Code to expand/collapse combo box drop-down list

Does anyone know code to automatically expand a combo box list when the
control receives the focus and collapses it when the focus is lost?

Thanks

0
Graham
5/29/2007 2:25:17 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

In the Enter event, or GotFocus event use:

Me.ComboBoxName.Dropdown

When you exit the combo box control the list will retract.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"Graham Walker" <walgra@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
> Does anyone know code to automatically expand a combo box list when the
> control receives the focus and collapses it when the focus is lost?
>
> Thanks

0
Arvin
5/29/2007 2:34:39 PM
Thank you Arvin for your quick reply.  I just used your code and it works
like a charm.

Thank you again.

"Arvin Meyer [MVP]" <a@m.com> wrote in message
> In the Enter event, or GotFocus event use:
>
> Me.ComboBoxName.Dropdown
>
> When you exit the combo box control the list will retract.
> --
> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
> http://www.datastrat.com
> http://www.mvps.org/access
> http://www.accessmvp.com
>
> "Graham Walker" <walgra@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
>> Does anyone know code to automatically expand a combo box list when the
>> control receives the focus and collapses it when the focus is lost?
>>
>> Thanks

0
Graham

Keeping focus on a text box
I have a form on which I'm using my own record selector buttons to move between records. I'd like to use some code to keep focus on a particular text box (ItemNum) when moving between records if ItemNum had the focus prior to moving to the next record. ItemNum is not the default 1st Text box on the form. Any suggestions? Thanks Kevin D "Kevin D." <KevinD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF2CEF17-ADA7-4253-8CDD-DB2AC3DD5117@microsoft.com... > I have a form on which I'm using my own record selector buttons to move > between records. I...

How do I unprotect a text box in an otherwise protected worksheet
I have many cells protected on a worksheet but also have a text box that I want unprotected. I understand locking or unlocking individual cells but can't find anything regarding locking or unlocking a text box. It appears as if the sheet is protected, all text boxes are automatically protected. Hi Gary, When you protect the Workbook, (Go to Tools, Protection, Protect Sheet) The protect sheet window will pop up, you should have some options to check or uncheck under "protect worksheet for". Un-Check the objects box. This will enable all locked cells to be protected, and ...

Make text boxes the same height
I have 3 seperate text boxes that are side by side on a report, they vary in height and can grow, I want to put a solid box around each but I want them all to default to the tallest so as they look uniform when printed. I have spent a long time looking at other posts and trying some OnPrint event procedures but with no luck so far. I hope someone can help, thanks in advance Open your report in Design View and right click on your textbox and open the properties. Under the Format tab you will see a Width and Height field. These are the fields to adjust your textbox. If you hold down the ...

Starting a dialog box minimized
I would like my dialog-based application to start up with the dialog box minimized. One of the properties of the main window in a window-based application is to start minimized but that property isn't present for the dialog box. I've looked through the various messages but the only ones I see are ones that are sent to the window when it gets minimized - none to tell it to minimize. Ive tried placing "PostMessage(WM_SIZE, SIZE_MINIMIZED, 0);" in my "xxx::OnInitDialog()" function but that doesn't do it. How should this be done? Thanks, Ray Mitchell ...

combo box look
the combo boxes on my form makes my fom look bad. I have changed the back and border color of the combo boxes to match the background of my form. However, the dropdown arrows stick out like a sore thumb and ruins the appearance of my form. This maybe a high expectation, but is there a way to change the looks of the combo boxes. For example can you get rid of the dropdown arrow? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

Code to fill Word form for multiple records from Access
This is the code I've been working with, but it freezes Access: Private Sub Command66_Click() 'Print Physician Profile. Dim appWord As Word.Application Dim doc As Word.Document 'Avoid error 429, when Word isn't open. On Error Resume Next Err.Clear 'Set appWord object variable to running instance of Word. Set appWord = GetObject(, "Word.Application") If Err.Number <> 0 Then 'If Word isn't open, create a new instance of Word. Set appWord = New Word.Application End If Set rs = Db.OpenRecordset rst.Open Me.RecordSource, CurrentProject.Co...

Excel graph series list bug
When selecting a data series from a list that does not fit in the selection window, the user must scroll down and pick it. The program automatically jumps back to the top of the list and selects the top entry. Then the user has to pick the series again. It works the second time. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsr...

