Can't move tables in Relationship view

When I open Relationships in Access 2003, I can initially move just about
any table.  But then some of the tables become frozen at their position, and
I have to wait several minutes before I can move them.

What causes this?  Is there a work around?

0
wdsnews
3/16/2008 12:20:02 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

I suspect the problem you describe is due to a miscommunication between
Access 2003 and Windows.

On Windows XP with themes, Access can get confused about what the mouse is
pointing to, and doesn't recognise when you are pointing to the border of
the tables in the Relationships window. This generally happens when the
window has been scrolled away from its top/left position. Sometimes you can
still click in the middle of the table to select it. The same problem can
also occur in other contexts - particularly the query design window.

To verify that this is the cause of the problem, close Access. Right-click
the Windows desktop, and choose Properties. Set the Theme to Windows
Classic. It will look rather basic (e.g. you will lose the rounded corners
on the Windows.) Go back into Access, and see if the problem has gone.

"wdsnews" <wdsnews.0640@oregoncity.com> wrote in message
> When I open Relationships in Access 2003, I can initially move just about
> any table.  But then some of the tables become frozen at their position,
> and I have to wait several minutes before I can move them.
>
> What causes this?  Is there a work around?

0
Allen
3/16/2008 2:12:51 AM
thank you.  I also learned another work around.  If I bring up any other
application, Word for example, or a currently open browser, I can return to
Access and the tables will again be available to be moved in the
Relationships window.  I normally have many apps open at once, so this makes
a quick and easy work around.

>I suspect the problem you describe is due to a miscommunication between
>Access 2003 and Windows.
>
> On Windows XP with themes, Access can get confused about what the mouse is
> pointing to, and doesn't recognise when you are pointing to the border of
> the tables in the Relationships window. This generally happens when the
> window has been scrolled away from its top/left position. Sometimes you
> can still click in the middle of the table to select it. The same problem
> can also occur in other contexts - particularly the query design window.
>
> To verify that this is the cause of the problem, close Access. Right-click
> the Windows desktop, and choose Properties. Set the Theme to Windows
> Classic. It will look rather basic (e.g. you will lose the rounded corners
> on the Windows.) Go back into Access, and see if the problem has gone.

> "wdsnews" <wdsnews.0640@oregoncity.com> wrote in message
>> When I open Relationships in Access 2003, I can initially move just about
>> any table.  But then some of the tables become frozen at their position,
>> and I have to wait several minutes before I can move them.
>>
>> What causes this?  Is there a work around?

0
wdsnews

Moving license to a new computer

Input form using 3 Tables
I have an Input Form based on a query using 3 Tables. 2 of the Tables are for information only. The 3rd table is the table I want to input and update information in. If I use 2 of the tables including the table I want to update the Input form works. Once I introduce the 3rd table my fields become locked. I have another database that is using the same concept and it works fine but this database isn't, what am I missing. Thanks ...

restrict a view to a sales territory
Hi, I need to do some custom views for a teams consisting of a couple of people. Is sharing the view with the team the only possibility here or can a view be shared with a sales territory? Thanks, Tuomas Tuomas, Team. (But, as a team can equal a sales territory, that's not really a limitation, right?) HTH, Dave ------------------------------------------------- David L. Carr, President Visionary Software Consulting, Inc. Main #: 971-327-6944 To download a fully functional trial version of VAST, the Visionary Audit System Tools for Microsoft CRM, visit http://www.vscrm.com/trial.h...

Relink to tables with password on BE
I'm using Dev Ashish's code to relink tables and it works great on a non-protected db. The issue I am having is that when I add a Password to the BE, I can't get it to work. Where do I need to put the password in Dev's code to get it to relink? I'm thinking it needs to be in the connection and in the table link but I can't get it to work. I added the password to the following code: .Connect = ";Database=" & strDBPath & ";PWD=xxx10" but it is breaking on this which is before the code above ...

