not responding" when I try to force quit this some times works BUT then finder will not work and will not reset, so the only way to regain control of the computer is to hold down the "on/off key&...

How to Use One PST file on Two Computers?
Hello: I have a desktop machine with a pst file in my Outlook 2003. I would like to copy this pst file to my laptop. How do I synchronize the same file on 2 machines so I won't get duplicate e-mails? I use one premium Yahoo e-mail account and several free Yahoo accounts with YahooPOPs.. Thanks in advance, Spudy Hi Spudy, it is not possible by default to share PST files. A list of a list of third-party synctools are also on this site: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm On the Microsoft Office Marketplace site is a list of third-party messaging tools: http://office.microsoft.com...

Unable to Open a backup file (Money 2004) on a new computer
Though I am computer savvy, MS Money is driving me crazy. Last year I have installed Money 2004 on my laptop and used it once a month to download transactions. Everytime I close money, I get a new file created on my hard disk with the name "My Money Backup ++.mbf", where + indicates a number. I always open the latest .mbf file to access the information. Now I have purchased a new laptop and installed Money 2004 on that as well. I have copied the latest .mbf file from my old laptop onto a diskette and tried to open it from the new laptop in vain. Whatever I do, I get stuc...

Restoring computer
I would like to restore my computer from the day I got it. Does anyone know how to do this? I am fed up its all screwy and I think this will fix all our cont. problems Depends on what OS you are running. You can always reformat your hard drive. But save anything that you want to keep first. ALso on xp you can do a restore. but it only goes back so far. Still save important files because it will erase them. "high5me" <high5me@comcast.net> wrote in message news:%23ep9TO0hFHA.1444@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I would like to restore my computer from the day I got it. ...

Switching Outlook Contacts to Apple computer
I have been unable to find away to import my Outlook contacts and calender information to a Apple/Mac Powerbook G4 using the OS X platform. Can anyone give me some suggestions.I have Entourage X as email. Thanks, Not sure about how to deal with your calendar information, but you can export your Outlook contacts to a spread sheed, then import them from the spread sheet to you apple application. -- Dab Cut off: yourhead to respond "Brent" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:017b01c3c58f$b297bdb0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have been unable to find a...

Copying profiles from computer to computer
Hi there, does anyone know where I will find the folder where Outlook 2002 profiles are kept. My team hotdesk and I want to set up all their profiles on one machine then copy them over to each of the other machines rather than going through setting something like 35 profiles up on each. The machines are all windows 98 SE Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks Paul "Paul" <paulmckinlay@nospam_blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:12cb701c4434c$2702d8d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Any help would be gratefully received. > Thanks > Paul The profile informati...

How to share Outlook 2003 with 3 computers (peer to peer)
How to I share my Outlook folders, calendar, contacts, tasks, notes? NO Exchange Server! ( I am peer to peer with 3 computers in my office) help! David Create a Personal Folders file on a drive/share that all 3 computer have access to. This PST file can be opened via the File > Open > Outlook data file on each machine. Now for the bad news, Outlook opens the file for exclusive access. Therefore when Machine A has Outlook running, Machines B/C cannot open/work with this shared personal folders file. By the way, there are 3rd party solutions that let multiple machines share t...

Computer becomes unresponsive after installing updates.
Hi, I'm hoping someone could shed some light on some issues I've been having. I've just done a format and installed WinXPPro with SP2 and the computer. The automatic updates picks up a batch to download (approx 65), but whenever update KB956572 or KB959426 is installed, subsequence updates fail and the computer becomes unresponsive. I am unable to open IE or even notepad; any application will not launch and I'm forced to shutdown. After the restart, I can see the history by going to windows update via IE, and the failed updates all have the "Error Code: 0...

Reactivating Office on a new computer.
I had a downloaded copy of Office 2007 on a laptop which has been destroyed beyond repair. I have now bought a new laptop. How do I re-download my copy of Office, please? -- Steve Contact the vendor from where you purchased it. "stemac" <stemac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:795E14D0-A5F1-4CA4-B2B4-A102986CBADD@microsoft.com... :I had a downloaded copy of Office 2007 on a laptop which has been destroyed : beyond repair. I have now bought a new laptop. How do I re-download my copy : of Office, please? : -- : Steve The vendor was...

transferring e-mails between computers
Can anyone tell me how to copy/transfer my e-mails from one computer to another without risking over-writing all of the e-mails on the new computer. The old e-mails are on Outlook Express 5. Thanks very much. >-----Original Message----- >Can anyone tell me how to copy/transfer my e-mails from >one computer to another without risking over-writing all >of the e-mails on the new computer. The old e-mails are >on Outlook Express 5. > >Thanks very much. >. >If you are keeping your e-mails on the server you don't have to do anything. However, if you are keepi...

Synchronize mail between two computers
My question looks somewhat the same as the one by Ozsubasi, but I think it is not exactly the same. I have 2 computers: a desktop and a laptop. With my desktop (Vista x64) I download my e-mails (no gmail or hotmail, a commercial provider), using Windows Live Mail. I store the mails on the desktop. In total it is ca. 10,000 e-mails (received + sent, together around 6 Gb) over the years; I tell you this so you can understand that leaving the mails with the provider is no option. On a daily basis I synchronize my documents between the desktop and the laptop. I travel a lot for...

