Close Connection Question

I use transferspreadsheet (link) to bring Excel sheets into my managers
database. I have gone into Excel and set the sheets to shared but still some
users who try to access that same sheet will get a message that it is in use
by another user, which causes their computer to put up the debug message. Is
it possible to close that connection after the sheet has been linked and
updated the table? Or is there a better way? Or would it be possible to have
each user load their own copy? What is the best solution for this? Thanks,
Milt
--
Milton Purdy
ACCESS

no soy madre de alkiler y con este ya van dos hijos que me han kitado
"golfinray" <golfinray@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje de
noticias news:C314FA42-E631-4086-BAD3-5E8A1C38D7EF@microsoft.com...
>I use transferspreadsheet (link) to bring Excel sheets into my managers
> database. I have gone into Excel and set the sheets to shared but still
> some
> users who try to access that same sheet will get a message that it is in
> use
> by another user, which causes their computer to put up the debug message.
> Is
> it possible to close that connection after the sheet has been linked and
> updated the table? Or is there a better way? Or would it be possible to
> have
> each user load their own copy? What is the best solution for this? Thanks,
> Milt
> --
> Milton Purdy
> ACCESS
> State of Arkansas

0
erika
11/20/2009 7:41:32 PM
como hago para recuperarlos?pido la prueba de adn a todos los niños de
españa?

"golfinray" <golfinray@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje de
noticias news:C314FA42-E631-4086-BAD3-5E8A1C38D7EF@microsoft.com...
>I use transferspreadsheet (link) to bring Excel sheets into my managers
> database. I have gone into Excel and set the sheets to shared but still
> some
> users who try to access that same sheet will get a message that it is in
> use
> by another user, which causes their computer to put up the debug message.
> Is
> it possible to close that connection after the sheet has been linked and
> updated the table? Or is there a better way? Or would it be possible to
> have
> each user load their own copy? What is the best solution for this? Thanks,
> Milt
> --
> Milton Purdy
> ACCESS
> State of Arkansas

0
erika
11/20/2009 7:43:43 PM
No compreda espanol
--
Milton Purdy
ACCESS

"erika gomez" wrote:

> como hago para recuperarlos?pido la prueba de adn a todos los niños de
> españa?
>
> "golfinray" <golfinray@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje de
> noticias news:C314FA42-E631-4086-BAD3-5E8A1C38D7EF@microsoft.com...
> >I use transferspreadsheet (link) to bring Excel sheets into my managers
> > database. I have gone into Excel and set the sheets to shared but still
> > some
> > users who try to access that same sheet will get a message that it is in
> > use
> > by another user, which causes their computer to put up the debug message.
> > Is
> > it possible to close that connection after the sheet has been linked and
> > updated the table? Or is there a better way? Or would it be possible to
> > have
> > each user load their own copy? What is the best solution for this? Thanks,
> > Milt
> > --
> > Milton Purdy
> > ACCESS
> > State of Arkansas
>
> .

Clients loosing connection to server
I have an Exchange 2003 server running in a Windows 2003 AD domain. Starting a week ago, all of my clients will periodically loose the connection to the server. In some cases, the connection will be lost and then it will reconnect, then several minutes later, the connection is lost again. When this is happening, if you close Outlook, you can not get back in because it can't find the Exchange server. I work for a school district and the Exchange server is at one location, but we have eight other sites connecting to the Exchange server and the problem seems to be happening at all ...

How to Enable Close(cross) button of MB_YESNO messagebox
Hi, I want to enable the close(cross) button in the right corner of YESNO message box. Can anybody tell me how to do this. Klic. "Klic" <rohit.turambekar@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1186120969.045121.287770@i13g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > I want to enable the close(cross) button in the right corner of YESNO > message box. > Can anybody tell me how to do this. Why? If there is a valid answer other than yes or no, then how about a yes/no/cancel message box in which (I would guess) the x button is equivalent to cancel. That would be more standard. Da...

XPath and XmlNamespaceManager question
I’m trying to select nodes in an XmlDocument using XPath, but I keep hitting a wall. The code I’m attempting to execute is as follows: StreamReader sr = new StreamReader(@"G:\Virtuozzo\get_disk.xml"); XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument(); doc.Load(sr); XPathNavigator nav = doc.CreateNavigator(); XmlNamespaceManager nsMgr = new XmlNamespaceManager(doc.NameTable); nsMgr.AddNamespace("ns1", "http://www.swsoft.com/webservices/vzl/4.0.0/protocol"); nsMgr.AddNamespace("ns2", "http://www.swsoft.com/webservices/vzl/4.0.0/computerm"); nsMgr.AddNa...

Problem with connections to localhost
I have a strange problem with Outlook 2000. When I set the outgoing server to 127.0.0.3 Outlook does not send mail properly. It goes to some stage and the mail is not sent. I can however send mail using OE. I have tried all settings in the network tab in Outlook. None seem to work. Any solutions? TIA. -- main(){char s[37]="CSbwjAjocpy/mw!PS!sbwjAeftqbnnfe/dpn"; int i;for(i=0;i<36;putchar(s[i++]-1));return 0;} Localhost is usually 127.0.0.1. When you ping localhost, what IP address is returned? This is defined in your hosts file. Regardless, what is your e-mail server? If y...

