Can't find my Front End Folder after database split

I just split my database base to allow for ease of use for multiple users.
Ererything, it seemed, went smoothly until i try to find the fron-end folder.
It is nowhere to be found. Should it be label ****_fe.mbd like the back end?

Please help.

Thaanks.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

It will be called that, unless you typed something else in the save as
dialog. I thought it ended up in the same folder as the backend after
splitting.
Easiest way is to go back to the original and split it again, this time take
note of where you save it before you press the button.

Jeanette Cunningham

"Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just split my database base to allow for ease of use for multiple users.
> Ererything, it seemed, went smoothly until i try to find the fron-end
> folder.
> It is nowhere to be found. Should it be label ****_fe.mbd like the back
> end?
>
> Please help.
>
> Thaanks.

0
Jeanette
2/20/2008 9:46:01 PM
On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 13:31:03 -0800, Joe <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I just split my database base to allow for ease of use for multiple users.
>Ererything, it seemed, went smoothly until i try to find the fron-end folder.
>It is nowhere to be found. Should it be label ****_fe.mbd like the back end?

No; it will have the same filename as your original unsplit database, with no
suffix. That is, if you split MyData.mdb you will get a new MyData.mdb (with
all the tables linked instead of local), along with MyData_be.mdb.

Try opening the database and look at the Tables window in the database screen.
Each tablename should have a little arrow icon next to it indicating that it
is a linked table. The size of the file should also be considerably smaller
than the size of the backup that you made before splitting (ummm... you DID
make a backup... right??)
--
             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

Jeanette Cunningham

> On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 13:31:03 -0800, Joe <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
>>I just split my database base to allow for ease of use for multiple users.
>>Ererything, it seemed, went smoothly until i try to find the fron-end
>>folder.
>>It is nowhere to be found. Should it be label ****_fe.mbd like the back
>>end?
>
> No; it will have the same filename as your original unsplit database, with
> no
> suffix. That is, if you split MyData.mdb you will get a new MyData.mdb
> (with
> all the tables linked instead of local), along with MyData_be.mdb.
>
> Try opening the database and look at the Tables window in the database
> screen.
> Each tablename should have a little arrow icon next to it indicating that
> it
> is a linked table. The size of the file should also be considerably
> smaller
> than the size of the backup that you made before splitting (ummm... you
> DID
> make a backup... right??)
> --
>             John W. Vinson [MVP]

0
Jeanette

Find Duplicate names and delate

Finding a Median

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Folders #8
When I go to the All Mail Folders I see 1. MSN Mailbox 2. BCM 3. MSN Mailbox 4. Personal Folders When I open Outlook it always opens to MSN Mailbox. How do I get it to open into the Personal Folders when starting. Thanks for your help. Stephen Reinstein SteveR7138@msn.com Steve Reinstein <SteveR7138@msn.com> wrote: > When I go to the All Mail Folders I see > 1. MSN Mailbox > 2. BCM > 3. MSN Mailbox > 4. Personal Folders > > When I open Outlook it always opens to MSN Mailbox. How do I get it > to open into the Personal Folders when starting. Is this MOOL?...

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

setting the same choice and order of the fields in all the folders
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C422DC.8D05E5E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="koi8-r" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How do I set the same choice and order of the fields in all the folders? For the moment the View settings apply to a particular folder and I have = to set them manually in every folder. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C422DC.8D05E5E0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="koi8-r" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <...

Find (but not find)

Finding an event

cannot find database

Deleting Spam folder
Hi, is there a way to have MS Outlook 2002 automatically empty my "Spam" folder into my "Deleted Items" folder after it gets filled with an X amount of spam emails? Gordy Gordon Byrne <gordyjb@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi, is there a way to have MS Outlook 2002 automatically empty my > "Spam" folder into my "Deleted Items" folder after it gets filled > with an X amount of spam emails? Outlook 2002 by itself doesn't have a "Spam" folder. If you see one, it's because either you have rules moving the messages there or y...

