Cannot repeat table name

I created a report based on a query.
After fooling with the design, I started getting
"Cannot repeat table name "Loan List" in FROM clause".

I cannot find any reference to my table "Loan List" in Design View.

How can I see the FROM clause that's complaining?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Angbob,

This is probably (not necessarily) referring to what you have entered
for the Record Source property of the report.  Have a look at that for a
start.

--
Steve Schapel, Microsoft Access MVP

angbob wrote:
> I created a report based on a query.
> After fooling with the design, I started getting
> "Cannot repeat table name "Loan List" in FROM clause".
>
> I cannot find any reference to my table "Loan List" in Design View.
>
> How can I see the FROM clause that's complaining?
0
Steve
3/14/2008 8:34:14 PM
You're right.  Thanks, Steve.

I stumbled on the report's SQL for the field I wanted.

My report is based on a query.  I got a SELECT into the Record Source that
wanted to lift a field from the table Loan List, but the field was not in the
query.

I did that by dragging the field name "[Loan List].[Percent]" from the Field
List window to the Report Header.  When I tried to do that, Access said
"To complete this operation, Access must modify the RecordSource property of
the current form or report.  Access will create a new query and embed it
directly into the report's RecordSource property.  The report will no longer
be based on the 'ABC' query."

Fine with me, but then the field I chose bore the complaint "Invalid Control
Property: Control Source.  No Such Field in the Field List."

This seems odd, since I dragged the field name from the "Add Existing
Fields" list.

Anyhow, I put the field [Loan List].[Percent] in the underlying query, and I
can get the Percent value to show up in the report's header.  It's inelegant
in so far as I have to put the Percent in each record of the query, so that I
can get it to show up once in the report's header, but I don't mind!

"Steve Schapel" wrote:

> Angbob,
>
> This is probably (not necessarily) referring to what you have entered
> for the Record Source property of the report.  Have a look at that for a
> start.
>
> --
> Steve Schapel, Microsoft Access MVP
>
> angbob wrote:
> > I created a report based on a query.
> > After fooling with the design, I started getting
> > "Cannot repeat table name "Loan List" in FROM clause".
> >
> > I cannot find any reference to my table "Loan List" in Design View.
> >
> > How can I see the FROM clause that's complaining?

automating a pivot table
When using a pivot table, is there any way of automatically selecting from a drop down menu. By this I mean if I can select one of 5 colours, If I put "red" in cell A1, can the pivot table be made to take the value in cell A1 as the colour selection, rather than me selecting red from the drop down list. thanks in advance You can add fields to the page area. When you select from the dropdown list in a field there, the table is filtered to show only that item. bobf wrote: > When using a pivot table, is there any way of > automatically selecting from a drop down menu. &g...

Input cell on Data Table will not work
I have re-created the example from Microsoft Excel Help from "Creating a one variable data table", and when I select "Data Table" then select "Column input cell" I select the cell specified in the example. I receive the message "Input cell reference is not valid" The same thing happens when I try to replicate the two variable data table from Microsoft Help. Note that you have to select a "single rectangle that is more than one row high and one column wide" Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Sarah Bee" wrote: > I have re-created the ex...

Exchange 2003: Contacts Display Name
We recently migrated to Exchange 2003, and are noticing a slight problem. Under Exchange 2000, when an internet user sent us a message, and that user was a contact in Active Directory, the display name we set in AD would show up in e-mail, overriding what the user set at home. Under Exchange 2003, this is no longer the case. Are we missing a setting somewhere?? Environment: Windows 2000 AD Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 Enterprise. Thanks for any help ...

Automatically Refresh pivot table
In Excel 2000, I have a spreadsheet with several table. Some of the tabs have been filled with data from an Access MDB. I have manually created a second tab which contains a pivot table based on the data I passed in to the ther tab. The source data tab always has a different number of rows every time the Access MDB is executed. How can I automatically refresh the pivot table? Thanks -- Shell What is your trigger to refresh. When you open the book or every ?? minutes? or... There are some options in Table Options. Right click the pivot table and select Table Optio...

auto category transactions by payee name
Money automatically categorizes some items. Can I customize where they go by keywords and such for every time I import transactions? ...