ThisWorkbook.Close question
Please take a look at the code below: Public Sub DumbFoo ( ) ThisWorkbook.Close() Sheet1.Range("A1").Value = -1 ThisWorkbook.Save() End Sub Is it safe to assume that the code below the "ThisWorkbook.Close()" line will NOT be executed??? My question is basically: Does all VBA code stop executing once a .Close() function is called??? Thank you! I don't believe the code would execute at all because of the parentheses after Close. It would throw an error an tell you that something is missing, or type mismatch. But, if you did...

Money 2007 Question about tracking savings...
I am currently using MS Msney 2007 on a XP system SP2. My wife and I need to track money that we deposit into our savings account that will be spent for different things. We put in $150 every week but this needs to be split to different future bills (property tax, house insurance, christmas presents for the family, etc.) as well as savings goals like a new car. I have tried using the savings goal in money and have not gotten very far. Maybe I need to play around with it some more. I'm hoping that there is someone here who will be able to help me with. It is hard to look at our saving...

Excel Question: Can I add images to a drop down list box?
Hey All, I was wondering if anyone knew a way to have a drop down box that was populated by images instead of straight text. Anyone out there have some insight they wouldn't mind sharing? Thanks, Croucho Pay some developers $100000 of dollars to come up with that excel addin. "Croucho" wrote: > Hey All, > > I was wondering if anyone knew a way to have a drop down box that was > populated by images instead of straight text. Anyone out there have some > insight they wouldn't mind sharing? > > Thanks, > Croucho only if you know VBS and can ...

Datasheet question
Is it possible to show a Form Header on a Datasheet form ? Thanks Not that I know of, but you could emulate it by creating a new form with a form header (unbound - no rowsource) and place a subform in that form displayed as datasheetview. Maurice "Phil Hunt" wrote: > Is it possible to show a Form Header on a Datasheet form ? > > Thanks > > > No but you can fake it by putting the datasheet form in a subform = control on an unbound main form - Put whatever you'd like on the main = form. --=20 Joan Wild Microsoft Access MVP "Phil Hunt" &l...

Outlook no connection
I have a network with Windows 2003 Server and Exchange Server 2003, one of the clients who uses Outlook 2003 has a problem, it prevent me to create new rules for messages, the message that pops is something like "the file outlook.0st it'not a file of folders without connection". Any idea what's the problem is and how to fix it? Thanks in advance Have you tried creating a new Offline Folders file? <huaing@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1158061032.292879.18000@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com... >I have a network with Windows 2003 Server and Exchange Server 2003, o...

Outlook closes and closes
Hi I have a strange bug. Windows XP Sp2 and outlook from office 20003 with all service packs applied. When I start outlook from windows out of standby postion, outlook immediately after the splash screen closes without reporting any errors in the eventlog or in any other log. If I start outlook the 10th time (or so) it stabilizes and does not close anymore and everything works again. info: My machine is fully patched and I am well known with keeping things healthy. Outlook.exe Version: 11.0.6353.0 Any ideas what to do? Thanks... try the detect and repair in the help menu. >----...

closing
What's the best way to close for the day? Making a backup is a given, but what about the computer? Is it better to shut everything off every day, or is it less wear and tear on the computer to leave it on all the time? Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Craig That's a matter of preference really. Personally I always turn off my rigs at home when I'm done with them. At the store we leave most of ours on 24/7. We've done it for years with no issues. Our register must be left on as it does automatic backups to a tape drive every night. I'd set your monitors ...

Help
When creating or fowarding an e-mail message using outlook 2000, scrolling through my "recipients" list (contacts) causes the program to close unexpectedly. So, I click "new", click "to", switch to my "contacts" list, and as I scroll through the names, the program just closes. Is there a possibility that one of my contact records is corrupt? I have opened all of my contacts and saved them without an error. This problem developed shortly after the install of Office 2000's calender update, and basic security update. I have since fully u...

Windows xp updates question
When I try to update Windows XP IE will not load page. It's as if the page didn't exist. I go click on 'Tools/Window Update' but the MS update page will not be found. How can I fix this? Tony Alpha wrote: > When I try to update Windows XP IE will not load page. It's as if > the page didn't exist. I go click on 'Tools/Window Update' but the > MS update page will not be found. > > How can I fix this? Windows XP _____ Edition with Service Pack _ __-Bit? Internet Explorer version _? Assuming some 32-bit version of Windows XP...

Connecting Outlook 2003 to MSN Mail via Outlook Connector
OK, here's your chance to get as totally frustrated as I am. I am trying to connect Outlook 2003 (just installed Service Pack 1 for Microsoft Office) to my MSN9 Mail Account (dialup). Running on Windows XP (SP2). I have tried everything: I have removed and reloaded Microsoft Office. I have removed and downloaded The latest version of the Outlook Connector. I have removed and added email accounts, over and over and over. It seems that the first time I try to startup the Outlook Connector (after the download); it tries to add a new email account, but gets a fatal error in the modul...

