CommandBar Combo Boxes

I've created a VBA function to use as the action for a menu bar combo
box. How do I determine which item was chosen? And also for a textbox,
how do I get the value?

Jennifer

0
Toxalot
8/22/2007 7:18:17 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

I'm still stumped on this. What syntax do I need so the function knows
which item was selected?

Jennifer

On Aug 22, 4:18 am, Toxalot <toxa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've created a VBA function to use as the action for a menu bar combo
> box. How do I determine which item was chosen? And also for a textbox,
> how do I get the value?
>
> Jennifer

0
Toxalot

List Box to show your Order
At the Moment I have a query that lists my Horses on my form I have a Text box next to each horse so depending what number I put in my text Box gives me a Printing Order, This is for Printing Worksheets, What I am trying to Achieve is say to list Boxes and you highlight a Horse a click the arrow to send it to another Listbox on the same form then print the Order in list Box2, Once you select a record and click it to List Box 2 it disappears from list box 1, Any Ideas how to start this? -- Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob MS Access 2007 accdb Windows XP Home...

Search combo boxes
I am trying to use a form as a search form and to update records based on two combo boxes but I am running into issues. Using help on other posts here, I was able to get the combo boxes to work, or so I thought. The initial entry gives me the correct results but then I can page down and scroll through all the records in the form's record source. This is the code I have used on the Update event of the second combo box: Private Sub cboBLNum_AfterUpdate() With Me.RecordsetClone .FindFirst "[LoadNum] = " & Me!cboLoadNum & _ ...

No Dialog Box when Pasting Cut Cells
I am using one of the Microsoft Press books to learn Microsoft 2003. When I cut a group of cells it instructs me to go to the Insert menu and click cut cells and says that the content in the cells that I am overwriting should be shifted to the right, but instead they shift up. Because no Dialog box appears I have now way to change this. I would appreciate any clues on either how to make the Dialog box appear or to get the cells to shift to the right. I have already used the Options menu to make sure that the Dialog box is activated. Best regards, -- Albert Lan Hi, That is the corr...

Text box displaying columns from a combo box
I'm using text boxes to display the column data from a combo box. Trouble is when I move to another record or close the form and ome back in, those results are not displayed anymore and I have to reslect the values in the combo boxes to fill in the text boxes. Is there a way to lock the results to the text box for each record? TIA -- Don, Sydney Australia Don, I take it that you have a combo bound to a field in your table. When the combo is dropped down, you see several columns, but when it's not dropped down you can see only one. Therefore you have added some other text boxe...

commandbar in outlook
Hi all. in outlook when i click new Message email. I created a Command bar. All events at here is action. But when have a Commandbar button to hide at chevron. Then it lost events. I don't know why. Can you help me? Thank you -- trongd ----------------------------------------------------------------------- trongdu's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=532 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=127448 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i ...

Outlook 2000 E-Mail, No Email Coming in, Just Dialogue Boxes Looking for Errors
My MS Outlook box is not accepting incoming E-mails when I click on "Send/Receive", I get a pop-up dialogue box that tries to confirm the password for both incoming and outgoing mail (POP and SMTP). I cannot get my mail. I did set up a Passport account, using the same e-mail name. How do I correct this? ...

Combo box help needed
I have created a combo box on a data entry form (DataForm) that references another table (LUT_Table) in the same database to populate the list. When I select a name from the list, I want to populate two fields from the referenced table (LUT_Table) into the table (TargetTable) linked to the form. How can I do this? TargetTable fields: ID (Linked field in Access) Name LUT_Table fields: ID (Linked field in Access) Name The record source for DataForm is TargetTable. TargetTable Combo list on DataForm references LUT_Table and populates TargetTable.ID with selected LUT_Table.ID How can I also p...

how do i get rid of the text box outline around my text?
I hope you're filling your text boxes with more text than you're filling your messages :o) And you just need to read the help files, read the manuals, and look for a button marked Line Color. Set it to No Line. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm > "Ed Bennett" <the_nerd@mvps.org> wrote in message > news:%23bdlu9isEHA.3460@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > I hope you're filling your text boxes with more text > than you'r...

combo box froze in cell
I have a combo box in vbs on a excel work sheet.When i protect the wor sheet my combo box will not work it shows my items but will not functio with the formuals it is froze in the cell..When not protected it work great -- flg@access4les ----------------------------------------------------------------------- flg@access4less's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1471 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27185 flg, If the combo box is linked to a cell, the cell must be unlocked (Format - Cells - Protection) so the combo ...