Moving Outlook to a New Computer #3
I use Outlook as my email software, and have a large number of message rules set up to move messages to the correct folders, etc. I am getting a new laptop tomorrow, and want to use it now as the computer I do all my emailing from. I've found info on how to reconnect my old PST file onto the new machine (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA010771141033.aspx). My question is whether this will move all of my message rules to the new machine, and what I need to do to create the various folders on the new machine. Can I copy over the old file structure of these folders to the new m...

Computer
See how you can earn thousands per day without ever picking up a phone. This opportunity is exploding right now. Work 1 on 1 with top earner. Get the details here www.0to20k.com ...

Trying to Delete payment
When retrieving one of the PO's that was trying to be deleted and the computer was shut down, I receive the following messages: 1) The stored procedure popSelectPODocInquiry returned the following results: DBMS:515, Great Plains 0. Click OK or More Info 2) Microsoft ODBC SQL SERVER Driver Cannot insert the value NULL into column,"table", column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. Click OK 3) ODBC SQL Server Driver cannot insert the value NULL into column "DOCTYNAM', table 'tempdb.dbo.#PODETAILED________________colum. Click OK -- Has anyone ever experienced t...

Sharing memory between computers
Hi, Is there any way of sharing memory between computers in a network. for example if I have an integer=2 in my client app.. can I use this variable in server??? And second question: Is every variable a place in memory? can I save the memory into a file and send it to another computer...then load the file in the memory again and use it? thanks Milad wrote: > Hi, > Is there any way of sharing memory between computers in a network. > for example if I have an integer=2 in my client app.. can I use this > variable in server??? > And second question: Is every variable a place ...

How 2 get partial office download out of computer-do NOT have off.
Do not have Office disk required to complete download and am now locked out of Excel-how to remove partial download??? ...

AD Users and Computers
Hi, We've recently installed Exchange 2003 on one of our Windows2003 servers. On this server, if we go into the Active Directory Users and Computers we can right click on a users and view the Exchange tabs for that particular user. If we go onto any other 2003 server and try the same thing, the Exchange tabs are not there. We were under the impression that since we ran forestprep etc.. which edits the schema, the tabs would show on any DC's and could also be edited from there. Is this not the case, or do we need to add some sort of snap-in to the other servers? thanks for any hel...

Synchronizing folders on networked computers
I have a portable networked to my desktop. Since I would like to use both computers, will you please advise me how to synchronize the data so both computers have the latest information. I am using Outlook 2002 SP-2 with XP Professional on the desktop and XP Home Edition on the portable. Thank you, Jack See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm Jack D wrote: > I have a portable networked to my desktop. Since I would > like to use both computers, will you please advise me how > to synchronize the data so both computers have the latest > information. > > I am using...

How to access all email on 2 computers
I use a laptop when travelling to access my email. However when i recently set this up , email received on the laptop while 'away from home' would not be received on the 'home' computer so could not be filed or further transacted when i returned home. I adjusted outlook 97 email settings to "Leave a copy of messages on the server" for the laptop but not on the home desktop. This ensured all incoming messages again come to the home desktop but now none come to laptop. How do I configure outlook on each computer to allow all email to come to both compu...

Converting From An XP Computer To A Windows 7 Computer
My new Windows 7 laptop will likely have Windows Live Mail already installed. My existing XP laptop has WLM installed as well. How do I make sure that my local folders, contact list and email settings (I have two email addresses) are transferred from my old computer to my new one in a way that will immediately synch with the installed WLM software? Please be as specific as possible. Go ahead and install WLM on your XP machine now and set up everything there. That will make your transition to the new W7 machine easiest. http://download.live.com You can File - Export from OE (?) ...

Fatloss computer program
I have been using this computer program for a couple weeks now and i am very pleased with the results so far. its a software fatloss program, if your looking for a diet/weightloss plan i reccomend you check this place out first: http://fatloss9.50webs.com ...

Stolen Computer
I had install Publisher 2003 on my computer and activated it. My computer was stolen and I bought a new one. I still had cd and installed Publisher on the new computer. When I try to activate it it says this serial number was already activated on another comouter. What can I do so I dont have to re-purchase Publisher? Isn't there a phone number option during the install? -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of the 45+ countries in the Americas! "Charlie Lancaster" <clancaster2@austin.rr.com> wrote in message news:d88d01c3ef49$a06a54c0$a...

Calendar easy to move from computer to computer?
Is there a way besides a Palm pilot to transfer all contacts, and calendar info from work to the home computer as a daily task? The problem is my palm pilot does not carry over certain fields in contacts that transfer from work to home. Is there a web based outlook? In Calendar, the color labeling does not transfer either. Looking for an easy way to have both computers updated in the same way. Thanks! .. ...

How do I transfer Outlook contents to new computer?
Hi, I have a new computer and need to transfer my outlook over from my laptop. Am using 2003, which is installed on my new computer also. I've been searching these q&a's, and see that I will need to "copy to a pst file"? What is this, where do I find it, and how to I execute it??? And if any of you clever people choose to help me, you will have to talk r-e-a-l-l-y s-l-o-w-l-y, as I'm very sorry, but I don't speak your language. -- Regards, Sarah See if this helps http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm "Sarah" <sarah@discus...