Do Long Names Corrupt?
I have an Access 97 database that I've been developing since '98. All seems to have been fine until about 5 years ago. The database exits or crashes for no reason. I have been trying to figure this out for years, but cant seem to identify the cause. I've tried all kinds of tips on corruption without success. Recently I was able to reproduce the problem. I went directly into a design view of a report and the system exited out, back to my desktop. The query driving the report had a long name of "Quote Like Status Summary by Cust". I then changed it to &q...

Pulling specific data from table field
I am having a problem figuring the right way to pull specific data from within the text of the table's field and separating it into a unique field alone. Anyway, my problem is that I need to copy a user's first name out of a field that contains system user information, and then pull the last name out separately as well, both uniquely. I don't mind having separate queries to do this (although one would be preferred of course). Table: tbl1 Field: userinfo Example of field data: ABD 000000 111, Doe John, R, W, T22222222, T333333 The ABC and 111 are constants within ...

Excel 2007 Pivot Tables
How do I set my pivot table so that it does not display any sums of values that are equal to zero? Thanks, Barb Reinhardt You can use conditional formatting to set the foreground colour to white if the cell contents are zero. Hope this helps. Pete On Mar 10, 2:19=A0pm, Barb Reinhardt <BarbReinha...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I set my pivot table so that it does not display any sums of value= s > that are equal to zero? > > Thanks, > > Barb Reinhardt ...

Pivot Table suppresses/hides zero values
I have a list of retail chains... products and amounts sold. My pivot table does not show any of the retail chains that don't have sales. I've added zero data in the Access table I'm pulling from, but that doesn't seem to help. My Pivot table options and my general option are NOT set to hide zero values. It's something the table seems to be doing automatically. Anyone have a suggestion? Check the field settings (double click the grey field names) to mak sure "show items with no data" is checked -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

clearing values of cells in named range(s) so the cells are empty
Hi all I am working on project where i paste data-set into a worksheet (sheet1) , do several calculations and put the results specific cells on sheet2. I am using named ranges for the cells in sheet2 that receive the data. WHat i am trying to figure out is a way to set the cells in the named ranges on sheet2 to 0 or "" before starting the routine that does all the calculaions. This way I can be sure that the data on sheet2 belongs to current set of calculations. Thank you in advance for any advise. BRC Assuming one of the named ranges is name SomeRangeName, then this state...

Structured Table Refs in VBA
I'm confused about the relationship between tables (using structured references) and ranges. I can work on individual cells from a table column, similar to working with a range, using- Dim oSh As Worksheet Set oSh = ActiveSheet Dim r As Range For Each r In oSh.Range("MyRange[ColumnName]") r.Value = 10 Next But if I try to create a range object from a table, using any of- r = oSh.Range("MyRange") r = oSh.Range("MyRange[#Data]") r = oSh.Range("MyRange[ rowvariable, [ColumnName]]") I think I am fai...

Best approach? Native Excel pivot for a SQL table
We've researched how to have an Excel pivot table use as its source a table generated by a SQL-based program. There are a number of ways mentioned in the Excel documentation. At least one seem complicated to even test--like having to create a data definition. We're happy to do the work but are unclear which method is best, and whether one or more methods is risky. We first probably will have to create the pivot table using a sample table with the right field names, and then ideally will point it somehow at the real table, which will be on a different system and at a different path....

Pivot Table with interactive Chart
I have a cube with some KPI's. One of my details is a parent-child dimension. The pivot table is working great with my KPI's - but what I'm wanting to do is click some of the KPI values and have a corrosponding graph update. Can I put in hyperlinks in a pivot table view that either updates a graph in my worksheet or I can call a Reporting Services Report that pop's up a window? ...

Updating a table
I have query that relates to a table and i want to be able to automatically insert a comment into a range. I.E Table column is called Report name. I want to open the query and have it ask me the name of the report. When i enter it i want it to auutomatically enter the name in the column so that all the other information that i add afterweards is associated with the report. I then want this info to save when i exit. Can anybody help? ...

Named range row/column reference #2
thanks. understood, and that does work well. I would still like to be able to reference within named ranges usin offsets from the beginning of the named range. Once I have the offset they would serve as references into other named ranges of a simila dimension. *Is there a way to get vStudentNbr and vTestWeek as relative reference to the beginning of their respective named ranges? * (yes I am a VBA newbie!! and I am not yet writing the most efficien code LOL :) -- Urklnm ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Urklnme's Profile: http://www.e...