Trapping a NO FIND after a find

How do I find the out of office reply?

Changing database collation for existing databases
Hi, We are upgrading from SQL2000 to SQL2008R2. We are taking the opportunity to update the collation on our databases. Sorry to bring this up again but there are a lot of partial answers online and a lot of conflicting information. Our situation is that we have a database with NO COLLATE clauses, i.e. all columns use the database default (temp tables excepted). The only Microsoft knowledge base article on this seems to be from 7.0 and 2000. I wonder if the same comments still apply. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/325335 So which is the best method (i.e. the simplest/fastest...

Exch 2003 Public Folder Problem
I have an xcng 2003 mixed environment with Exchange 5.5. I have some PF's that are not receiving email from internal sources, but they can receive email from the internet. I don't see anything in the queues. I don't get any Delivery errors. Nothing. What can cause this behavior? Have u set up replication of the PF to the Exchange 2003 server? Can Exchange 5.5 users post? "Lost" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:077c01c4d9ba$4d9dfb00$a501280a@phx.gbl... >I have an xcng 2003 mixed environment with Exchange 5.5. > > I have...

Outlook 2003 2 Personal Folders
I have 2 persoanl folders in Outlook 2003. I recieved a new machine and copied pst file from Outlook 2000 machine to correct locations on Outlook 2003 machine. Now I have duplicate everything. Receive new messages - goes to both inbox. HELP!!! Gladys <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have 2 persoanl folders in Outlook 2003. I recieved a > new machine and copied pst file from Outlook 2000 machine > to correct locations on Outlook 2003 machine. Now I have > duplicate everything. Receive new messages - goes to both > inbox. HELP!!! You should never overw...

Send link to item using Folder Assistant rule
I have an Exchange server public folder set up with a custom form. The folder assistant rules work nicely to forward the posted messages to the appropriate list of recipients, based on the value in one of the user-defined fields of the form (using the Advanced settings in the rule editor). However there is no option to forward a _link_ to the posted message - the entire message gets forwarded. The result is that a message lands up in the recipients' Inboxes using the default form, and they can then proceed to reply on the message in their Inbox folders, which is not desired. I do not ha...

Advanced Find not finding all
"Advanced Find" in Outlook 2007 is not finding all email messages which match the criteria. It finds between 30 and 200 and then stops. I then have to work with those (e.g., delete them) and then click "Find Now" again to find another batch, dozens of times! What is wrong? How do I fix this and find all messages that match the criteria? My typical application is to split the entire contents of my .pst files by date. Do do this I make a copy of the file. In one I delete all messages older than the cutoff date (e.g., 1/1/2007), and in the other I delete all messages yo...

How to: find reason for rejected messages?
I'm trying to find the reason, why certain messages get rejected by our exchange 2000 server. Is there a way to find out? Scenario: pullmail gets mails from pop3 mailboxes from, let's say "internetmailserver.com" and puts it in our exchange server "intranet.com". For most mails it works marvellous but for some mails it just fails and I can only see (output of pullmail command): .... 1 messages waiting << +OK 8488322 octets Message from: some.user@validdomain.com to: user@intranet.com SMTP message rejected, reply OK Unexpected response rsion:...

Favorite Folder
I just upgraded to office 2003. In outlook now there is the favorite folder. Is there a way to change the font size that lists the personal folders. I was able to customize everything except this. ...

Archiving mail into a public folder??? Is it possible?
Sorry I don't know if this is the right group to post this message but does anyone know how to archive a mailbox to a public folder? I want to say that there was a tool on the Exch5.5 resource kit that would do this, but I can not find it on the Exch 2K resource kit. I want to say it was called mail repl or something like that. What you can do is look at the exmerge utility on the 2K resource kit and see if you can export to .pst then import to a PF. Ozone "Javanutz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:061d01c3da25$1ae33990$a101280a@phx.gbl......