Check boxes on querys

i have a query about search for if a check box is ticked or not on a query.
On one database if the box is ticked it is shown as -1 when i do a search,
which is great as i can just search for those with -1 in it.
However we have another database designed by someone else where in the
search it is just showing as a box with a tick on it, -1 doesnt work, Is
Null, Is Not Null doesnt work, does anyone know how to define the criteria on
this checkbox that it picks up just those that are ticked/or not ticked?

Many thanks
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Cathy,

I am surprised that using -1 in the criteria doesn't work.  In Access,
-1 is the default value for Yes/True.  However, it can be any integer,
so it is a good idea to use <>0 instead.  Whether you actually see a
checkbox, or a numerical value, or Yes or True or On etc, is a
formatting thing, which should not affect the value.  For example, this
can be affected by the Format and Display Control property settings for
the field in design view of the table.  This is assuming you are talking
about the query datasheet itself.  If you are talking about working with
a form, it is possible that the "box with a tick" is not really a
checkbox.  So sorry, I know I haven't directly and confidently answered
your question, but can you please have another try.

--
Steve Schapel, Microsoft Access MVP

Cathy wrote:
> i have a query about search for if a check box is ticked or not on a query.
> On one database if the box is ticked it is shown as -1 when i do a search,
> which is great as i can just search for those with -1 in it.
> However we have another database designed by someone else where in the
> search it is just showing as a box with a tick on it, -1 doesnt work, Is
> Null, Is Not Null doesnt work, does anyone know how to define the criteria on
> this checkbox that it picks up just those that are ticked/or not ticked?
>
> Many thanks
0
Steve

Comment box name
I'm using Excel 2003 and use comment boxes extensively. Each time I open/iinsert a new comment box, a name appears that is not mine. How can I change this to have my name appear each time I open/insert a new comment box? Tools>Options>General>User Name. Enter your name in the dialog box. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 07:57:04 -0800, hruzam <hruzam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm using Excel 2003 and use comment boxes extensively. Each time I >open/iinsert a new comment box, a name appears that is not mine. How can I >change this to ha...

Check last form to be closed and fire event
Is it possible to check if a form has just been closed? I have a form that has values updated when a related form is closed. I then want to automatically change other values on the open form. This uses code placed on a fields before update event which works fine when changed manually but does not fire when the field is programmatically updated. I have read that I could call the event in code. I am not sure which event to attach the code to now. Can I use the got focus event of the form as the second form closes? Also is it possible to check if the form has just closed and use this as a ...

update check box fields in the table using array based on certain value
One of my table has _Ct values and I want to update other relevant fields in the same table ( basically check box) with ‘yes’ or ‘no’ depending on the _ct values. Can some one show me how I can do this in Access and correct the following logic? Public Const ct = "H1_Ct H3_Ct H5a_Ct H5b_Ct RP_Ct swInfA_Ct swH1_Ct" Public Const test = "H1_Tested H3_Tested H5a_Tested H5b_Tested RP_Tested” Public Const result = "H1_Result H3_Result H5a_Result H5b_Result RP_Result" Dim objDB As DAO.Database Dim mytbl As DAO.Recordset Set objDB = CurrentDb() Set myt...

help with SQL query for HQ
Hello! Need two queries. 1. to clear the bin location field for all items 2. to assign a numberical value for the bin location field for each of our stores. ex. store 1 bin location field to read 1, store store bin location field to read 2 any help would as always be greatly appreciated... thank you hi zcsf, 1. To Clear bin location Run this UPDATE ITEM SET BINLOCATION='' 2. To Update the bin location with store id UPDATE ITEM SET BINLOCATION=storeid from Configuration Rate please. "ZCSF" wrote: > Hello! > Need two queries. > 1. to clear the bin location field ...

Query Question - Friend - Friend - Friend
There are two tables. Table1 has names of all people in town, and Table2 has friend relationship of people in Table1. TABLE 1 | TABLE 2 | NAME | IndexID NAME FRIENDNAME A | 1 A B B | 2 A C C | 3 B A D | 4 B D E | 5 C A F | 6 C E G | 7 D B H | 8 D E | 9 ...

