Chinese Version mdb cannot be opened by Japanese Version

I use Chinese Version Access 2002 to develop a .mdb file, using 2000 format.

However, the Japanese collegue cannot open it with his Japanese Version
Access 2000.

I tried my .mdb file in my Chinese collegue computer using Chinese Access
2000 version, OK, can open.

So, I wonder that: Chinese version .mdb cannot be opened by Japanese
microsoft office !

Is that so ?  How can I solve this problem ?

Thanks!

Martin
2008-02-14

0
Martin
2/14/2008 10:19:54 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Access in Japanese
Hi, I have a Win2K machine. Because of customer requirements, I have 2 versions of MS Access in it. MS Acces97 and MS Access2K. I had applied both Windows & Office2K Japanese language pack. I have many Japansese Access 97 mdb files. I am able to see the Japanese fonts in Access97 but not able to view in Access2000. I tried to convert the Access97 databases to Access2K but the result remains. Are there any solutions/ways that I need to apply in order to view the Access97 mdb in Access2K. Kinda of strange. Am seeking help urgently. ...

how do i set up outlook notifiy me of emails with out opening it
i am trying to find out how to configure my outlook to run in the notification area but not have the hole program running and it tell me i have an email. It does that on my computer at work but it doesnt do that on my personal computer it only does this if i have outlook open already If you're using a POP3 server for your mail there are a number of free small POP3 checkers that will tell you that there's mail waiting to be retreived. "Donald Wyman" <Donald Wyman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9863E305-7C09-4ABA-BBF7-A105C162EB7E@microsoft.com......

Open Files Closing at Random
Hi, Yesterday I began experiencing a peculiar problem with Excel regarding open files. I normally open four or five Excel files when processing invoices, in addition to four or five Word files for those same invoices. Normally I work through the files, moving from one to the next making the changes required for that particular week's invoicing. I have been processing invoices in that manner for several years with Office 2003. Yesterday, however, as I was moving from one Excel file to another, two or three of the files would just disappear. The were not showing as minimized at the...

MAPI32.DLL is corrupt or wrong version. Reinstall does not fix!
Outlook installed as part of Office Pro 2003 but gives repetitive message when reinstall of Outlook is accomplished as recommended by error message. The message says MAPI32.DLL is corrupt or wrong version. It says to reinstall Microsoft Outlook to correct problem. Search reveals 3 files mapi32.dll, MAPI32.DLL and MSMAPI32.DLL. Would deleting any of these files help the problem? Thanks for any suggestions. Rename them, don't delete. By the way, you didn't mention what operating system you are using... so the best I can say is that Outlook 2003 uses the MAPI32.DLL @ \Progra...

Publisher cannot open file
I saved my file yesterday, and when I went to open it today I got a pop up saying Publisher cannot open file. I don't know what's wrong or how to get my file back. I need help ASAP. cara1384 wrote: > I saved my file yesterday, and when I went to open it today I got a > pop up saying Publisher cannot open file. I don't know what's wrong > or how to get my file back. I need help ASAP. =================================== Maybe the following link would be worth a look: Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 "Publisher cannot open this file" Error...

How do I open an .xls file
I have received a message from a friend with an attached file with an .xls extension but do not have the program to open it. Is there any way I can open it without getting a program which I do not need as I already have Lotus Smart Suite . Why not ask your friend to save as a .wk3 or .wk4 (whichever you use) and re-send to you. Or, you may get the excel viewer free from microsoft web site which will allow "viewing" on the sheet. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "boyroy" <boyroy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F062B3F1-8B99-4BAF-...

opening excel programs
iwould like to know how to open an excel spread sheet (97),made at work on my home computer . i have windows xp, i have the work saved on floppy disk. thanks Marty, If the versions of XL on the computers are XL97, XL2000, XL2002, or XL2003, then you are in business. You put the workbook saved on the work computer onto a floppy, take it home and copy it to a folder, then go to that folder and double-click it. Don't save directly to the floppy -- things can go awry. And don't open directly from a floppy either. Save to the hard disk (a folder), then copy to floppy, etc. -- Earl ...

