Combo box contents doesn't change when filtering combo box is chan

I have 2 combo boxes. Combo1 contains a short list of years 2009,2010 etc
which are pulled from a table. Combo2 has the row source of a query which
uses criteria selected in Combo1. If I select 2009 in Combo1 then Combo2
shows only rows matching 2009. If I close the form and run again selecting
2010 in Combo1 then Combo2 shows only rows matching 2010. However for this
application the form must remain open and when I make a different selection
in Combo 1, Combo2 remains unchanged. I'm missing how to force Combo2 to
refresh to show the changes. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Joe M.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

In the afterupdate of Combo1, requery combo2.

If len(Combo1 & "") > 0 then
  combo2.Rowsource = "Select * from queryname where somefield=" & combo1
Else
  combo2.Rowsource = ""
End If

"Joe M." wrote:

> I have 2 combo boxes. Combo1 contains a short list of years 2009,2010 etc
> which are pulled from a table. Combo2 has the row source of a query which
> uses criteria selected in Combo1. If I select 2009 in Combo1 then Combo2
> shows only rows matching 2009. If I close the form and run again selecting
> 2010 in Combo1 then Combo2 shows only rows matching 2010. However for this
> application the form must remain open and when I make a different selection
> in Combo 1, Combo2 remains unchanged. I'm missing how to force Combo2 to
> refresh to show the changes. Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks,
> Joe M.
Watch http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=minychoyle plez fwd

On 11/17/09 5:34 PM, in article
A84D4638-ABD2-406B-A521-E3C1135EF52D@microsoft.com, "S.Clark"
<SClark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> In the afterupdate of Combo1, requery combo2.
>
> If len(Combo1 & "") > 0 then
>   combo2.Rowsource = "Select * from queryname where somefield=" & combo1
> Else
>   combo2.Rowsource = ""
> End If
>
> "Joe M." wrote:
>
>> I have 2 combo boxes. Combo1 contains a short list of years 2009,2010 etc
>> which are pulled from a table. Combo2 has the row source of a query which
>> uses criteria selected in Combo1. If I select 2009 in Combo1 then Combo2
>> shows only rows matching 2009. If I close the form and run again selecting
>> 2010 in Combo1 then Combo2 shows only rows matching 2010. However for this
>> application the form must remain open and when I make a different selection
>> in Combo 1, Combo2 remains unchanged. I'm missing how to force Combo2 to
>> refresh to show the changes. Can anyone help?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Joe M.

0
Max

List box
I am trying to use the list box function from the control toolbar. I am not sure how to get the listings I want in the list box. Is there certain VB coding that is needed? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. Todd No VBA code needed. In Design mode, click on your list box and select Properties from the Control toolbox (or right-click your list box and select Properties), then scroll down to the ListFillRange Property and indicate the cell range address that has the items you want to appear in the box (i.e., A1:A10). Then exit out of design mode and test your list box. MRO "Tod...

Changing newsgroup servers...how?
I have been trying without success to access news groups on news.individual.net... but I keep getting an error message Outlook express was unable to switch to newsgroup***** on the server news.individual.net. 480 Authentication required Configuration Account. news.individual.net Server news.individual.net Any suggestions please Andy The news server requires you to supply a userid and password in order to access it. Did you configure the account properties correctly? "laroffie" <laroffie@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:cfo5v7$f1b$1@news-reader1.wanadoo.fr... &g...

Item Cost Change to incorrect figures without prompting
Microsoft 2005, RMS 1.3 - After doing some database cleaning and inputing correct item costs, I sent worksheets from HQ to all stores of the new correct cost. Pushed them through HQ Client, and checked to see if they changed in the stores. Affirmative. One week later, I noticed the item cost had changed to some weird figure on every single item cost change I had made and then others I had not touched. I went through my list and changed them once again in HQ, sent the proper worksheets, pushed the worksheets thru, and the changes were made. A few days later, the item costs changed a...

how do i view different mail boxes
I have set up different email accounts in outlook 2000. How do I choose which mail box I view when I go to outlook? btoonhoule <btoonhoule@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have set up different email accounts in outlook 2000. How do I > choose which mail box I view when I go to outlook? Using IMO or C/W mode? -- Brian Tillman ...