Lookup Box on an Unbound Form
Is it possible to add a combo lookup box to an unbound form? If so, how? Open in design view, click on the Combo icon on the ribbon and place cursor where you want the corner to be and drag to the opposite corner. Right click it and scroll down to select Properties. Add a source. By the way what do you expect it to do? -- Build a little, test a little. "gagecres" wrote: > Is it possible to add a combo lookup box to an unbound form? If so, how? ...

Linking a combo box
Hello. I'm looking for help with creating a combo box that will link to othe worksheets. Basically, what I am doing is making an information page for multipl car companies. So what I'm looking at doing is having a combo box/dro down list that if I choose, for example, "Ford", it will link to worksheet with information about Ford, and if I choose "Toyota", i will link to a separate worksheet with information about Toyota. Is it possible to do this? :confused: Any help is greatly appreciated -- jimme --------------------------------------------------------...

FW: Check out the important pack
--lpduusan Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="oofqhgqqli"; type="multipart/alternative" --oofqhgqqli Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="rudixxccz" --rudixxccz Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "December 2008, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to protect your computer. This update includes the functionality = of all pre...

Short Memo in text box
I want to print a box in top left corner of page that has text in it and rotate it approx 45 degrees ... it will then serve as a memo on sheets I will over print it on. Yes, it can be done. What part of this do you need help with? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "mercedes300" <mercedes300@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60EA9C52-D36A-4635-A115-A15FE9C4F21B@microsoft.com... >I want to print a box in top left corner of page that has text in it and > rotate it approx 45 degrees ... it will then serve as a memo on sheets I > will >...

progressive totals in a query for a chart
I would like to be able to create progressive totals in a query for display on a chart. The total required only has entries every few months while remaining data appears daily. is this possible? ...

Q: open a query with parameters
All, I think I took a stupid pill today because I can't figure this one out. I want to programmatically open up a query like when you use the docmd.openquery("query name") function. But the query I'm using has parameters which need to be filled in. I vaguely remember something about querydef objects, but I can't seem to get it to work. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks so much! -Mark ...

C002001B during checking for updates
I had a a few bad sectors on my boot drive. A data recovery service recovered all but 12 files, which I have a list of. here is what I did. 1) run the installation repair twice - got the 80070424 err trying to do windows update. 2) copied the following files from an older backup to windows/system32 rasdlg.dll wlanui.dll 3) reboot. now I get C002001B in windows update Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: SLsvc.exe Application Version: 6.0.6002.18005 Application Timestamp: 49e02e64 Fault Module Name: StackHash_0d0f Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0 Fa...

checking mail fromother computer
I have my outlook account at my office. I am only in the office a couple days a week. Is there a way to check my emial from another computer? Thanks! http://www.ultrafunk.com/products/popcorn/ may help. David "Brooke" <brooket@gedco-inc.com> wrote in message news:00fa01c35083$331f4110$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have my outlook account at my office. I am only in the > office a couple days a week. Is there a way to check my > emial from another computer? Thanks! ...

Making a combo box enable for two case
i Have a combo box name Cbmonth when click a specific case i.e. month sales the box enables, Me.cbMonth.Enabled = (SalesPeriod = byMonth) what i need is when we i select Sales person case i need the cbmonth to enable i've tried this me.cbmonth.enabled= (SalesPeriod = byMonth and BySalesPerson) but it doesn't work Any ideas anyone ??? Write it like this: me.cbmonth.enabled= (Me.SalesPeriod = "byMonth" Or Me.SalesPeriod = "BySalesPerson") Note: I am assuming that SalesPeriod is a bound control on your form and that it has text data...

Checking if txtbox is null and DCount parameter
Greetings, I have the following code assigned to previous record navigation button (See below) :- How do I use the Is not null ?? Testing the code the Me.txtAwardId is populated but during the DCount execution I get the error "The expression you entered as a query parameter produced the error: 'StrAward' Can anyone assist? Thanks VBA code attached to button. DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdRecordsGoToPrevious Dim SAwards As Integer Dim StrAward As String 'IsNotNull (Forms![frmCreateAward]!txtAwardId StrAward = Me.txtAwardId SAwards = DCount("[StudentID]", &q...