Expanding Borders?
I have a report with about ten text boxes in a section. I need a border (Box) around the section of ten boxes displayed in my report. The problem I am having is the bottom text box is 'Can Grow' and does, but the border does not grow with it. Is there a solution to keep the box around my section of text boxes even when it grows? You can use code in the On Print event of the section to draw lines using the report's Line method. Use this method to draw the complete rectangle or use horizontal lines at the top and bottom of the section and draw two vertical lines with the Line...

Drop Down List / Open Report
How do I go about setting my Combo Box to open any one of my ten reports i.e.: rptCharge1.....................rptCharge10 Do I put there name in the Row Source Value [Value List] Row Source ;rptCharge1; What would have the Event OnClick Thanks for any Help....Bob On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 11:11:57 +1200, "Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote: > > >How do I go about setting my Combo Box to open any one of my ten reports >i.e.: rptCharge1.....................rptCharge10 >Do I put there name in the Row Source Value [Value List] >Row Source ;rptCharge1; >What wou...

Customizing the search in the "members of a marketing list" view
Hi! We have a strange problem with the search in the "members of a marketing list" view. If we do a search for a last name, there are no hits, even though there is such a contact in the marketing list. If we do the search for the same contact with the first name or a "*" before the lastname (for example "*gates") we get the contact we were looking for. I guess our CRM is only searching in the field with the full name... Everywhere else, the search works as expected and we can find the contact even with searching only for his last name. I checked the defau...

How do I remove a combo box in Excel 2007
I have excel 2003 at work and I inserted a combo box (I think that is what it is called) with a drop down menu. I am at home now using a computer with Excel 2007 and I want to remove this Combo Box, but I can't find the tool bar (control box?) that I used to create/edit it. This is quite frustrating. Can anyone tell me where it is please? I want to remove this box. You have to show the developer's tab on the ribbon. That's under the office button|excel options. It's a checkbox in the top section of the Popular category. Then look in the Developer's group on the ribbon. ...

Converting varying length Vertically-aligned records to Horizontal Rows of list (tabular)
I have a Excel Spreadsheet with Records of books. The fields and data value is entered as the First and Second Column (ColA, ColB). The records are separated by 2 empty rows. Some fields are missing for some records: Some record may miss the 'author' whereas some records may miss some other fields, say ,'subject' AND 'totalpage'. The Objective is to tranform the record horizontally with Each ffield in one column with missing field blanked so that all the field are aligned in a column e.g. colA for 'Title', colB for 'Author' How can we convert varying ...

Getting rid of confirmation boxes
Hello, Is there a way to get rid of confirmation boxes popping up in Excel? I use Excel 2000 on WinNT4 and I need to keep a spreadsheet open 24/7 doing calculations. The problem is the sheet runs 50+ external database queries to an sql server set to refresh every minute and occasionally a "Not enough memory to complete query" error or similiar pops up with an "OK" button to click. The entire spreadsheet stops running any queries while this "OK" button waits for someone to click it! Its very annoying. Especially when I check it after a week and its had a mes...

Support Code:85010001
Howdy, I just purchase a Sprint PPC-6700 in the hopes that it would sync directly to my Exchange SP2 server. The error message that I receive is "Your account in Microsoft Exchange Server does not have permission to synchronize with your current settings. Contact your Exchange Server administrator. Support Code:850100001." Does anyone have a resolution to this problem? Thanks, Prayer Sorry, no help, but I'd love to hear what you think of the 6700 once you get it working! "Solanky, Prayer S." wrote: > Howdy, > > I just purchase a Sprint PPC-6700 i...

User not vissible in Global Address List.
Hi, We have a user that is not vissible in the Global Address List, but it is vissible in a Sub Address List. I checked the filter which is used for the global address list. When i test the filter i can find the user?? Can anybody help me find the problem. We use Exchane 2000 SP3, Win2K Server, Outlook 2000 Goldhorn ...

how do i remove telephone number hyphens from a list in Excel?
I have a long list of telephone numbers in an Excel spreadsheet that i need to remove the hyphons from. Do you have a quick formula for doing this? One way is to highlight the column, then do Edit > Replace > put - in the "Replace" box and leave the "replace with" box empty, then press ReplaceAll Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Mediazoo" wrote: > I have a long list of telephone numbers in an Excel spreadsheet that i need > to remove the hyphons from. Do you have a quick formula for doing this? =SUBSTITUTE(A1,"-","") -- HT...

email does not appear in the "in box" it just does not appear at all
Outlook 2003 XP All was working well until I switched to AT&T U-Verse (my mistake). The change to their new POP3 mail servers has caused the following condition: Junk mail is received and displayed in the "junk e-mail" folder. Regular email does not appear at all, yet it can be found received on the web mail browser. Their tech support seems to be at a loss and started finger pointing. Any help here will be much appreciated. Do you have any rules enabled that could be moving things around? Are you receiving any errors when the send/receive process completes? &q...