Concatenate Multi-Select List Box Items
I need to use the chosen items in a multi-select List Box as concatenated text in another control on a subform. This text will be part of a large amount of concatenated text. How do I do this? I did find info here about using such items in a query but it was way over my head and I couldn't figure out how to convert that idea to this issue so please don't just refer me to that w/o some other explanation for this novice. For example, if the user selects: Frt Bumper, Grille, & Headlamp in the List Box, I want to then somehow concatenate those selections into a sente...

Report with Negate Filter
I have created several custom reports by modifying the reports that were closest to the results I needed. They just needed some tweaking. I am now trying to make a report with a built in Negate Expression Filter. I am unable to do this. Just curious if anyone has modified a report and added this filter. I am using notepad to open up the QRP report files then saving them as a Custom QRP file. Any help would be great. Thank you, Neil Let me teach you how to fish on this one :) Just use the filter screen to create the negated filter you want, then when the report is displayed, MEMORIZE i...

Pie chart-remove series w/out changing percent in pie
Is it possible to remove a series from a pie chart without the percentages of each pie section changing? I tried to hide rows in the spreadsheet that have <5 value. But I want the % in the data labels to stay the same. If I hide rows, the labels change so that the whole pie still adds up tp 100%. Thank you! Denise A pie is supposed to add up to 100%, isn't it? That's what pie charts are (incorrectly) assumed to be good at showing, portions of a whole. Actually, pies "plot" the fractions accurately, but for a number of cognitive reasons, people just can't read th...

Filtering a combo box using a combo box
All, I am trying to filter the records from a table displayed in a combo box using a combo box on the same form. I built a query and set the criteria as Me![FormName]![Combo_box]. This allowed me to filter the list, but it did not do exactly what I wanted. When the first combo box is blank, the second one is also blank. Is there anyway I can get the second combo box to display all of the records when the first box is blank? Thank you for your help. Regards, John Try a criteria in the second combo of: Like Forms!YourFormName!Combo1Name & "*" -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http:/...

Tracking Changes

Save Changes? #2

colour change of dated box

Combo Box on Forms
Hi, I am using a combo box on a form that has several items w/ one being Other. If the user selects other I want them to be able to input what they want so that it will go into the table instead of just the "Other". I just am not really sure on how to do that. Can you help? Thanks, Jaime In design view click on VIEW - Properties and the the combo. Then change Limit To List to No. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "jseger22@yahoo.com" wrote: > Hi, > > I am using a combo box on a form that has several items w/ one being > Other. If the use...

Field Type Change

Change to upper caseUpper case
Is there a quck way to change all lower case text to upper case TIA Jim C Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm for a macro solution -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Jim C" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2eec001c46dad$0c146710$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a quck way to change all lower case text to upper > case > > TIA > > > Jim C Hi Jim See this webpages http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm Or http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm Here is a macro for changing text cells in t...

sent box
how do i get the emails in the sent box to show sent to instead of sent from? -- deb deb wrote: > how do i get the emails in the sent box to show sent to instead of sent from? Add/remove whatever columns you want. Right-click on the header row and select Field Chooser. i may have not explained myself too well i dont want to sort by the "to" column i want the header on the email to show "to" not "from" i think the problem might be that this is not the default sent file, its just a folder named "sent" its for my boss, he ha...

Combo Boxes
Someone sent me an Excel document where each of the cells in I1:I312 are combo boxes. When you click off of those cells, the down arrow disappears. The list for the combo boxes are cells AA1 and AB1 (AA1 is New and AB1 is Existing). Please explain how this was done? Also, can you please tell me if it is possible to make New and Existing autocorrect entries. So even though the choices are New and Existing, if you hit N, New appears, and if you hit E, Existing appears. Thanks!! It sounds like Data|Validation. Take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVa...

Show Daily Price Change Statistice in Portfolio
Since there are many people who use MS Money Plus Deluxe might find that the Options to show the Price Change and Percentage change from previous days activities has been ELIMANATED in the latest version of Plus Deluxe. I would be interested in having this option and feature returned as an update. Since the holdings in many company profit sharing plans, IRA's and 401k don't have TICKERS, the need to compute the needed information already exists in the price histoty data downloaded from the Non Microsoft Web Site. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Mic...