Overflow when I open Manager v1.2
I can run Administrator and POS no problem, but when I open Manager I get an error that only says "Overflow" clikc ok and it closes. I ran a SQL querry and I have 46,120 items in the DB I dont think thats the problem. Any ideas? If you have multiple termiunals try to run manager from another terminal and see if you get the same error. Afshin Alikhani - afshin@retailrealm.co.uk Retail Realm = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = "Haik" <Haik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF05AFBC-B02B-451F-B143-2585E0B9CF64@microsoft.com... >I can run Admin...

2004 Trial version
My only non corrupted money file is now 2004. I accidentally purchased 2003 standard. Is there anyway to convert my file back to 2002 or 2003. I am in desperate need of help thanks If your purchase was a retail purchase, I'd exercise the Microsoft 30 DMBG on the M03 and get M04. There is no way to back convert a file. You can only dismember it and try to pick the pieces up in an earlier version. But that still requires a working M04. "Sila" <newsila@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1710e01c420f3$fb28bfb0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > My only non corrupted money file is n...

Open Workbook
within my macro i wqant a message box to come up requesting the user to either type in a file name or paste it and then use that file name to open the file also a way of selecting how many files i want the macro to run on for example run 1 i may have 3 files i want to run the macro on so i need the message box to ask me three times for each filename the next time i run it i may need to use 10 files to run the same macro on supplying 10 different filenames the files will always be located in the same folder as the spreadsheet i am running the macro on. thanks in advance Arnie Dim ...

cannot open any office program
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel keep receving a message saying A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED TRY RUNNING THE OFFICE INSTALLATION AGAIN Eevery time i try to open it. It is really aggrivating and i need help On 8/18/09 3:10 PM, in article 59b7a82f.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "aaron_Boudreaux@officeformac.com" <aaron_Boudreaux@officeformac.com> wrote: > keep receving a message saying A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED TRY RUNNING THE > OFFICE INSTALLATION AGAIN Eevery time i try to open it. It is really > aggrivating and i need help Thi...

Where is the command for open new office document in office 2007?
Does anyone know where the commands are for "open new office document" and "open existing office document" in Office 2007? They used to appear in the taskbar when I selected Start. thank you! "clyde1062" <clyde1062@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:199BE860-4474-4129-8A28-BBCBA788830F@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know where the commands are for "open new office document" and > "open existing office document" in Office 2007? They used to appear in > the > taskbar when I selected Start. thank ...

open backup .pst files on a DVD
I am using outlook 2003 as my primary e-mail editor. I have backed up the personal folder to my hard drive and copied the files to a DVD. When I try to open the data files on the DVD while in outlook to inspect them I get an access denied error box that contain the following message: File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file E:\OUTLOOK BACKUP\e-mail 2_06to3_07.pst This only transpires when trying to access the DVD backup copy not the hard drive or the flash drive copy. I can copy the DVD files back to the had drive and gain access. I would ...

document already open
Although I start a new spreadsheet an error msg keeps annoying me. I renamed the sheet but still get the msg. "A document of the same name is already open, you cannot open two documents of the same name", etc. What am I doing wrong? Thanks. Vince The standard fixes for this problem....... Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start>Run "ex...

Problem with opening second mailbox
I have configured Outlook 2003 to open a second mailbox. I have ownership permission on this second mailbox. When I add the box - it shows up in my option to open. BUT, no contents of the mailbox will display. Any help..... How were the permissions granted - in Outlook, or on the Exchange server? If you need full access to the mailbox, it's best to set it on the server - you'll get everything. tbergstrom wrote: > I have configured Outlook 2003 to open a second mailbox. I have > ownership permission on this second mailbox. > > When I add the box - it shows up in my...