One Input, Two Input Data Tables.
Dear Colleagues Thank you very much for being close to us through this tool, even thousand of miles are separating us. I have contacted you before and you were too kind for resolution and response. Please advise us with visual basic macro in case that the user would like to use "Data - Table" to include one equation. The equation contain more than one variable in the Row Input Cell, and more than one variable in Column Input Cell. A short response only for the Article Number for easy reference to find the article will be greatly appreciated. YOU MAY HAVE ANOTHER TOOL TO...

Problem writing a macro to Hide Detail in a Pivot Table
I have a pivot table with a row I want to Hide Detail for. I recorded macro by clicking on the row heading I want to hide, then right clickin and selecting Group and Outline and then selecting Hide Detail. Thi all worked during recording, but when I try to play it back I get Run-time error 1004; Unable to set the ShowDetail property of the Rang class. The recorded macro is: Sheets("Classic").Select Range("E7).Select Selection.ShowDetail = False Range E7 is the Row label of the data I want to hide. I've recorded many macros and understand a lot of the quirks abou pivot...

IS there a way to find the name of GIF file over Excel cell
Please help, please!!!! Is there a way to find the name of GIF image over a sheet cell. these images are small tick marks and I need to store the count of these images into each respective cell. There can be upto 3 GIF images at the top left side of a cell. Thanks -- gggkkk ------------------------------------------------------------------------ gggkkk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29653 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=493638 Over a specific cell? You can cycle through all the pictures and look to see...

Making field from Access table my To line in an email
I have created a database with all my contacts and thier information in it. I need to send an email informing the people on my table to save the date for my wedding. To save money costs I want to email the invites to those who have email. How do I take the email addresses from my table and place them into the To or BCC line or my yahoo email account? There's information on this and other email questions on Tony Toews's pages at http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/email.htm On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 13:45:26 -0700, "ghummel" <clearpathconsulting@yahoo.com> wrote: >...

Dns lookup or name resolution
Hi all There is a problem with a component on my network and i am told to check if i can resolve the servername from a workstation. How do i resolve a servername? (or any name for that matter) I have xp pro and windows server 2003 Thanks Using nslookup utility from the command-line. http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/nslookup.mspx?mfr=true -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "MSExchange2003Student" <exchangestudent@newsgro...

"ERROR: Posting to table ..." message
A user had their computer crash while they were posting receiving transactions. When they rebooted and logged back into Great Plains, they got a message that posting was interupted but they click OK to continue posting. The following messages were found on the Receivings Posting Journals: "ERROR: Posting to table POP30390. Restore from a backup if possible." "ERROR: Posting to table POP30310. Restore from a backup if possible." They appear to be for one transaction, not for the entire batch. I looked in inquiry, the transaction is there under historical rec...

Domain names changed
Hi. i'll try to explain the best i can!! We currently have 2 sites, 1 Novell and 1 Microsoft. The MS Exchange server has all the relevant groupwise connectors configured to allow emails to be sent and received from both sites but i've just noticed something weird. I've sent an email from my personal account, which is me@o2.co.uk, to the following recipients: them@theredomain.com them@ourdomain.com everyone@anotherdomain.com. When the email arrived, the username had stayed the same but theredomain.com, ourdomain.com and anotherdomain.com had been changed to show o2.co.uk (i.e....

Excel 2007, pivot table format issue
Suddenly the numbers in my pivot tables are reverting to dates! I can reformat to numbers but on refresh they revert to dates. Help please? ...

Name change and email problems
I have a user who has gotten married and asked that I change her name to reflect her new name. I made the changes to her display and logon name and also set up a new SMTP address. Now the problem is the user cannot access her mail using POP or IMAP. OWA works just fine. I have run into this problem before and my only solution was to delete and recreate the account from scratch then reattach the mail box. Is there any other way? Thanks did you change her "alias"? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8C18394-...

Table handles
Using Word V. X, recently the "handles" that one can use for moving tables have disappeared, I cannot seem to make them come back. I can still position tables by specifying location but this isn't nearly as quick as using the handles. This happens whether I am using a new document, an old one that has been saved many times. Doing the table-to-text /text back to table manuver has not helped. What I am I missing? Downloading the latest upgrade has not helped. ...