Find, page numbers, and Track Changes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I've had my new Mac for about a week, with MS Office for Mac. Before that I was using the Microsoft Works with Word 2003, which I loved. <br><br>I'm a writer, so I have long documents. Sometimes I suspect I'm overusing a word, so I want to go through the document with the Find feature, counting the number of times I use this word and what pages it's on. If I see that I use this word several times very close together, I can do some changing. With Word 2003 this was easy. Each occurren...

Edit box should support languages like japanese,chineese etc
Hi wht im trying to ask is.. 1. In my application, all the labels r in english only. 2.If i change the content of one text box in japanese or chineese language , [Text box value is the title for another dialog] 4.After i changed the content, i want the title to be displayed in japanese or chineese language. Note: I want only that text box to be changed ,,not the entire application.. so How can i able to support multibyte characters in MFC controls CEdit --text boxes.. Plz reply They do. You have to be in a Unicode app, and you have to have selected a Unicode font that has Chin...

Changing Column Main Headings
All my worksheets in excel shows the columns as 1-2-3 . .and so on. How do I change back to a-b-c-d and so on?? Thanks. Tools|options|General Tab Uncheck that R1C1 reference style box. Nloza wrote: > > All my worksheets in excel shows the columns as 1-2-3 . .and so on. > How do I change back to a-b-c-d and so on?? > Thanks. -- Dave Peterson ...

Report Error
When I run any report I get this error Error: Subreport could not be shown. In the event log I get: Web service request SetParameters to Report Server https://server/reportserver failed with SoapException. Error: The path of the item '/mycompany_MSCRM/4.0/' is not valid. The full path must be less than 260 characters long; other restrictions apply. If the report server is in native mode, the path must start with slash. (rsInvalidItemPath) --------------- Reports were working fine - the paths haven't changed so the above error is most likely not the real problem Thanks i...

Separator in combo box
hi, Is it possible to have a line separator in a combo box? I mean something like a separator in menus? thanks, Behzad Try :- http://www.codeproject.com/combobox/zsepcmb.asp http://www.codeproject.com/combobox/customcombo.asp -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com /* MVP tips tricks and essays web site */ http://blog.voidnish.com /* My blog on C++/CLI, MFC, Whidbey, CLR... */ "behzad" <b@b.com> wrote in message news:%23fVB3em5EHA.3368@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > hi, > Is it possible to have a line separator in a combo box? I mean something > like...

Text boxes on graphs
How do you make a text box hide the grid lines behind it on a graph? The grid lines are still visible and run through the text box, cluttering it up. Thanks right-click text box choose -- 'Format Text Box' from shortcut menu colors and lines tab change fill color to white Warm Regards, Crystal remote programming and training Access Basics 8-part free tutorial that covers essentials in Access http://www.AccessMVP.com/strive4peace * (: have an awesome day :) * Drew wrote: > How do you make a text box hide the grid lines behind it on a graph? The > grid line...

Multiple Combo Boxes Highlighted
Hi, I have a problem with something in VB6. I have 4 combo boxes with individual names (not an array) located on an SSTab object. When I select another tab and then return to the tab these boxes are located on, each of them appears to be highlighted in blue. I add values to them only when loading the form so I'm at a loss as to why this happens ? Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jen. "Jennifer Ward" <jward@comcast.net> wrote in message news:eq5HrcBrKHA.6064@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have a problem with someth...

Dilemma With Cache Mode and Junk Mail Filter
I am using Outlook 2007. I am attached to our mail server running Microsoft Exchange 2007. A little while back I had to add many contacts to our server, but when I looked at my global address list in Outlook 2007, some of them were not showing. I posted a question about this in newsgroups, and was told that if I turn off Cache Mode, i would probably be able to see all of them. Sure enough, when i turned it off, I was able to see all of the contacts and users in my global address list. I noticed that I have been getting a lot more junk e-mails, and my junk e-mail folder is empty. So I was...