Workflow Rule -> Closing Activity
I set up a Manual Workflow Rule for Contacts to close out Holiday Season cards sent. The rule uses a condition to check for Contacts with cards sent and then Creates an Activity to add to each of the appropriate Contacts for future reference. What else do I need to do to close out all of activites rather than 1 at a time? Here is the workflow rule if that helps: if Contact.holidaycardlist = 1 then Letter: Send Holiday Card endif -- Dan W Systems Engineer Denver, CO ...

Auto-close Quotes when Closing Opportunity
We would like the ability to close an opportunity and have it ask if you want to close all the associated quotes. Right now, it says you can’t close the opp until you close all the open quotes and you have to each one of those one by one. Barring that, if we could select multiple quotes and click on a menu item (Close all selected quotes), that would be most useful. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not ...

Exchange 5.5 standard 16GB question
When will the system shut itself down - when the physical file priv.edb gets 16GB is size, or when priv.edb + pub.edb=16GB. If the system does hit the threshold and shuts down - can I upgrade to enterprise while exchange is down, or do I have to offline defrag, start back up, and then upgrade? Thanks Tito The threshold is reached when all edb = 16GB. You would be beeter to have Exchange working, not in an off status before upgrading. >-----Original Message----- >When will the system shut itself down - when the physical file priv.edb gets >16GB is size, or when priv.edb + pub....

Data file not closed properly #3
I saw several post regarding this, but none had any answers, so I starting a new post. There is also nothing in the KB about this. Since othe people are having the same problem Microsoft should take a look at it. I get the message "The data file 'Personal Folders" was not closed properly" every time I close Outlook 2003. It runs a quick check/fix and starts up fine. I am running XP pro w/ SP-2. Outlook 2003 w/ SP-1 All patches and updates are current. My notebook was just rebuilt for so I could get a clean slate for the office 2003 install, (reformat drive and new ins...

Tax Questions for Money
I have some tax questions pertaining to MS Money: 1. In monthly statements I receive from my financial service company, stock dividends are described as "Qualified Dividends" but mutual fund and ETF dividends are described as "Taxable Dividends." Do these designations indicate a difference in how they will be taxed and if so, how do I let MS Money know which kind of dividend I am entering? 2. Should securities that have a partial tax exemption -- e.g., U.S. Treasuries -- be entered as "Tax Exempt"? 3. Is there a difference in the tax treatment of U.S. Treasury ...

Internet Mail Connector Routing Question
I have an Exchange 5.5 environment. My internet mail connector is working fine. We acquired a new company and I am being told all email routed to the new company should stay within our internal network and no longer route to the internet. Our networks have been setup to support this. Can I set up my 5.5 connector to route one domain (outbound) to a particular address without affecting other emails flowing outbound? Any advice would be very appreciated! Thanks! yes...in the properties of your IMS, go to the "Connections" tab, and in the "Message Delivery" sec...

Question for Ken Sheridan re conditional warning message
Ken - On March 2 you kindly gave me some advice re the code to use to produce a warning message box if certain conditions were met on opening a record. It worked beautifully on a simple little test mdb but now I'm trying to put it into our corporate database and it errors. I think it's something to do with the fact that the values that it checks against are coming from another table and I may not have got the syntax correct. I took note of your advice re combos and referenced tables but couldn't resolve it. It may be because my structure is a bit messy, as bits have been adde...

one last exchange question
I've set up an exchange account on outlook 2007, loaded my .pst folder from my old pop account and then transfered all my subfolders/old email over to the exchange account. But when I log into my web based exchange account all I see are the subfolders, there are no messages. I am assuming there is some way to maybe mark the messages for upload or resolve the two folders but I can't seem to find that setting anywhere. Is there some sort of setting somewhere? It also might be related to the fact that there are about 30 subfolders with close to 1000 emails... "...

connecting story sections
I have a story where page 35 doesn't connect to page 36. I want to connect these pages. The problem is that publisher only lets me connect a page to a blank text box. As both page 35 and 36 aren't blank, I can't find a way to do this. Create a blank text box on page 36, then use the overflow feature on page 35 info to connect to the blank page 36 box. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Blindy" <Blindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7B78D7E-9888-40A8-B624-34C957C57...

Outlook2003 open and closed immediatly
I checked event log, nothing. And this happened when I just reboot my machine and first time tried to open Outlook, still same problem. But I found, when I double click anywhere in the Outlook Windows even it only gave me 0.5 second, then it won't close. Andy -------------------------------------------------------------- >>Look in task manager - processes, and see if multiple >>instances are running. If so, end all of them and try >>starting again. I had similar problem w/user, posted >>above. >>>>>-----Original Message----- >>>>>My O...

YE Closing Procedures
The year end closing procedures need to be more efficient and user friendly. For example, the payables and receivable management is date sensitive except for amounts since last close, vendor yearly summary etc. These modules should be fully date sensitive and the ability to enter into multiple years without caveats should exist. Year end is stressful enough ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the b...