Excel Tables
Hello, Can any one help me with my dilemma here: I am tring to convert my "cross-table" looking table to a regular table, see below details: "cross-tbl" clmn A clmn B clmn C Totals 2008 Totals 2009 Totals 2010 Info1 data data $$$ $$$ $$$ Info2 data data $$$ $$$ $$$ Info3 data data $$$ $$$ $$$ I want: clmn A clmn B clmn C colmn D Value Info1 data data Totals 2008 $$$ Info1 data data...

Safe to Move?

Moving Exchange 2000

Anyone tried customizing activity views by editing the SavedQueryBase records?
Would editing the SavedQueryBase records directly allow me to add otherwise unavailable columns to the various activities views? I am trying to show the phone number (location) but this column is not available using the workarounds posted for editing the activity views using the CRM GUI. Anyone tried this yet? I am not looking for an officially supported solution - just a functional workaround. ...

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

sum in two tables to calculate QOH
The following is the scenario stock _ in table Id item_no pcs 1 1 10 2 2 30 3 1 22 stock_out_table Id item_no pcs 1 1 6 2 2 12 3 1 6 So the Query result should show or the Qty on hand should show this result. ItemNum QOH 1 20 2 1 can you help me with an apt. query. I tried using select t1.itemnum,sum(t1.pcs-t2.pcs) from t1,t2 where t1.ite...

Journal table in database
Anyone know what data the Journal table stores. I gather its either all the transaction data or a "picture of the receipt" The journal table is taking up 1.8GB of the total 2.6GB database. If the journal table is just a picture of the receipt, is there anyway I can just keep them if they are less than 30 days old, as I've never looked in the journal for something more than a few days old. Cheers This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C75E2C.823DAB00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-prin...

Smartlist Builder View Security
I have a poweruser who builds Smartlist reports but she does not have access to SQL. When she creates a new report using an existing View, the user always gets a blank Smartlist report (exploring...completed... no records). We followed the advice to mark all tables and views in SmartList builder security but that never seems to do the trick. I am running grant.sql on all our companies now. Does she have to come to me to run the script every time she has a new report? Why doesn't the Smartlist Security option add DYNGRP to the view security? thanks Because Smartlis...

Why aren't dates always available to group in pivot tables?
I download data that gives me sales number by individual day. I build a pivot table to get total sales by day and then group the process day by month or quarter. Sometimes this works perfectly, while other times I get the message 'Cannot group that selection'. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a limit to the number of rows or columns that can be grouped? You'll see that error message if the date field contains a blank cell, or text entry. There's a bit more information, and some workarounds, here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot07.html#Problems JLM wr...

Moving Pages between two publications

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Pivot Tables #2
I am trying to format a pivot table with different rows of data. Attached is a copy of the current report, done in Crystal (it takes way to long). Is there a way to format a pivot table in Excel like this? Hi no file attached. BUT in this NG please do NOT attach files. Most people won't open them anyway. Try to explain in plain text what you're trying to achieve -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Richard E. Van Daele, Jr. wrote: > I am trying to format a pivot table with different rows of data. > Attached is a copy of the current report, done in Crystal (it tak...

Open View->Header&Footer
Is it possible that on opening Excel , View -> Header & Footer opens automatically. The reason is that I need all the users to add a footer for all the documents. Hence the requirement is that this box opens on default or some other way where in they can be prompted to change the footer. Private Sub Workbook_Open() Application.SendKeys "%vh" End Sub The above works if you place that code in the Thisworkbook code: right-click the excel LOGO near the file menu and paste the code there. "Sanjay Rao" wrote: > Is it possible that on opening Excel , View...

Changing the Customer lookup View
Hi all, I got a lil question.. when searching for a contact on the case form, We choose the contact from the customer lookup field - thats because we need to send an email via workflow to the contact. the problem is when we open the lookup view we always need to change the search type to contact from account. is there any way we can change the lookup window so that we'll get the contact as the default lookup? hope I made myself clear.. Tnx in advance, Guy s. Hi, Use following pieace of code in your onLoad event of case form. Remember to enable the event, save and publish it. Re...