Colour Rows in Datasheet based on three criteria

I was wondering whether it would be possible to colour rows in a datasheet
(or continuous form) based on 3 criteria.  Scenario is I have a series of
jobs that can be either unassigned, assigned and finally "assigned and
completed".

I would like all rows that are "unassigned" to be one colour; all assigned
jobs to be another colour and the final section to be a further different
colour.

thanking you in anticipation

PMK

access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 09:05:01 -0800, PMK <PMK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I was wondering whether it would be possible to colour rows in a datasheet
>(or continuous form) based on 3 criteria.  Scenario is I have a series of
>jobs that can be either unassigned, assigned and finally "assigned and
>completed".
>
>I would like all rows that are "unassigned" to be one colour; all assigned
>jobs to be another colour and the final section to be a further different
>colour.
>
>thanking you in anticipation
>
>PMK

Yes, at least in Access2002 and later. Select the controls that you want to
change color and use the Format... Conditional Formatting menu option.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John

Message colour ?
Hi All Someone recently sent me a email that shows up red in my message window ( I don't use the preview pane ). I don't have any message rules that would change the colour of that message or anything like that and the priority of the message is normal. Anybody have any ideas as to how this is done ? OL 2002. Cas It's done with the default automatic formatting rules -- View | Current View | Customize Current View | Automatic Formatting -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

How do I get every other row to highlight gray
I need every other row to be gray and if I insert a row I need the sheet to correct the shading automatically format>conditional format>condition 1>formula is>=mod(row(),2=0)>format as desired. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Nancy C" <Nancy C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D44D022-3A18-48CE-9E76-B4AEA19891F8@microsoft.com... > I need every other row to be gray and if I insert a row I need the sheet to > correct the shading automatically In cell A1: Format, Conditional Formatting. Let the condition be Formula is ...

Color alternating Rows
Excel 2007 Any easy way to color alternation rows on an excel sheet? And to make it more complex can I do the above within the constraints of certain columns (color alternation rows onlw between columns 1 and 7 - for example)? Any help here will be appreciated. Thanks in advance You can do it with Conditional Formatting. See www.cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm for examples. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting www.cpearson.com (email on the web site) "Dave" <dave@accessdatapros> wrote in message news:963EA009-CBE0-4724-9DA2...

Colour Rows in Datasheet based on three criteria
I was wondering whether it would be possible to colour rows in a datasheet (or continuous form) based on 3 criteria. Scenario is I have a series of jobs that can be either unassigned, assigned and finally "assigned and completed". I would like all rows that are "unassigned" to be one colour; all assigned jobs to be another colour and the final section to be a further different colour. thanking you in anticipation PMK On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 09:05:01 -0800, PMK <PMK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I was wondering whether it would be possible to colour r...

Missing Rows and Columns Pasting into Word from Excel
I posted this question earlier, but no one responded. I've tried to reword to clarify this time. When I Paste Special and select Picture (Enhanced Metafile) of a large set of cells from Excel (2007 12.0.6514.5000 SP2) into Word (2007 12.0.6504.5000 SP2), instead of pasting the entire copied range, the rows and columns that would fall off the page when I paste are actually missing. In other words, even if I shrink the picture by grabbing the little square handles and dragging it down, so it only takes up half the page, the missing rows and columns are still missing. They...

anyAttribute in base classes
Does any know how to tell xsd.exe (or Xmlserialize or Xmldeserialize) not to read/write the "xsi:*" type attributes for complex classes that inherit from other complex classes since after the first Serialization and subsequent Deserialization in which a base class has the anyAttribute element the Object Model will have an attribute created for an element that is for the xsi:* complex type: thereafter, the XML instance document will not parse since there are two attributes with xsi:*. For example, if the XML schema has a complex type called "A" in which there is the anyAttri...

Counting multiple criteria
Can someone help a simple soul please? I need to count the number of instances that particular values appear in a column. I have three values and I can use COUNTIF for any one of the values, but I can't work out how to ask for the total occurence of three different values. I've tried =COUNTIF(($C4:$C85,"4.3")+($C4:$C85,"4.4")+($C4:$C85,"7.1")) but I get the usual error message, and that is no help at all! Much appreciated in advance, thanks Hi Try this: =COUNTIF($C4:$C85,"4.3")+COUNTIF($C4:$C85,"4.4")+COUNTIF($C4:$C85,"7.1&q...

