command

how do you use command. A lot  of computer people use it but how do we use
it?

0
aaron
1/3/2008 6:13:53 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Aaron

You've reached a newsgroup dedicated to supporting the use of Microsoft
Access, a relational database product.  I don't see anything in your post
that suggests you are asking about MS Access.

Please post to a newsgroup that supports the area covered by your post.

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Office/Access MVP

"aaron" <aaron_t_d@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> how do you use command. A lot  of computer people use it but how do we use
> it?

0
Jeff

print preview command in Excel

ESEutil commands
I need a step by step guide on using eseutil. I need to learn how to use this tool to commit the logs to the database On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 18:09:02 -0800, "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need a step by step guide on using eseutil. I need to learn how to use this >tool to commit the logs to the database eseutil/? A full online backup of the store will commit the logs. What exactly are you trying to accomplish? I have another site that will not have a backup solution in place until next month so i would to know how to flush the logs using this utility ...

Command Button #4
I'm trying to create a command button to clear filters in my spreadsheet. I don't know how to write the commands, but can recored a macro and run it fine. I tried pasting that macro into the button....and I had it working then messed it up. Now when I click on the button, nothing happens. The code currently associated to the button is below. I really don't want Criteria1 to = 'Reject', but the one time the button worked if no filter was set and the button clicked, an error was returned. The only way I could make it work was to force a filter as part of the macro. How...

command
how do you use command. A lot of computer people use it but how do we use it? Aaron You've reached a newsgroup dedicated to supporting the use of Microsoft Access, a relational database product. I don't see anything in your post that suggests you are asking about MS Access. Please post to a newsgroup that supports the area covered by your post. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "aaron" <aaron_t_d@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:78CB1423-55B3-40A1-8BF5-D4615E816057@microsoft.com... > how do you use command. A lot of computer people use i...

command boxes from menu
I was working on word 2003, I had copied a portion of an online ebook to paste onto a new document, when I did right click to paste it on the doc. the command box appears outlined, no word commands, it's like a ghost. I then went to the menu at the top to Edit and find paste to do it from there and the same thing appeared; an outline of the command box, no word commands, it's like a ghost. I tried to pretend the words were there just not visible and moved my cursor to the position in which I thought paste was and clicked but nothing happened. Has anybody ever had this ...

command
still learning of the sql command HOW TO DISABLE XP_CMDSHELL AND DISABLE BOTH MAIL PROCEDURES ...

Adding a command to a picture
I have inserted a picture onto my form and in the Event / double click set up a macro to close the form however when i double click on my picture nothing is happening - help!! On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 06:02:22 -0700, casi <casi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: One suggestion would be to temporarily add a button to your form, and from the button wizard select the option to close the form. Then look behind the scenes what was generated, and implement your image_doubleclick the same way. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >I have inserted a picture onto my form and in the Event ...

Command Handler
Hi Guys, I have a context menu and menu handler. I know how to acheive what is needed,but I am wanting to know if there is a better way to do this. When the user right clicks on a view, I get the OnRButtonDown(...), there I show the context menu. I have a command handler for the menuitems in the context menu also, clicking which will take me to the handler. What I want is to know is the point where the context menu popped up inside the command handler. Is there a way? Or Is caching the CPoint in OnRButtonDown and using it in the command handler the only way? Thanks Vipin &...

Userform Command Button
In a Userform, I have multiple command buttons. For example: D1_Click D2_Click Depending on another event that occurs, I want to calculate in code the button name that I will be triggering the click event and then trigger the event. For example Application.Run "D" & i & "_Click" with i being the value of 1 or 2. Application.Run doesn't appear to work in the Userform. Thanks Steve Maybe it's because most subroutines in a userform module are "Private"??? Have you tried changing the "Private" prefix to "...

command buttons
Greetings, I have two command buttons A and B which are connected to subforms on the main form.I have a table"Client" and field "A/B". My goal is when I click amdA I want the field "A/B" show A, whe I click cmdB I field "A/B" will show B. If any solution? For me it's puzzle.Thx. -- Patric Patric, Assuming that the control you want to populate on the main form is named 'A/B', put the following code in the On Click event for button A: Forms![Name of main form]![Name of sub form control].Form![A/B] = A In the On Click event for button B:...

run command to istall printers?
I have the following commands that I can type at the dos prompt that will install a printer into all users profiles on the computer. rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /ga /n=94\\prnsrv\Second Floor Printer=94 net stop spooler net start spooler How can I put this into a vbs script so that I use it to run on peoples computers rather than typing it in. Thanks. Steve wrote: I have the following commands that I can type at the dos prompt that will install a printer into all users profiles on the computer. rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /ga /n�\\prnsrv\Second Floor ...

not command
Help. I have a list that pulled items from. 3 to be exact with total counts on each. Now I want to count everything else (and do not include the three that was been counted). If this did not make sence, sorry! The easy way is to count everything and subtract off what you counted for the 3 items. fourskunks Wrote: > Help. > > I have a list that pulled items from. 3 to be exact with total counts > on > each. Now I want to count everything else (and do not include the > three that > was been counted). > > If this did not make sence, sorry! -- Bryan He...