Excel 2002 Comments Box
How do I change the size of the comments box? Thanks If you're asking about the Insert - Comment comment box, you can drag each side to wherever you want. HTH Otto "DLC" <dlcopesr@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1189sshps7cmu8f@corp.supernews.com... > How do I change the size of the comments box? > > Thanks > ...

Sort a report by a hidden field in a combo-box
Hello, I have a report which displays a list of devices, and their current location. The table is: Site, Description, Serial Number. Site is a number which has a relationship to the SiteNo field in a Site table: SiteNo Name This table is not arrange alphabetically. Record 1 may begin with "A", 2 may begin with "Z", 3 may begin "M" for example. The Site name in the report is a combo box, with two columns. The first bound column is the site key. This column is hidden. The second column is the true site name. When I order it by site, it is ordered by the hid...

Updating Two Text Boxes Based on Information Entered into a Third Text Box
I feel a little silly, but I'm just going to come out straight and say it: I play Dungeons & Dragons and I thought that it might be fun to try and build a character sheet database at home so that I could play around with some of the program's features and learn more about Access. Unfortunately, I'm running into a snag. Here's my problem: I have a form which updates a table, called 'Characters Table.' What I want to be able to do is select a race from a second table, called 'Races Table,' using a combo box. Then, based on the race selected, I want to have tw...

Multi Value Combo Boxes
Hello: One of the new features of Access 2007 (sometimes criticized) is the ability to create a table field as "Allow Multiple Values" using the Lookup Wizard when specifying the data type. This shows the values with a checkbox and allows the user to select multiple items (i.e. select CA, OR, WA as states in which a business resides). I was hoping to just define a table field as Text and then create the "Allow Multiple Values" when creating a combo-box on the form. The form wizard does not seem to create the same objects as when doing it in table design ...

Command Button Enabled/Disabled Based on Text in Text Box
I'm trying to create a form where, if there is text in a text box, a pair of command buttons will be enabled. I have figured out how to make this work if the text box has been updated, but I can't figure out how to make it work if there's already text in the box when the form opens. If it helps, here's the code I've written to make the buttons enable after text has been entered into the text box. Private Sub Class1_Change() If IsNull(Class1) Then Class1LvlAdd.Enabled = False Class1LvlRemove.Enabled = False Else Class1LvlAdd.Enabled = True Class1LvlRemove.Enabled = True End...

Combo box changin multiple bound combo boxes
Hello folks, I have a fom that displays multiple records form a table. Each record has a combo box that is bound to the table column called Returned By. I want to have another combo box on the form that will change the multiple combo boxes displayed on the form that are associated with multiple records in the table to the value that is selected in the one main combo box. I want to be able to then save the change. Right now, I my combo box only changes the selected record on the page. How do I make it change all of the records that are displayed. This is a key sign out/sign in database and ...

synchronizing Combo boxes
I cannot seem to get my combo boxes to properly Sync up. Im not sure if the code i am entering is wrong or what the deal is. Can someone help me out? I have two tables State and Countydocs. I am trying to make it so when the user uses the first combo box(cbostate) to pick a state, the counties for that state would populate in the second combo box(cbocountydoc). Once they pic a county I want to put a search button on there to pull up the documents for that selected. county. I can get the cbostate box to show the states but it will not populate the county info. can someone p...

text box on exit
I have validate code on text box and want to cursor get back text box. I use Screen.ActiveControl.SetFocus, but the cusor goes to where my mouse click. Are there any way to let cursor stay in the text box until user enter valide data? Your help is great appreciated, On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 11:43:02 -0700, Souris wrote: > I have validate code on text box and want to cursor get back text box. > > I use Screen.ActiveControl.SetFocus, but the cusor goes to where my mouse > click. > > Are there any way to let cursor stay in the text box until user enter valide > data? &...