Create a check box for each row
I am trying to create an issues list in excel, and I want to add a check box in the field as the issue is resolved. Hi Nicholas, Install by rightclick on sheettab then view code then insert the following: Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal _ Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean) If Target.row = 1 Then Exit Sub 'row 1 s/b column titles If Target.Column <> 2 Then Exit Sub If UCase(Target.Value) = "P" Then Target.Value = "" Else Target.Value = "P" End If End Sub Format the entire column with Symbol Font ...

Colour changes
Greetings from Downunder One of my colleagues sent me this, something of a puzzle. She is using XP and Office 2003:- In My Documents I have a folder of PPTs of hymns and songs that we use in church. I file any new songs here making sure that they are a golden yellow text on a very dark blue background. This is the way it has been for about 4-5 years. This morning I went to use some of them in the presentation for this coming Sunday - and would you believe they are now ALL pale yellow on a black background. Every last one of them - and each song is is a separate PPT file. ...

can i match a colour to its wavelength in nm
I have no clue what nm means? http://www.nattyware.com/pixie.html -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "aquakem" <aquakem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5542A16-0420-47AC-A1F1-F7C4E6A11B80@microsoft.com... > Mary Sauer <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have no clue what nm means? Nanometres. > http://www.nattyware.com/pixie.html Won't do it. http://members.cox.net/astro7/color.html claims to have a FORTRAN program that will do it....

How do i merge data in a row of cells to be comma separated in on.
I have multiple columns each containing data that i now need to represent in one final cell for each row. Can i merge the date with comma separators? One way: =A1 & "," & B1 & "," & C1... Alternatively, you could use the UDF here: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/multicat.html =MultiCat(A1:F1,",") In article <AEEC8296-91AD-41BD-985A-37590284F84C@microsoft.com>, Banana <Banana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have multiple columns each containing data that i now need to represent in > one final cell f...

Open a form based on combobox selection
Hi, I have a main form that contains a combobox with several options, I would like the user to be able to select an option from this combo box and have another form open automatically based on the user selection. For example if the the user selects "cars" from combobox then a "CarDataEntry" from would open, or if the user selects "planes" then the "PlanesDataEntry" form would open. What would be the best way to accomplish this? I appreciate your help Assuming your combo box row source is a value list, you could make it a two column combo with th...

Row height
Hi Guys, Thank you very much for your assistance yesterday - great help. Need to pick you brains on the following; Worksheet now has alternate blank rows inserted but I now need to adjust the height of these blank rows on block - know how to to this individually but can't get it to work on mass. Thanks. Hi, Select the range and then press Ctrl+G > Special > Blanks. This will select all the blank cells. Now go to Format > Row > Height and input the desired number. All the blank cells will now calibrate to the row height Hope this helps. -- Regards...

How do I set up different column widths for sets or rows?
I am trying to set up a worksheet where Columns A-F, will have a width of say 12, for rows 1-10; but for rows 15-30, I want columns D-L to have a width of 8. How can this be done? I was hoping not to have to merge columns. thanks, seo2seo, your only other option would be to center across section -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "seo2seo" <seo2seo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D030...

Why is colour printouts not same colour as in word?
When I print my logo from Word the colour is correct. When I copy it to Publisher and print it from there the colour comes out wrong. What could be the problem? Try importing the image rather than copy/paste. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "DvdM" <DvdM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E59B7744-C2FA-4A06-9778-96690CFFFE86@microsoft.com... > When I print my logo from Word the colour is correct. When I copy it to > Publisher and print it from there the colour comes out wrong. What co...

Importing or Paste One Column Data and needed in rows

excel: How can I color code rows based on a value in a cell?
Jexample: If the value in cell J2=P, then shade the entire row in yellow. 1. Select row 2. 2. Go to Format > Conditional Formatting. Select "Formula Is" 3. Insert: =$J$2="P" 4. Click the "Format" button and format as desired. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Jexample: If the value in cell J2=P, then shade the entire row in yellow. >. > Parker Select the entire row to color. Doesn't have to be row 2. Format>Conditional Formatting>Formula is: =$J2="P" Pick a color from from the Format button. Note the ...