Retrieve Product Key Codes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel We mistakenly left our disk sleeve on a wet counter and ripped the product code stickers. We can only read the last ten digits of each of the 3 product key codes. How can we retrieve replacement key code numbers? <br><br>Thank you, Sue On 2010-02-28 14:16:48 -0800, Sue_Burgess@officeformac.com said: > We mistakenly left our disk sleeve on a wet counter and ripped the > product code stickers. We can only read the last ten digits of each of > the 3 product key codes. How can we retr...

Word should have a popup window so I can drop some notes...
For instance, right now I am working on a presentation and I am surfing the internet to find some information. As I was looking, I found a couple of quotes I liked and so I made a little text box for a quick reference to some good quotes I found. It would be nice if there was a little popup window to place some good information that ties itself to the docx file when saved. I could imagine people using this for jotting down some thoughts of how they want to end their essays or what have you. Just a thought. :D ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Mic...

Excel Function for select data which NOT exist from the list
There are 2 data sets are assumed running in A3 and in B3 down, viz.: In A3 down is: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K and L In B3 down is: B, A, H, C, F, I, K, J, H, C and J. The result which I want is to list or select the data which is NOT exist in the second set of data (Col B) when compare to the first set of data. In my example, the result is D, E, G, and L actomactic appear in cell C3, C4, C5 and C6 accordingly. I need an Excel formula to have this result! Many thanks, Wilchong -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/200804/1 Try thi...

How do I code the cloning of an object in vba?
Specifically a frame containing both a textbox control and a spinbutton control. Thanks Steve Can you be more specific? What are you wanting to do? Are you just wanting to copy a control to another userform? -- Cheers, Ryan "sarndt" wrote: > Specifically a frame containing both a textbox control and a spinbutton > control. > > Thanks > > Steve ...

Price Lists...
It appears when entering an order you need to have a product setup on a price list in order to enter it, rather then use a write-in product. Is this correct? Brent You should see two tabs when entering Products: Existing and Write-in. Click the Write-in tab to enter a write-in product. Linda >-----Original Message----- >It appears when entering an order you need to have a >product setup on a price list in order to enter it, rather >then use a write-in product. > >Is this correct? > >Brent >. > ...

Tools - Options
I've started having a problem with my default font in datasheets. In all my dbs, the datasheet font was suddenly something different. I went into the Tools - Options - Datasheet tab and the Default Font field is empty and there are no fonts showing in the list. I have dozens of fonts available and this just started happening recently after years of working fine. I have Access 2002 running on Win XP. Any ideas? Thanks Maury, there was a problem with this in Access 2002. I thought MS had fixed it with one of the early service packs. Suggestions: 1. Go to http://support.microsoft.co...

The outlook today lists 2 days after the current day.
This is after all the updates were taken from the microsoft site! If I am on wed then the Otlook today shows the appointments for Fri and Sat in the summary of the first screen "outlook today" The date is shown correctly. The customise option has stopped working so I cannot see to what it has been set. Girish Dandekar <girish_dandekar@persistent.co.in> wrote: > The customise option has stopped working so I cannot see > to what it has been set. This is a well-known problem that has been answered THOUSANDS of times. Google is your friend and so is the Microsoft Knowl...

mutli-select list box problem
The following code is my failed attempt to get the items picked in a multi-select List box to then appear in another form named "NameDetailForm". The NameDetailForm does open but does not show the items picked from the list box. I believe the end part of my code is flawed, but cannot figure out what it should correctly be. If there is better code for this purpose, I would appreciate seeing it. Private Sub Itemschosen_Click() Dim strWhere As String, varItem As Variant If Me!NameListBox.ItemsSelected.Count = 0 Then Exit Sub For Each varItem In Me!NameListBox.ItemsSelec...