How do I add a check box to an excel spreadsheet?
I am using Excel for my checkbook register and I want to add a column of check boxes that I can check after I have compared my register to my bank account. How would I do this? Hi Open the forms toolbar. Click on the Checkbox Tool and draw your box wherever you need it. Right Click on the check box and you can change the label, box size, position, etc. You can also cut and paste the box as many times as required. If you can't find the Forms Toolbar, go to View/Toolbars and click on Forms. HTH Michael "Alaska Massie" wrote: > I am using Excel for my checkbook register a...

Combo boxes like an option group?
Can you have three combo boxes on a search form and restrict the user to choose only one, somewhat like an option group? How in general would you do this…if it is possible? TIA, Kay Kay, Sure, but there are many ways to do that. You could use a 3 checkbox option group control which of 3 combos are enabled/disbled .. Combo1 Combo2 Combo3 � � � <=== Option Group -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP 2007-2009 http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find...

How to center check box at form?
Hello, I will greatly appreciate if you can help me to solve this problem. I have a check box field on my form but the button (check box) is now situated on top left side and I want to have it in the center. Hopefully I would like to make it bigger. I am using MS Access 2007. Thanks Open the form in design view, click on the object and drag to where you want it. Grab the edge and drag it larger. The check mark will stay the same size. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "Jan" wrote: > Hello, > > I will greatly appreciate if you can help me to solve thi...

Commandbar Position
I asked this question earlier but got no reply. I want my commandbar (a toolbar attached to a workbook) to always appear as the bottom-most commandbar at the top of the screen, centered horizontally, when the workbook opens. Seems like this shouldn't be all that difficult, but apparently it is a problem in Excel (2002). Thanks! James Try something like this macro below. Note that attaching commandbars to worksbooks is a bad thing for your end users - much better to create and delete the commandbar on the fly - lots of code available to show how. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP Sub Positi...

Excel Check Box problem
Hi, I am new to this forum, but in desperate need of some Excel help. I have created a long series of questions and the answers are in th form of "check boxes". If the user clicks the YES checkbox to questions I want to be able to "add" them up, and come up with result, i.e ANSWER. If the user clicked 3 YES and 1 NO, I want different answer to appear. I am not too sure if I am on the right track, as so far I was wonderin if I need to give the TRUE a number and so on? Hope this message is not too confusing. Hope you know what I mean. The new example should help. ...

Field availability dependant on combo box choice
Hi, I have created a database that will be used amongst other things to raise purchase orders (PO). On my PO form I have a combo box which the user uses to specify if the order is for consumables, hire weekly, hire daily and delivery. What I want to happen is that if they pick either hire weekly or hire daily the field next to it becomes available into which they can specify the number of days / weeks, however if they chose any of the other options, the field is not accessible, or hidden. I know the answer is probably already listed somewhere, I'm just not sure what ...

Still having a problem with my combo box
i have manged to create my combo box and when i click on it to pull it down all my info of my customer names address postcode and numbers can be viewed i then click on one of the customer names and the name appears in the combo box this is fine and what i want but iam still unsure on how to display the rest of the info for that customer on the form , whats the best way to do it and could you explain in detail how to because iam very new and only learning about the fundimentals of access . See this article: http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0058.htm -- Ken Snell <MS ACCES...

add blue double underline to certain portion of text in box?
I'm having trouble figuring out how to add a "blue double underline" to only a certain portion of my text in the 'text box' in Publisher.....would appreciate any feedback ; ) Thankyou ; ) Manually. Sorry -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Mean ; )~" <Mean ; )~@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E7890FE-A5F6-487B-A638-561E4055A776@microsoft.com... > I'm having trouble figuring out how to add a "blue double underline" to > only > a certain portion of my text in the 'text box' in Publisher......