Open Office #2
Can anyone advise how they've found Open Office and whether it is worth using, particularly for Excel applications? Rob "rob nobel" <robnobel@dodoNOGOOBS.com.auNOGOOBS> wrote... >Can anyone advise how they've found Open Office and whether it is worth >using, particularly for Excel applications? Depends on what you're trying to do. OO Calc's array handling is much weaker than Excel's, so many (possibly most) of the trickier array formulas given in these Excel ngs won't work in OO Calc. But most of the other techniques work. OO Calc provides onl...

can't open file containing OLE object.
Trying to open and image that in linked in a Access database. Running Windows 2000, using Kodak Imaging as viewer. Have data on server shared peer to peer network. On the server we can access the the image through the link, but on the work stations, we receive the (Microsoft Access can't open the file containing the OLE object)error. Have entire C drive on server shared and workstations are able to access the folder where images are stored directly. ...

cannot open purchase order
when trying to open a PO, received message: You cannot open this purchase order since it is currently saved in a purchasing batch. Please select another purchase order. any advice? It's apparently been selected in a Receiving transaction. Find the receiving line that is for the PO and delete the line or the entire receipt. -- Charles Allen, MVP "HFLo" wrote: > when trying to open a PO, received message: > > You cannot open this purchase order since it is currently saved in a > purchasing batch. Please select another purchase order. > > any advice?...

Opening CRM 3.0 in full screen browser
Hi, When I am opening the CRM in browser mode it is opening as a site in the browser (I can see the address bar) and not as an web application (full screen). Why is it happening in some clients and how it can be fixed ? Thanks in advance, Eddie This is controlled in the web.config on the web server. There is a setting for app mode that needs to be set to On/ -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Eddie" <Eddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD80F65E-A047-4BFB-8079-B4FF45A7F0BE@microsoft.com... Hi, When I am opening the CRM in browser mode it is op...

Excel XP on WinXP file open err
Howdy! I have a profile issue I am trying to resolve in XP. The user lost their ability to double click a .xls file to open. Excel still launches, but no file opens. You have to go through the file-open process. ..xls still shows as an "excel" icon, but they just don't open. I don't have a lot of xp-erience with XP os, so I don't know what to look for. This is the only profile (of 5 local) with the problem. Any ideas? --Chris Sometimes one of these works: Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel /regse...

Can't open files

Outlook compatibility with older Office versions
Our environment consists of Lotus Notes, Office 2000, and Windows 2000 with some XP. We would like to move to Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2007. We don't want to tie the migration to workstation OS or Office upgrades. Will Outlook work on the same machine as Office 2000? WIndows 2000? It will work on the same machine as Office 2000 but it requires Windows XP SP2 or later for the OS. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com "GAZ" <gregzook@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1187417988.013915.126510@x35g2000prf.googlegroups.com...

Moving Info from Outlook 2003 to an earlier version
Help I have a client that would like to move on a weekly basis his contact information between his secretary's outlook (2003) and his outlook (2000). I read in Microsoft knowledge base that there is a way to do this - article 830336 but I couldn't do step 10 (it won't let me) and as such I was not successful in creating a .pst file from 2003 that would work on the older version of outlook. Can you do this and how???? Thanks are you dragging the entire folder? try selecting the contacts (control a to select all) and right click drag them to the new pst and copy. (you...

error " cant open attechet html file in outlook 2007
hi, when i am receiving an attached email i am getting an error that say " cant open the file right click on the mouse and check permission on the file". i have check the same file in anther computer and it can open it. it only happen in html file. -- בכבוד רב, מישל ויאנקור ...

Open File
I created a shortcut to a executable on a mapped network drive. And I get the open file security message. I Googled this and found the page below. Tried both settings in IE; Include all network paths (UNCs) And add the server to trusted local sites. Neither works. Still get the error message. Is there anything else that I can try? http://windowsxp.mvps.org/networkfile.htm Thanks ...