Distinct Counts with Multiple Criteria
Each month we produce a complex report in Excel using thousands of rows of data. We've just been asked to add in a new table which needs to use distinct counts based on multiple criteria. I've included an example of the data below. How can I create a formula to complete the results table as I have manually entered below? A B C D 1 NAME DEPT LOCATION TYPE 2 Mary Finance A Primary 3 Sally Finance B Primary 4 Sally Finance B Primary 5 Mary IT A Primary 6 John Finance B Secondary 7 John Finance B Secondary 8 David Admin A Primary 9 John IT B Secondary 10 Da...

Change bkgnd colour for some words in CRichEditCtrl?
I'd like to be able to change the background colour for some of the text in a CRichEditCtrl. I'm comparing two files side-by-side in these controls and need to be able to highlight some text to illustrate the results. I could just change the text colour and make the font bold and/or larger, but highlighting similar to when text is selected would stand out better, especially if I could also change the text colour to suit. Is this possible? (I've seen it in some programs, but don't know if a CRichEditCtrl was used.) Any help appreciated, Steve C. ...

Removing Border lines and colour for All sheets
Hi Everyone, is it possible to write a macro to run every sheet and just remove border lines and colours for all cells in a sheet for every sheets in a workbook? I know macro is like this but can't really think how I can loop this. Can anyone help? Thanks alot Cells.Select Selection.Borders(xlDiagonalDown).LineStyle = xlNone Selection.Borders(xlDiagonalUp).LineStyle = xlNone Selection.Borders(xlEdgeLeft).LineStyle = xlNone Selection.Borders(xlEdgeTop).LineStyle = xlNone Selection.Borders(xlEdgeBottom).LineStyle = xlNone Selection.Borde...

Drag and Drop Rows (not just cells)
Hi. Is it possible to move a row or rows to other places using drag and drop? Right now I insert a new (empty) row in the place or places I want to paste, then I copy the row or rows I want to move, paste it or them in the empty rows and then go back and delete the rows that have just been copied. This is quite tedious, indeed. Is there a faster way to move rows, aside from creating a macro, which I am unable to do? If it is possible, please explain how to do this in simple English, step by step. Thanks. Hi Rebecca, Right click on the row number identifer on the left of the page. Thi...

How to return preset values based on query result?
Greetings, I have a database table that has a row called "Company", which may return different variations on a company name, depending on how it was entered. For example, it may return one of the following: WidgetWerks, Inc. WidgetWerks, Inc. Widget Holdings Corporation WidgetWerks Co WidgetWerks Ltd. WidgetWerks Canada WidgetWerks For grouping and simplification, I would like to add another row to my query results called "Simplified Company", where it would just return "WidgetWerks" if "Company" is any of those above values. In other databases, I mig...

Need Macro- Insert rows based on dates and copy info from that row
I need a macro that will insert a number of blank rows based on the number of months between a start and end date and then copy the information in the reference row to the new blank rows. repeat for each start and end date sequence. The records are over 8,350.. so ill also need some idea how to get it to stop when it fills the worksheet so i can transfer those into another workbook Assuming start date in column A, end date in column B Public Sub ProcessData() Dim i As Long Dim LastRow As Long Dim NumRows As Long With ActiveSheet LastRow = .Cells(.Rows.Co...

VB and set of Data bases
Bonjour, I have a set of databases. Each database has a VB procedure to launch the database queries. These databases are used in sequence : Database_3 needs data from tables generated in database_2, who in is turn needs data from tables generated in database_1. Is it possible to launch VB proc=E9dures of database_1 and database_2 from database_3 ? And how to perform this job ? Thanks in anticipation for your help. le Nordiste Yes, but it will use far fewer resources to combine them in a single database. That said, to do what you want, you build a public function in a st...

colour recognition
hi guys, i may be chasing the impossible here, but here we go anyway. ive got cells in my spreadsheet formatted so that they change colour depending on what value is input. basically, i want to know if its possible for excel to recognise how many cells of a certain colour i have and then display the results numerically. is this possible? yet again, your really helping me out and it would be greatly appreciated. If you're using Format|conditional formatting to color those cells, then I think it would be easiest to just duplicate those rules in helper cells and then use those helper cel...