Can't save pivot table layout

I'm struggling to understand why Access 2003 can't save pivot table and
pivot chart layout.

I've tried to:

- build a query\view and set pivot table default view: when opening again it
shows in datasheet view and switching to pivot table view gives an empty
work space; need to place fields in the wizard  again.

- build a form and set pivot table default view: when opening again it shows
pivot table view uncomplete; not all the fileds are there since last save.

it is an .adp

Access 2003 + SP3

0
Marcus
1/30/2008 9:51:08 AM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

"Marcus" <marcus@idontwant.spam.org> wrote in message
> I'm struggling to understand why Access 2003 can't save pivot table and
> pivot chart layout.
>
> I've tried to:
>
> - build a query\view and set pivot table default view: when opening again
> it shows in datasheet view and switching to pivot table view gives an
> empty work space; need to place fields in the wizard  again.
>
> - build a form and set pivot table default view: when opening again it
> shows pivot table view uncomplete; not all the fileds are there since last
> save.
>
> it is an .adp
>
> Access 2003 + SP3

Up!! Any help?

0
Marcus

Modify scale in X axis on a scatter plot from Pivot data
I need to increase the gap between my labels on the X axis in a scatter plot. They are too close and I can not read the labels unless i make them 4pt and zoom in to 200%. There are about 200 points on the X axis at .2 increments. I would like to be able to have labels for whole numbers only. I can not use a fixed set of values by generating a dummy X-axis since the range changes as I apply the different filters. Any ideas? thanks! Sandy Pivot charts don't let you change the spacing of the categories. They also don't let you make an XY (scatter) chart, so you probably have ...

Newbie question re column name does not belong to table item
This is my first time with XML and first time with vb.Net so it's an up hill learning curve for me but I would appreciate any help with this probably simple request. I've got a couple of column names in an xml source that my vb.net application can't handle. I know its because there is a ":" in both columns but i don't know of a way to treat the xml as a string, change the column names and then feed the results to an xmltextreader. regards, AndyB this is my xml feed: earthquake data from USGS. http://earthquake.usgs.gov/recenteqsww/eqs1day-M2.5.xml below is the err...

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

Save and save as

pivot table sorting
Hello, I have data that includes alot of fileds but my pivot table has PO, PO line, Vendor, and value. I need to sort the top 10 values by PO and line item. I cannot seem to figure it out. Can someone help? Thanks Pat you do not state what your PO and PO Lines are so the amount of help I can provide you is limited. I have put a file up for you at:- http://www.pierrefondes.com/ It is item number 30 towards the top of my home page (at the top at the moment). In EXCEL 2007:- I will give explanation by way of reference to a file called pivot_top_ten. In cell F16 the...

Tables separate from other objects
Hi, I am currently building a desktop database application that is LAN based and will be used by many users at the same time. I started with the assumption that it is best to separate the data tables in a separate database and build the queries, forms, reports, and VB code in another database which links to the tables in the first one. I have noticed that the main database is slow to access the linked tables, probably because they link over the LAN. That led me to question this method and I am wondering if it would be best to keep it all together. Any of you have advices on this subje...

Table Delete Strategy on SQL Server 2005
I have a table that has over 300 million rows. Each row is quite hefty in size. I need to do selective delete of quiete a few rows, in millions. Could somebody suggest an approach to best handle such a scenario. The approach can include settings or adding db objects that would speed up the handling of this. Thanks in advance RG > size. I need to do selective delete of quiete a few rows, in millions. I am not sure that understood the above... Thats simple technique to delete 2000 rows (batch size) according to WHERE condition WHILE 1 = 1 BEGIN DELETE TOP(2000...

Saving Images

"Unattainable" savings goals

make new table
i have the follow problem, i have a table like this in excel worksheet... i have in collums the number of the days of one month 1,2...31, each day have / occupies 3 different collums beneath with values and the same patern for all the days, the problem is that i don't have all the fields filled with numbers but some, now i want to collect those numbers and make a new table that contains the numbers...... how i can do it? (at the A collum every row have a different name) i don't know how to describe it better but for simplicity for each row i want to have the values of every of the 3 c...

Saving default tabs

Clear Temp Table
Sir, How to clear or delete messages in SMTP Temp Table Thanks and regards Sathish Kumar ...

Save to unProtect a Document?

Save csv format to dbf format

frequency table for continuous variable
Dear Friends. Can we use excel to create a frequency table for a continuous variable? I using excel 2000. Any help? Oamr Farook omarfdawood@yahoo.com Yes =COUNTIF(range,"<3")-COUNTIF(range,"<1") will return the number of values in the range that satisfy 1<=x<3. Jerry omarfdawood@yahoo.com wrote: > Dear Friends. > > Can we use excel to create a frequency table for a continuous variable? > I using excel 2000. > > Any help? > > Oamr Farook > omarfdawood@yahoo.com > > ...

Table to feed form instead of lenghty code?
Hello, I a database that is kind of like an Auction type deal. If a user enters their user ID and click the button, it will automatically display their chosen private ID (or Auction ID). What I want to know is, I have 80 people in my department and the code (only way I know how to do it) will become very long. Can I set up a table with the User ID and Private ID and when the button is clicked, have it read from the table and display the Private ID that way? Below is how I am going to do it if no alternative. Private Sub cmdStatusUpdate_Click() Me.NewBid.Locked = False ...

Daylight Savings Time #2

How to get saved old saved work that was saved over?
I typed up some History notes and saved it. I wanted to use the same format from those History notes for some new History notes and I saved over on my old work. How can i retrive my old saved work? My work was in Word not Excel But I could not find a place to ask a question in the Word help section. If you saved over the original file, it is gone forever. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Maral" <Maral@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0ADFEF9-6A46-4589-8923-4BFC07D9C61F@microsoft.com......

Pivot Table % calculation
I am getting a div/o error, when i insert a calculation into a pivot table. How can i leave blank instead of getting the Div/0 error thanks jerry You can hide the errors: Right-click on a cell in the pivot table Choose Table Options Add a check mark to 'For error values, show' Leave the text box empty Click OK jerry wrote: > I am getting a div/o error, when i insert a calculation into a pivot table. > How can i leave blank instead of getting the Div/0 error > > thanks > jerry > > -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contexture...

Pivot Table #7
Hi -- I have a pivot table Column A = Soldtoname Column B = Sales # Column C = Software Column D = Support Column E = Grand total Is there a way to incorporate next to Column E what percentage Support represents? Hi, Take a look at Debra web http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot10.html if this helps please click yes, thanks "H" wrote: > Hi -- I have a pivot table > > Column A = Soldtoname > Column B = Sales # > Column C = Software > Column D = Support > Column E = Grand total > > Is there a way to incorporate next to Column E what percentage Supp...