VBA
Hi there, I have created a user form in vba that someone would fill in variou text boxes. What i now want is the info to be summarised in excel. The userform is held in sheet 1, so the idea is the user would inpu the information in the text boxes and then click the command button an the text boxes information would be copied to indiviual cells i. textbox1 to a1 on sheet 1. I have tried by running a macro in excel to see the vb code but tha does not work for a vba form. If anyone needs the file let me know and i will attach it :cool -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Add ...

Using the Find Command with a Command Button
Greetings, I have a form with numerous fields that I am wanting to use the "Find" command on. What I am wanting to do is use a command button on the form labeled "Search". Whenever the user presses the Search button, I would like the "Find" command to be executed for whatever field the cursor is currently in. For instance, if the cursor is resting in the "First Name" field, then when the user presses the "Search" button I would like the "Find and Replace" dialog to appear so that they can't enter in a first name to searc...

Macro command not running in excel 2007
Hi, My name is Nabil and i work for Hewlett Packard Middle East.. I have created an excel file where i have made lot of formulas on excel 2003.. i have added a macro command as well to insert a row and inherit the formulas from the above row.. that worked fine on Excel 2003.. Now after i have refreshed my PC to Vista with Office 2007.. the Macro command (InsetRowAndFillFormulas)is not running anymore although i have enabled it from the Settings.. the command doesn't seem to work anymore on Excel 2007.. I need the command and i need to enable the Macro settings If more...

When right clicking the body of an HTML e-mail, and selecting the "View Source" option, nothing happens anymore. Notepad used to open so I could report the HTML code to SPAMCOP. Detect & Repair does not correct the problem >-----Original Message----- >When right clicking the body of an HTML e-mail, and >selecting the "View Source" option, nothing happens >anymore. Notepad used to open so I could report the HTML >code to SPAMCOP. Detect & Repair does not correct the >problem >. >By the way. I'm using Outlook 2002 and Window...

Sending a file to a remote computer using command prompt
I need help on how i can send a file to a remote computer using command prompt? Thanks Evan > I need help on how i can send a file to a remote computer using command > prompt? > FTP? --- Ajay Define "remote computer". On your same LAN? Generically over the Internet? joe On 12 Jan 2007 14:41:37 -0800, "Evan" <hurdevan@gmail.com> wrote: >I need help on how i can send a file to a remote computer using command >prompt? > >Thanks > >Evan Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: ...

LDAP Commands
Can someone point me to where there are some useful ldap commands to use when in Exchange doing a custom query. Recently I used the proxyaddresses=smtp: that worked great for what I needed. What other commands are there? tks, Jim http://www.exchangeinbox.com/articles/037/part1_ldifde_csvde.htm -- Alexander Zammit WinDeveloper Software IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Filter Power http://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/ "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:758B6F0B-290C-4489-B0B1-92336EA0C371@microsoft.com... > Can someone point me t...

Command Button disappears from worksheet
I copied an excel workbook that had command buttons on the worksheets to a co-worker's computer. I transferred the file on a jump drive (also tried emailing it using Novell Groupwise). When the co-worker opened the workbook, the buttons momentarily displayed, them disappeared. Is there some option that needs to be set in Excel for the buttons to show. I created the buttons using the control box toolbar. Is there a difference between that and the controls on the Forms toolbar? -- SLB ...

[Q] Command Line Switch for Outlook to specify profile....
G'Day, - I have 2 outlook profiles on the same computer - I dont want to log in to the same one each time - I would like to create a 2 shortcuts - one for each profile - So is it possible to supply a command line paramater to Outlook to specify the profile? TIA --Donovan The switch you want is /profile <profile name> -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Donovan J. Edye" <donovan@edye.wattle.id.au> wrote in message ...

Duplicate Record command
I am using the duplicate record command and it works except for the 2 linked fields in the form. It fills in all other values and then won't even let you edit the linked fields so that the record will save. Please help. ...

NetStat command
Hello, Does anyone know where we can find some sample source code that implements the network command "netstat" on Windows NT? Hopefully, the source code is free. But, we will pay for the source code if necessary. Our development environment is VC++6.0 SP5 on Windows NT. Thanks, Jacques Hello Jacques, Thanks for posting in the group. I don't think there is any source code of this command. The command should use a lot of SDK functions. Which type of information do you need? Here I am glad to introduce some useful links for your reference: http://www.codeguru.com/intern...

Setting up Hyperlink command in Outlook
I do not have the option of setting up a hyperlink in Outlook. How is this turned on? Also one of the user's on our Network has this option but when he uses it, (to map to a folder on our network) and then sends the link to someone else here on our network it does not show up as a link. The link created will show up as this: for example <J:\maintenace\mechanic> ...

Command Bar ID
I'm setting up Office 2003 on a server farm and cleaning things up with Group Policies. All the other programs in GP have a "disable command bar ID" function but publisher. I can run a macro to display the ID in publisher but don't know how to shut it off. Any thoughts? ...

What do the LEN and -find commands do in Excel?
Can you tell me what these commands are and when you would use them? Thanks in advance. hi len counts the number of characters in a cell inclunding punctuation like commas, periods etc. find returns the numeric position of a character within a text in a cell (or number) from the left. regards FSt1 "falcios" wrote: > Can you tell me what these commands are and when you would use them? > > Thanks in advance. ...