Text Box Calculation Formula
SpreadCred InsideSpread LeftMain RightMain I have a text box (SpreadCred) that needs to be calculated/populated by a combination of factors. 1. SpreadCred should populate off of the text box - InsideSpread. 2. The value in SpreadCred can not be greater than text box - RightMain nor text box - LeftMain. If it is bigger than either number, it will max out at the larger of the two. Thanks for your time. How this is done depends a little on whether the value will respond to user input or to previously-entered data. This could be done with a nested IIf, but is really a ...

Check out the critical patch
--uymnlbylvyrxbbtv Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="tqytbcslwjbbtso"; type="multipart/alternative" --tqytbcslwjbbtso Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="pjcrsbjatbueesb" --pjcrsbjatbueesb Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2002, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your compute...

Date format on checks
How do you change the date format on checks? Money 2005 is using a day/month/year format and several payees have complained that 1/5/05 means 1 May 2005 and their banks are objecting. Have you tried messing with Region Settings for the operating system? "ROBERT L GUTHRIE" <rlguthrie@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:tcXHd.2206$cZ1.904@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net... > How do you change the date format on checks? Money 2005 is using a > day/month/year format and several payees have complained that 1/5/05 means 1 > May 2005 and their banks are objecting....

Last transaction in a query?
I have a table with 5 fields ID PersonID EDate Amount and TransType I want a query with the last record of each person based on date and I want the results like this PersonID LastOfEDate Amount TransType if a person has tow transactions in the max date I want only one of them How can i do that? thanks You must have a "main" table with a single list of PersonID. Lets assume it is called tblPeople, PK = "ID" So, use that table to provide a unquite list of PersonID. The query can be like: select FirstName, Lastname, WorkPhone, PersonID, EDate, Amount, Tr...

Checking if sheet is visible
I have a formula on one of my sheets that references cells on another sheet. However, that sheet it references can be hidden sometimes and therefore I don't want it referencing it if the sheet is not visible. Is there a way in the formula on the sheet to check if the sheet it's referencing is visible? -- LAF ------------------------------------------------------------------------ LAF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9656 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=394287 You could use a UserDefined Function to...

External Data Query
I read in a book that it is not a good practice to put anything below a external data range. I have done this and have found no problems. What problems has anyone found doing this? If the external data you import is big enough, it can overwrite your data ----- Curtis wrote: ---- I read in a book that it is not a good practice to put anything below a external data range. I have done this and have found no problems. What problems has anyone found doing this? Wouldn't that have to be a big import to do that? My imports are probably not th...

ms query question
i know this isn't the exact forum for this type of question but am not getting replies from the other forums or any info from google searches, so thought i give this a try win2kpro, office 2000 excel hangs when invoking 'run saved query', 'new database query' etc have uninstalled and reinstalled ms query from the office tools in the installation cd so i'm just trying to verify if i have good installation one news group said to check the registry for the folder: LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSQuery, and the folder should have the location of msqry32....

What is the fastest possible xsl style sheet to add another <box> node under <boxes> ?

Putting database data into a combo box...
Hi guys, I have a working databse query thar returns a list of names. I want to put this into a combo box. Currently I am inserting the database data into a range on my spreadsheet (A1) and it uses as many rows as there are names. In my combo box properties I can specify the ListFillRange as A1:A5 or whatever and this works okay, but the thing is, as names are added to the database, I want the range A1:A5 to update dynamically. Q1. Can I send the QueryTable data directly to the combo box ListFillRange... With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:=connstring, Destination:=ComboBox1.Lis...

control box
In an active X control box - is there any way to only allow the list that its linked to. meaning I linked to a range - but you can still type in whatever you want - can I stop this ? Thanks, Yosef Yes, change the Style property to 2 - fmStyleDropDownList -- Regards, Juan Pablo Gonz�lez Excel MVP "ynissel" <ynissel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2D2C419-DBD9-4571-8D03-81B004C37CA0@microsoft.com... > In an active X control box - is there any way to only allow the list that > its > linked to. meaning I linked to a range - but you can still ty...